Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, TruthWillOut -

I think some of us hearing the term "horseshoe" pictured it a little differently in our heads. For myself, I truly thought it referred to the entire alley area between those buildings in which Corrie walked - meaning he had to come out the same way he went in. I had pictured it as a darkened, dead-end and in hearing the volume of foot traffic in that area, it sounded like it would be a great place for drug activity. But after seeing that it could be part of a common pedestrian cut-through, it's totally changed my thoughts. I didn't mean to be thick on it, just had the wrong image in my head and couldn't make sense of the conversation based on my image :)

Sorry, calo. Didn't mean for my post to come across so badly! Check this streetview link to what the area really looks like: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1si22-BKZF60SngbCQwG7Kkg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Awww you guys!! Thanks for reading it - feels like it's how threads should be done and I've never known a member go 'above and beyond' like that. That, and the Becky Watts thread, are great examples of how we should conduct ourselves, in my opinion, and it's cases that those that keep me here.

I've never posted before now but follow and enjoy everyones opinions and teamwork to narrow things down on WS and have to agree I also read the thread link you gave and HH was truly amazing so thank you.

I am giving an Occam's Razor thought here -

Could it be that Corrie dropped his phone after that last call without realising it ?

Wandered around, into the bin area for a wee then slipped out of there as the bin lorry arrived/left ? Could he have been hidden by the lorry as he was exiting ?

He starts to make his way home, but gets disorientated and has an accident/fall?

I read the Lark was searched, but looking at google maps The Linnet runs many courses close to where he was last seen, and though maybe only a stream looks as if it has some very deep overgrown, narrow ditches.

I

Could it be that Corrie dropped his phone after that last call without realising it ?

Wandered around, into the bin area for a wee then slipped out of there as the bin lorry arrived/left ? Could he have been hidden by the lorry as he was exiting ?

He starts to make his way home, but gets disorientated and has an accident/fall?

I read the Lark was searched, but looking at google maps The Linnet runs many courses close to where he was last seen, and though maybe only a stream looks as if it has some very deep overgrown, narrow ditches.

I

Hi
Tony alludes to the fact that Corrie couldn't have left the horseshoe and then subsequently, the town centre without being captured on either the inner or outer ring of CCTV.
I'm guessing that potentially the bin lorry could have obscured him from one camera but only the one. I get the impression that Tony feels Corrie would still have been captured on CCTV elsewhere after leaving the bins.
However, I wouldn't discount your theory and as someone has previously said, quite often the simplest explanation is the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

Even if he did bypass the cctv in the bay he would have been picked up en route leaving the city. He didn't so he didn't leave on foot. Corrie entered the bay at 3.25ish. While there is no confirmed time the bin lorry arrived and left ) unless I missed it) the consensus it that it's between 4-4.30 so he'd have to have hung around for a fair while to be hidden by the lorry on cctv.

Nicola has confirmed lakes and rivers have been waded but hasn't xonfirmed which ones. Given the proximity of the linnet I would think it's very likely it's been searched.

I

I wondered if he left it in the doorway along with his takeaway cartons. Someone saw it, picked it up, realised it wasn't worth much and chucked it in the nearest bin as they walked along. It really does sound like it probably ended up in that bin lorry somehow. Is there footage of someone a) picking it up from the doorway, then b) going off camera for a few seconds in the bin area.

Hello all I'm new so please bare with me if I don't get how to do things lol

I have followed the Corrie story from beginning and ive also read the rules in here hope I have got them right or I wont be lasting long :)

Thing that gets me is the phone how can we really say he had is phone on him at all. My sons are similar age there constantly on there phone when on a night out walking around the town still phone in hand yet corrie had hands in pockets.

Yes he is ment to have sent this picture message to friend/family but unless it was a picture of him how do you know he didn't lend his phone to a mate in the club then he got thrown out didn't get chance to get his phone back. That's my question really and hello everyone :)

I've never posted before now but follow and enjoy everyones opinions and teamwork to narrow things down on WS and have to agree I also read the thread link you gave and HH was truly amazing so thank you.

First post - welcome!! Nice to know Corrie & Susan prompted you out of lurkdom! Some more UK cases at link:

I wondered if he left it in the doorway along with his takeaway cartons. Someone saw it, picked it up, realised it wasn't worth much and chucked it in the nearest bin as they walked along. It really does sound like it probably ended up in that bin lorry somehow. Is there footage of someone a) picking it up from the doorway, then b) going off camera for a few seconds in the bin area.

That's an excellent point however they have cctv of Corrie in the doorway so I guess would know if it's a possibilty.

Hello all I'm new so please bare with me if I don't get how to do things lol

I have followed the Corrie story from beginning and ive also read the rules in here hope I have got them right or I wont be lasting long :)

Thing that gets me is the phone how can we really say he had is phone on him at all. My sons are similar age there constantly on there phone when on a night out walking around the town still phone in hand yet corrie had hands in pockets.

Yes he is ment to have sent this picture message to friend/family but unless it was a picture of him how do you know he didn't lend his phone to a mate in the club then he got thrown out didn't get chance to get his phone back. That's my question really and hello everyone :)

The is cctv footage of Corrie in the doorway so you can assume he is visible sending the message. The message itself was a picture of him and his brother so not a recently taken photo and was part of a previous continuing conversation.

The doorway would have been dark so cctv could perhaps show it being lit up slightly with the light from his phone.

I'd assume if they can ascertain he was eating and sleeping also as well as being talking to by someone it's light enough to make out details. But I'm not sure on the street lighting in the area.

Am I right in thinking that if the cctv had only been checked up until 8 am on the Saturday morning then there is a 'chance' that once they have looked at the cctv after that time they will see Corrie walking out of there at, say, 8:30 am? Seems crazy that they've only checked up to 8am, though I can understand why from Tonys explanation.

im still struggling to get to grips with the fact that no family member/friend/colleague had thought it strange that they had heard nothing from Corrie via phone or social media until Monday morning. Especially considering he was actively texting/talking on the phone to people throughout the whole Friday up until even the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police must be very sure that Corrie left by 8am otherwise the cctv after then would have been checked by now

It was me who asked Nicola on the find Corrie FB page about the phone. Basically I stated that surely they should be searching a 3.5mile at least radius in all directions of Barton mills given that the phone pinged and could be in any direction up to 5km of the mast. From her reply it does sound as if he wasn't with his phone tbh. This was the impression I got anyway. I also asked her, if she had time to think about becoming a verified insider over here but I get she probably won't for a variety of reasons!

The doorway would have been dark so cctv could perhaps show it being lit up slightly with the light from his phone.

If one of the cameras to see Corrie was the Greenwoods one then that camera would have excellent low light capability. Plus Hughes has its own internal CCTV that he might have been captured on.

thank you for replying :) I am really fascinated by this kind of thing I don't no if I can much help though but loved reading through all the threads some amazing ideas and contributes. I was wondering why no reconstruction of that night hasn't happened I thought it may of been a good thing to help remind people

It was me who asked Nicola on the find Corrie FB page about the phone. Basically I stated that surely they should be searching a 3.5mile at least radius in all directions of Barton mills given that the phone pinged and could be in any direction up to 5km of the mast. From her reply it does sound as if he wasn't with his phone tbh. This was the impression I got anyway. I also asked her, if she had time to think about becoming a verified insider over here but I get she probably won't for a variety of reasons!

I did quote Nicola previously I think where she said she couldn't confirm the phone wasn't with him as such but she believed it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxwell'sSilverHammer