UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick Google search shows he worked on the Jill Dando case!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Also listed on crime talks agency after dinner speakers... A high profile case like this will always attract bandwagon jumpers.

A quick Google search shows he worked on the Jill Dando case!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
The one where they got the wrong guy and still don't know who did it. I think he should keep his criticism till the search is complete.

Words that come to mind - pot, kettle, black.

Eta. There is a great article in the Sun about the Jill Dando case dated 8 Feb 2017 if someone can link it on here. And it is on WS as a cold case too.

[FONT=&quot] “It is always disappointing when a former investigating officer fails to realise the complexities of a case. He better than anyone should know that police have to work with facts, not rumours and speculation.”....Well said SP![/FONT]

"Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

"Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Yes, often used when someone doesn't have a good argument. Not sure what you're referring to here, though? I thought SP had a good argument against the criticism from the retired detective? It is tough to judge when you're not privy to all the information, and he's using his former position to support his judgment from the outside, which in a way is the argument from authority, which can also be used as a logical fallacy?

Up until now Martin has not openly stated what he thinks may have happened to C. He chooses his words and opinions very carefully in statements and interviews imo. And his use of the word sinister is a deliberate choice of word imo. I think he is objective and rational and is going on what SP tell him and has openly supported SP, to date, and as Ironside says, he may have info from SP.

Up until now Martin has not openly stated what he thinks may have happened to C. He chooses his words and opinions very carefully in statements and interviews imo. And his use of the word sinister is a deliberate choice of word imo. I think he is objective and rational and is going on what SP tell him and has openly supported SP, to date, and as Ironside says, he may have info from SP.

to put what Martin says alongside the sp statement that Thay were going to search the landfill before the bin weight discreprency amerged I'm enclined to think that sp have a lead that fowl play is involved in some way,
IMO they probably have a suspect but not the evidence to charge anyone at the moment, I suspect that if of when a body is found arrests would soon follow, IMO

I think most agree with his dad, it certainly is in bad taste. Everyone wants him to be found and for the family to grieve but there is something about one half of his family that I cant quite put my finger on.

It reminds me of something. Didn't the McCanns start talking about putting on a concert for Madeleine quite early on in the proceedings? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

so going back to before the bin weight error , the police have interest in the landfill and are making arrangements to search the landfill, at that stage he could not have been in the bin as it was only 11kg , so let's say the bins are discounted , were left with 4 vehicles, 2 of interest a bin lorry and a car both still under investigation , IMO he left in one of them two vehicles , IMO,

IMO the police either knew of the bin error or though it was a high possibility it would be found to be incorrect, hence the planned landfill search before the error was made public.

Or they believe that he was disposed of in the landfill via another means and not the bin lorry that night?

Thought this was interesting about Whatsapp. In light of the fact the London attacker is known to have sent a Whatsapp message two minutes before he drove into the pedestrians, the Home Secretary is meeting with technology firms to see what can be done about encrypted messaging

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39396578

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/missing-man-corrie-mckeagues-dad-10100720

He's got a point :-/

Things are starting to get ugly between MM and NU and it's bound to under the circumstances. I just hope they can work things out as the family need to stick together right now :(

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think Nicola is probably resigned to Corrie being found in the next few weeks, and she needs to do something with her mind to stop her going totally nuts...the concert gives her something to think about and in her mind is a way of giving back to those who gave up their time and effort for her/Corrie.

Due to the FB page, N is experiencing all of this in a very different way. She's got the pain, fear, confusion, that Martin has, but she's also got the contact with huge numbers of very supportive members of the public, and she really seems to appreciate that and maybe developed some kind of need for it, not in a bad way but again it's something to focus on without focusing away from Corrie. Maybe the concert is supposed to be a sort of celebration of Corrie's life, shared with the thousands of people who got to know him a bit through this tragedy and to care about him and his family, and maybe the timing will coincide with some kind of closure of an episode and then she can mourn and move on, but N's said she'll never forget what Sulsar and the other groups have done, because it's not about whether or not they found anything but about what they were willing to do to try anyway.

They're both in pain, they both love their son very much. I hope they can realise that at some point. The FB group helped get the word out every time the police needed assistance with finding things (people on cctv) and people keeping an eye out for things (lost key adverts and found phones on social media). But hopefully this landfill search is going to lead to a funeral, and I hope the whole family can come together for that.

[FONT=&amp]Martin said: “We have guys out there in all weathers raking through tonnes of rubbish every day searching for Corrie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“We haven’t found him. We don’t know what happened to him and there hasn’t even been a funeral. I’m not in any mood to be thinking about singing or dancing – the thought of it is sickening.”........this man has my utmost respect. Despite his own anguish he goes to great pains to continue expressing his support and concern for those searching for his son. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member