UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The family taking calls on their own reward hotline was a bad idea.

It's much easier for cruel pranksters to call a mobile phone and get away with it compared to calling the actual police.

Don't mean to go off on a tangent, but I am not convinced at the value of rewards being offered but OIMO of course. I've often read that doing so (especially family rewards as opposed to LE rewards offered) can result in much irrelevant information being reported and isn't always reliable.

Was reading this old article regarding the subject, and an interesting quote from Suffolk's P & C Com. Tim Passmore is mentioned.

This case is a police investigation, and seems to me the police have gone above and beyond in their search, and what more can they do? Examining the incinerated waste seems the only step left it seems. Just trying to say I support SP in what they have done, though I do feel the agony of the parents that their son is still missing.
So many missing people are never found and it is such a hard reality to accept.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27763842

Do cash rewards actually help catch criminals?

Suffolk's Police and Crime Commissioner, Tim Passmore, said there could only be "very few occasions" when offering a reward was appropriate.

"It would be very sad if a system were to evolve where people expected to be paid for providing evidence," he added.

However, often the prospect of a cash reward will still not be enough to persuade someone to come forward and, even if does, it can present problems if the case comes to court.

"What the police don't want to do is to contaminate evidence and the integrity of the investigation," Mr Howe said.
"If the person who is providing the information is actually a witness in the case, then the defence will, quite rightly, suggest and put in mitigation, that the evidence has been tainted by the inducement of payment. That is a major consideration for any senior investigating officer."

'Mr McKeague's mother said:
"I'm so angry. I'm beyond devastated that they've misled me... they told us at the beginning they were searching the landfill, they lied. They weren't searching the landfill, they were searching an area of the landfill."
'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40691756

She didn't seriously expect them to search the ENTIRE landfill site, surely?

"I'm so angry. I'm beyond devastated that they've misled me... they told us at the beginning they were searching the landfill, they lied. They weren't searching the landfill, they were searching an area of the landfill."
'

I'm sure from first hearing about this we were told by the police and MSM that it was a particular cell.... How could she keep thinking it was the whole site?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Off topic but there are so many grammar errors in that article, I despair! I'm not the best at written communication, but I'm not a journalist. Do journalists no longer need any qualifications?
Poorly written articles leave me doubting the accuracy of what's being reported. We've seen dreadfully shoddy journalism throughout this case with more 'facts' being available on our threads here than in the MSM.

'

From what SP have released publicly it was clear that a specific area of landfill which related to the time span of Corrie's disappearance only was being searched. I believe NU herself tried to explain the area with an analogy of a football and medicine ball?

I can only think that NU is reacting in grief and needs time to absorb the circumstances and SP's latest statement.

From what SP have released publicly it was clear that a specific area of landfill which related to the time span of Corrie's disappearance only was being searched. I believe NU herself tried to explain the area with an analogy of a football and medicine ball?

I can only think that NU is reacting in grief and needs time to absorb the circumstances and SP's latest statement.

Completely agree, jessie. It was absolutely clear from before the landfill search began that it would be a specific area that was searched.

Frustration, more like. I would expect grief if they had found his remains.
The fact that they haven't surely leaves her some hope that he might be alive somewhere.
(Not that I think he is, but I don't think he's in the LF either.)

I don't understand why people want the police to continue a search that has been completed. They've searched through the area where all the rubbish from the relevant dates was. There is no point in searching waste from another timeframe. Moving on to the incinerated waste instead is the most logical step.

I agree. What exactly are they expected to do? Dig up the rest of Cambridgeshire and Suffolk?

Does the 'killed' tip put a different slant on that? Is it N effectively asking for corroboration/trying to frighten someone as she'd had the tip and wanted more info?

For months we've been led to believe that sleeping in a bin was unthinkable even for Corrie. Yet now we are told it was not unprecedented.

I'm afraid it sounds to me as though Nicola is still in denial. She cannot accept that ultimately Corrie's own behaviour was behind whatever happened to him. Someone else must be responsible.

For months we've been led to believe that sleeping in a bin was unthinkable even for Corrie. Yet now we are told it was not unprecedented.

I'm afraid it sounds to me as though Nicola is still in denial. She cannot accept that ultimately Corrie's own behaviour was behind whatever happened to him. Someone else must be responsible.

I so agree with this ^^. It is what I've been thinking for some time but was reluctant to post.

As I watched BBC News Live and they kept losing signal on the presser I had no idea this happened?
She must feel under enormous pressure?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nding-no-sign-missing-airman-corrie-mckeague/

The officer leading the hunt for Mr McKeague, 23, stormed out of a press conference after saying the search of the site had been halted.

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott of Suffolk Police got out of her chair and left the room
after saying that everything possible had been done to find Mr McKeague.

Earlier she said she still believed that his body was buried somewhere under tons of rubbish at the giant 120 acre site in Milton, Cambridgeshire.

As I watched BBC News Live and they kept losing signal on the presser I had no idea this happened?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nding-no-sign-missing-airman-corrie-mckeague/

The officer leading the hunt for Mr McKeague, 23, stormed out of a press conference after saying the search of the site had been halted.

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott of Suffolk Police got out of her chair and left the room

Earlier she said she still believed that his body was buried somewhere under tons of rubbish at the giant 120 acre site in Milton, Cambridgeshire.

I have every sympathy for the police, they have a difficult job to do. Where should they look next? Corrie would not be the first young man who has gone missing and has not been found, and won't be the last, and they are hampered in my mind by a grieving mother who is also a serving police officer and has her own ideas. JMO

'

Yes, she did! Live on last night's'Look East', approx 15 minutes in:

https://youtu.be/tOqQzS20b_4

I think NU did expect SP to search the whole of the landfill but it's understandable, in her mind her son is missing and she's do anything to find him, she's not thinking of the cost and man power it would take to do it. I think I would be the same tbh.
I think it's logical that they search the incinerated waste tho, I hope they find him soon so his family can get closure and peace.

I think NU did expect SP to search the whole of the landfill but it's understandable, in her mind her son is missing and she's do anything to find him, she's not thinking of the cost and man power it would take to do it. I think I would be the same tbh.
I think it's logical that they search the incinerated waste tho, I hope they find him soon so his family can get closure and peace.

As a mum to 4 grown up lads I'd feel the same for sure, but as to searching the entire site, no. If I was told that the rubbish from area A gets dumped over there in Cell X, Y or Z that would be where they would search in my mind.

After watching the clip from Miss French , I'm amazed yet not surprised and can now u derstand how N has become confused. JMO

RIP Corrie McKeague :rose:

Nice thought but Corrie cannot rest in peace until this case is closed.
Will it remain as a mystery forever remains to be seen....
Imo this sudden "ending" is very odd. Who made the final desicion to stop the landfill search?

As a mum to 4 grown up lads I'd feel the same for sure, but as to searching the entire site, no. If I was told that the rubbish from area A gets dumped over there in Cell X, Y or Z that would be where they would search in my mind.

After watching the clip from Miss French , I'm amazed yet not surprised and can now u derstand how N has become confused. JMO

Your right what your saying, the land fill is such a big space and it wouldn't be justifiable spending that much money and time searching for one missing person out of thousands. I just don't think she's thinking rationally, and she's expecting the search to go on indefinitely, which of course it can't.

Stormed out? Did anyone see this?

Nice thought but Corrie cannot rest in peace until this case is closed.
Will it remain as a mystery forever remains to be seen....
Imo this sudden "ending" is very odd. Who made the final desicion to stop the landfill search?
Sadly a lot of cases do remain unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin