UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how but I am convinced C was in the bin and now it is a question of recovering the body

As I have said since day 1, It is NOT unusual for a individual to find refuge in a large bin after a night out.

I have always said as well since day 1 that the weight seemed very low for such a large bin behind many shops.

The fact his phone went the same way and he wasnt seen leaving I also said he was in the bin lorry.

This is very sad, but when they find C they will probably come to the conclusion of misadventure.

I am flabbergasted it has taken this long to get this information, and also that everyone was a suspect at some point. It is literally ridiculous.

Police are saying they didn't search the landfill to start as there wasn't enough evidence or they just didn't believe it. WHAT! How wrong is that when his phone went that way and he was not seen leaving HS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the start I have believed he was knocked off the road walking back to camp or in the bin - I was talking to my husband, a soldier of 15 years, explained a few key details and he immediately said 'he's in the bin'. I hope they find him soon.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I don't know how but I am convinced C was in the bin and now it is a question of recovering the body
Well with this "new" info I don't think there will be many who disagree. But it is not the end of the investigation, that's for sure.
Eta. Personally I will reserve my judgement till they have recovered his body and have undertaken a post mortem. There are just too many twists and turns in this case.

Without getting too graphic, what would happen to a body in the back of a Biffa truck? I watched our domestic bin lorry yesterday and it was churning as it went, but does it just jumble everything round like a tumble drier, or are there blades / compressors inside that would kill someone?

I guess I'm asking what element of being in the back of a lorry would kill a person? I imagine there'd be an unmistakable amount of blood and tissue everywhere, but maybe he would die by blunt trauma?

Answering my own question - Biffa lorries have compactors. Assuming the crushing mechanism was in operation there should have been blood in that lorry. So, was Corrie already dead when he got in there? Or did the lorry just tip the uncrushed load into the next process?

A homeless man has had a miracle escape after being scooped into a dustbin lorry and compacted with the rubbish.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/homeless-man-miraculously-survives-being-6154839

A man was found at a Biffa site in Avonmouth, Bristol, after blood was seen seeping through a bale of cardboard.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrified-worker-tells-inquest-horror-6167531

Absolutely horrific. Poor Corrie and poor family. It beggars belief to me that it has taken this long for this to come out and why? I'm now convinced it must have been a cover up otherwise why would the new weight suddenly turn up? Someone has confessed? Perhaps, as others on here thought early on, the bin lorry ran him over as he sat down in the horseshoe and he was placed in the lorry in a panic...I'm just so sorry 🙁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Going back to the Great Ouse body find, it was initially reported on my local radio station (King's Lynn FM) that the male was far older than Corrie (don't remember the actual age given, something like 30-40, but do remember it immediately discounted Corrie).

As to people climbing into bins, there was a foreign student who did so overnight to stay warm here in the UK not that many years ago, killed by the bin lorry.

Does anyone now think he wasn't in the bin?

Such frustrating news.

Absolutely horrific. Poor Corrie and poor family. It beggars belief to me that it has taken this long for this to come out and why? I'm now convinced it must have been a cover up otherwise why would the new weight suddenly turn up? Someone has confessed? Perhaps, as others on here thought early on, the bin lorry ran him over as he sat down in the horseshoe and he was placed in the lorry in a panic...I'm just so sorry 🙁

And I also wonder if the police really did suspect this anyway and that's why the hold was put on the landfill so early on.

I wonder is it possible to miss the chopping part of the bin lorry if you're right in the back. That way you only die from the compression. Depending on what materials are surrounding you such as 50 odd kilos of recycling it might be possible to be compressed without leaving any blood or mess behind.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

BBC report

Mr Mckeague's mother, Nicola Urquhart, reacted to the news on Facebook, saying: "This can really, devastatingly, only mean one thing. I can only pray that Corrie is found quickly and that we are able to get answers as to how this could have happened. It's incredibly difficult, we're taking it one day at a time, just waiting for the phone to ring. My whole focus has been on trying to get this avenue investigated."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39200319

I just cannot believe the police simply took someone's word for it regards the lorry weight. I never, for one second believed that weight was the truth. I'm absolutely devastatingly gobsmacked 😶

Does anyone still think there could have been third party involvement?

Absolutely devastating, now I suppose the question is how did he get there , but also it may be time to re asses how these bins are stored or collected. That said many things seem to be in play , an inexperienced collection worker , not used to normal bin weights , and why did the load go straight to the landfill . Biffa imo have some explaining to do .RIP Corrie McKeague and deepest condolences to his tortured family........ so very sad

I like most feel sick to the stomach and shed a tear at this latest news.
But how does this all tie up to the phone pings ?
I also have this dreaded feeling that the poor kid might of tried to use his phone to call for help !!! Was the story of the phone been used later ever comfirned ??
Either way his family may never know the truth ... my heart goes out to them

Haven't been here for a while.

Not really a surprise that it 99.9% now appears he was a victim of sleeping in the bin.

Was always the most plausible theory even when the details about the weight and forensics apparently ruled it out.

Not a nice way to go. Rest In Peace Corrie.

In the coming days the case will be closed.

And no - I don't believe he was murdered. He slept in the bin. It was an accident IMO.

So how exactly have SP "checked" this new weight of exactly 100kg? And if the customer only pays per collection not per kg why are they even weighed and recorded? Why did SP put the LF on hold? And when? And when did they find out about this new weight? I don't believe this new weight and I smell BS too. I suspect it is someone trying to claim the reward by faking the "new" record just in case C is in LF via other bins or other means. If he was in that bin why no positive traces? I would not trust anything from these people now.

I don't have a clue really; but I assume that it would be useful to know bin weights to ensure the bin lorry was not overloaded, or for fuel consumption or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz