UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. However by arresting and releasing they're allowing the suspect to know they're a suspect?

In any case I'm hoping for an arrest this side of Christmas, or preferably signs he's still alive.

Yes there is that. It's all really very strange and I don't know who or what to believe any more. The mish mash of info, along with all the rumour and speculation is frying my brain.

Well here's to hoping this update clears some things up. I have not much hope.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes there is that. It's all really very strange and I don't know who or what to believe any more. The mish mash of info, along with all the rumour and speculation is frying my brain.
Same! Well and truly flattened

I think it's a reasonable question. Not as bad as the people saying they dream about him! They have a support page of 60,000 people. What do they think they are going to get asked. If you are not prepared to answer those questions then why have 60,000 people on a Facebook page. The statements they have made in the past have been changed later on, like the guy in the hoody. We didn't know about that until a member of the public posted that she seen it in the police hub.

I also agree. We don't know if it's true but it's just like everything else. Did he leave on foot, by care or not at all? It's all just speculation until we are given confirmed information by the police or family.

I think it's a reasonable question. Not as bad as the people saying they dream about him! They have a support page of 60,000 people. What do they think they are going to get asked. If you are not prepared to answer those questions then why have 60,000 people on a Facebook page. The statements they have made in the past have been changed later on, like the guy in the hoody. We didn't know about that until a member of the public posted that she seen it in the police hub.

To be fair to the family they don't have 60,000 people on facebook, someone else set up a group that for whatever reason has captured people's interest and they have joined of their own accord, the family haven't recruited them or anything, It's a mixed blessing for them imo

There's really not much more for us to comment on.

Be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to the family they don't have 60,000 people on facebook, someone else set up a group that for whatever reason has captured people's interest and they have joined of their own accord, the family haven't recruited them or anything, It's a mixed blessing for them imo
Yes, I know the young lad set it up but I'm under the impression the family have taken it over now as don't see much of the young lad. They must get all sorts of horrible questions. I agree with you, must be a blessing in disguise!

As much as I love this forum, its strength comes from its strict TOS rules. Even though I've fallen foul of them myself once or twice, I respect them, especially the "no bringing rumours over from FB" and "quote credible sources" rules. <modsnip>

Just sayin'

OK, we really are going round in circles and treading on very thin ice indeed, so I'm out until Tony's update tomorrow. A day off this case will do me good and I'm probably not the only one. Might actually get some real life stuff done

Be good!
:loveyou:

As much as I love this forum, its strength comes from its strict TOS rules. Even though I've fallen foul of them myself once or twice, I respect them, especially the "no bringing rumours over from FB" and "quote credible sources" rules. <modsnip>

Just sayin'

While I have read the rules I have taken the time to reacquaint myself with them and have subsequently deleted one glaringly obvious post in which I've broken the rules regarding social media. Thanks for the post, I'll be a bit more screwed on in the future!

Please go and read Susan McLeans thread if anyone needs a heartwarming (but also tragic) case. It's one of my favourites as it made me realise what a bloody brilliant bunch of people we have on this board, and it's an absolute page turner. Susan was an American lost in Scotland and we had her husband, her best friend who flew from US, and an amazing local with a very good reason for searching all on the thread. Bit of a rollercoaster.... but I bet you can't put it down.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...61-U-S-tourist-Aberfeldy-Scotland-17-May-2015

Hi everyone.

Posts have been removed.

Before continuing, please take a little time to review The Rules Forum.
In particular, the Social Media thread and the Etiquette & Information thread.

It is each member's responsibility to become familiar with and post in accordance of Websleuths' Rules and Terms of Service. Further violations may result in a loss of posting privileges.

PLEASE NOTE:

Your opinion of how the Find Corrie Facebook page is run is not up for discussion, nor is your opinion of the questions/comments/followers of that page.

Only updates provided by the admin/family on that page may be discussed. If you aren't satisfied with the timeliness or contents of their updates, see above.

Visitor comments and posts on that page are off limits, as they are considered rumor. Even if admin/family responds to a visitor post that they will look into the visitor's question/info, it is off limits. Posts referencing such comments tend to grow legs and before you know it, those rumors/speculative comments end up evolving into stated fact. For that reason, only MSM, LE, and family-confirmed information is permitted to be discussed.

And finally, please remember that Corrie's family members are victims. Their worlds have been turned upside down and they are desperate to find their loved one. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Criticizing them or any aspect of their updates will not be tolerated, and sleuthing their personal social media accounts is strictly against the rules. If you find information they have posted regarding this case on their personal pages, leave it there. Only information they post on the official Find Corrie FB page can be brought into discussion here.

