UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make sense so maybe they are trying to tell us something. It's puzzled me from the start that there was an almost immediate assumption that Corrie had left in a vehicle, this only makes sense if there is information that hasn't been made public yet as it is, as you say, nonsense to say that you can be sure he didn't leave on foot yet appear to have no sight of a vehicle other than the bin lorry which you categorically state he wasn't on or in :confused:

they seem to have been giving pointers without saying this is what happened

Yeah but here's the latest update from Tony in case someone hasn't seen it (mods, hope ok to post this as it's from one of the page admins)

I bolded the bit I'm confused about. If the camera panned away long enough to miss a vehicle, it could also have missed a person. Am I being thick?! Or are they indirectly saying he must have left on the bin lorry?

This has always confused me but maybe their line of thought is that a car would move faster and could have sped past any CCTV. Then again, Corrie could have been running.

@suzy As a hypothetical....

A car comes in to BSE from the roundabout on Northgate Street, turns right onto Cadney Lane, left onto Cannon Street and straight over up Short Brackland. The only camera it would have to evade (as far as I see on Google Streetview) is the one that catches the last sighting of Corrie (above Greenwoods) Car leaves by Short Brackland then Orchard Street then back onto Cannon Street (or simply down Cannon Street the wrong way) This camera may have a 3 minute window where it could also be moot so no cameras at all.

Back to the roundabout on Northgate Street and by this point, even if the car is caught on CCTV, it would be very difficult to trace and/or link it back to being behind Greggs.

@CMC

I think that line tells us that if Corrie had continued on foot it would have been likely he would walk in pedestrian areas with CCTV and/or be seen by other people. If bundled into a boot of a car or back of a van nobody would know.

Just trying to make sense where there is none...

QUICK POLL

Corrie was intentionally abducted by an "ordinary" member of the public for reasons unknown

I'll say likely.
REASONS:
Possible affair with a married couple from the local area (possibly US airbase?).
Possible Gndr/Tinder hookup that went wrong.

QUICK POLL

Corrie was intentionally abducted by a terrorist group for political / security / military reasons.

I'll say unlikely.

REASONS:
Two alleged attempts and have been scared off.
Would take either a lucky strike or a HELL of a lot of planning to get away with it forensically in a town centre with CCTV.

I'm going to ask a really dumb question now, but it bothers me a bit. I don't really understand how how the phone ping thing works (or maybe I do). But how have we ended up with a specific area at the bins, and a massive wide pinging area at the other end? I thought the triangulation was quite vague and could his phone have actually last been pinged on a nearby side street where cars could easily be accessed? I get it travelled along a similar route at a similar time to the bin lorry, but it is not an exact science- how inaccurate/accurate is it?

I'm of the understanding that the last known phone signal was in Be at 0308. The last known CCTV footage of Corrie (or so we're led to believe and which I doubt) is by the bin area at 0324. The phone signal is then tracked using automatic app updates onroute towards the mini mast at Barton Mills area. I'm assuming using time/speed/distance equations against the auto app phone updates gave them the vector and eventual location in Barton Mills where at 0800 it stopped receiving updates due to a dead battery or lack of power source?

I think anyone that walks purposefully with kebab in hand (whether intoxicated or not) towards the Market Square are where vehicles and taxis make collections and drop offs is clearly onroute to that said area IMHO. The 0324 CCTV images suggest he's waiting for someone either to meet in a car or to meet on foot. How about he eventual meets up with his work colleagues and they upend him into the paper bin for a laugh, Corrie losing his phone in the process?

...and here's another curve ball. How many times have we heard stories of cars with five seats carrying six people? How many stories have we heard of vans who have carried people in the back sitting on sacks and tools? Perhaps the boisterous workmates who rejected him in the nightclub for being TOO boisterous even for them, decided to bundle him into the boot of their car as there was more passengers than seats? When they get back to the base in high spirits, he's left in the boot to think about his actions and cool off whilst the others slope off to bed or on leave with friends. That's a long weekend on a parade square in the boot of a car without water.

I think anyone that walks purposefully with kebab in hand (whether intoxicated or not) towards the Market Square are where vehicles and taxis make collections and drop offs is clearly onroute to that said area IMHO. The 0324 CCTV images suggest he's waiting for someone either to meet in a car or to meet on foot. How about he eventual meets up with his work colleagues and they upend him into the paper bin for a laugh, Corrie losing his phone in the process?

...and here's another curve ball. How many times have we heard stories of cars with five seats carrying six people? How many stories have we heard of vans who have carried people in the back sitting on sacks and tools? Perhaps the boisterous workmates who rejected him in the nightclub for being TOO boisterous even for them, decided to bundle him into the boot of their car as there was more passengers than seats? When they get back to the base in high spirits, he's left in the boot to think about his actions and cool off whilst the others slope off to bed or on leave with friends. That's a long weekend on a parade square in the boot of a car without water.

Wow! That's a whole load of assumptions and accusations thrown in the direction of his work mates. If someone isn't named as a POI you can't really go round throwing those accusations here on Websleuths.

Wow well this has took a strange turn! So much to read through still so off I go back a few pages.

Wow! That's a whole load of assumptions and accusations thrown in the direction of his work mates. If someone isn't named as a POI you can't really go round throwing those accusations here on Websleuths.

Sincerely, what have I done wrong? My apology is pending if required.

The whole thing is such a mess and what a shame that Suffolk police seem so incompetent and potentially missed some opportunities. I feel so sorry for the family and don't know how they contain their anger.

"Rumour has it across BSE that Corrie was mugged (both wallet and phone) by a group of 3 young people (2 boys and a girl) between 3:08am and 3:25am. The family have said that nothing can be seen on the CCTV to confirm this so it is most likely a rumour"

I dunno

Funny you should say this as in the beginning someone asked why no footage of him asleep in the door way was released and the reply was because it's too distressing. Hmmmm

Funny you should say this as in the beginning someone asked why no footage of him asleep in the door way was released and the reply was because it's too distressing. Hmmmm

What would be "distressing" in that situation? He'd pissed himself very visibly? Vomited down his shirt? That's often par for the course with drunks.

Or was he masturbating or flashing at passing women?

The whole thing is such a mess and what a shame that Suffolk police seem so incompetent and potentially missed some opportunities. I feel so sorry for the family and don't know how they contain their anger.

I agree it is a mess now. Problem is that it was a missing person inquiry to start. Not anything more or anything less, so I guess the police just did what they do with all missing people to start.

Its the family that have done most the other parts as they are absolutely desperate being words to find their boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick note that the family statement from the Thunderclap page is now on the official website. The formatting is a bit easier to read on there, so just mentioning in case anyone hasn't had a proper look at it yet!

Also on the official website:

"3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at."

So the phone ping in Barton Mills is sometime after 3.24 and on/before 4.30.

Could it be possible that the bin lorry got to BM closer to 4am, and the bin lorry driver saw the teens on his way back (home? end of night shift?) at 4.20?

Just a quick note that the family statement from the Thunderclap page is now on the official website. The formatting is a bit easier to read on there, so just mentioning in case anyone hasn't had a proper look at it yet!

We need to note the parts that they have put in bold and underlined....

We need to note the parts that they have put in bold and underlined....

This is interesting don't you think?...
"Bury to Barton Mills, within a few minutes of Corrie’s phone arriving. The police have since made the decision not to search the landfill and released this back.".

Release what back, the landfill....the PHONE?

I've also read that over & over again 'released this back' it's a strange phrase tbh, barely makes sense. Landfill I'd assume as the family have stated that the phone has still not been recovered to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!