UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have got into a car parked in Short Brackland? There are parking bays and service areas where people may have parked hours earlier, or without entering the HS at all.

I'm not convinced that the shopping centre cameras would pick it up; surely they are mainly directed at the car park behind the shopping centre, rather than the road. I doubt they would pick up anything in the service areas.
Yes this has always been the chink in the armour of the cctv and was always a big possibility, which LE have absolutely no way of knowing IMO.

Does anyone know when the LF search will restart?

QUICK POLL

Corrie will be found in landfill

QUICK POLL

Corrie will not be found in landfill

Wow. Just looked at results by jumping over to "full site" - 1 for in LF and 14 for NOT in LF.

Please vote if you haven't already, by thanking the post two pages back (post numbers 348 or 349) that you agree with. Thanks, Cagney. :smile:

Wow. Just looked at results by jumping over to "full site" - 1 for in LF and 14 for NOT in LF.

Please vote if you haven't already, by thanking the post two pages back (post numbers 348 or 349) that you agree with. Thanks, Cagney. :smile:

That's a tough one! Even with the bin weight, it could have been something else in the bin, or he could have climbed out en route. I'm almost 50/50 :/

There was a vehicle that was in HS and that was from the American base. Did that ever get cleared? What about the car on the One Way system being driven in the wrong direction? Any one know what happened about that one?
A long while back it was said by N that 3 of the four vehicles had legit reasons to be there but the fourth one didnt. I know they were all identified and drivers spoken to but I am still wondering about the one lacking a reason to be there. LE really should re-interview those drivers now IMO.

A long while back it was said by N that 3 of the four vehicles had legit reasons to be there but the fourth one didnt. I know they were all identified and drivers spoken to but I am still wondering about the one lacking a reason to be there. LE really should re-interview those drivers now IMO.

Thanks. One gets the feeling that work on everything else more or less stopped during the landfill search since they were so confident of finding him there. I would hope it didn't but if it did it would be in keeping with the investigation overall.

The accident while walking home theory was one that got a lot of attention and was discussed in detail when he first went missing. The assumption was that he was hit by a vehicle on one of the unlit roads and that his body ended up in a ditch along the route or (maybe) had been removed by the driver responsible for disposal elsewhere. However as that was also the initial theory of the police, the roadsides along all his possible routes home were thoroughly searched, as was the lake/water feature on the Ampthill Estate by divers. It was when all of this turned up nothing that the police started looking at other ideas.
I drove past a missing Corrie banner on my way home from a party in Norwich on New Year's Day and that was the first I heard of this case.

When I looked up the circumstances that evening I believe I had driven by the roundabout I believe it was - I forget it's name - where people were discussing phone pings and what have you.

I remember a lot of fields and woods in this area so I would imagine it is quite rural around there. Could Corrie have been hit by a vehicle where the driver owned a substantial amount of land around there where he could have possibly been buried to avoid detection. This clears up him not being found in ditches or public areas such as woods etc if he is in fact buried on private property.

I've always felt this was a death involving a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jumping off Scarlett's post above I agree it's entirely possible Corrie could have been hit by a car. Say a drink driver hit him, they might have thought it was easier to bundle him into the boot and drive away rather than face a prison sentence. Same goes for a taxi / lorry driver who can't afford to lose their licence, an uninsured or unlicensed driver, an illegal immigrant, anyone who wouldn't want police involved.... mind you, I said the same about Adrian Lynch and he had just fallen into water.

I hope they find him soon, we need to get to the next step.

I still wonder about the sugar beet slurry pits and the beet factory unconfirmed sighting. It was said that the slurry pits are drained once a year. Just wondering if they have been done at all since C went missing more than a year ago now.

Yeah I also think it could be along the lines of a drowning. Some sort of accidental death that is often sadly the result when somebody a bit worse for wear goes missing so car accident/falling into water.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think people may be reading too much into "legitimate" reason. All it boils down to is that three people were there for recorded and verifiable work purposes - the bin lorry driver, the delivery driver and the employee receiving the delivery.

This doesn't mean that the fourth party was not entitled to drive through there - these are public thoroughfares. They were probably just going home from wherever they'd been, likely some social activity.

I think people may be reading too much into "legitimate" reason. All it boils down to is that three people were there for recorded and verifiable work purposes - the bin lorry driver, the delivery driver and the employee receiving the delivery.

This doesn't mean that the fourth party was not entitled to drive through there - these are public thoroughfares. They were probably just going home from wherever they'd been, likely some social activity.
It was N who said it and she is a serving police officer so I don't think she would say that if she didn't mean it to be some illegal purpose ( drugs, prostitution, looking to harm someone for example). That's what I took it to mean anyway - the worst case scenario rather than the benign meaning. As we are dealing with someone going missing from that area, the bad scenario should be the one investigated imo.

A couple of times now I have seen it stated that the bin lorry made more stops in BSE after the HS and before going to the Mildenhall pick up. Is this factual now and, if so, wouldn't that change the time taken for the journey as well as the pings? The original line was that the HS was the last BSE stop and then off to BM and the one final Mildenhall pick-up before going to the Transfer station. Could someone provide the link where these stops in BSE after the HS are mentioned?

A couple of times now I have seen it stated that the bin lorry made more stops in BSE after the HS and before going to the Mildenhall pick up. Is this factual now and, if so, wouldn't that change the time taken for the journey as well as the pings? The original line was that the HS was the last BSE stop and then off to BM and the one final Mildenhall pick-up before going to the Transfer station. Could someone provide the link where these stops in BSE after the HS are mentioned?

From Police Press Statement. It's in post #60 in the media thread
I don't remember specific pick ups in BSE being mentioned though, sorry.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...24-September-2016-Media-*NO-DISCUSSION*/page2

Officers had quickly viewed CCTV to track where he had been and determined that he had been seen in Brentgovel Street around 3.25am. While CCTV was being examined around the area for further sightings, the viewing was also moving forward in time and it was then identified there had been a bin lorry collection in the area around 4.15am - 4.20am on Saturday, 24 September. Further enquiries determined the waste was taken to Milton for landfill disposal. This was the only bin collected from the area on Saturday 24 and waste from it was taken first to a transfer station and then onto Milton landfill site.

It is known there were several collections in Bury St Edmunds after the Brentgovel Street one before the bin lorry went on to other collections in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely.

From Police Press Statement. It's in post #60 in the media thread
I don't remember specific pick ups in BSE being mentioned though, sorry.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...24-September-2016-Media-*NO-DISCUSSION*/page2

Officers had quickly viewed CCTV to track where he had been and determined that he had been seen in Brentgovel Street around 3.25am. While CCTV was being examined around the area for further sightings, the viewing was also moving forward in time and it was then identified there had been a bin lorry collection in the area around 4.15am - 4.20am on Saturday, 24 September. Further enquiries determined the waste was taken to Milton for landfill disposal. This was the only bin collected from the area on Saturday 24 and waste from it was taken first to a transfer station and then onto Milton landfill site.

It is known there were several collections in Bury St Edmunds after the Brentgovel Street one before the bin lorry went on to other collections in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely.

Thankyou for the link Jessie. So after 04.20 leaving the horseshoe, the bin lorry had "several collections in BSE". That's it then - he got out at one of those other locations and walked/hitched from one of those. What were the other locations and have they searched those areas too?

It was N who said it and she is a serving police officer so I don't think she would say that if she didn't mean it to be some illegal purpose ( drugs, prostitution, looking to harm someone for example). That's what I took it to mean anyway - the worst case scenario rather than the benign meaning. As we are dealing with someone going missing from that area, the bad scenario should be the one investigated imo.

No, I don't agree. I think it's a mistake to take every word N says literally - in fact that goes for most people.
In this case I think it simply means that three of the vehicles were there for verifiable purposes. The fourth was not, so they only have that party's word to account for their presence.

No, I don't agree. I think it's a mistake to take every word N says literally - in fact that goes for most people.
In this case I think it simply means that three of the vehicles were there for verifiable purposes. The fourth was not, so they only have that party's word to account for their presence.
I agree that I don't think when someone has disappeared it is always possible to take someone's word alone. My point is that 4 vehicles really isn't many to check fully like they have done with the bin lorry. Hopefully they have checked timings by looking at cctv. Especially now there is nothing found yet in LF all the other vehicles need checking again IMO as well as where they went after leaving the HS. He was in the HS for nearly an hour before his phone left. Something has been overlooked, like the weight changing, the three lorries from the transfer station pick up and the additional stops after tge HS. All these details have changed, so there could be changed details regarding the other vehicles. Also, if someone was involved they're not going to tell the truth but will lie about the reason they were there IMO. They're not going to say I was there to score or meet a pick up or whatever.

That doesn't follow. It assumes he had his phone on him throughout, and we don't know that. He wasn't seen with it on CCTV.
LE thinks so although our poll shows we don't agree. That's what the investigation has decided by searching LF. The evidence of the weight of the bin and the phone pings plus C having slept in rubbish are the evidence LE have cited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46