UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not logged on in a while but have googled C ever morning, afternoon and evening through squinted eyes! I am shocked he hasn't been found so I'm inclined to think he won't be there now? Has anyone else's opinion changed? If they started at the most likely place if he was there, I wouldve thought he'd have been found by now :(

I've not logged on in a while but have googled C ever morning, afternoon and evening through squinted eyes! I am shocked he hasn't been found so I'm inclined to think he won't be there now? Has anyone else's opinion changed? If they started at the most likely place if he was there, I wouldve thought he'd have been found by now :(
I agree. We were led to believe it was arranged by day/date. So is that Biffa B/s too?

Surley they will find him in the landfill? What's everyones thoughts on this concert business NU want's to arrange?

have you a link for le saying that they started searching the landfill in the most likely place, to what I know of they have 8000 tones to search and they have just started at the top and are working away at it, are you talking about the most likely place within the 8000 tonnes ?

This is unbelievable really, a man is missing suspected in a bin lorry. Would they really continue to withold information ? He could/ his phone may have been there 6 months

I don't know. I suspect that if the police had the phone and the app and conversation was still on it they could do whatever is necessary legally to have the relevant phone company identify the other phone number(s) involved - if they were registered numbers. A whatsapp group can contain as few as 2 people and can be set up and closed down on an ad hoc basis.

However without the phone itself I think the police would come up against the usual privacy issues vis a vis getting a phone number from whatsapp, even if whatsapp had that data.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/do_you_k...st_untraced_corrie_mckeague_witness_1_4950450

A former Health and Safety Executive investigator of 17 years, who this newspaper is not naming, has revealed it was “practically inconceivable” that the 11kg weight was correct.

He said: “From my experience in waste management, they just would not have lifted the commercial bin if it had that little waste in.
I
“My own recycling bin probably has more than that in it and certainly any domestic waste bin is a lot heavier.”

So...... even though the two employees at Biffa were cleared. Is there any chance Biffa or employees could be pulled up again if Corrie is found? I dont know how the law system works but the former HSE seems to be maybe accusing Biffa of lying about the bin weight? and knowing the bin weight was wrong from the start.

I wonder if there is any technical proof that the bin weighed the heavier amount or if whomever have just taken Biffas word that they made a mistake.

So many twists and turns but im now swaying towards Biffa employee/s having more involvement than we know. An accident maybe?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The bin people covering up an accident sounds pretty plausible to me. Would make things easier if someone would just come clean and admit it, if he's in there then he'll be found. Probably get less punishment if they just own up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It may have been 'practically inconceivable' IN THE EYES of this ex HSE Invesitigator, but 11kg was the norm for the period stretching back over, I believe 18 months. Yes, it is an improbable weight for general refuge, but that weight has been quoted for the Greggs recycling bin. Greggs recycling waste would be various packaging for their products, not food produce.
As has been stated on here many times, There was no deliberate attempt to give false information, As the weight of the bin was not needed for the puposes of costing, it's figure was insignificant to Biffa. From what the police have said, the correct figure was lost in the noise of their data.
As for not lifting the bin with that little waste .... Biffa are paid to collect the waste from Greggs, it is not up to them to decide whether they do or don't collect. !!!!!!!!!! and yes there was technical information ... it was found after revisiting a complicated and vast amount of data. <sighs>

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/do_you_k...st_untraced_corrie_mckeague_witness_1_4950450

A former Health and Safety Executive investigator of 17 years, who this newspaper is not naming, has revealed it was &#8220;practically inconceivable&#8221; that the 11kg weight was correct.

He said: &#8220;From my experience in waste management, they just would not have lifted the commercial bin if it had that little waste in.
I
&#8220;My own recycling bin probably has more than that in it and certainly any domestic waste bin is a lot heavier.&#8221;

So...... even though the two employees at Biffa were cleared. Is there any chance Biffa or employees could be pulled up again if Corrie is found? I dont know how the law system works but the former HSE seems to be maybe accusing Biffa of lying about the bin weight? and knowing the bin weight was wrong from the start.

I wonder if there is any technical proof that the bin weighed the heavier amount or if whomever have just taken Biffas word that they made a mistake.

So many twists and turns but im now swaying towards Biffa employee/s having more involvement than we know. An accident maybe?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]A force spokeswoman said: “Suffolk police can confirm that details of an individual in relation to one of the two remaining CCTV images has been passed to the Major Investigation Team.”........I am not understanding this. Why does the article state one remaining witness remain unidentified yet the police statement says two? [/FONT]http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/do_you_know_this_man_man_in_bury_st_edmunds_mcdonalds_is_last_untraced_corrie_mckeague_witness_1_4950450

[FONT=&]A force spokeswoman said: &#8220;Suffolk police can confirm that details of an individual in relation to one of the two remaining CCTV images has been passed to the Major Investigation Team.&#8221;........I am not understanding this. Why does the article state one remaining witness remain unidentified yet the police statement says two?

Fixed your link

They had identified all the people seen on CCTV except for two - the man entering McDonalds, and the person seen walking past the No Entry sign. That person has apparently now been traced, so it just leaves one, the McDonalds man, to be found.

A former Health and Safety Executive investigator of 17 years, who this newspaper is not naming, has revealed it was &#8220;practically inconceivable&#8221; that the 11kg weight was correct.