Please post respectfully and responsibly.

Thank you, Greater Than!! We all promise to be good...

TONY'S UPDATE 20/11/2016
[20/11] Update:
It's been a busy week.

In the previous update I started by outlining the 3 possible outcomes that we identified from the outset. We can now provide a little more detail on each:

1. Still in the 'Horseshoe' area (The loading bay area behind the shops at the intersection of Short Brackland and Brentgovel Streets).
- An external, expert search team have forensically processed the whole area surrounding the 'Horseshoe' - above, below inside & outside.
- The Investigation team have ruled out the possibility of Corrie still being in that area.
No forensic trace of his presence was discovered - that is not to say he wasn't there, just no trace was discovered.

2. Left on foot:
- The CCTV for the inner & outer camera rings surrounding the 'Horseshoe' has only been viewed until 0800hrs on Saturday 24th. It has been physically tested and proven that a person can not leave this area on foot without being seen by at least one of the cameras. Corrie is not seen leaving on foot.

- The work to view the outstanding CCTV is delayed due to resource issues (both human and technical). This is largely due to there being other major investigations in the Force area being launched (2 murders), which take priority over what is still classified as a 'Missing Person' investigation. The team continue to try and work within these constraints and are seeking to engage the services of other expert organisations to assist, but this may take some time. We can all thank our previous Home Secretary for the chronic lack of Police resources - please feel free to write to her or your local MP, the media etc. to share your views on this - we're pretty sure if she had a Serviceman in her family and he was missing, there would no shortage of resources to find them and it would be headline news everyday until they did.

- 39 People have been detected on CCTV in the 'Horeshoe' general area in the target time window.
- 16 have been positively identified.
- 23 remain unidentified.
- 9 of those who remain unidentified are described as "a person in dark clothing"
- In the next few days the Investigation Team will be making direct, TV media appeals asking the public to help identify some of these individuals.

- Many of you refer to the 'person in dark clothing' who was seen exiting the 'Horseshoe' area a few minutes after Corrie went in. This is correct. This is one of the unidentified people that will be shown in the appeal for assistance.

- Next weekend, to coincide with the Christmas market, the Police POD will return to the Market area in BSE to allow people to go in and view the CCTV themselves. We will be asking for anyone who would like to volunteer to help with handing out leaflets at the market, to let people know the POD is there.
- We will be handing out leaflets on Thursday evening at the Christmas market, volunteers welcome - please come and say 'hello' if you like. &#55357;&#56842;

3. Left in a vehicle.
- 4 vehicles are known to have been in the 'Horeshoe' area in the time window being reviewed. ALL have now been identified.
- The Bin Lorry. The bin Lorry collected 1 bin. Recycling waste. The lorry had cameras on it, but they are for viewing only, not recording. The bin it collected was weighed when it was lifted into the back, showing only 11kg of material was in it (Corrie is around 85Kg). It then drove to its next pick up in Mildenhall, then on to the recycling centre. It did pass by Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills, but we know for certain that it did not stop at any point on its journey from BSE to the next pick up or its final destination.
- The waste is emptied out of the vehicle and then a supervised sortation process occurs. We are told that it is possible that a phone might pass through this process and be destroyed or disposed of in landfill, but we are told that a body would have been found at this point. It was decided that the amount of effort involved to search the landfill was not worth the potential return of what by then would be a physically contaminated and probably smashed phone. This is why the landfill was never searched. It is too late to search it now as there are tens of tonnes of refuse on top of the area where the phone may (or may not) be.
- This does mean that from an investigation perspective, the phone is still considered as being outstanding. So please do keep on the look out for a black Nokia Lumia, it was in a black case at the time.
- The phone pinged the micro-mast at Barton Mills. This only means that it was within Broadcast range of the mast. Due to time proximity, it does seem most likely that the phone was in the Bin lorry, but that is not certain. It could have been in another vehicle and possibly on an entirely different road - I'll share the mast broadcast radius as a comment in this post.
- Investigations into the other 3 vehicles from the 'Horseshoe' continue. Speculation about them would not be helpful at this stage. There is no need to speculate further on a 'silver car' at this point either.

Searches:
- The 'Horseshoe'. This area, including the buildings backing on to the 'Horseshoe' were checked by an external, expert search team. We can say with certainty that he is not there now. That is not to say that he was not there at some point.
- The A14. The road was closed to conduct a search of an area of verge, which was in response to a report received and where aerial surveillance was not comprehensive due to ground foliage. The timing of the search of this area was not significant, it just takes a bit of time to arrange the closure of such a main arterial route. Nothing was found.
- Mildenhall/Barton Mills. Various areas around Mildenhall & Barton Mills (Fiveways) have been searched in the past week, some of which were previously searched, others are new. Nothing found.
- Public Search. Based on other activities and lines of inquiry, we decided to delay calling the public search intended for this week. We are assessing this day by day and will create the event on the page as soon as we take the decision to go ahead, which may be this week.
- Nothing significant was returned from the door knock or leaflet drop, however a number of responses are outstanding. If you received a leaflet saying the team had knocked your door, please do fill out the leaflet and post it back in the pre-paid envelope.

Media:
- As before, we continue to try and maintain the highest media profile we can. There has been very little in the past week because we have not had much 'new' to say that the media would find interesting enough to broadcast. However, the Twitter campaign that you have undertaken has had an impact! In terms of raising public awareness and in turn keeping the media interested, you could not have done more - we are very grateful for your help here. &#55357;&#56842;
- As mentioned above, there will be an increase in media activity next week.
- For access to all the media and timeline info, please check the website at www.findcorrie.co.uk
Fundraising/Donations:
- No change from last week - there are no approved fundraising sites other than for SULSAR.
- Please do continue to support SULSAR as much as you can. Like some others, I will not be sending out Christmas cards this year, but making a donation to SULSAR instead.
- This team of incredible volunteers provide an invaluable resource to the people of Suffolk (and beyond) but need your support. They can only be there to support you in a time of crisis if we support them all the time. On their and our behalf, thank you for the generosity shown so far.

Thank You's:
- You! Yes, you....thank you for joining the group. Thank you for posting, commenting, tweeting - but mostly for talking to people in person, the message is so much more powerful in person. On behalf of Nicola, Makeyan and Darroch, thank you again so much - so many people taking out so much of their own time, money and energy to help a family they don't even know is truly humbling.
- Thank you for all of the offers of assistance and kindness. We're so sorry if you've made an offer of support and we haven't responded - please know this is simply a demonstration of how incredibly generous so many people are being that we simply don't have the capacity to process and respond to all of them. If SULSAR got a pound for every time one of us has facepalmed and proclaimed "oh ****, I meant to respond to the one about...." - they'd be on £10k by now!
- Congratulations to Jake Game for being a Finalist in the Bury annual citizens awards ceremony. A fantastic achievement and thoroughly deserved. Jake is still very much around and involved, but please understand he is a young man with an education to concentrate on, which is why we arranged to reduce the load he was trying to balance.
Group Admin Points:
- Please all start from the assumption that anyone else on the group is here to help and means well - until they prove otherwise.
- If something offends you, please ignore it or report it - but don't react to it. 'Be like Bill'. &#55357;&#56841;
- Please don't feel the need to PM all of us with the same issue/question/concern - just one of us at a time. If you PM all of us, the likelihood is we'll assume one of the others will respond, meaning none of us will!
- Please don't be offended if posts or comments are deleted - as mentioned previously, there are a number of reasons why this might happen. But also please bear in mind that all of the Admin are family members - submitting posts to tell us about good or bad outcomes of other missing persons cases is not very helpful.
- ...and to those still determined to PM me about Mediums and Psychics - if they were really any good, they'd have already warned you I'm going to delete the message and block you without replying!
- Thank you again to Rosie, who many of you won't know has been working with Jake in the background since day 1 - you're a star! &#55357;&#56842;
- I think it is also important to acknowledge and thank the Police investigation team who have taken some criticism so far, including from me. There are things we would all have liked to have seen done differently; we will review them at the right time in the future. The lack of resources as a result of chronic underfunding across the public sector is the root cause of all of the issues we've experienced so far. It seems wrong that our Government can spend £4Bn to renovate the palatial Parliamentary building that our MP's call their office, but we can't pay for the basic tools our Police officers need to be able to do their job? It seems perverse that we always find money to start wars in other countries, but never to manage the peace back home?

SUMMARY:
It has been 58 days since Corrie vanished. It is entirely out of character.
- The family, the RAF and the Police Investigation team, none of us believe Corrie disappeared by choice.
- Corrie is not still in the last place he was seen on CCTV.
- Corrie did not leave that area on foot before 0800hrs 24/09.
- There are only 4 vehicles that were in the area before 0800hrs 24/09.
- Of the 16 people identified, who were in that area at the same time - none of them saw Corrie.
- 8 weeks later, there are still 23 unidentified people who were there. Somebody knows something.

