UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have her exact quote and/or the context? I can't see any quotes from Nicola with the word 'distressing' having been posted on the threads here (only search results for 'distressing' on thread #2 are referring to it having been previously mentioned on here... nothing at all comes up on thread #1).

The only quote I can find is this one from Nicola:

"Corrie clearly did not plan to sleep. He sat down to eat his food. As you can see from the clip he dropped a bit of food as he was walking (3 second rule applied) so he has sat down to eat and then fallen asleep. The last sight of him on cctv is from behind. There is no reason the police haven't shown it. They have just picked the best. He could simply have gone for a pee and placed his phone on the bin and forgotten it.... That's not really the issue. It's that after 0324 corrie has completely evaded every single person and cctv in bery. Not one person has seen him anywhere. Is this because he has left in a vehicle?"
No I don't sorry. Lots of comments have been removed, I tried to find it before but couldn't I'm afraid.

Yes, that's right. I remember that being the word used, too, and it's only recently changed to distressing, but I think it happened through Chinese Whispers.

Or it might have been put together by hypothesising that it might have been undignified footage, therefore could cause distress to the family to watch it considering the context. But what you have said is what I remember.

Before the 3.25am cctv was released there was confusion about the time of the first bit of cctv and people questioning why wasn't 3.25am released. I pointed out that it could have been that the last footage of him after being asleep in a doorway could be undignifying. I think this has somehow warped into people believing the doorway footage is distressing.

So I've read the latest update from Suffolk Police and there is one thing that contradicts what the family have said.

Suffolk Police said:
Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said; “We have to keep an open mind as there is no key line of enquiry to take us in any one direction. We can’t rule anything out and therefore we have to continue to investigate all possibilities. Despite extensive searches, CCTV viewing, media appeals and many behind the scenes enquiries we still do not have a lead which takes us forward. Many theories are being explored and work is ongoing to trace everyone who was in the area around the key time as they may have information that may help.

BBM.

And this from the 'The Vehicles' update on the find Corrie website:

From the area Corrie was last seen, there is more than one vehicle of interest. One of which is the Bin Lorry, which has already been seized and forensically investigated.
Other vehicles remain unaccounted for. We are unable to share the CCTV.

This strongly implies that there were vehicles on Short Brackland. It doesn't specify times but surely these are leads if they are on CCTV?

So why no public appeal for say make/model/colour of cars?

It just baffles me that the language from the Suffolk Police says they have nothing to go on. If this is really the case and they aren't holding anything back then are they effectively dismissing/eliminating the CCTV the family are talking about?

The police didn't say they have nothing to go on, they just don't have enough evidence to move the investigation forward.

The police didn't say they have nothing to go on, they just don't have enough evidence to move the investigation forward.

Officers have been working to locate all individuals and vehicles seen in the area in the early hours and have spoken to dozens of people, however we know there are still some who haven’t come forward or been traced and we would continue to ask anyone in the vicinity that morning to come forward.

From the police update, this suggest to me that they are referring to the vehicles that th family are looking for. I think they are just being non-committal

I highlighted the exact wording in my post. If the cars the family refer to exist on CCTV and the Police haven't been able to trace them and nobody has come forward surely the next logical step
is they make a public appeal? They did for the teenagers and man in black t-shirt.....

I can't comprehend the reluctance.

Thats what i cant understand.what can have happened in that doorway that was "distressing" i think understandably the family are trying to protect his reputation but i fear the way we are only given half the story is not in their interests.if he had a pee in the doorway he had another reason then to go to the bin area (and for no reason whatsover the poo word came to mind.
bad tummy after all that food ?

And it appears that they didnt give him a lift into town due to a "misunderstanding" i think you could be right.if he accidentally lost his phone as well,had a long walk home ahead in darkness who knows what he was thinking.

Thats what i cant understand.what can have happened in that doorway that was "distressing" i think understandably the family are trying to protect his reputation but i fear the way we are only given half the story is not in their interests.if he had a pee in the doorway he had another reason then to go to the bin area (and for no reason whatsover the poo word came to mind.
bad tummy after all that food ?

Looking at the next bit of CCTV (when he walks to the bin), there's no obvious sign of a mess on his clothes as far as I can see. So if anything 'distressing' was seen on the doorway CCTV (vomit ... the other end ... etc.), it wasn't anything that left an obvious stain!

I think Nicola's quoted comment of it just being 'not the best view of him' sounds quite reasonable. I know we'd all like to see it out of curiosity and to see if it gives us any more clues, but I expect the police would only release it if it would benefit their investigation to do so.

I know. Its very strange i have read that people were going up to him to see if he was ok ,as anyone would .yes perhaps it is but why use the word "distressing"

I know Corrie's phone remains missing still. I was just wondering whether it would have been possible for the police to obtain information on Corrie's phone via the phone provider such as last calls, contents of last texts etc?

You would think..with the phone hacking over the years. Even the icloud.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Personally i think the family have tried to stick to "their story" but then snippets have come out where they have had to change it.Understandbly they want their son to be seen in a good light but sitting drinking in his car, being thrown out of a club, lying in a doorway doesnt fit with that image.

I have followed the page religously but have still missed bits because there is so much to trawl through.indeed i was surprised to read Nicolas statement where she said he was drinking in his car beforehand.So it is easy to miss things

Looking at the next bit of CCTV (when he walks to the bin), there's no obvious sign of a mess on his clothes as far as I can see. So if anything 'distressing' was seen on the doorway CCTV (vomit ... the other end ... etc.), it wasn't anything that left an obvious stain!

I think Nicola's quoted comment of it just being 'not the best view of him' sounds quite reasonable. I know we'd all like to see it out of curiosity and to see if it gives us any more clues, but I expect the police would only release it if it would benefit their investigation to do so.
Having had loads to drink in a short space and if there was a time before drinking sessions it may have been too much. The fresh air, he may have just been sick. Then passes out for two hours. In the investigation..not that relevant other than he is beginning to sober up at 3 ish.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have followed from day one.nicola definitely used those words.they may have been deleted since

I know Corrie's phone remains missing still. I was just wondering whether it would have been possible for the police to obtain information on Corrie's phone via the phone provider such as last calls, contents of last texts etc?
Yes they absolutely would be able to access all this even without the phone.

I have followed from day one.nicola definitely used those words.they may have been deleted since
Well if there is no actual proof she said it we'll have to discount the quote then.

Yes they absolutely would be able to access all this even without the phone.

Absolutely. And his Nokia is a Windows phone, so if he had location services enabled (which he may unfortunately not have) the police would have been able to see a pretty accurate map of the phone's last known location via the Microsoft 'find my device' service which can be accessed on the web. May explain why the landfill was never searched.

I can't help the strong feeling I have that we can actually see the 'altercation' on the last CCTV when Corrie passes Celebrity Nails doorway, where a man is standing. I see Corrie shoot a glance in his direction and wonder if he is saying something, he does not look happy. And another glance over his shoulder at the same spot. IMOO the cctv of that area should be scoured for whoever frequencies that spot. (We are all creatures of habit) on a regular basis. Short dark haired man. He was there, he knows but has not come forward.

I feel that this a local issue and that any third party involvement would be with someone Corrie knew. Maybe he had unfinished business with someone in the club and was waiting around for them and did indeed meet them. Or he could have had a good reason for refusing a lift with the American but he was determined to give Corrie a lift and drove around looking for him. Things could have got out of hand or he could been given a lift and dropped off somewhere out of the way and had an accident. Not just a case of where are you Corrie? but more so of what happened and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justiceduck