UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think of is that the bin lorry driver did get an excessively heavy load from that bin in the horseshoe, told the dispatcher he was concerned in case it was a person, and the dispatcher said something like, "no, I'm going off duty soon, if there was someone in there they're no longer alive so it won't affect anything if we just change the numbers and keep quiet". Or maybe that didn't happen but the police wanted the dispatcher in for questioning to see if that could have happened and see if they could break him? If that weight for the load isn't wrong, then how could Corrie have been in that load and end up at Milton? So they might just by trying to see if it really could have been that load and not one of the loads from after the weekend? The Saturday pickup would suggest Corrie jumping into the bin of his own accord, whereas the Monday pickups would suggest foul play for Corrie to remain in a bin for the whole weekend, and the police probably want to know which it is they're looking at. It could also affect which area of the landfill they need to look in.

I would find it odd if the bin lorry's number plate wasn't caught on CCTV that morning and written down by the forensics team, and then the two numbers cross checked by whoever checked the forensics report.

I do find the lorry driver thing strange with the Sun report being retracted for being the wrong man. It seemed like they were trying to send a message that there was something odd going on there. They've been sloppy in some of the other reporting about the case, though, for instance apparently copying Midsummer's timeline with the 20 minute paperwork, and some of the maps in the newspapers make no sense as they show the bin lorry going straight to Milton from the BM roundabout when we've been told the bin lorry went on to Sainsbury's at Mildenhall.

Do we know if Nicola ever got to see the CCTV footage of Corrie sleeping in the shop doorway?

All I can think of is that the bin lorry driver did get an excessively heavy load from that bin in the horseshoe, told the dispatcher he was concerned in case it was a person, and the dispatcher said something like, "no, I'm going off duty soon, if there was someone in there they're no longer alive so it won't affect anything if we just change the numbers and keep quiet". Or maybe that didn't happen but the police wanted the dispatcher in for questioning to see if that could have happened and see if they could break him? If that weight for the load isn't wrong, then how could Corrie have been in that load and end up at Milton? So they might just by trying to see if it really could have been that load and not one of the loads from after the weekend? The Saturday pickup would suggest Corrie jumping into the bin of his own accord, whereas the Monday pickups would suggest foul play for Corrie to remain in a bin for the whole weekend, and the police probably want to know which it is they're looking at. It could also affect which area of the landfill they need to look in.

I would find it odd if the bin lorry's number plate wasn't caught on CCTV that morning and written down by the forensics team, and then the two numbers cross checked by whoever checked the forensics report.

I do find the lorry driver thing strange with the Sun report being retracted for being the wrong man. It seemed like they were trying to send a message that there was something odd going on there. They've been sloppy in some of the other reporting about the case, though, for instance apparently copying Midsummer's timeline with the 20 minute paperwork, and some of the maps in the newspapers make no sense as they show the bin lorry going straight to Milton from the BM roundabout when we've been told the bin lorry went on to Sainsbury's at Mildenhall.
Good points! You always put it so well.

If that's correct, and they are used correctly there should be no confusion over drivers? They cannot be fooled as easily as the paper ones, but data can be 'altered' ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The driver was interviewed and even saw the teens so how can SP have the wrong driver or the wrong lorry or the wrong route especially with all the cameras. This is getting farcical IMO.

It still hasn't been confirmed where the bin lorry went after Mildenhall has it? Surely it would take more than this one man telling porkies (I would say a minimum of 3) if it went from there straight to Milton?

I also can't see how SP could not detect all this much earlier. Could the other car in the HS have a direct connection (with this man and/or Biffa) that SP have only recently found out about?

It is all really confusing for sure....

Does anyone read anything into this quote from NU from the above link"

Most importantly his family and friends have no responsibility or accountability for any of his actions or inactions.

Does it possibly suggest the guy knew something all along and was protecting someone by saying nothing?

I'm interested in what would lead a special constable who I believe had been praised for his work to do something that he must have known was perverting the course of justice. It doesn't sound like the police think he made some kind of honest mistake.

My possible theories would be:-

he's covering his own tracks - but what why would an office based employee be involved?

he's covering for someone else - but why would you run the risk of implicating yourself for a co-worker

he's being blackmailed into a coverup - a bit far fetched

he's covering for a close family member who also works for Biffa and was involved in something that happened - this seems the most plausible

Any other suggestions?

I'm interested in what would lead a special constable who I believe had been praised for his work to do something that he must have known was perverting the course of justice. It doesn't sound like the police think he made some kind of honest mistake.

he's covering his own tracks - but what why would an office based employee be involved?

he's covering for someone else - but why would you run the risk of implicating yourself for a co-worker

he's covering for a close family member who also works for Biffa and was involved in something that happened - this seems the most plausible

Any other suggestions?
Being blackmailed isn't so far fetched if a superior has told him he will lose his job if he didn't comply.

Agree, to keep his job.

He may not be the pŕimary target in the investigation, but rather the weakest link in a coverup, the one most likely to spill to SP under pressure.

All just speculation.

I hate to say this but bin mishap was the only thing that made sense in an occams razor way. It was the bin weight that seemed to make the simplest answer unworkable. It must be something to do with manipulating that data somehow if this is the answer. How awful if Corrie has been in a rubbish dump for 6 months 😢

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Any other suggestions?
Maybe someone threatened him or his family and he was petrified something would happen to his girlfriend. That would be a good reason to lie/keep your mouth shut.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Just read an article in Daily Mirror about a guy found dead in a wheelie bin in Gateshead. They have someone in custody for it so it does happen and he was found in the bin. I'm sorry I can't post links but it was dated yesterday online if someone could link it.

One thing I don't understand is how we are back to the recycling bin when the Monday general waste bins from SB were the suspect bins linked to landfill. Also the Greggs bin came up negative on forensics so I am just not following it I'm afraid.

Just read an article in Daily Mirror about a guy found dead in a wheelie bin in Gateshead. They have someone in custody for it so it does happen and he was found in the bin. I'm sorry I can't post links but it was dated yesterday online if someone could link it.

One thing I don't understand is how we are back to the recycling bin when the Monday general waste bins from SB were the suspect bins linked to landfill. Also the Greggs bin came up negative on forensics so I am just not following it I'm afraid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-39150562

Here you go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair we don't know he was intact in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw