UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police deny claim Corrie landfill search based on details that were ‘not correct’

9 October 2017

Nicola said the initial search was carried out based on evidence from landfill owners FCC Environment, which owns the two sites, and a private haulage firm which it hires, which suggested just one lorry could have carried Corrie from the holding site on the Monday after his disappearance.

She claims police have now discovered it could have been more than one, which has prompted them to widen the search. But Suffolk Police say the landfill ‘cell’ they searched contained a whole week’s waste from Red Lodge and other transfer depots.

[...]

A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The area of Cell 22 within the original search parameters was identified as a result of a number of pieces of information and was extended twice following further data that came to light including data in respect of a vehicle taking waste to the landfill site.

“The fact remains that the waste excavated to date includes approximately one weeks’ worth of waste from FCC Red Lodge and other transfer stations throughout the region and so the waste from a number of lorries delivering to the site during this period has been excavated and searched.

"The area that has been searched still remains the location where Corrie was most likely to have been found and would still have been searched first had all of the information that has now been obtained through the diligent and painstaking work of the investigation team been known at the start of the search..

“The disposal of waste is not a precise science and there are a number of locations where waste can be delivered into an open cell. The police have searched the most likely area and as a result of their work are able to establish the next most likely area.”

As much as Nicola has confused things herself and not explained things well at all considering she is a Police officer.....

The disposal of waste is not a precise science and there are a number of locations where waste can be delivered into an open cell. The police have searched the most likely area and as a result of their work are able to establish the next most likely area.

Correct it can't be a precise science because a big digger moves the waste around (as well as it moving naturally) so searching a small area based on, among other things, GPS of the dumping truck is not really that logical to me?

Surely it would have been much quicker and arguably cheaper to just search the whole cell right from the start? Hindsight and all that, though.

I've seen the BBC do this kind of feature report before (most notably, for me, the man on the moor version) and I think they're brilliant. Thanks for finding and posting!

:blushing: Can't take all the credit; I saw it, and thought it would be great to share, but someone else posted it on here before I got the chance.

Thank you for that concise link.
Very interested in your thoughts as BBM . TIA.

It was things like how C had been affected by the divorce, and seems to have carried that cheeky chappy, gets away with being charming personal into adulthood. I've also said that he did well to have got into the RAF Regt as it is tough selection and training; more so physically than mentally, but he's still had to pass written tests and interviews and little allowance is made for dyslexia. Finally, the RAF seem to have given him plenty of opportunities to make a go of it; from this, he's been advised to sort himself out during training and he had help during his depression.

Something I've never understood is, since he most likely got in a bin of cardboard and was most likely collected by the cardboard recycling lorry (remember the disparity about the weight of the load picked up), why were they searching the landfill? Isn't cardboard recycled? Most recycle facilities bale up cardboard and sell it to a paper mill. Bodies have been discovered during this process (google 'body found cardboard recycling' for incidents), but what if the body wasn't noticed at that point, and was shipped off to a paper mill in China or something?
I agree and have mentioned this before. I get the feelng that they burn the cardboard in the incinerator rather than bale it but JMO. I have seen no mention of bales being made at the transfer station or anywhere else but I do not think it has been investigated tbh.

Police deny claim Corrie landfill search based on details that were ‘not correct’

9 October 2017

Nicola said the initial search was carried out based on evidence from landfill owners FCC Environment, which owns the two sites, and a private haulage firm which it hires, which suggested just one lorry could have carried Corrie from the holding site on the Monday after his disappearance.

She claims police have now discovered it could have been more than one, which has prompted them to widen the search. But Suffolk Police say the landfill ‘cell’ they searched contained a whole week’s waste from Red Lodge and other transfer depots.

[...]

A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The area of Cell 22 within the original search parameters was identified as a result of a number of pieces of information and was extended twice following further data that came to light including data in respect of a vehicle taking waste to the landfill site.

“The fact remains that the waste excavated to date includes approximately one weeks’ worth of waste from FCC Red Lodge and other transfer stations throughout the region and so the waste from a number of lorries delivering to the site during this period has been excavated and searched.

"The area that has been searched still remains the location where Corrie was most likely to have been found and would still have been searched first had all of the information that has now been obtained through the diligent and painstaking work of the investigation team been known at the start of the search..

“The disposal of waste is not a precise science and there are a number of locations where waste can be delivered into an open cell. The police have searched the most likely area and as a result of their work are able to establish the next most likely area.”
Well funny that, because I remember querying this very fact when it was stated that cell was where BSE waste went. I particularly asked where Mildenhall waste went at the time. So now it contains one weeks waste from throughout the region - yet they admit it's not a precise science. You betcha. And if someone was going to dispose of a body would it really be located in the BSE area of the LF anyway?

TY for posting this GT. More imprecise science to come I'm sure.

I have been wondering about the abduction theory in the last few weeks. I have never given it any credence before but - what if there was an assault and abduction- be it IS extremists, annoyed travellers, jealous ex, disguised homeless, aliens et cetera. It seems to me that could now have been fairly easy to do considering the state C was in when he woke from the doorway sleep. His phone could have been discovered laying in the H/s or in the doorway and later tossed in the rubbish. Previously it was always stated that C would have been a handful to overpower but I am no longer seeing that. Also, as it now seems several people could have left the H/s area unseen there appears to be a possible opportunity of that now. AJMO.

LE and family have both stated that there is evidence C is in the landfill. Could we recap that evidence before we vote?
To begin: evidence for:
1. Last confirmed siting entering HS.
2. Bin weight.
3. Phone pings.
4. Not seen leaving HS.
5. Known to sleep in/on unusual places. E.g. benches, rubbish, dance floors.

Evidence against:
1. No forensics in bin or lorry or HS
2. No phone found.
3. No C or clothes/shoes found.
4. Several unconfirmed sightings after last confirmed sighting.
5. Weight initially wrong.
6. Waste type and route subject to change.
7. He told people he was walking home.
8. Imprecise science.

Any more?

I have been wondering about the abduction theory in the last few weeks. I have never given it any credence before but - what if there was an assault and abduction- be it IS extremists, annoyed travellers, jealous ex, disguised homeless, aliens et cetera. It seems to me that could now have been fairly easy to do considering the state C was in when he woke from the doorway sleep. His phone could have been discovered laying in the H/s or in the doorway and later tossed in the rubbish. Previously it was always stated that C would have been a handful to overpower but I am no longer seeing that. Also, as it now seems several people could have left the H/s area unseen there appears to be a possible opportunity of that now. AJMO.

Strange how we are now coming back to the ideas we had right at the start but which were previously discarded as they did not fit the "facts" that were being reported.

As I recall, I did suggest the possibility of him being grabbed by the Ruskies and smuggled out of the country via Felixstowe. It was never really a serious suggestion, since Corrie was pretty junior (OK, very junior) in the RAF scale of things and was unlikely to be of much use to them.

As to an IS abduction, that was considered a more serious possibility at the time because of the reports, then being taken seriously but since dismissed, of attacks on several other service personnel in the preceding months. In any event, I seem to recall that the IS idea was eventually dismissed when no video emerged of him being killed for propaganda. It was in my mind that he could have been abducted, killed and the video released to coincide with Armistice Day but that came and went with nothing.

There was the report that he'd been spotted in a nightclub or pub in the West End, and the rumour that he was being "kept" (when we were discussing suggestions that he was gay) but nothing more was heard of that.

And the report he'd been spotted at a band gig in Ipswich (?) - nothing further on that.

(I don't take either of those last two ideas seriously but it's worth recapping some of the suggestions that have floated around over the past 12 months or so.)

To be honest I no longer know what to think, but increasingly I suspect we will never find out what happened to him.

Well for what it is worth, and that isn't much, I still go with the possibility that C exited the HS and came to grief somehow, the most possible scenario in a vehicle from SBrackland which consequentially resulted in his demise due to circumstances unknown.
After all we have heard about the waste transfer process it seems to me incredible that a body could be missed during that.
For his parents's sake I truly hope he is in peace somewhere in the wasteland/water of Suffolk.

Well for what it is worth, and that isn't much, I still go with the possibility that C exited the HS and came to grief somehow, the most possible scenario in a vehicle from SBrackland which consequentially resulted in his demise due to circumstances unknown.

This seems most likely to me too.

What were the results of the last poll?
Last quick poll results (posts from 9/24/17):
  • Corrie evaded cameras by chance and set off home. He had an accident and has not been found. - 5
  • Corrie is alive and well having pulled off the greatest AWOL master stunt since Lord Lucan. - 4
  • Corrie met up with friend/s to continue the party, and something went really badly wrong. - 3
  • Corrie was taken / beaten up / threatened / robbed by persons unknown and his body hidden. - 1
  • Corrie is in landfill. He was in the bin, in the lorry, and is somewhere in that cell. - 0
  • Corrie was overwhelmed with everything going on in his life and decided to end it all somewhere hidden. - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46