UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a special Constable. They have the same powers as a police officer, except they are unpaid.

Correct, but I believe they can only arrest people in the area covered by their own force. An ordinary constable can arrest a person anywhere in the UK.

Could the guy that was arrested, who worked for Biffa, have given the police the wrong data for the weight of the lorry? Just a thought.

I wonder if his 'perverting the course of justice' - ie lying - will make a difference in this investigation? Since he appears to deal with drivers and routes etc like everyone else I'm trying to think of what lie he has told and frankly I'm not able to think of anything minor.

I wonder if we will see someone else brought in for questioning now.

I wonder if his 'perverting the course of justice' - ie lying - will make a difference in this investigation? Since he appears to deal with drivers and routes etc like everyone else I'm trying to think of what lie he has told and frankly I'm not able to think of anything minor.

I think at least one more arrest is likely and I'm thinking this man is the weakest link in the chain. I'm still trying to work out why the Milton landfill was put on hold 1-2 weeks in and yet an arrest only happened 6 months later. It seems like SP suspected something straight away?

I would guess that he assisted a mate and ensured that Biffa provided the wrong lorry for forensic examination. But then, whichever lorry it was on the morning concerned its licence plate should have been picked up on CCTV somewhere in BSE city centre. Maybe the plates were also swapped temporarily to support this.

Whatever happened, it does seem that a coverup or orrganised fraud cannot be ruled out for the present.

And if Corrie does turn out to have been in one or other of the bins - I hold my hand up and admit to being wrong. I didn't realistically think that was likely.

I would guess that he assisted a mate and ensured that Biffa provided the wrong lorry for forensic examination. But then, whichever lorry it was on the morning concerned its licence plate should have been picked up on CCTV somewhere in BSE city centre. Maybe the plates were also swapped temporarily to support this.

Whatever happened, it does seem that a coverup or orrganised fraud cannot be ruled out for the present.

And if Corrie does turn out to have been in one or other of the bins - I hold my hand up and admit to being wrong. I didn't realistically think that was likely.

Hello,
this is exactly what I was just going to post.

I've said all along that he MUST have been in the cab of the bin lorry for the phone signal to be able to ping the mast/s.

But the Police found no forensic evidence of Corrie being in the truck.

This guy was arrested for perverting the cource of justice, which usually means providing false evidence.

That would imply that one possibility, or perhaps liklihood is indeed that the Police were given the wrong truck to test, and this is why there was no forensic evidence.

It would also imply the bin truck driver will be the next to be arrested - whether it's the wrong truck, wrong weights, or anything else - otherwise why would he provide false details.

I think it's becoming closer to being solved.

"The waste lorry made a collection shortly after and its route appeared to coincide with the movements of Corrie’s phone — but forensics found no trace of him in the vehicle."
Does this suggest the lorry did not in fact take this route and Corries phone could not therefore have been in the bin lorry ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29979...g-suspect-haydn-stephens-biffa-part-time-cop/

I think this suggest they searched the wrong lorry, possibly directed to do so by someone that didn't want the lorry being searched.....

I think at least one more arrest is likely and I'm thinking this man is the weakest link in the chain. I'm still trying to work out why the Milton landfill was put on hold 1-2 weeks in and yet an arrest only happened 6 months later. It seems like SP suspected something straight away?
Suspected and no proof, if the bin lorry turned out clean forensics, and if they covered something up, which may have taken SP, some time to unravel it all. I too feel this guy is the weakest link and perhaps the story he was told, wasn't the truth, and he was helping out, without knowing the real reason, assuming there is one. Nicola had been emphasising the bin lorry in interviews a lot, and I picked up on it back on the last thread. I think her and Martin know what's likely to have happened. JMO

this fib could be to cover up for fuel theft, i.e. the lorry is supposed to do this route costing £x, when in fact it short cuts direct to landfill and saves x and then pocket the difference, a simple but clever scam to make a few pounds a journey , times 10 journeys a day times across x number of trucks , times x days of the year...., worth covering up for I should think...

To me it shows the folly of forensics - not saying they're a bad thing per se, but you'll all have seen the recent stories in the news in the UK of officers resigning because they are too stretched to do their jobs properly.

So, the Police officers at the coal face, some of whom (detectives) are trying to investigate 20 crimes simultaneously rely heavily upon it, and the simplistic approach is: DNA present = guilty, DNA not present = innocent...... But if you're testing the wrong truck say - you clearly can be led down the wrong garden path.

LCN DNA should be confined to the rubbish heap (ironically) of history - see this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7154189.stm

Is there a link confirming 1-2 weeks in that landfill was put on hold. I can't recall that specific info. 8,000 tons is a lot to have to remove for just one weeks worth.

Hello,
this is exactly what I was just going to post.

I've said all along that he MUST have been in the cab of the bin lorry for the phone signal to be able to ping the mast/s.

But the Police found no forensic evidence of Corrie being in the truck.

This guy was arrested for perverting the cource of justice, which usually means providing false evidence.

That would imply that one possibility, or perhaps liklihood is indeed that the Police were given the wrong truck to test, and this is why there was no forensic evidence.

It would also imply the bin truck driver will be the next to be arrested - whether it's the wrong truck, wrong weights, or anything else - otherwise why would he provide false details.

I think it's becoming closer to being solved.
I don't believe police would fall for that old chestnut. They will have the reg number from cameras, because cctv is so good . They will have PNC to check chassis numbers. I don't think they would be fooled by that. This is what the police do every day. If they have failed at basic vehicle id (e.g. cctv/anpr is not good enough to catch number plates) then I would want to know how they can trace vehicles so quickly for parking and speeding fines but not for serious stuff like this.

I think this suggest they searched the wrong lorry, possibly directed to do so by someone that didn't want the lorry being searched.....
So you think SP asked Biffa " which is the lorry that did such n such run?" and took Biffa's word for it without checking reg and chassis numbers". I just can't see that happening IMO.

this fib could be to cover up for fuel theft, i.e. the lorry is supposed to do this route costing £x, when in fact it short cuts direct to landfill and saves x and then pocket the difference, a simple but clever scam to make a few pounds a journey , times 10 journeys a day times across x number of trucks , times x days of the year...., worth covering up for I should think...
I could see that happening but wouldn't tacographs prevent that?

I don't believe police would fall for that old chestnut. They will have the reg number from cameras, because cctv is so good . They will have PNC to check chassis numbers. I don't think they would be fooled by that. This is what the police do every day. If they have failed at basic vehicle id (e.g. cctv/anpr is not good enough to catch number plates) then I would want to know how they can trace vehicles so quickly for parking and speeding fines but not for serious stuff like this.

Nor would you think they could search a loft 5 times and miss the body of Tia Sharpe who was there all along - but they still did

I can't get my head around the police checking the wrong lorry and swopping number plates. If that happened the perpetrator/s would be charged? As you say they will have the number plates and chassis numbers. Surely it hasn't taken them 6 months, if that did happen? More so in such a serious case as a MP. I can get my head around bailed to appear in April for not checking the bin weight, covering up a bin weight and a cover up as to where the load was dumped and amnesia about where other bins were being dumped. And the taco graph as someone said, if it was an older lorry, and there was a cover up there. JMO.

So you think SP asked Biffa " which is the lorry that did such n such run?" and took Biffa's word for it without checking reg and chassis numbers". I just can't see that happening IMO.

I suspect they checked the number plates and since they didn't think there would be multiple people involved in the cover up they didn't check vin numbers / chassi numbers - or the CCTV didn't catch the number plate - haveyou seen some of the mugshots of people - no definition of even a face at close quarters, never mind tiny numbers on a plate at a distance

"The waste lorry made a collection shortly after and its route appeared to coincide with the movements of Corrie’s phone — but forensics found no trace of him in the vehicle."
Does this suggest the lorry did not in fact take this route and Corries phone could not therefore have been in the bin lorry ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/299798...part-time-cop/

i think it is saying that the bin lorry did not take that route, therefore the phone was in a different vehicle because the bin lorry wasn't there.. thus wasting police time looking in the bin/lorry/landfill

Is there a link confirming 1-2 weeks in that landfill was put on hold. I can't recall that specific info. 8,000 tons is a lot to have to remove for just one weeks worth.
There is somewhere. Whether it was Nicola in an interview or SP, but there was, definately, after they announced the landfill search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129