UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it slightly differently. I thought she was saying that he was so drunk, he just slid down the wall and lay in a slump for an hour and a half meant that he probably didn't have the motor skills to have deliberately climbed into the bin, as he wasn't even capable of sitting down. But that was just the way I interpreted it.
Ok so does NU now believe that this was abnormal behaviour for C? In the early days it was yep he will sleep anywhere when he's been drinking and all the behaviour was normal. It is now sounding like he was out cold for an hour and a half. What about the people who allegedly checked on him in the doorway? What about his mate he entered Flex with? Would his mates just leave him in a doorway for two hours? MOO

Hi guys. Newbie here. Haven't read through every post on every thread so this might have been mentioned elsewhere.

There's been some talk in the last few posts about why Corrie might have climbed into the bin instead of going to his car.

Given the scenario that he went to the bins area to have a wee is it at all possible/worthy of consideration, that after eating all the food he purchased and having slept for a couple of hours that he also needed a poo..? It's one thing to pee in an area the public can access hoping you don't get spotted/interrupted mid flow, but if he needed a poo, given his inebriated and possibly not clear-thinking state, maybe he climbed into the bin to have a poo in relative privacy..?

Maybe while climbing in he fell, banged his head on the metal edge and was knocked unconscious..? Maybe he was still unconscious when the bin lorry arrived which is why he didn't try to get out of the bin or call out while the bin was being lifted onto the rubbish lorry..?

I know there are lots of things to consider, such as the hygiene issue of climbing into a bin to poo, but I've seen it suggested he was in a bin designated for cardboard, so it would have been relatively clean with perhaps a discarded paper source to wipe himself with afterwards.

Given some of the theories I've seen on here, <modsnip> it's maybe not so far-fetched to consider that in his drunken state climbing into a bin for privacy might not have seemed like such a bad idea at the time.

Hi guys. Newbie here. Haven't read through every post on every thread so this might have been mentioned elsewhere.

There's been some talk in the last few posts about why Corrie might have climbed into the bin instead of going to his car.

Given the scenario that he went to the bins area to have a wee is it at all possible/worthy of consideration, that after eating all the food he purchased and having slept for a couple of hours that he also needed a poo..? It's one thing to pee in an area the public can access hoping you don't get spotted/interrupted mid flow, but if he needed a poo, given his inebriated and possibly not clear-thinking state, maybe he climbed into the bin to have a poo in relative privacy..?

Maybe while climbing in he fell, banged his head on the metal edge and was knocked unconscious..? Maybe he was still unconscious when the bin lorry arrived which is why he didn't try to get out of the bin or call out while the bin was being lifted onto the rubbish lorry..?

I know there are lots of things to consider, such as the hygiene issue of climbing into a bin to poo, but I've seen it suggested he was in a bin designated for cardboard, so it would have been relatively clean with perhaps a discarded paper source to wipe himself with afterwards.

Given some of the theories I've seen on here, <modsnip> it's maybe not so far-fetched to consider that in his drunken state climbing into a bin for privacy might not have seemed like such a bad idea at the time.
Welcome Kejaan. I have heard this suggestion before but why not just crouch behind a bin instead or head to 24 hour Tesco? I realise that is not what a drunk person may think so maybe you could be right? Is the bin big enough for a grown man to be able to crouch in and do that? One thing we have just learned is that C had a pee in the doorway before his sleep so he can't have been going to the HS for a pee as has been suggested. He would have just peed in the doorway again. So why did he head into HS in the first place?

Welcome Kejaan. I have heard this suggestion before but why not just crouch behind a bin instead or head to 24 hour Tesco? I realise that is not what a drunk person may think so maybe you could be right? Is the bin big enough for a grown man to be able to crouch in and do that? One thing we have just learned is that C had a pee in the doorway before his sleep so he can't have been going to the HS for a pee as has been suggested. He would have just peed in the doorway again. So why did he head into HS in the first place?
Judging by the photo's of the bins they look to be pushed right up against the wall. Not so easy to get enough leverage to push one away from the wall to get behind it. He could have gone between two bins but there would still be a degree of exposure/risk of being seen there. Plus there would have been the question of what to do with the poo. Being RAF he might have not thought it very 'civic' of him to leave a poo on the floor. I don't know.

Those bins are at least 4 feet high, 5 feet wide and 3 feet deep. More than enough room to squat in I'd say. Given the amount of liquid he'd consumed on his night out it's not beyond the realms of possibility he needed another wee when he woke up.

Good point re the Tesco's, but would he have known the Tesco's was 24hr and had toilet's..? Might not have been immediately obvious to someone who maybe wasn't thinking that clearly to begin with.

Kejaan's pooping idea does sound quite far fetched. It was a dark summer night, no folks around, so easier to go e.g. under a stairwell or move a bin by the wall!

I'd guess it would be quite a long walk to Tesco anyway. Too far for someone caught short.

Kejaan's pooping idea does sound quite far fetched. It was a dark summer night, no folks around, so easier to go e.g. under a stairwell or move a bin by the wall!
Town Centre, Friday Night/Saturday morning. there would never be no-one around. Especially for the length of time it would take to do a poo. Those big bins aren't that easy to move, especially if someone has put the brakes on. Also, I don't know if there are many people who would poo under someone's stairs or just on the street.

It was just a theory. No more far-fetched than someone climbing into a bin to sleep. Especially if they have a car nearby.

On that subject, I read some conjecture that he wouldn't sleep in his car for fear of being nicked for being drunk in a motor vehicle. But I also read that he was drinking in his car before he went on his night out. Wouldn't he be afraid of being nicked for that too..? It doesn't make sense that he would fear one consequence but not the other.

I have no idea what happened, same as everyone else.
I do wish NU had made a statement about what was visible in the Hughes doorway incident some time ago. Many theories and suppositions have been put forward about this - and I feel that the information she has now publicised would have helped and clarified general understanding.

Only IMO, but from the CCTV C did appear to 'notice' something that drew him to the Horseshoe. I doubt it was to relieve himself and as he seemed unconscious while in Hughes' doorway unlikely it was a previously arranged 'meet up'.

Was it a person? Was it the bike? Goodness knows what was in his mind at that time.
I have always struggled to understand the theory that he put himself in a bin and has ended up in LF.

Of course hoping that C is found, and for closure for his family.

Town Centre, Friday Night/Saturday morning. there would never be no-one around. Especially for the length of time it would take to do a poo. Those big bins aren't that easy to move, especially if someone has put the brakes on. Also, I don't know if there are many people who would poo under someone's stairs or just on the street.

It was just a theory. No more far-fetched than someone climbing into a bin to sleep. Especially if they have a car nearby.

On that subject, I read some conjecture that he wouldn't sleep in his car for fear of being nicked for being drunk in a motor vehicle. But I also read that he was drinking in his car before he went on his night out. Wouldn't he be afraid of being nicked for that too..? It doesn't make sense that he would fear one consequence but not the other.

Corrie needing to poop so climbing in the bin is possible, I think that's something I'd do if I was desperate and not wanting to be seen, but what you said about Corrie drinking in his car has made me think that perhaps he wasn't that happy in the RAF after all and maybe he wanted out, I don't think anyone who was happy in that line of work would risk being caught in his car with alcohol, knowing it could probably get him dismissed from the RAF. To me this makes me think he could've gone AWOL , but I could be completely wrong.
Another thing that's crossed my mind before is the possibility he went into the HS, got changed , maybe disguised somehow and that's why he wasn't seen coming out again, I know it sounds far fetched but who knows.

I have always struggled to understand the theory that he put himself in a bin and has ended up in LF.

Why do you struggle with it? Waste collection companies have said people getting into bins is a problem for them and plenty of people have died before from doing it. It's the most logical conclusion in my mind.

I have no idea what happened, same as everyone else.
I do wish NU had made a statement about what was visible in the Hughes doorway incident some time ago. Many theories and suppositions have been put forward about this - and I feel that the information she has now publicised would have helped and clarified general understanding.

Only IMO, but from the CCTV C did appear to 'notice' something that drew him to the Horseshoe. I doubt it was to relieve himself and as he seemed unconscious while in Hughes' doorway unlikely it was a previously arranged 'meet up'.

Was it a person? Was it the bike? Goodness knows what was in his mind at that time.

Of course hoping that C is found, and for closure for his family.

I've always wondered if it was a bike. He seemed a cheeky enough chappie that "borrowing" one to get home might have been a genius idea. Good chance he wanted a wee though, it was 90 mins since his last one (and if he's anything like my slackbladder husband after a few pints he'd have been busting).

What if.... had wee, started nicking bike, badass(es) came out of Focus12, walloped him, either put him in bin or he got in to hide, lorry picked it up, Corrie came round and waited for opportunity to get out, did so at Sainsburys, then........ either called on friend at US base and party went wrong OR set off alone through the forest to get home.

If you all recall bikes started being mentioned on missing posters quite early on. And we know that while F12 was officially empty it is very possible people were there who shouldn't have been. It would also explain the bin weight and lack of CCTV and the not finding him at landfill*

(*you watch, they'll find him tomorrow now)

I don't believe it is very easy to get back out of the back of a bin lorry once you're in it so I really don't think it is possible he hopped out of the lorry somewhere along its route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it is very easy to get back out of the back of a bin lorry once you're in it so I really don't think it is possible he hopped out of the lorry somewhere along its route.

if what is picked up is not compacted then it would be quite easy as the rubbish is just at the rear of the lorry ware it was tipped , only the one bin was picked up so quite possible it was not compacted until later, I have watched my local collections and they pick up many bins then compact when the rear area is full, we don't know if the driver compacted what he picked up or not so I would still say that it would be possible to exit the bin lorry at any point, IMO

Why do you struggle with it? Waste collection companies have said people getting into bins is a problem for them and plenty of people have died before from doing it. It's the most logical conclusion in my mind.

I understood that many people who do get into bins are homeless, and it is more often in poor weather conditions. Neither situations are relevant here imo.
Some people may have died from it of course, but I do not think it is a common occurrence.
Only my opinion of course.

I understood that many people who do get into bins are homeless, and it is more often in poor weather conditions. Neither situations are relevant here imo.
Some people may have died from it of course, but I do not think it is a common occurrence.
Only my opinion of course.

You're correct the problem is mainly homeless people but drunk people get in bins too.

This man had a sad end.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ped-wheelie-bin-following-night-drinking.html

I think it could be possible if the compactor had not been used till after the Mildenhall pick up. Surely the bin lorry driver would remember and he would have been interviewed early on imo.

I think it could be possible if the compactor had not been used till after the Mildenhall pick up. Surely the bin lorry driver would remember and he would have been interviewed early on imo.

Sure I read somewhere, way back when, that the machinery wouldn't have been switched on immediately as it was 4am in a residential area.

This has probably been posted somewhere on these threads already, but good to refresh these points.

It does appear that when people use bins for sleeping/security this is discovered before or when being dumped at LandFill.

I think this is the anomaly with this case. If this happened to Corrie how was his body missed at landfill?

This article shows that Biffa are very aware and concerned about people getting into bins and they should be seen when tipped into the trucks.
Would this suggest the driver of the truck that night didn't perform the proper required checks so the body of C was missed?

Long article, but worth a read:

http://resource.co/article/three-people-week-found-sleeping-biffa-bins-10919

Tim Standring, Head of Safety at Biffa, told the programme that all the firm&#8217;s trucks now contain cameras in the vehicle&#8217;s compactor that allow drivers to see what is being tipped inside. However, some collection trucks lift containers up to six metres high before the contents are tipped into the vehicle&#8217;s compactor, so even if someone is spotted on the internal camera of the truck before compaction there is a high risk of injury from falling.

In July 2014, Matthew Symonds died after he was thought to have climbed into a Biffa recycling bin in Bristol having been turned away from a homeless shelter. His body was discovered at a waste depot in Avonmouth.

The BBC investigation spoke to George, a homeless person in Bristol, who explained that recycling bins are used because they provide warmth, privacy and security. The appeal of sleeping in recycling bins is partly due to shops recycling more dry materials (cardboard and plastic) that make the bins a dry, sheltered and relatively warm place to sleep. George also said that staying out of view in a bin means police won&#8217;t move the person on, and they can avoid abuse from passers by.

It does appear that when people use bins for sleeping/security this is discovered before or when being dumped at LandFill.

I think this is the anomaly with this case. If this happened to Corrie how was his body missed at landfill?

I think perhaps the company were not following the correct procedures. For example they may have been short staffed or needed to hit a target so they cut a few corners. Initially the bin was described as recycling. If the company were short staffed they may have collected the recycling which went in a lorry with regular rubbish. To avoid all the recycling in the general waste being detected the entire bin lorry contents goes straight on the tip rather than to be processed normally so nobody would have looked at it at all. The paperwork is maybe filled out incorrectly so it looks like all procedures were followed. This explains the confusion with the weight and the arrest.

If this did all happen it's still not the companies fault if CM was in a bin but it raises a lot of questions. All IMO.

I think perhaps the company were not following the correct procedures. For example they may have been short staffed or needed to hit a target so they cut a few corners. Initially the bin was described as recycling. If the company were short staffed they may have collected the recycling which went in a lorry with regular rubbish. To avoid all the recycling in the general waste being detected the entire bin lorry contents goes straight on the tip rather than to be processed normally so nobody would have looked at it at all. The paperwork is maybe filled out incorrectly so it looks like all procedures were followed. This explains the confusion with the weight and the arrest.

If this did all happen it's still not the companies fault if CM was in a bin but it raises a lot of questions. All IMO.
Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member