UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As do I. All members of the family and AO have all my thoughts right now.

I was abroad when CM went missing and am nearly finished a perfume I bought there and everytime I wear it it reminds me of being in a hotel room watching BBC news about Corrie being missing. Silly but smell brings up memories so it is a sad perfume for me and part of me feels spooked the bottle is on its last legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps when you finish the perfume Corrie will be found.
Or the baby will be born.

Obviously a baby could also be born a lot earlier than expected as well. Not sure what the max other side would be but two weeks sounds about right.

I think the accusations of lies could be all a big misunderstanding between divorcees. Perhaps AO only said she thought she might be pregnant and only did a proper test with the doctor after CM went missing. This could explain why MM thinks CM knew she was pregnant before CM went missing but NU only believed the pregnancy was 'official' when it was confirmed by a doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought we heard the news that C did know about the baby from N side of the family first.

At Red Lodge the waste is supposed to go through checks to sort it and take out anything that can't be incinerated and during this process a body should have been found.

Two things about this though: iirc from when I was researching this before, the Red Lodge WTS isn't open at weekends (I can't find the info I found before) and the lorry load was said to have gone to landfill as a mixed load of recycling and general waste. They have found letters etc at the landfill from that area and time which suggests that it is from that load, so it would appear that it didn't go through the WTS at all. That being the case, it also would not have gone to the incinerator. So if they don't find him in landfill, it would strongly suggest that he was never in that lorry, or at least not in the back.

One other thing, the ashes from the incinerator, wherever possible are used to make building materials, so very little residual waste from there would go to landfill.

ETA: Red Lodge is open on a Saturday between 7.30am and 1pm. It's the landfill that is not open at weekends.

I thought they said that they hadn't actually found that particular Greggs waste yet just a few cups so far. If they don't actually find any waste from that bin then they may look for incinerated waste.

I thought they said that they hadn't actually found that particular Greggs waste yet just a few cups so far. If they don't actually find any waste from that bin then they may look for incinerated waste.
I do wonder about that, like, how do they know what was in there to be looking for it and just how much branded stuff would there be? I'm thinking of the time in between C going missing and SP checking it all out and would the staff remember? Given that there were other pickups in the town where Greggs stuff may have been deposited by customers and probably the other, bigger, Greggs too, how could they differentiate between them?

I do wonder about that, like, how do they know what was in there to be looking for it and just how much branded stuff would there be? I'm thinking of the time in between C going missing and SP checking it all out and would the staff remember? Given that there were other pickups in the town where Greggs stuff may have been deposited by customers and probably the other, bigger, Greggs too, how could they differentiate between them?

Yes, exactly. I've mentioned this before. That Greggs branch is small, and principally a take-away, so I can't see why there would be much branded waste in their bin. Wouldn't most of it be discarded elsewhere? I can't imagine that their raw materials come in branded packaging.

Yes, exactly. I've mentioned this before. That Greggs branch is small, and principally a take-away, so I can't see why there would be much branded waste in their bin. Wouldn't most of it be discarded elsewhere? I can't imagine that their raw materials come in branded packaging.
They've not found any waste from that bin including Greggs I guess. They collected from Mildenhall Sainsburys too so perhaps sell by dates or something like that from both Greggs and sainsburys sandwich boxes for example would be what they could be looking for. Eg .something with a sell by date of 16th thru 23rd/24th/25th Sept from packaging would indicate correct waste if the pick ups are weekly for example.

They've not found any waste from that bin including from either Greggs I guess. They collected from Mildenhall Sainsburys too so perhaps sell by dates or something like that from both Greggs and sainsburys sandwich boxes for example would be what they could be looking for. Eg .something with a sell by date of 16th thru 23rd/24th/25th Sept from packaging would indicate correct waste if the pick ups are weekly for example.

attachment.php
Is sainsburys on this pic? I'm afraid it shows too small on my phone for me to read all the writing. If C jumped out the bin lorry at sainsburys mildenhall could that be where he was coming from when he crosses the A11 in front of Roy Hawes?

They've not found any waste from that bin including from either Greggs I guess. They collected from Mildenhall Sainsburys too so perhaps sell by dates or something like that from both Greggs and sainsburys sandwich boxes for example would be what they could be looking for. Eg .something with a sell by date of 16th thru 23rd/24th/25th Sept from packaging would indicate correct waste if the pick ups are weekly for example.

I understand that, but as a previous poster said that branch of Greggs is a take-away with just a couple of tables, so surely most of the wrappings are discarded wherever the customers take the food. I did wonder if they throw away a lot of unsold food, but it appears not.

We want our customers to have the freshest food possible, so we don’t carry over into the next day our sandwiches, savouries and some of our confectionery. We try to make sure there is enough food available for our customers right up until closing time, whilst at the same time we don’t bake too many savouries or make up too many sandwiches later in the day, to keep the amount of unsold food as low as possible. Where food that we can’t carry over is not sold, we have different arrangements across our shops:

- A number of our shops have partnerships with local charities such as hostels and homeless shelters who collect our unsold food at the end of each day.

- We have a partnership with an organisation called FareShare who collect unsold food sent from our shops back to our bakeries and distribute it on our behalf to disadvantaged people.

- Where the technology is available, we send unsold food for “anaerobic digestion”, which is a new technology that converts food into an energy supply. This is something we are pursuing increasingly.

- Some of our unsold food is sent for composting.

- Almost all our unsold food is diverted AWAY from landfill.

We would very much welcome any registered charities to get in touch with us should they have a need for our surplus food and if they are able to collect it direct from their nearest Greggs shop, Please fill in the form here > https://www.greggsfoundation.org.uk/food-waste-donations

https://www.greggs.co.uk/faq

Is sainsburys on this pic? I'm afraid it shows too small on my phone for me to read all the writing. If C jumped out the bin lorry at sainsburys mildenhall could that be where he was coming from when he crosses the A11 in front of Roy Hawes?

Nearly a mile and a half, Google says 27 minutes walk.

Sainsburys to fiveways.JPG

No, you'd have to go some distance on the road going top left to get to Sainsburys at Mildenhall.

My thoughts and workings out were based on C coming up from BSE (road on the right), his driver not being able to stop on the approach to the roundabout, so going over the roundabout towards Mildenhall (road top left), stopping to let him out just as he came off the roundabout where there is a small pull in bit. Then C would have to follow the little track around the corner to get to the A11 and walk further onto it because there is a bend there that you wouldn't be able to see what traffic was coming. Where he could see, would be in line to the far right of the Esso station. I note also that the cameras around there, or at least the ones I found, would be unlikely to see him.

Nearly a mile and a half, Google says 27 minutes walk.

View attachment 117808
Thanks Cherwell. I'm trying to work out where would be his best and most logical place to get out near that area, be it from in the back or from in the cab. If the bin lorry was heading to Sainsburys I was wondering if that would still be the best point to get out as suggested by Reallyodd? And for all we know the bin lorry may have travelled via the A14 and A11. LE did say it could have been an alternative route IIRC.

On the Greggs waste, the bin lorry had already visited the larger Greggs so there would be empty dated eat-in sandwich waste wrappers with dates from both BSE store locations. That's presumably what they are expecting to find imo.

Yeah but NU told MM that C knew on the 28th Sep right? Jeez I'm confusing myself. <modsnip>
18th September MM said that CM was told. It must have been the weekend they were in London, so probably a home test. (I remember that date as it has some meaning to me).

<modsnip>

ETA: Sorry, I got a bit confused. I can't remember what date it was that NU was said to have told MM that C knew about the baby, except it wasn't long after C went missing.

Perhaps there would be delivery packaging, with the address of the branch on - which would be fairly definitive.

Glad you're all still working on this guys. I do look in every now and then. Wishing AO the best. <modsnip>

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/missing-corrie-mckeague-search-expanded-13142029
The spokeswoman added: &#8220;This is being done to ensure all parts of the relevant area are covered, following further detailed and specific work completed around the GPS positioning of the vehicle, which brought the waste to the site.

by this statement I'm thinking that the bin lorry was fitted with some kind of GPS tracker, if it was then they should know exactly ware it tipped its load, and ware it went, but I'm not sure that they actually know, as they would have found him by now how reliable mite a gps tracking system be, IMO

what a very sad story. I have stopped commenting. Not sure he made a bad decision and climbed in a bin or was the victim of foul play or perhaps is in some far away resting place. I will say this. No matter his personal choices, he served his country proudly and faithfully. RIP Corrie. 21 guns salute for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20