The search continues. #findcorrie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307450186284715/

So in my mind there are 5 options left:

1. Corrie left in car 1
2. Corrie left in car 2
3. Corrie left in car 3
4. Corrie left in the cab of the bin lorry
5. Corrie left after 8am.

Now... the 3 cars are under investigation still, does that mean the drivers have not come forward? Or that the numberplates can't be seen on the footage?

Is it still possible that Corrie went into one of the properties above the shops and didn't come out until after 8am (the point up to which CCTV has been viewed)?

39 people were in the area in the time frame (I guess this is 3am - 8am) but only 16 have come forward. I'm going to assume for now that none of them were seen acting to suspiciously (eg being in the bin area for 10 mins then running off, or reappearing looking injured etc). This is more than I'd anticipated to be honest.

Next weekend, to coincide with the Christmas market, the Police POD will return to the Market area in BSE to allow people to go in and view the CCTV themselves.

Local members - YOUR CRIME BOARD NEEDS YOU!!! Please get down there next weekend and report back!!

So in my mind there are 5 options left:

1. Corrie left in car 1
2. Corrie left in car 2
3. Corrie left in car 3
4. Corrie left in the cab of the bin lorry
5. Corrie left after 8am.

Now... the 3 cars are under investigation still, does that mean the drivers have not come forward? Or that the numberplates can't be seen on the footage?

Is it still possible that Corrie went into one of the properties above the shops and didn't come out until after 8am (the point up to which CCTV has been viewed)?

I've always been confused by you guys talking about the properties above the shops. As far as I've always been aware, the properties are part of the shops, my work mate and I had a look round there last week and we couldn't see anything that resembled residential accommodation in that area. They all looked as though they are used by the shops.

Good afternoon all -

I am new to this forum however have followed this case since the day it was reported via the media he was missing.

Like most I think a whirlwind of ideas and scenarios have run through our minds in the past 8 weeks.
However I felt more than ever here would be a good place to display and put across some opinions and comments based on professional views (these in my eyes, like many others, are not something I wish to force upon anyone else and are in no way meant with any malice)

- I understand how phone triangulation works. His phone was not used (seemingly) after 03.08am to send a text message to someone who at this stage for me reamins unidenfitied. (I will not comment on the tit for tat toss up between a friend and family as its purely speculation)

- It is my understanding REF the update posted today, that Corrie was not with his phone when it travelled to the area of Barton Mills/Mildenhall if of course the mode of transportation is correct.

- Although I understand extensive CCTV has been reviewed, the reference to recycling does not quite match with the companies rota in this specific postcode region and has been brought to attention for further anaylsis.

- As many people remain unidentified on the CCTV, my feeling remains that one of them could still be Corrie.
For reasons I believe, mental health or otherwise, the need to get away can be over powering and whilst I do not believe for a second any malice or harm was meant by it, I could not begin to imagine how difficult it would be to come back at this stage.

Pets are used in a number of Therapy related cases, for comfort, responsibility and lonliness. I struggle to understand why he was left behind by friends travelling to BSE that night, or why the urge to drive over calling a taxi was provoked (besides the obvious money factor of course!)

None of my comments raised are meant with any undue stress, pressure or upset to the family, and I for one to not wish to speculate or snoop in areas that I have no knowledge of.

Just my thoughts and or discussion on the content of the update..

39 people were in the area in the time frame (I guess this is 3am - 8am) but only 16 have come forward. I'm going to assume for now that none of them were seen acting to suspiciously (eg being in the bin area for 10 mins then running off, or reappearing looking injured etc). This is more than I'd anticipated to be honest.

Next weekend, to coincide with the Christmas market, the Police POD will return to the Market area in BSE to allow people to go in and view the CCTV themselves.

Local members - YOUR CRIME BOARD NEEDS YOU!!! Please get down there next weekend and report back!!

Ahhhhhhh I'd really rather not!!!

It's an absolute nightmare trying to do anything when the fair is on.

I'm a little surprised by that choice. Simply because the wide majority of people coming to the fair come from out of town and it's utterly packed, to the point where you can't move.

They do have a night when the coaches don't turn up and it's supposed to be locals, so if it's down there on Thursday I'd go. Just the sheer volume of people at other times make it difficult to move. But I will try my best to get down there and look for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper