UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other person that was taken in for questioning, was it the driver?

They haven't said yet who was "questioned under caution" (what does this mean, arrested or just chatted to?) but I think it's a safe bet it was probably the bin man. I imagine he is devastated.

I'm still not totally convinced Corrie was alive when the bin got collected. Perhaps he was injured, perhaps he was so soundly asleep he didn't hear or feel the bin moving. Did he have chance to? How far did the bin have to be dragged?

They haven't said yet who was "questioned under caution" (what does this mean, arrested or just chatted to?) but I think it's a safe bet it was probably the bin man. I imagine he is devastated.

I'm still not totally convinced Corrie was alive when the bin got collected. Perhaps he was injured, perhaps he was so soundly asleep he didn't hear or feel the bin moving. Did he have chance to? How far did the bin have to be dragged?

You caution someone before the chat by saying this could be used against you in court, if you go to court. Its not quite an arrest but means there is a slight suspicion.

If the recycling did not go through the correct procedure, would there be grounds for corporate manslaughter?

IMO there could be because the waste company would have a licence based on certain safeguards and procedures. If those have not been followed then there should be an investigation.

Regardless of how Corrie ended up in a bin, the fact remains that the bin company may well be held accountable for his death. By not adhering to the correct process for sorting the waste, they are likely to be breaching the terms of the operational license granted to them.
Aside from the fact that the weight was recorded/reported incorrectly, there is the matter of where the waste was disposed of and the apparent "bypassing" of the correct sorting processes.
I for one will be looking further into the legalities and breaches involved, as I'm sure the family/family legal team will do most thoroughly.

There was a post several pages back now that seemed a little confused about what is where, e.g. the incinerator. So I have created a little map with the relevant points marked and who owns/operates them. I have also found out (finally) that Biffa (and others as noticed in SB loading bay area) take their waste to FCC WTS, as do the council. This is all descriptions of waste, i.e. household general waste, recycling, food etc.
attachment.php

Attachments

• MapLandfillWTSincinerator.png
    MapLandfillWTSincinerator.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 240
Regardless of how Corrie ended up in a bin, the fact remains that the bin company may well be held liable for his death. By not adhering to the correct process for sorting the waste, they are breaching the terms of the operational business license granted to them.
Aside from the fact that the weight was recorded/reported incorrectly, there is the matter of where the waste was disposed of and the seeming "bypassing" of the correct sorting processes.
I for one will be looking further into the legalities and breaches involved, as I'm sure the family/family legal team will do.

I can safely say that there are breaches nationwide with councils and private companies involved in waste. Its not a surprise to me one bit after what I see on a daily basis.

I don't know but guess SP asked both to come in voluntarily for questioning. Other person agreed but HS didn't so had to be formally arrested? Seems like the questioning under caution is the same thing for both once at the station.

I'm actually furious this morning, if that poor boy was in a recycling bin and that bin went straight to a landfill why the hell am I an everyone else in this area recycling on a daily basis! It obviously doesn't matter and the fact we have to pay for extra recycling and rubbish bags but it's all going to the same place now is it?! There needs to of be some serious checks in this area if it is the case! What makes it worse is poor poor Corrie, his mother won't be able to see and say good bye to her baby not after six months, if he had been found through sorting at least she could have had all of her child to bury, terribly he might not ever be found whole now or ever even discovered if it was foul play or not. I'm disgusted honestly
Very well said !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Recycling on the whole in the UK is a scam.

Anyway, was there more than one private intel company involved or just one helping?

There was a post several pages back now that seemed a little confused about what is where, e.g. the incinerator. So I have created a little map with the relevant points marked and who owns/operates them. I have also found out (finally) that Biffa (and others as noticed in SB loading bay area) take their waste to FCC WTS, as do the council. This is all descriptions of waste, i.e. household general waste, recycling, food etc.
attachment.php

Thanks for putting together the map, it's good to see where the sites and incinerator are.
I wasn't confused about them, just had never familiarised myself with where each were. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the Biffa employee was named in the MSM so the CJ business changed nothing there. Thus it also passed the WS filter.
They didn't arrest the dispatcher and charge him with murder, only perverting the cause of justice... Which could be down to negligence on his behalf or a false assumption that he was doing the company a favour by falsifying documents or some such, that's if that's what happened, I'm only guessing here.

To name him in the MSM if they thought he might be directly connected, would be as you say like what happened with the Jo Yates case and Christopher Jefferies, and I don't believe he is connected directly IMHO.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

They didn't arrest the dispatcher and charge him with murder, only perverting the cause of justice... Which could be down to negligence on his behalf or a false assumption that he was doing the company a favour by falsifying documents or some such, that's if that's what happened, I'm only guessing here.

To name him in the MSM if they thought he might be directly connected, would be as you say like what happened with the Jo Yates case and Christopher Jefferies, and I don't believe he is connected directly IMHO.

Doesn't matter what they brought him in for. He should not have been named by the media unless and until he was charged with a criminal offence. And clearly that won't happen. But he has still had his name, photograph and personal details plastered all over the gutter press.

Doing a bit more digging - Biffa evidently use the Enviroweigh system
http://vwsltd.co.uk/bin-weighing-fitted-as-standard-for-biffa-commercial/

A description of the rear-end loading system is here:
http://vwsltd.co.uk/product/rear-end-loader-rel/
Well worth watching the video for a quick visualization of how it works and what the driver sees in the CAB.

It looks like the data Biffa will get out of the system will be the ID of the bin (from the rfid tag), the weight to the nearest kilo, and presumably a timestamp. Given that Biffas only interest is the overall weight of the vehicle for compliance reasons, and the individual weight of those bins charged by weight for invoicing purposes, it's very possible that the weight data for the Greggs bin was discarded on import into Biffas systems. In which case they'd need to go back to the raw data (in whatever form) which may explain the error. Perhaps the second person interviewed was a techie asked to do exactly that?

Another possibility was that the actual bin was replaced in the intervening time. HS may have looked up the bin currently assigned to Greggs cardboard for the date of Corries disappearance, and may have got the wrong bin and van. Which would explain why the forensic check of the van and bin revealed nothing.

So you have to ask why they didn't say right at the beginning "We don't charge by weight so we might not actually have accurate weight information"

ITA, Biffa have so many questions to answer here, totally not their fault that C was in a bin (if he was) but pretty much everything else, people being hounded on SM, anguish for the family, £££££ of public money on a wild goosechase is down to them. You have perfectly summed it up in a few words.

JMO

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Does being a but rubbish as your job qualify as PTCOJ? I think there's have to be some intent to mislead at the very least.

For your link

"Det Supt Katie Elliott told the BBC: "I have a strong belief that we will find him here."

Asked for her reaction to the delay in the correct information about the weight of the lorry's load coming to light, she replied: "It's frustrating for me, I think it must be terribly frustrating for Corrie's family.""

Is she kidding, she thinks it must be frustrating ?!?!

Where has she been since September? SP's media trainer might need to have a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61