UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family must have control of his facebook account (though I am suprised they haven't closed it) So at least they can go through messenger etc. I notice Corrie had a five week holiday last year "lanzarote and will be sailing to rio de janeiro , stopping of at el salvador and cape verde" so not short of a bob or two? I also notice that he has only been in the RAF since early 2014 and with no. 2 sqn since last November so still a relative Newcomer. I can also see that he was angry at the Scottish Independance vote so it is possible that a vocal Pro Scottish independance lad can easily upset his mainly English peers and perhaps even more so after the EU vote.

I'm not sure it was a "terrible aspersion" but a realistic suggestion. (The someone might have been me) Over the past 20 years we've seen a tremendous "normalisation" of the sex industry and young people these days don't seem to look on sex work in the same way as we older folks do. Many students are using sex work to help pay their way through university, for instance:

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...dents-sex-work-living-costs-tuition-fee-debts
The comment was made as a 'what if' no one knows Corrie but himself. You look at the Facebook and he is short of being painted a saint. For a young person who is dabbling with his sexuality. The FB page makes it very difficult for him to come back. Maybe he just left base, there was a comment on FB that some of his collegues think he went awol. To get that he would have had to said something. We all assume we know him, we dont neither can anything be ruled out.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'll have to disagree with you there. Having lived near many military bases, you can tell the military guys at a glance out of uniform. The hair, the walk, it's really so obvious.

But Corrie was drunk and not walking in his usual manner.

Besides, terrorism has all but been ruled out. Terrorists don't kidnap someone and say nothing....that would be a completely pointless exercise because no-one would know it was a terrorist attack.

The family must have control of his facebook account (though I am suprised they haven't closed it) So at least they can go through messenger etc. I notice Corrie had a five week holiday last year "lanzarote and will be sailing to rio de janeiro , stopping of at el salvador and cape verde" so not short of a bob or two? I also notice that he has only been in the RAF since early 2014 and with no. 2 sqn since last November so still a relative Newcomer. I can also see that he was angry at the Scottish Independance vote so it is possible that a vocal Pro Scottish independance lad can easily upset his mainly English peers and perhaps even more so after the EU vote.

Theyd only have control of his facebook if they know his password, though....

I was just thinking that if you are a lorry driver and gay/bi, a hookup site next to an established lorry parkup layby is possibly one you would choose overnight rather than one that wasn't.

So active round the clock to varying degrees - thanks.

My dad is a lorry driver and he constantly gets badgered by men in lay-bys offering him sexual acts. He says is absolutely discussing the things he sees them doing. I wont go into detail but he little said its mad! They knock on the doors of the cab and get their bits out. So wrong! He even said his seen drivers take up the offer [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the family would make his Facebook private. the trip to Brazil was through the RAF.

The trip would have been funded partly by the RAF. They get offered alot of travel opportunities which they only have to out abit of money towards. Happens over all military.

The lanzarote trip i think was to see his dad? As he lived and worked abroad until recently.

Also the joining the RAF thing i think is a family tradition of sorts. His grandfather was in for the full term and uncle tony also. Not that this matters in anyway shape or form. Just info.

I find it odd that he supposedly always goes home alone. But then a lot of the things the family claim are normal for Corrie are not things that I would do. I have wondered if he was heading to a brothel of some sort down that alleyway and something went wrong. The whole case is very confusing and the facts change by the day. I'm struggling to make much sense out of it.
I agree that the facts are changing everyday. People are asking questions now about behaviour and comments. Making cross references and saying 'wait a minute'. There was a interesting comment on FB about the bin, very thorough but the aggression the observer got was because no one wanted to hear what she said. It will be interesting to see what people make of the body language of the interviews.

But Corrie was drunk and not walking in his usual manner.

Besides, terrorism has all but been ruled out. Terrorists don't kidnap someone and say nothing....that would be a completely pointless exercise because no-one would know it was a terrorist attack.

Tony has disagreed with that statement, that terrorists *always* announce it.

I agree that the facts are changing everyday. People are asking questions now about behaviour and comments. Making cross references and saying 'wait a minute'. There was a interesting comment on FB about the bin, very thorough but the aggression the observer got was because no one wanted to hear what she said. It will be interesting to see what people make of the body language of the interviews.

You have got to understand the person. This is vital. Background. Recent activity. Personality. All those things help to determine what has happened here. Its the base every investigation should take 1st.

I'm not sure it was a "terrible aspersion" but a realistic suggestion. (The someone might have been me) Over the past 20 years we've seen a tremendous "normalisation" of the sex industry and young people these days don't seem to look on sex work in the same way as we older folks do. Many students are using sex work to help pay their way through university, for instance:

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...dents-sex-work-living-costs-tuition-fee-debts

Apologies...I wasn't referring to you - I was making reference to my own comment in case Corrie's family ever read this group, and felt offended by my suggestion.

i don't judge anyone. If two consenting adultswant to offer/give sex for money, that's their business. In just the same way it's not my business if someone is straight/gay/bi. I'm not interested - I'm only interested in the person - not what they do in bed, with whom, or if they get paid for it.

Sorry, to clarify my statement above - Tony disagrees with the commonly held belief that terrorists always announce an abduction. He of course works in that area, and posited several different scenarios where that wouldn't be the case. That there's been no announcement cannot, in itself, rule anything out in that line.

Tony has disagreed with that statement, that terrorists *always* announce it.

Well the police don't go with that view, and the fact remains that Corrie appeared to be meeting someone that night. That's almost certain. And you don't arrange to be kidnapped.

I think the family played it down as normal behaviour at the beginning because they wanted to protect him which is completely understandable. We all would do the same.

But the behaviour is anything but normal.

He must have been waiting for someone, pre arranged, via an app, which cant be traced without the phone, he went willingly, and its ended badly. Or his still with this person and they are keeping him captive. Or this person got what they wanted and dropped him off somewhere and then something happened, an accident and his in a ditch.

No body found, no clues, no sightings, no phone. Nothing.

They need to narrow down vehicles and thats going to take time. But I do think they are onto it.

Apologies...I wasn't referring to you - I was making reference to my own comment in case Corrie's family ever read this group, and felt offended by my suggestion.

i don't judge anyone. If two consenting adultswant to offer/give sex for money, that's their business. In just the same way it's not my business if someone is straight/gay/bi. I'm not interested - I'm only interested in the person - not what they do in bed, with whom, or if they get paid for it.

Oh, no problem. No offence taken at all. It's a delicate area and whatever modern euphemism one might like to use the reality is that we are talking about prostitution, and I imagine parents of a disappeared student (for example) would be horrified to discover that their child was a prostitute. No difference, I'm sure, for parents of any disappeared young adult. And yet, as the article in the Grauniad shows, it's very common. What surprised me is not how common it is overall, but that young men engage in it more than young women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes