UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicola just posted to FB

Most will be aware that the police carried out a few more searches today. In the town centre of BSE and closing a stretch of road leaving BSE. Neither of these searches have brought any information at all that brings us closer to finding corrie. Thank you again for your continued support it means the world to us. Thank you so very much x x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks MidsummersDay....was hoping to see your mapping info as I'm on the morning catch-up downunder :cheers:

I'm still thinking what a I said a week ago, corrie had problems of some sort, heavy drinking , think that he was fealing lonely in bse , think that he planed the escape , maybe not but we know noting to say that he would not wat to eather end things or just vanish,

What i'm struggling with is that they have found no evidence in the bin area. So if the person who is seen leaving 4 minutes after is involved how is this possible.

That was ages ago , seams to be to many FB people turned up all of a sudden,

I've been following this from the start not from FB, I just joined the FB group recently like many people have and have been looking over old posts. I don't recall it being mentioned here that's why I asked the question :)

I've been following this from the start not from FB, I just joined the FB group recently like many people have and have been looking over old posts. I don't recall it being mentioned here that's why I asked the question :)

The social media rules here don't allow quoting/referencing posts by visitors to the FB group - only admin/family posts - which might be why you haven't seen that kind of thing discussed in any great detail.

something very strange going on conflicting storys by family, then police searching all over the place with no results,

What i'm struggling with is that they have found no evidence in the bin area. So if the person who is seen leaving 4 minutes after is involved how is this possible.

Well that man is evidence in my mind but maybe there is other evidence and like this hoodie man the Police aren't telling? All depends on who this man is and why the Police haven't ever mentioned him (my money would be because they already know/have someone in mind).

If they genuinely can't figure out who he is or trace him then why no public appeal? Makes no sense and I can't think of another UK example.

Well that man is evidence in my mind but maybe there is other evidence and like this hoodie man the Police aren't telling? All depends on who this man is and why the Police haven't ever mentioned him (my money would be because they already know/have someone in mind).

If they genuinely can't figure out who he is or trace him then why no public appeal? Makes no sense and I can't think of another UK example.

sorry i'm catching up, is there a second man then ?

The social media rules here don't allow quoting/referencing posts by visitors to the FB group - only admin/family posts - which might be why you haven't seen that kind of thing discussed in any great detail.

Yes that's right, but it was also mentioned by a family member or admin member to be checked out.

If the hooded man had been spoken to and cleared (and that's why police haven't shown the footage with him in it) I believe Tony would have specifically stated (once this footage came to light) that the man had been cleared.

That he hasn't said that is pretty telling to me. Either he's a suspect, or they haven't found him.

All I can think of is that when the footage was shown in the police hub that they didn't know who the man was, but maybe he or someone he knew recognised him, he came forward and talked to the police.

What I don't understand is if he's spoken to the police, then he either saw Corrie or he didn't. He's not been listed as the last confirmed sighting, but if he didn't see Corrie, then that implies that Corrie was not visible in the loading bay...gone into a building, in the bins, or left the area, all within 4 minutes of the last CCTV sighting.

It seems like important information...maybe the guy simply didn't remember after a few weeks, and so they couldn't list him as last confirmed sighting or confirm that Corrie may have left the loading bay, so they just didn't mention him at all?

Everything the police do release is so they can get information back to lead them to Corrie, it's not about satiating our curiosity, it's about getting information back to them, and if something isn't going to bring them information back, then there's no reason they would make it pubic.

If the hooded man had been spoken to and cleared (and that's why police haven't shown the footage with him in it) I believe Tony would have specifically stated (once this footage came to light) that the man had been cleared.

That he hasn't said that is pretty telling to me. Either he's a suspect, or they haven't found him.

As the main discussion thread on the hooded guy was deleted, it's interesting to note that Tony also said today:

"No problem with people taking screen shots and using them to share information easily to continue discussion.

All we would ask is that if we've deleted a post or thread, it's for a reason - repeating it may actually be damaging to the investigation activities."

Edit: Although his comment may not have been related at all! The guy might have just been leaving his flat and heading off to work for an early shift.

I can't help but wonder what the situation would be if the "hooded man", was actually a hooded boy, under the age of 16, legally would the police be allowed to show his face to the public?

I have followed this investigation closely and it has definitely been a strange one. The news yesterday of the hooded person leaving the scene yet another strange aspect to it. If police/family didn't want this to go public then why show it in the hub?

I wonder if they have been waiting for the hooded man to come forward

I can't help but wonder what the situation would be if the "hooded man", was actually a hooded boy, under the age of 16, legally would the police be allowed to show his face to the public?

Good point.

Tony might also have been referring to screenshots of comments the family have made on other FB pages and some people may have shared them around, and then other people on FB (non-family members) may have said that sharing those posts might not be good etiquette.

Tony also said, in relation to the hooded guy (sounds so much more scary this way than a man in dark jeans and a dark sweatshirt, doesn't it?) that he didn't want people spreading information as if it was a fact when the facts might not be complete. As I suggested earlier, 4 minutes later on the hub footage might not have been 4 minutes later in real time.

As the main discussion thread on the hooded guy was deleted, it's interesting to note that Tony also said today:

"No problem with people taking screen shots and using them to share information easily to continue discussion.

All we would ask is that if we've deleted a post or thread, it's for a reason - repeating it may actually be damaging to the investigation activities."

Edit: Although his comment may not have been related at all! The guy might have just been leaving his flat and heading off to work for an early shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95