UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrie's thread has brought a lot of new posters to the site :) hi & welcome to you all!

I did quote Nicola previously I think where she said she couldn't confirm the phone wasn't with him as such but she believed it wasn't.

Yes, she believes it wasn't but hasn't had that confirmed.

Thank goodness this thread is back up and running! I've spent the last few nights needing to bounce theories/thoughts off someone so, somewhat dubiously started discussing it with my Mother who it turns out is still in "check the landfill" mode and "wasn't that a lovely pink shirt he was wearing" [emoji849][emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new here, I've found this group very helpful and constructive
Thank you

Thank goodness this thread is back up and running! I've spent the last few nights needing to bounce theories/thoughts off someone so, somewhat dubiously started discussing it with my Mother who it turns out is still in "check the landfill" mode and "wasn't that a lovely pink shirt he was wearing" [emoji849][emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I alsp spoke to my mother who went around the houses and changed subject completely 🙄 I'm always available for theory bouncing in any case. I find the best well rounded ideas come from good group participation. Many minds are better than few and all that.

I personally don't think Corrie is Awol my son went Awol for 8 days and he still went active on social media even just to pop on I cancelled his contract phone incase there was any illegal usage and he still found a way to get on social media. I didn't even know that he had the weekend free and didn't have to be in camp was only when a soldier friend messaged me to say he hadn't arrived back Monday. I have to say was the worst feeling in the world them 8 days but my opinion is Corrie hasn't gone AWOL ...

Just curious - but does Bury St. Edmunds have a drug problem? (I'm sure every town has its questionable areas, but is this particular area known to be "questionable"?)

Yes it does, like any area.
No, I don't think that area was known for dealing.

My local shopkeeper knows thousands of people and would be able to recognise most people who live nearby, if police were trying to identify someone who was in the area he'd be the best person to ask. So I think if pictures of these unidentified people are released someone should pop into every corner shop in Bury with them and show them to the staff to see if they recognise anyone.

My local shopkeeper knows thousands of people and would be able to recognise most people who live nearby, if police were trying to identify someone who was in the area he'd be the best person to ask. So I think if pictures of these unidentified people are released someone should pop into every corner shop in Bury with them and show them to the staff to see if they recognise anyone.

Tell him to get down to the police pod during the Christmas fayre. I believe they will be showing cctv of unidentified people to the public there.

So what theory do you guys think is most likely given the latest update?

I personally still can't see past my early bin theory. The other option is left in a car but interestingly Tony was very vague about the cars only saying all 3 (the 4th vehicle is the bin lorry, I guess) had been identified. No times when these cars were in the area, either.

Only if one or more of these vehicles was actually in the bin area could this apply, though. If all these vehicles were elsewhere e.g. down Short Brackland or other nearby street then Corrie would also be seen walking/being taken to that vehicle if it is true nobody on foot can avoid cameras.

Also interesting is that no forensic trace of Corrie was found in the bin area. As we see Corrie walk to the bins in the CCTV it shows that you can be in that area and not leave a trace.

the no forensic trace of Corrie part surely with the police not sending in forensics for a while after as he wasn't officially declared missing till the Monday they would be little to no forensics anyway and I'm not from Bury but wasn't the weather rain that weekend surely that would of washed a lot of things away.

That's what I thought initially but if they're so sure, why did they do the searches of that area?

Tony said it was down to lack of time and resources as to why they haven'
t checked any cctv after that time. 😕

This was in reply to holly and ivy by the way. It hasn't quoted for some reason.

From Tony's most recent update I can only conclude the following:

Corrie is seen leaving on cctv but is one of the unidentified 23. Unidentified maybe because of a clothing change or unclear picture. In this scenario you can assume he binned his own phone, logically to go awol.

Corrie left in one of the four vehicles. I think the bin lorry is pretty safely ruled out (for him not the phone) the update doesn't mention specifically what action is being taken with the cars. So, either the same as situation one, he's binned the phone and used the vehicle to go awol. Or, an altercation happened in the loading bay, his phone was binned and he left in a vehicle. I'm ruling out going willingly purely on the phone evidence, although it's possible the phone did travel with him, in that situation it would suggest getting in a vehicle willingly.

Lastly, he stayed in the loading bay until after 8am and further footage needs to be viewed. Interestingly this one is seemingly ruled out based on Tony's description of the searches in the area. But, who has access to the buildings at 3-4am on a Saturday morning? Who has keys to those properties? Potentially interesting. In this instance I would assume he was forcibly taken purely on the phone evidence of pings.

To rule out the first scenario the 23 have to be identified. A mean feat and one I'm not sure is possible, or they need a reliable witness sighting corroborating him leaving in this manner.

Scenario 2 to be ruled out would be the usual, searching and testing for all the vehicles, alibis for all who have access to the vehicle and a timeline of the person driving that night. As well as catching up with all cctv in outward areas to confirm car movements. From the wording it seems the other vehicles entered the loading bay opposed to being in the vicinity however this is no confirmation on this so you can only assume it was possible he had unseen access to get in one.

Scenario 3 is seemingly ruled out but I guess if there's further testing they can do inside, store cctvs and interviewing all staff who had keys that would help.

It doesn't seem such a mystery any longer, more constrained by budget and resources. Which is frustrating for all involved.

I only include awol purely because I feel it can't be discounted as a credible theory. While the family have confirmed Corrie wouldn't have gone awol it is still a possibilty based on the options we have, hence leaving it in.

I'm still thinking option 2 personally. This doesn't cover any motives or what happened next obviously.

THIS IS A REPOST

I'm unsure if we can talk about other cases are we as we had a good case in Hull that I would like to refer to if I may I wont till someone says I can though x

Just want to add that to confirm the possibilty of the phone being separated from Corrie there needs to be proof. So the phone is found/confirmed to be in the bin lorry or proof that Corrie was no where near bm at the time of the phone pings, whether that's cctv sighting, witness sighting etc

But, who has access to the buildings at 3-4am on a Saturday morning?

Of the businesses backing onto the horseshoe, the most likely one to have had staff around at that time of the morning is Greggs. I wonder what time the this particular branch opens on Saturdays? Some seem to be open from 7am for the breakfast trade which suggests that they might have started baking food by 4am.

Thinking about it, I wonder what time Greggs get their deliveries?

There's no mention of any delivery lorries in the horseshoe between the time of the last sighting of Corrie and 8am when the police stopped viewing the CCTV images. That probably means they had a delivery late the day before with the following day's products.

Of the businesses backing onto the horseshoe, the most likely one to have had staff around at that time of the morning is Greggs. I wonder what time the this particular branch opens on Saturdays? Some seem to be open from 7am for the breakfast trade which suggests that they might have started baking food by 4am.

Gues it depends how much is baked on site, but I'd assume deliveries would be 5-6am anyway surely. Perhaps in that case it's a void theory as there would be others working in store well before 8am.

If a member of staff locked up and had the keys to the properties it doesn't have to be opening times for example to be there. Could be as simple as someone saying "I have the key to *advertiser censored* do you want to stay there?"

It seems the most implausible of the three but I can't see him staying outside until gone 8am unnoticed.

Am I right in thinking there's no access to residential properties in the bay?

Outside of additional manpower, is there any significance in getting Scotland Yard involved? Do they have any authority or equipment to aid in the case that the local police don't have available? (Specifically, ability to pull records of all cell phones leaving BSE at that time of the morning or anything along those lines?). Is this normal for Scotland Yard to be called in on high profile cases, and for the locals, does this add a level of confidence to the investigation? I'm just not sure of police protocols in the UK and am hoping it's a good thing, like they're bringing in the "big guns" now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi