UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very strange to have a flash car but old worthless phone.

Maybe not, i love my gadgets, tech and sporty cars but have never bothered about my mobile phones, as long as it runs a couple of the apps i use, txts and makes/receives calls im happy.

Just to add....200,000 people go missing each year in the U.K., and they're not all RAF.

i think part of the problem is too much emphasis is being put on supposition when no-one really has a clue.

like those thousands of other people who go missing each year, Corrie has too. Going on the scant information released and the CCTV it looks very likely that Corrie arranged a rendezvous with someone in the early hours. That seems almost guaranteed.

Whatever happened in that encounter nobody knows - and maybe never will.

its painful but probable that it transpires Corrie came to harm by accident, or meeting up with an oddball, and if or when the facts come out everyone will think how simple and obvious his disappearance was.

Just to add....200,000 people go missing each year in the U.K., and they're not all RAF.

i think part of the problem is too much emphasis is being put on supposition when no-one really has a clue.

like those thousands of other people who go missing each year, Corrie has too. Going on the scant information released and the CCTV it looks very likely that Corrie arranged a rendezvous with someone in the early hours. That seems almost guaranteed.

its painful but probable that it transpires Corrie came to harm by accident, or meeting up with an oddball, and if or when the facts come out everyone will think how simple and obvious his disappearance was.

Could not agree more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you totally, sometimes unusual things happen but mostly there's a much more simple explanation

The lack of concrete facts is bound to lead to theories and speculation and the truth is we just don't know and as far as we've been told no one else does either.

If the police do have some leads they would appear not to be very strong ones and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the ubiquitous dog walker finally ends this. But, hey, I don't know anything either so I'll still be reading along as all the other theories are possible too

<modsnip>

Secondly addressing the 'others' on the forum:
Shortbrackland is a two way road system for vehicular traffic. It's used predominantly by domestic traffic for the majority of its length. The last few hundred yards however is used by LGV/HGV traffic to supply services to the commercial sites at the turnaround area (the bins). If you drive an LGV/HGV down the entire length of Shortbrackland it goes without saying that a turnaround must be available at the bottom near the bin area which it is otherwise you would have to reverse back up again causing chaos. The turning area is 'just' big enough.
A Vulture refuse vehicle has a typical footprint for a HGV and turning it around in that location is doable with care. MORE IMPORTANTLY, the size of it when reversed towards the bin area for easy egress back down Shortbrackland is tall and long and just about blocks the entire CCTV viewing area. The domestic vehicles (cars) sitting adjacent to the 'bin lorry' have easy access along the entire length of Shortbrackland (save the odd house CCTV) without being seen.
Put simply, a vehicle OR pedestrian DOES have easy egress from the bin area without being seen on CCTV. It's so simple and I can't understand why it's not been picked up on before?

SPECULATIVE SCENARIO ONE:
Corrie is waiting for his lift at 0324 (finishing time for clubs etc is 0330). Knowing that there is free parking and space, Corrie's prearranged lift parks their car adjacent to the bins prior to their start of work that night. Take a look at my previous post images. By the time they've finished work, stock taken, swept up, tidied up, cleared and walked to their car its going up towards 0350 just about when the bin lorry and CCTV masking agent has arrived. They get in and wait for Corrie to settle as he's worse for wear. They exit the bin area and pull over a few hundred yards away. The bin lorry overtakes them and is now on-route down Shortbrackland but the driver is stuck behind it (maybe for comfort) all the way to Barton Mills area where the driver is possibly accommodated.
This scenario suggests an inexperienced driver or someone who doesn't want to get caught drink driving hence the comfort comment.

SPECULATIVE SCENARIO 2:
Corrie is waiting for his prearranged lift at 0330. At 0350 just about when the bin lorry and CCTV masking agent has arrives, Corrie walks down Shortbrackland to look for his lift. He's missed by the CCTV as he's behind the the refuse vehicle. He finds his lift, enters the vehicle but takes a few moments to settle. The bin lorry overtakes them and is now on-route down Shortbrackland and the driver is stuck behind it for comfort all the way to Barton Mills area where the driver is accommodated.
This scenario also suggests an inexperienced driver or someone who doesn't want to get caught drink driving hence the comfort comment.

Thirdly his phone:
Time moves on rapidly these days with regards to military attitudes. That said, I definitely wouldn't want to take a £600 comms kit out into the bondhu when a cheap Mk1 Nokia with an untraceable pay as you go phone card would do the trick. He was probably using it as it had his mates contact details on for the night out, he's in a modified 'field' remember? He wouldn't care if he'd inadvertently dropped it in some cardboard or waste as it would lock instantly for security purposes and he has another one anyway! He realises he's lost or dropped it in the rubbish box adjacent to the bin when it's too late and either scenario 1 or scenario 2 lift follows the bin lorry towards Barton Mills!