He said: &#8220;From my experience in waste management, they just would not have lifted the commercial bin if it had that little waste in.
I
&#8220;My own recycling bin probably has more than that in it and certainly any domestic waste bin is a lot heavier.&#8221;

"Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
"[FONT=&quot]The former investigator spoke to Corrie&#8217;s mum to explain his concerns."......and the police hopefully.[/FONT]

Fixed your link

They had identified all the people seen on CCTV except for two - the man entering McDonalds, and the person seen walking past the No Entry sign. That person has apparently now been traced, so it just leaves one, the McDonalds man, to be found.

From the link

A force spokeswoman said: &#8220;Suffolk police can confirm that details of an individual in relation to one of the two remaining CCTV images has been passed to the Major Investigation Team.&#8221;

What does that mean exactly? To me it's like they are deliberately not speaking in plain English, that's not at all clear that they have a confirmed identity for anyone

JMO

It means they have details of someone but they obviously haven't yet spoken to them to confirm it. They also would have to confirm with that person that both images ( no entry and cornhill) were that person.

Regarding the nameless former HSE person and other bandwagon jumpers, isn't it strange they didn't speak out before? Why wait until the weight error was revealed to say all this? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-s-uncle-criticises-police-for-tip-search-delay-1-7887752
so the family wanted the landfill searched 5 months ago, i never heard the family say such a thing in any interview , if they were that concerned about the landfill would they not have come out and said in November and make their wishes heard back then, IMO

Looking back, it seems to me that at that time they were still searching for Corrie out in the country along his possible routes home.
They wanted the tip searched for his phone, but the police understandably thought that the chances of finding it were small, and even smaller that it would be intact.

Surley they will find him in the landfill? What's everyones thoughts on this concert business NU want's to arrange?

Welcome Incognito.

If you go back a few pages you will see comments about the concert. Also, further back there was a poll here where majority thought he was in landfill IIRC - just before LF search began. Some are now beginning to doubt it as the search continues. Perhaps we should have another poll at the end of this week.

What do you think about the landfill and the concert?

It may have been 'practically inconceivable' IN THE EYES of this ex HSE Invesitigator, but 11kg was the norm for the period stretching back over, I believe 18 months. Yes, it is an improbable weight for general refuge, but that weight has been quoted for the Greggs recycling bin. Greggs recycling waste would be various packaging for their products, not food produce.
As has been stated on here many times, There was no deliberate attempt to give false information, As the weight of the bin was not needed for the puposes of costing, it's figure was insignificant to Biffa. From what the police have said, the correct figure was lost in the noise of their data.
As for not lifting the bin with that little waste .... Biffa are paid to collect the waste from Greggs, it is not up to them to decide whether they do or don't collect. !!!!!!!!!! and yes there was technical information ... it was found after revisiting a complicated and vast amount of data. <sighs>

I don't quite understand why if Biffa collected recycling and charged per collection why was the bin weighed?
If charged by weight 11 kg on average per collection would surely not be cost effective for Biffa?
Fuel costs driver's wages and other overheads must far outweigh collecting such small amounts?

This weight being collected on average would surely also be very costly to Greggs if that was the general weight per collection. A less frequent collection would suffice in that case. Costs for both waste operatives and commercial businesses must come into play here imo.

The point I'm trying to make is none of the figures reported make any sense really. Is it possible the same waste lorry was used to collect recycling and general waste at the same time to save costs and this could account for all this confusion over bin weights? Am I making sense??

Posting a link to the video of the last two witnesses.
The first five seconds show the man entering McDonalds, and this gives a much better impression of him than the still photo.
He walks briskly, and seems quite fit and healthy.

It's my impression that he might have cycled into town. As he passes under the camera, there is a glimpse of what might be a cycle helmet on his back as well as the rucksack. He is wearing the hood of his jacket up, and as he enters the restaurant he puts his hand up as though he's about to undo the fastening under his chin. Perhaps he was wearing the helmet over the hood as some cyclists do.

[video=vimeo;206208736]https://vimeo.com/206208736[/video]

I don't quite understand why if Biffa collected recycling and charged per collection why was the bin weighed?

I can't answer your other questions, Jessie, but I think the bin weighing is automatic. The lorry is equipped with a device that weighs the bin load as it is lifted, and then weighs the empty bin as it is lowered, and records the difference. I saw this on a video somewhere, but I can't recollect where now.

I can't answer your other questions, Jessie, but I think the bin weighing is automatic. The lorry is equipped with a device that weighs the bin load as it is lifted, and then weighs the empty bin as it is lowered, and records the difference. I saw this on a video somewhere, but I can't recollect where now.

Yes I think I remember seeing that Cherwell. I was reading up about charges and weights for bins out of interest - since so much in this case appears to relate to bins/weights/types of collections - and just a small piece snipped below seemed interesting and relevant :

http://www.ecofoodrecycling.co.uk/news/2011/01/29/food-waste-bin-weights-prove-to-be-heavy/

Eco Food Recycling who supply 240 ltr wheelie bins to its customer base for food waste collections have actually lifted bins that have approached the 200 kg mark per bin. This is clearly too heavy either for its staff or the staff of the client because of the Health and Safety issues involved.

One of the leading waste management companies in the land have done a similar exercise and their bins have averaged at 90 kg per bin but Eco Food Recycling stats have come in a fraction lighter at 87 kg per bin.

With a standard 1100 Euro bin that contains general waste averaging at 81 kg per bin (information supplied by Poole Borough Council) it clearly shows that food waste is extremely heavy and shows the necessity for it to be placed in wheelie bins no larger than a 240 ltr size.

These figures prove beyond any doubt that commercial food waste is at least four times the weight of general waste and can clearly show why there is such a disparity on the price of collection and disposal of food waste that is collected and
recycled as opposed to general waste that is collected in the larger Euro bins and sent to landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129