UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony might also have been referring to screenshots of comments the family have made on other FB pages and some people may have shared them around, and then other people on FB (non-family members) may have said that sharing those posts might not be good etiquette.

Yes, that's what it was in reference to - specifically, the comment Nicola made re the phone being in the bin was posted originally on another FB page and the screenshot posted on the group, as we already know.

Tony also said, in relation to the hooded guy (sounds so much more scary this way than a man in dark jeans and a dark sweatshirt, doesn't it?) that he didn't want people spreading information as if it was a fact when the facts might not be complete. As I suggested earlier, 4 minutes later on the hub footage might not have been 4 minutes later in real time.

I think this is a really good point. Really easy for them to clear up too though! If the footage is being shown in public in BSE, it's obviously not a secret ... so surely easy to clear up any confusion with a simple statement? "This person was seen on CCTV leaving the area x minutes after Corrie entered. That person has been spoken to and eliminated / We are still trying to contact that person and ask them to come forward."

the family statement changes from day to day so it's not reliable information

If the hooded man was involved then there must have been a vehicle used at some point, I cannot believe that Corrie would still be in that area. If the phone did end up in the bin then you would assume something happened in that location for the phone to be taken from Corrie. I think Corrie enters a vehicle and maybe something happens inside hence no apparent evidence in the area.

There is a bit of a discussion going on at the moment on the group (on Nicola's most recent main post) where someone has a slightly different take on the footage. Hoping there is an official response from Nicola or Tony about this soon, as it may well be a big fuss about not very much.

Edit: In particular, the 4 minutes might not be correct.

There is a bit of a discussion going on at the moment on the group (on Nicola's most recent main post) where someone has a slightly different take on the footage. Hoping there is an official response from Nicola or Tony about this soon, as it may well be a big fuss about not very much.

hopefully a reply and they won't delete comment and block peaple like normally happens

Yes, just been reading it myself and it is becoming a farce with the Police not issuing a statement and the family not sure what to say. The pitfalls of having a completely open Facebook page on one side and the Police silent on the other.

My take on the comment you refer to is that it is a compilation of clips put together by the Police early on of all people entering/leaving the bin area if not the general area. Could cover 8 hours or more of time.

Like you say this should have been put to bed by now if it was a misunderstanding by the the person that made the comment yesterday. That it hasn't gives an insight into why the family have been so frustrated with the investigation...

I think we can reasonably accept that given the evidence and limited facts that have been provided, Corrie's mobile phone went into the bin. The bin lorry's speed, direction, and timings suggest that his phone went towards the Barton Mills mobile phone mast at approximately 0430.

The question now HAS to be;
How did Corrie's Nokia mobile phone end up in the bin?
It MUST have been placed into the bin by someone.
Who placed the mobile phone in the bin?
Why was Corrie's phone placed in the bin?

Just tried to remove my soft lace up boots, jeans and buttoned shirt and put them back on whilst standing on the soft boots in the dark. I did that three times and I'm sober. It took on average 2 mins 10 secs for each one.

Just tried to remove my soft lace up boots, jeans and buttoned shirt and put them back on whilst standing on the soft boots in the dark. I did that three times and I'm sober. It took on average 2 mins 10 secs for each one.

Wait...what? Are you thinking a change of clothes might have happened?

Wait...what? Are you thinking a change of clothes might have happened?

I had thought this when we first heard about the guy in dark clothing, because it would certainly make most sense if it was Corrie disappearing given what we know.
But Tony confirmed earlier today (I'm sure it's quoted a few pages back) that they are certain it wasn't Corrie in different clothing leaving the area. But as with everything in this case it could change by next week, tomorrow or even by the time I've finished my cup of tea!

It may sound daft but would it be possible he may have put the clothes in over the original outfit ? I'm not saying that's what happened but just looking at all angles :/ , keeping up with the posts constantly but with the varying accounts /lack of info / confusing info from Facebook etc I've not been able to add much that hasn't been discussed 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Another newbie here though not unfamiliar with this as I live in BSE.
I have only read this thread on here so far so don't know if this has been suggested elsewhere but what if the hoodie man has left the area ?
Not an impossibilty if he for example went to court the following week and was sentenced to a prison term?
I know it sounds far fetched but who knows? It is possible.

*First post - delete or tell me to delete if I'm completely off track*

Using this line of thought raises more questions than answers, imo.

1. If planning on going AWOL why do it from the busiest part of town with many cameras.
2. Why get drunk.
3. Why sit down and fall asleep.
4. Clothing would have to be pre-planted to change into.

Very odd case though, so who knows. I think it will ultimately boil down to the information the police haven't released.

the family statement changes from day to day so it's not reliable information

I think there's a danger, what with the near silence from the police and the constant chopping and changing by the family, of alienating the public and them just switching off.

With the information that's been released I find it very difficult to believe the police have no leads.

So they can establish he didn't leave on foot because he wasn't seen on cctv, he's not still in the alleyway so he must've have left in a vehicle captured on cctv whether that's willingly as a passenger or not so willingly.

The hooded man only now being brought to light shows there is far more going on than what's being talked about and the deleted posts today show that it's not something that should be being publicly discussed for whatever reason.

I have to agree with much of the speculation on here, it's not really a case of what's happened in my view and more a case of gaining evidence/establishing what they appear to believe is fact. Even more so with specific search areas cropping up.

What I find odd is that this man in dark clothing is brought up on Facebook, Nicola says she'll check with police to see if they know about it (although it was on their own CCTV footage running at the police kiosk).

Then immediately after this, police start searching again in Bury center. Is it possible police really hadn't followed up on the guy walking out 4 minutes after Corey on CCTV?? How would that even be possible?

Nicola says she'll check with police to see if they know about it (although it was on their own CCTV footage running at the police kiosk).

In fairness, Nicola said she'd ask police for an update on it, not to see if they knew about it - 'I will ask police for an update on this question'

Cynical perhaps, but I sometimes wonder if some questions are deliberately left unanswered just to keep everyone talking, create a buzz etc. - from a social media / awareness point of view.

Edit: Particularly as Tony said a few weeks back that they were getting 'expert advice' from these guys.

I

Edit: Particularly as Tony said a few weeks back that they were getting 'expert advice' from these guys.

I was surprised that nobody seemed to pick up on getting help from an anti-terrorist organization back when that was reported. I noticed that right away.

What I don't understand is why are they still carrying out foot searches as if he walked back to camp (or in the opposite direction for some reason) when they have clearly 100% stated he never walked out of that area behind greggs.

They say he went in a vehicle.

They say his phone was not on him at the time it travelled to barton mills area. I find this information odd, as how do they know 100% his phone was not on him.

We also haven't heard anything else about this unconfirmed sighting around the sugarbeet factory.

They are only interested is sightings from 3:24am - 8am so they must be certain of something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member