Nothing in the whole nights events sounds or seems unusual to me. I've done it and got the t shirt. Per Ardua.

So... Corrie "could have slept there" and his phone goes missing.

And THIS is the night he goes missing ? Seriously ?

James are your use of quotation marks real quotes? I'm just trying to catch up on the thread and you seem to use them a lot, just trying to gage if you are actually quoting the family or police or if you are using them in some other context? :)

Some UK missing stats for you from the last few years:

An estimated 250,000 are reported missing each year, of which around 140,000 are children
c.91% of cases resolved within 48 hours
c.99% resolved within a year

So that means about 2500 are NOT resolved within a year - doesn't that sound like a lot?! 7 people each day (incl 3 or 4 kids) go missing in the UK and are still not found a year later? Why are we not busier here?!

Interestingly, Corrie is not listed on missingpeople.org - why would that be???

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find.html

I just read further up in here that some of Corrie's colleagues feel that an AWOL isn't out of the question. I wondered where that has come from as I haven't seen that written anywhere else?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 105
Theyd only have control of his facebook if they know his password, though....

I have read on the Facebook page that Nicola has control on the pof page and I'm sure Facebook also (hence why Corrie is a member of the find Corrie page)

Corries profile (or Corrie if you like) has been "added" to the Find Corrie page rather than joined it, thats why it shows him as a member.

I'd like to know how Uncle Tony tested whether a person could evade the cameras if walking. Did they have someone in the control room and someone else repeating the walk in all possible directions and under all possible rotations of the cameras or is there some electronic way to do it that doesn't need actual field testing?

I am wondering what's going on behind the scenes with being permitted to search USAF Mildenhall. I can imagine it would be a sensitive matter to approach and I'm fairly sure that even though the base is in the UK, the US run it by their laws and would likely have their own ways of "approaching things". Having lived on base for a year, several years ago, it is like a "mini-America". They use dollars, have American food shipped in for the grocery stores, everything is as it is in the States.
I know that when I used to come and go from the base, our car wasn't always searched, it was only done maybe one in every 5 times....can you see where I may be going with this?

Giving Corrie a way out
In one of the original interviews Tony has made he indicates that 'if he has gone awol its a storm in teacup.' From this interview the Family thought he may have thought whatever is weighing Corrie down it may be enough for him to bolt. What they didnt anticipate was a FB page gaining a following of over 60k people searching, praying, Nan's out with their dog's searching. Had FB not been started he could of come back with a slap on his wrists from his unit. A stern talk from Uncle Tony about forces commitment. Ect. The longer he left it the longer it was for him to come back. The story has gone from a storm in a teacup to terrorists to Rememberance Day. Nothing, so now people are asking questions. What if the power of social media painted the family into a corner where Corries behaviour is being questioned. So how would Corrie come back with 60 + k people not hating him for leading them on a merry way. A different slant on this terrible siruation.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

James are your use of quotation marks real quotes? I'm just trying to catch up on the thread and you seem to use them a lot, just trying to gage if you are actually quoting the family or police or if you are using them in some other context? :)

No, just for emphasis or to paraphrase what has been said or implied. Sorry if it's confusing. It's just habit.

Yeah I'm. Sure I read on the fb page that the uncle said that if he had left on foot from.the bay cctv would have picked him.up. maybe wrong

yes, note the wording though, Tony is very clever remember. You are right when you say Tony said if he had left on foot CCTV would have picked him up. He didn't say that it didn't pick him up though. That may have been said originally, but since the MIT has come on board and analysed all that extra CCTV footage the police hadn't got round to no-one has said he hasn't been picked up on camera leaving since then, just Tonys statement that he would have been seen. its just been assumed there's been no further sightings since, purely because no new information has been released.

I agree with the previous poster (sorry, cant remember who you are) that said the police may have a suspect in mind already. I think they probably have seen something more on camera, and seen how he left, they're just keeping their cards close to their chest.

I am wondering what's going on behind the scenes with being permitted to search USAF Mildenhall. I can imagine it would be a sensitive matter to approach and I'm fairly sure that even though the base is in the UK, the US run it by their laws and would likely have their own ways of "approaching things". Having lived on base for a year, several years ago, it is like a "mini-America". They use dollars, have American food shipped in for the grocery stores, everything is as it is in the States.
I know that when I used to come and go from the base, our car wasn't always searched, it was only done maybe one in every 5 times....can you see where I may be going with this?

I have found myself thinking the exact same thing, despite not wanting to think it. I can't help thinking that the answer to Corrie's disappearance lies at one of the bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme