UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area to be searched is roughly 30m X 30m X 8M or in old money ~100 feet X 100 feet X 26 feet. I think one of the local media sites equated it to 3 Olympic size swimming pools which seems about right to me?

Hi Everyone,
Long time lurker & new member here.
I've been following this story pretty closely & it's certainly been very strange in lots of ways, misinformation, the way this case has been handled by LE for instance.
One thing I wish to ask which I don't believe has been mentioned (apologies if it has) concerns the other bin lorry that made a pick up in the HS or thereabouts.
Was there any info released as to the weight of the refuse collected by this other vehicle?

I believe the first bin lorry had 11 Kgs of recycled materials, but have not read anything regarding the second bin lorry.

First let me say, i have nothing but respect for the UK and the British people, but I have a question. Seems the police are too darn polite. If american cops wanted to search a landfill, they would arrive in force, search warrant in hand and start digging. They would not be warning the locals that they might have to shut their windows due to smell, or cancel their outdoor activities. I almost think this culture of politeness has slowed this entire investigation. Maybe I watch too much tv.

I don't think it's about politeness. Warning about the smell is polite, but I think it's simply logistics holding them up at the moment. They'll have to gather the right staff for the job, build the walkways, figure out a production line method for grabbing bundles of waste and then sorting through, bearing in mind that it'll have to be done in a forensic fashion, and I would have thought a full forensics team would have to do the fine sorting to look for things like clothing fragments and small bones that most people wouldn't recognise for what they are?

Unless I'm completely wrong about that last part, I don't think you'd often get that many forensics officers in one place at a time, so they'll have to be called in from other counties or from the Met?

I don't think this is a warrant situation. It's still a missing person's inquiry, so the company that own the landfill have probably voluntarily cooperated to close that section down, and they're probably voluntarily allowing the search. There might not be a strong evidence trail that Corrie is at the landfill...it might just be that's the only thing left that makes sense after searching roadsides, fields, rivers, etc.

Hi Everyone,
Long time lurker & new member here.
I've been following this story pretty closely & it's certainly been very strange in lots of ways, misinformation, the way this case has been handled by LE for instance.
One thing I wish to ask which I don't believe has been mentioned (apologies if it has) concerns the other bin lorry that made a pick up in the HS or thereabouts.
Was there any info released as to the weight of the refuse collected by this other vehicle?

I believe the first bin lorry had 11 Kgs of recycled materials, but have not read anything regarding the second bin lorry.

Welcome.

I don't believe a second bin lorry pickup has been confirmed yet but is currently suspected (at least by me). Your question does get me thinking though...Like with the HS 11kg load the Police can look at the weights recorded of say a general waste bin from behind Mill House and *IF* Corrie was in a bin the previous weeks records would likely show a large discrepancy of weight for that night?

The area to be searched is roughly 30m X 30m X 8M or in old money ~100 feet X 100 feet X 26 feet. I think one of the local media sites equated it to 3 Olympic size swimming pools which seems about right to me?

From the Martin McKeague article it's "26 foot deep 900 metre wide" ... which is closer to 26 foot deep and 900 yards, not 100 feet.

900 metres is almost a kilometre! 26 foot deep would be something like the height of a 2-storey building??

From the Martin McKeague article it's "26 foot deep 900 metre wide" ... which is closer to 26 foot deep and 900 yards, not 100 feet.

900 metres is almost a kilometre! 26 foot deep would be something like the height of a 2-storey building??

Just a simple mix up that is completely understandable. Police said it is a 920 square metre area and 30m X 30m is 900 square metres. At least that is how I work it out. I could be wrong...

Just a simple mix up that is completely understandable. Police said it is a 920 square metre area and 30m X 30m is 900 square metres. At least that is how I work it out. I could be wrong...

You could be right, I hadn't thought of that. I have no idea how many cubic metres they can search per day?

You could be right, I hadn't thought of that. I have no idea how many cubic metres they can search per day?

From the description given of the operation this is a forensic level search so even though the area to search isn't that huge it will be a slow process I would think. A landfill body search is rare so they may not really know how to go about it....

Welcome.

I don't believe a second bin lorry pickup has been confirmed yet but is currently suspected (at least by me). Your question does get me thinking though...Like with the HS 11kg load the Police can look at the weights recorded of say a general waste bin from behind Mill House and *IF* Corrie was in a bin the previous weeks records would likely show a large discrepancy of weight for that night?
Thank you TTWO.
Another thought I have is if C had been relieving himself in the HS, maybe someone/people took advantage of the situation & attacked him.

I don't think it's about politeness. Warning about the smell is polite, but I think it's simply logistics holding them up at the moment. They'll have to gather the right staff for the job, build the walkways, figure out a production line method for grabbing bundles of waste and then sorting through, bearing in mind that it'll have to be done in a forensic fashion, and I would have thought a full forensics team would have to do the fine sorting to look for things like clothing fragments and small bones that most people wouldn't recognise for what they are?

Unless I'm completely wrong about that last part, I don't think you'd often get that many forensics officers in one place at a time, so they'll have to be called in from other counties or from the Met?

I don't think this is a warrant situation. It's still a missing person's inquiry, so the company that own the landfill have probably voluntarily cooperated to close that section down, and they're probably voluntarily allowing the search. There might not be a strong evidence trail that Corrie is at the landfill...it might just be that's the only thing left that makes sense after searching roadsides, fields, rivers, etc.

Google searching for a body in a landfill. It's sickening to see how common it is. It appears more USA though.
It seems from my quick glance, that it is most often done by a team that includes cadaver dog. I can only imagine probes are used or layers are removed and the dog gives it a sniff. If he gives his signal, a closer examination is made. I know in forensic anthropological digs outside a landfill, they sift through the dirt. I would think that would not be practical in a landfill. If a dog signals on an area, then the meticulous anthropological methods might be used. If the dogs never hit or if no obvious remains are found, I suspect it is more a macro search than a micro search. but what do i know.

Thank you TTWO.
Another thought I have is if C had been relieving himself in the HS, maybe someone/people took advantage of the situation & attacked him.

Or if he had a cunning plan to borrow a bike to go home on.

I haven't been able to get the bins out of my mind since this all began. I know the area and the first thing I noticed when I went to have a look around the HS afterwards was that Corrie was walking straight towards the bins. The idea that he got in one of them to keep warm and snooze till he was sober enough to drive back to base has stayed with me. And then the bin was emptied. Whatever the facts we know, what has been reported over the months, what was said to have been checked (weight,etc) and so on, I still think that Corrie was in a bin. But I pray he wasn't. The decision to search Milton landfill is sound. I think it could be the answer. But I hope I'm wrong.

I've read most of the threads about Corrie after the story brought me here. I remembered hearing about it near to the time it happened and never heard the outcome. Reading it all left me feeling mixed emotions. I am his age and that really bothered me.
Hoping for a positive outcome, it happens. An outcome of any sort would at least give him the justice or peace he deserves.

Watching the CCTV footage especially the second one I could easily imagine myself in any number of situations that would play out like that on camera, some good some bad. The first time I watched the second footage though my first and foremost thought was that when he sort of turns direction that he is meeting someone and he sees them and then walks/fast walks towards them with his hands in his pockets as I could picture myself doing if perhaps I was meeting someone I liked. I just think it's off how he has his hands in his pockets and sort of speeds up/jogs a bit to go into such an area if there isn't somebody there who he sees when he gets to where he turns. I would feel quite vulnerable with my hands in my pockets going into such an area is all I mean.
Just a perspective from someone his age.

Something else I forgot to write. I went back for ages reading over it again because after I'd gone away I thought about it and thought well if they stopped the landfill operating in the early stages of the investigation then surely there couldn't be that much added in the time between, but obviously thanks to this most recent thread I know that's not the case. It still weighed on my mind though and I just think it there is a site that has been told to stop operating since October then it's unbelievable that it's only just now being prepared to be searched. It seems to have been a line of enquiry since the very beginning and who knows his family could have had peace months ago. I guess we'll find out depending on the outcome over the next few weeks.

I've been watching youtube vids of waste transfer stations :facepalm: to try to understand what happens to general waste transfer from bin lorries to articulated lorries to landfill, and they are informative.

I can see a body may be missed during all this, quite possible if wrapped in bin bags or something.
I still cannot grasp why C would end up in a bin from the Horseshoe. If he was put in a bin it surely must be elsewhere? If there was an altercation that ended in his demise the perps would leave him where that happened wouldn't they? Or take him to some of the almost endless country or water areas nearby?

Why would he be put into a bin, it's something I can't get my head round?

eta - just to add I would think that LE have witness statements by now. I doubt (OMOO) this search has come about just after watching CCTV.

I've worked in a recycling / sorting plant , I.e. sorting plastic from paper cardboard etc , 99% sure i would have noticed a body , the team spent a lot of time looking for valuables as that was a serious perk.

That doesn't account for the waste not going into the plant and directly into landfill.

Something else I forgot to write. I went back for ages reading over it again because after I'd gone away I thought about it and thought well if they stopped the landfill operating in the early stages of the investigation then surely there couldn't be that much added in the time between, but obviously thanks to this most recent thread I know that's not the case. It still weighed on my mind though and I just think it there is a site that has been told to stop operating since October then it's unbelievable that it's only just now being prepared to be searched. It seems to have been a line of enquiry since the very beginning and who knows his family could have had peace months ago. I guess we'll find out depending on the outcome over the next few weeks.

Maybe they hoped to be wrong and he would just turn up?

I haven't been able to get the bins out of my mind since this all began. I know the area and the first thing I noticed when I went to have a look around the HS afterwards was that Corrie was walking straight towards the bins. The idea that he got in one of them to keep warm and snooze till he was sober enough to drive back to base has stayed with me. And then the bin was emptied. Whatever the facts we know, what has been reported over the months, what was said to have been checked (weight,etc) and so on, I still think that Corrie was in a bin. But I pray he wasn't. The decision to search Milton landfill is sound. I think it could be the answer. But I hope I'm wrong.

Why would he chose to sleep in a dirty bin, when he had a clean nice car parked just a couple blocks away?! Corrie wasn't a beggar.

Why would he chose to sleep in a dirty bin, when he had a clean nice car parked just a couple blocks away?! Corrie wasn't a beggar.

I could ask the same question about my fathers friend.
He had a home not far away and still chose to sleep in a bin, the outcome was tragic.
Sometimes their is no reasoning behind our actions however strange they may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if I remember correctly, as it was discussed several threads ago, he could be technically drunk in charge of a vehicle if he fell asleep in his car drunk, and I think someone mentioned the penalty from the forces was quite severe.

Maybe you should have asked why did he put his phone into a clean paper bin and then climb into a dirty bin. We have been told the recycling process would have found a body and/or the bones.

That only works if he left in a bin lorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne