UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know about the police review? What's the normal goings on? Would they be re interviewing all the people that he was in contact that night , or are they just more going over paper work and old statements made at the time, and. Would they look at what ever work MIS did and be taken in to account ,
Knowing the East Midlands forces I don't imagine they will be reinterviewing but probably just an initial paper review. I think they said initial results by end of this month. They may well report first, just regarding the LF search as that is being criticised by the family for ending without searching further into other cells. JMO.

Knowing the East Midlands forces I don't imagine they will be reinterviewing but probably just an initial paper review. I think they said initial results by end of this month. They may well report first, just regarding the LF search as that is being criticised by the family for ending without searching further into other cells. JMO.

At the end of this month the first stage of the review will make recommendations to Suffolk police on the landfill search. This could see the search restart.

After this, a review of the entire investigation, from the early searches and decision not to do full door-to-door enquires, to the landfill search, will start.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie-m...thday-12-months-since-disappearance-1-5197279

Many thanks Greater Than.

Here is the link to SF site which has the CCTV images mentioned in the above. Very clear images IMO, excellent work been going on for this no doubt:

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

“Police are releasing pictures of people they believe were the last to see Corrie McKeague on the night he disappeared.

The RAF airman, 23, went missing during a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on September 24, last year.

He was last spotted walking into a loading bay area in the town and is feared to have fallen asleep inside a bin.

Suffolk Police will have a police pod in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday and Sunday to speak to members of the public.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tos-people-Corrie-McKeague.html#ixzz4tKQfsqOw

It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a year and Corrie’s disappearance is still a mystery.

Yeah, like awol

Which is an idea we discussed in some detail quite early on in this case. What argues against it, more than the question of how did he leave the town centre unseen is how it could have been kept quiet for a year. I'd have expected something to give or leak out from somebody before now if he was AWOL.

Yeah, like awol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't authorities look into this and satisfy this as not being an outcome BEFORE proceeding with full scale searches etc?

Don't authorities look into this and satisfy this as not being an outcome BEFORE proceeding with full scale searches etc?

I don't see how they can. If there's no evidence of anything, don't they have to keep an open mind?

I have to say I am mystified that LE have come up with good quality cctv stills of approx 10 additional people they would like to speak to. We were led to believe everyone had been traced/spoken to except McD guy.

I have to say I am mystified that LE have come up with good quality cctv stills of approx 10 additional people they would like to speak to. We were led to believe everyone had been traced/spoken to except McD guy.
IMO it looks like LE have gone back over all the CCTV and the new faces are people that corrie associated with that nigh , chated to in flex etc , but I dout they would remember much a year later ,

Same.

IMO it looks like LE have gone back over all the CCTV and the new faces are people that corrie associated with that nigh , chated to in flex etc , but I dout they would remember much a year later ,
Well maybe they should have another look in case they missed C . My point
is that they had reportedly traced and spoken to everyone. There is even a pic of no entry woman in with these and they said she had been spoken to. I agree it is unlikely they will remember very much.

Well maybe they should have another look in case they missed C . My point
is that they had reportedly traced and spoken to everyone. There is even a pic of no entry woman in with these and they said she had been spoken to. I agree it is unlikely they will remember very much.

Maybe these are simply people he walked past or casually exchanged a few words with hours before he was last seen. It's very possible they don't expect anything to come of it but feel they have to be seen to have dotted every I and crossed every T.

This may be the last throw of the dice before the case goes cold.

Speaking from personal experience, yes they do, and the RAF contacted the police as they classed C as missing, not AWOL. Personnel aren't automatically AWOL if they don't arrive in work, their character and circumstances are considered as to why they aren't on duty (sorry for those who've read this before, but I had 2 cases of airmen not arriving in work, took several hours and phone calls to determine they'd been in car accidents travelling in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46