UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the police were given information that Corrie might be in the landfill (therefore he could have got there some other way), I think it's about following a logic trail.

Corrie went into the horseshoe, wasn't seen coming out, never seen again. No one walking past saw him in there, and when the Look East reporter did his segment in the horseshoe it looked fairly well lit, so why didn't anyone see Corrie in there?

A) he went into a building -- no trace

B) he was hidden out of sight in a bin

We were told there was no forensic trace of Corrie in the bin, but we weren't told what kind of forensics were done on it. We were told the bin was too light to have contained Corrie when it was lifted.

But if you rule everything out and you're left with nothing, you've got to go back and start assuming at least one 'fact' is not a fact after all.

So I think that's what they did. Combine the fact that Corrie wasn't seen with the fact that the bin lorry was the first vehicle into (and out of) the horseshoe after Corrie was seen on camera, and assume the bin weight was wrong and that there's a logical reason that the forensics missed him being in the bin.

Then Corrie can be in the horseshoe for an hour and get out unseen.

Which, we are told, leads to the landfill.

Then they had the confirmation that the bin weight was wrong, supporting the decision to do the landfill search.

When you've got all those people walking past, the cameras, the details of the vehicles in that time frame.... I think you need to do the same again *if* Corrie is not found in the landfill. Limit yourself to just one or two tiny 'facts' being incorrect, not attempt to rewrite every fact, which goes back to the Occam's razor principle (the simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions is most likely correct) and Wella's comments about not making too many assumptions or excursions from the known 'facts'. The way I see it is like making paths through a flowchart, and we need to make as few changes to the 'facts' and as few assumptions as possible, and take into account that Corrie wasn't seen by a person or a camera after entering the horseshoe...Corrie hasn't used his phone, his bank account, presumably his NI number since that night. The police searches didn't find a body, the Sulsar searches didn't find a body. If Corrie lost his phone and it went alone to the landfill (to account for the pings) then why haven't the searchers found the phone in the landfill?

I think that's the kind of thinking process we need to be considering.
The simplest explanation is he left up SB when cam was turned away and got in a vehicle IMO but the LF search seems to have been a priority over the other vehicles. I don't know why that was, but that is MOO. There is no evidence the bin lorry was first in unless you have a link. The other thing that may have happened is some people may not be telling the whole truth.

Well, as far as we know (and that is very little obviously) there is still one vehicle from the HS which has not yet been cleared. Could that hold the answer ??

Hi. I have one, but as with most there are glaring holes in it lol I think he was suffering from depression to some degree, was possibly confused about his sexuality, possibly a very lonely person surrounded by friends but none that were close to him. I think he was a bit lost the night he went missing, ringing his brother 4 times that day, accidentally being left behind, possibly drunk drove to BSE followed by more drinking alone before venturing to the pubs. It would seem he was on his own for much of the night trying to tag onto other groups and found himself alone in the doorway. I think he used his phone in the doorway because on Sky news D stated he was seen on camera using his phone (since then it's always been maintained he hadn't been seen using or with his phone). I think he went into the HS and through to short brackland when the camera rotated (by luck not design). I think he got into a car there that he either arranged whilst in the doorway or it was a chance encounter with someone he was familiar with. No idea where he went or why but obviously he has travelled in a similar direction as the BL but not necessarily the same roads etc. My thought is that he could have had a great time with whomever he left with, was down about life in general and kind of though 'bugger it' I'm just going to go off and start again, start new. If you Google there are many AWOL servicemen that work using their own NI number etc, when people go AWOL it's not like the forces start a massive manhunt. He could well have gone to Amsterdam as people are sometimes suggesting but I think he is most likely in the UK. I can't decide if I think he has rang a brother or not. I'm wavering a bit now though....

This has pretty much been my theory since day one! I don't believe he'll be found in LF, I don't understand how he could be 30 miles away in a different direction to the last phone ping? I think he met someone in the HS after they'd finished work and went off for a bit of fun (gf away in America, mates not expecting him back in camp all weekend) and he's done a spur of the minute AWOL or has come to some harm somewhere... the chances of that after the seemingly rubbish night he'd had though? Got to be pretty unlucky imo. The 4 calls to D that day still makes me wonder...
I agree with you both as it has been my theory from the start. However I still cannot get the thought out of my head that he was invited to a party and may have made the decision to go there when he had nowhere else to go. From there, either something happened to him, or he's been helped to go his own way.

To my mind there are too many inconsistencies for it to be as simple as: bin, lorry, landfill. For starters, his phone was in the BSE area until it went off that mast at 4.19am and the BL had not yet got to the HS. LE stated way back that the phone was on the BM mast until 8am and it did not move. So if, it was in the BL somehow, then where was the BL once it had done its pickup at Mildenhall?

They'd need some compelling evidence to get that signed off! They had to have something to get the LF search signed off originally, surely. I don't think he's there but they seem so sure!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have been reading that in the states, cell phones can have a ping range of up to 20 miles. This has made me wonder about the accuracy of those phone pings and when it actually moved from one mast to another. Is it actually correct that the towers have a signal radius of only 3.5 miles (5 km) ? Who gave us this info and do we have a link for verification? Absolutely everything has been based on that and now we are not even sure C had or used the phone with him when he left the doorway. Everything is going to need to be looked at afresh AFAICS.

