UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each person's mobile number is attached to each message sent by whatsapp. Unless the other party is using an unregistered burner phone, he or she should be identifable from their phone number.

Is that information available without the phone?

Can the police ask whatsapp to check the usage by a particular phone number?

I don't have any knowledge of the dating apps but I believe that snapchats are deleted after a set amount of time (24 hours?), I can't remember if we've discussed if C used snapchat. However I agree with whoever it was that said that if he was able to use his phone he's have likely have had some kind of activity that could easly be traced - texts/calls/SM posts so IMO for whatever reason he didn't use the phone because he couldn't. I still have no definite theory on why this was though
I agree that if he could have used the phone he would have or we would have seen him using it on cctv. Is it possible for a phone to still ping after its battery dies? I dont believe it does but still have to ask.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]"Although I am awaiting confirmation, I believe that we are now down to one final person to be identified - the elderly person wearing glasses in McDonald's is the last one for now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Yet again, Suffolk Police have had this information provided to them by the positive, helpful and caring community that have come together to help us, to help Suffolk Police, find Corrie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Do contact Suffolk Police with any information you have not provided to them already."....NU http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/inc...ssing-cctv-appeal-12802712?service=responsive Have SP confirmed this. Exit Man/Woman is still displayed on SP Gallery?[/FONT]

[FONT=&]"Although I am awaiting confirmation, I believe that we are now down to one final person to be identified - the elderly person wearing glasses in McDonald's is the last one for now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]"Yet again, Suffolk Police have had this information provided to them by the positive, helpful and caring community that have come together to help us, to help Suffolk Police, find Corrie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]"Do contact Suffolk Police with any information you have not provided to them already."....NU http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/inc...ssing-cctv-appeal-12802712?service=responsive Have SP confirmed this. Exit Man/Woman is still displayed on SP Gallery?[/FONT]

No, as she said, she is awaiting confirmation.

The person who told the police?

I thought about that but given that the person has either been totally obvlious to the fact that SP were looking for them or did know but didn't come forward for some reason I didn't think it was likely that they would have made contact with N or even been able to get in touch with her. She must get 100s of unsolicited messages every day.

Or, if they've been identified by a 3rd party the same applies

I wonder if we'll find out that the person hasn't actually been found

JMO

"Yet again, Suffolk Police have had this information provided to them by the positive, helpful and caring community that have come together to help us, to help Suffolk Police, find Corrie.".....so is N saying that it is her belief SP have the ID of No Exit man/woman but, as yet, have not publicly ruled this person out as a witness......but how would she know this?....ETA No Exit person pics are still in the gallery along with the 'old' man.

I thought about that but given that the person has either been totally obvlious to the fact that SP were looking for them or did know but didn't come forward for some reason I didn't think it was likely that they would have made contact with N or even been able to get in touch with her. She must get 100s of unsolicited messages every day.

Or, if they've been identified by a 3rd party the same applies

I wonder if we'll find out that the person hasn't actually been found

You have to remember that not everybody is glued to the internet 24/7. For a lot of people, it's not a big part of their life. Whoever has suggested a name may have only recently been shown the video.

The subject could be a foreign worker or student who doesn't read English media and didn't know they were being looked for.

It would be very easy to get a message to Nicola as they have open channels via social media with telephone numbers to ring, etc. and people to filter calls.

"Yet again, Suffolk Police have had this information provided to them by the positive, helpful and caring community that have come together to help us, to help Suffolk Police, find Corrie.".....so is N inferring that it is her belief SP have the ID of No Exit man/woman but, as yet, have not publicly ruled him out? But how would she know this?

Exactly what I was wondering?

If it is a foreigner, they may have returned overseas in the meantime so the police haven't had a chance to interview them yet.

I don't get what is so important about these witnesses now if all the evidence points to CM being picked up by a bin lorry.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Although the landfill search has been prioritised, that it not to say ALL the evidence points to him being there. Presumably the police still regard the remaining potential witnesses as people they need to ID

You have to remember that not everybody is glued to the internet 24/7. For a lot of people, it's not a big part of their life. Whoever has suggested a name may have only recently been shown the video.

The subject could be a foreign worker or student who doesn't read English media and didn't know they were being looked for.

It would be very easy to get a message to Nicola as they have open channels via social media with telephone numbers to ring, etc. and people to filter calls.

If it is a foreigner, they may have returned overseas in the meantime so the police haven't had a chance to interview them yet.

But for the person not to be identified every who knows or works with them would also have to not use the internet, watch TV or see local posters or all decide that they weren't going to answer the appeal from SP and then suddenly 6 months later someone contacts Nicola.

I can't come up with a likely theory

JMO

I don't get what is so important about these witnesses now if all the evidence points to CM being picked up by a bin lorry.

And, if they had no involvement with C's disappearence they aren't going to remember anything about that night IMO

On a side note the former head of the UK cyber defence has hit out at the government by saying that they are using the over-hyped terror threat as an excuse to spy on people.
I don't think they need an excuse - I think they're doing it anyway.

Is that information available without the phone?

Can the police ask whatsapp to check the usage by a particular phone number?

I don't know. I suspect that if the police had the phone and the app and conversation was still on it they could do whatever is necessary legally to have the relevant phone company identify the other phone number(s) involved - if they were registered numbers. A whatsapp group can contain as few as 2 people and can be set up and closed down on an ad hoc basis.

However without the phone itself I think the police would come up against the usual privacy issues vis a vis getting a phone number from whatsapp, even if whatsapp had that data.

That's a bit odd, who had told her that the person has been identified if not SP, is there a leak? Who else would know that?
It may well have gone to N's phone number or SM first. I don't think she should be announcing it though - it could be wrong. It's happened before where they took the cctv image down and then had to put it up again. She should certainly not be passing info like this to MSM or anyone other than the police IMO.

Well they may have seen C or spoken to him, one never knows until they interview him/her. Wonder if it was a her and if it was the same person in the Cornhill image, as SP thought? Wonder if s/he saw the old man?

I also don't think 'all' the evidence points to the bin lorry anyway. There was evidence he could have walked home (apparently) and there is another vehicle not yet discounted.

But for the person not to be identified every who knows or works with them would also have to not use the internet, watch TV or see local posters or all decide that they weren't going to answer the appeal from SP and then suddenly 6 months later someone contacts Nicola.

I can't come up with a likely theory

Thousands of people don't use the internet, especially the older generation. We can't assume that because it's been all over Facebook, various forums and other social media that everybody must have seen it. It won't have been on every single TV news report either.
I don't have any trouble accepting that someone hasn't seen it until recently. I am talking here about the person who may have identified the witness.

And as I said, the potential witness him/herself may be a foreigner who's no longer in the country. That's just one possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3