UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Martin McKeague .... acknowledged his son may have 'chosen to get in that bin that night - knowing what would happen'..

That makes no sense to me.
How would he have known that particular bin was due to be emptied shortly? It was the only one.
There are plenty of surer ways to commit suicide in any case.

That makes no sense to me.
How would he have known that particular bin was due to be emptied shortly? It was the only one.
There are plenty of surer ways to commit suicide in any case.

Suicide by bin doesn't seem very likely to me either.

"Martin McKeague claimed Corrie knew his girlfriend April Oliver was pregnant before and acknowledged his son may have 'chosen to get in that bin that night - knowing what would happen'...Martin, 49, spoke out as police prepare to announce tomorrow they are shelving the missing person probe and handing it to a cold case team."

What a bizarre idea, that Corrie had a "goodbye cruel world" moment and deliberately got into a bin to await being crushed. IF it happened as Martin speculates, then it maybe says something about Corrie's mental state and self-esteem that he saw himself as a piece of rubbish worthy only of being buried in the local tip.

Did the bouncer who 'ejected' C not say he was a nice guy who simply had too much to drink?

Well, it couldn't go on forever. Cold case team taking over. Maybe they will have more luck.

Why had his dad come out with this new theory now? Simply because the case is ending, let's throw another theory out there?

Why have N’s side of the family been so adamant that he didn’t suffer from depression?
I have the original post that UT put up on Alfie Ushers FYB Page asking for help looking for his “nephew who is depressed” and it’s common knowledge that he was under the DCMH here at Marham and was on reduced duties.
Did they feel that if he had been suicidal, people wouldn’t have searched as much as they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think N and her family like anything that may be perceived as negative said about them.
She has always seemed very controlling.

I do not think N and her family like anything that may be perceived as negative said about them.
She has always seemed very controlling.

Very much so. I do however find it odd that they released details of C's private life.

While I don't believe he got in the bin as a way of ending his life, but if his father is now coming out on record and saying its possible he could
have been in a place where he would have committed suicide then maybe he has done elsewhere. Its quite a strong statement to now make.

it really is difficult to understand how someones mind is working if you are in a dark place, and I guess a lot of people who are in that place don't talk about it to others. Who knows?

It is really sad that they have come to a dead end. He will be found eventually I think, but I don't anticipate it being anytime soon.

Why have N’s side of the family been so adamant that he didn’t suffer from depression?
I have the original post that UT put up on Alfie Ushers FYB Page asking for help looking for his “nephew who is depressed” and it’s common knowledge that he was under the DCMH here at Marham and was on reduced duties.
Did they feel that if he had been suicidal, people wouldn’t have searched as much as they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UT later claimed that C wasn't suffering from depression and he only said it on FYB as it was something fellow military would understand. I know events affect people differently, but given that It's not like C had worked in any stressful situations, my response was the army would be "yeah, it's depressing being a wannabe soldier in the RAF Regiment..."

I think the rest is semantics: C had been treated so he 'didn't suffer depresseion' (current tense), though he had been. Like 'finds himself in everyone's hearts...'; trying too hard.

While I don't believe he got in the bin as a way of ending his life, but if his father is now coming out on record and saying its possible he could
have been in a place where he would have committed suicide then maybe he has done elsewhere. Its quite a strong statement to now make.

it really is difficult to understand how someones mind is working if you are in a dark place, and I guess a lot of people who are in that place don't talk about it to others. Who knows?

I agree that these are very telling comments by Martin.

IF he's right, it strongly suggests he thinks Corrie was feeling trapped by April's pregnancy with no way out. Corrie was still in full Sir Shagalot mode and a baby would very possibly have been his worst nightmare. Add to that Nicola who, as another poster commented above, seems to be very controlling and you can easily imagine that Corrie would have been under immense pressure from the future grandmother once she became aware of the pregnancy.

Sir Shagalot :giggle: I think he'd approve!!

Hoping the cold case team can turn something new up, fresh eyes and all that.

I agree that these are very telling comments by Martin.

IF he's right, it strongly suggests he thinks Corrie was feeling trapped by April's pregnancy with no way out. Corrie was still in full Sir Shagalot mode and a baby would very possibly have been his worst nightmare. Add to that Nicola who, as another poster commented above, seems to be very controlling and you can easily imagine that Corrie would have been under immense pressure from the future grandmother once she became aware of the pregnancy.

And didn't his mum stress that C didn't know about the pregnancy? - his father now believes or knows that he did.

Is it possible for Corrie to have left the Horseshoe without being seen on CCTV?

Despite over 2000 hours of CCTV footage viewed Corrie is not seen on any of it. It is deemed almost impossible for Corrie to have left the horseshoe on foot without being seen.

That's not good enough for me.
"Almost" impossible = possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members