I have been reading that in the states, cell phones can have a ping range of up to 20 miles. This has made me wonder about the accuracy of those phone pings and when it actually moved from one mast to another. Is it actually correct that the towers have a signal radius of only 3.5 miles (5 km) ? Who gave us this info and do we have a link for verification? Absolutely everything has been based on that and now we are not even sure C had or used the phone with him when he left the doorway. Everything is going to need to be looked at afresh AFAICS.
LE gave out some information about the phone and some info was found by members of this forum relating to the distances and locations of the masts. There is a lot of info about these things to be found online. We have also had people here who have good knowledge of such things too. I wouldn't say everything has been based on the phone pings or its location, wherever that may be. C could be in the BM/Mildenhall area, rather than LF, or the phone could have been put in a bin there.

Interview with Nicola.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...e-says-she-will-never-give-up-search-for-him/

They've been looking, not just for Corrie, or his phone and keys or wallet, they've also been looking for rubbish that shows they're looking in the right bin, the right cell. So if they get to the end and find no rubbish at all from any of the premises that should have been in that bin lorry that'll mean one thing. If they have found the rubbish and not found Corrie then that means something else. And that's part of the problem. The police can't, and I wouldn't expect them to , make a public decision just now until they've finished the whole search. So we're just waiting just now. There's nothing we can do until they've completed the whole search.

But we've already heard that some cardboard waste branded Greggs was found. I'd like to know how they can be sure what would have been in the bins. I wouldn't expect that much of it to be identifiable. Surely a lot of the cups and wrappers would be thrown away elsewhere anyway?

Interview with Nicola.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...e-says-she-will-never-give-up-search-for-him/

But we've already heard that some cardboard waste branded Greggs was found. I'd like to know how they can be sure what would have been in the bins. I wouldn't expect that much of it to be identifiable. Surely a lot of the cups and wrappers would be thrown away elsewhere anyway?
She does have a point here. The lorry also went to Sainsbury's Mildenhall so where does Mildenhall waste get tipped and why don't they ask the bin lorry driver where the f he tipped it?

But why would this have been reported earlier ? That most recent interview with N contains her fears of course as C hasn't been found yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39695486

Police searching for airman Corrie Mckeague have started to find rubbish at a landfill site "from the right time period" from when he went missing.
Officers have been searching waste in Milton, Cambridgeshire for eight weeks.
They have now started to unearth rubbish from 10 September and said the items uncovered indicated they were "searching in the right place".

She does have a point here. The lorry also went to Sainsbury's Mildenhall so where does Mildenhall waste get tipped and why don't they ask the bin lorry driver where the f he tipped it?

I don't follow you. The police will have spoken to everyone involved, and they will know all this. We just haven't been told all the details.

I don't follow you. The police will have spoken to everyone involved, and they will know all this. We just haven't been told all the details.
N says they haven't found any rubbish from that lorry. It wasn't just Greggs rubbish and C that has not been found, according to N, but nothing from that lorry. What don't you follow?

My other point is we have been told this cell is the cell that BSE rubbish was tipped in but this was not just BSE rubbish. Perhaps there is another cell for Mildenhall rubbish ( which would be substantial because of the base) and perhaps it was tipped in a "Mildenhall" cell not in a "BSE" cell.

N says they haven't found any rubbish from that lorry. It wasn't just Greggs rubbish and C that has not been found, according to N, but nothing from that lorry. What don't you follow?

Did she say that? How would she know what rubbish was in that lorry?

My other point is we have been told this cell is the cell that BSE rubbish was tipped in but this was not just BSE rubbish. Perhaps there is another cell for Mildenhall rubbish ( which would be substantial because of the base) and perhaps it was tipped in a "Mildenhall" cell not in a "BSE" cell.

My understanding is that they fill one cell at a time. If they have a lorry collecting waste in BSE and in Mildenhall, it stands to reason that it would all be tipped in the cell currently being worked.

Did she say that? How would she know what rubbish was in that lorry?

My understanding is that they fill one cell at a time. If they have a lorry collecting waste in BSE and in Mildenhall, it stands to reason that it would all be tipped in the cell currently being worked.

LE will have told her if they have found anything from that lorry. They clearly haven't found anything yet. We know that two Greggs shops in BSE and Sainsburys Mildenhall had rubbish in that lorry as a minimum. The tip is in Cambridshire and takes rubbish from all over but LE said they had identified where BSE rubbish was tipped. I am opining maybe the lorry wasn't tipped where they think it was because it was not classed as BSE rubbish. It doesn't necessarily stand to reason it all gets tipped in one area - I don't follow that reasoning at all, especially when LE have particularly mentioned 'BSE' waste.

Well, it's pointless arguing about it because the police have not given out any detailed information. I'm still not convinced that there would be very much to identify rubbish as being from a specific lorryload: most of it would be generic or unidentifiable.

Well, it's pointless arguing about it because the police have not given out any detailed information. I'm still not convinced that there would be very much to identify rubbish as being from a specific lorryload: most of it would be generic or unidentifiable.

I wonder if there would be stuff like delivery notes (not invoices as greggs would keep those obviously) in with the rubbish that would have dates on them.

I wonder if there would be stuff like delivery notes (not invoices as greggs would keep those obviously) in with the rubbish that would have dates on them.

They found enough stuff with dates on to confirm they were searching the right cell date-wise, and also evidence that it included waste from BSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025