UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony mentioned it in the podcast interview on 3rd November, but hasn't mentioned it since as far as I know, so it remains unconfirmed.

"... we can't confirm this yet, but we've got credible information that a car passed the wrong way up the one way street there"

Transcript and link to interview here.

Yes there was, and that wasn't a vehicle - just a big standard car. Although if you were going to commit a crime, not sure you would highlight it by driving the wrong way down a street, unless you had no other way of manoeuvring. I wonder having just typed that, would a bin pickup stop a car fully navigating that area (by blocking the turning/road) and involve it having to leave the incorrect way?

Thanks, I just wanted to check it wasn't a rumour. I've no idea what would lead to a car driving the wrong way down a one way street. Maybe if you're not aware of cctv you'd think you could get away with unusual behaviour unnoticed?

Just to put the AWOL thing to rest (that doesn't discount that he was suicidal, or had other mental issues and ran away). You could sit just outside the camp gates on AWOL and no one could force you into work ( human rights), you can be arrested by civilian police (but they can't secure the vehicle doors or handcuff you, and could therefore jump out at any traffic lights) and taken back to work to face sentencing. There are cases of people working legally whilst AWOL. SSAFA offer this advice
SSAFA AWOL support line

Service Personnel who are absent without leave (AWOL) can now speak in complete confidence to the SSAFA AWOL Support Line Worker

Tel: 01380 738137 9.00 - 10.00am Monday to Friday

(answering machine for call back outside these times).
AWOL itself isn't a reason to cut off all ties to your life and family - depression perhaps, but not hating your job type running away.

Just to put the AWOL thing to rest (that doesn't discount that he was suicidal, or had other mental issues and ran away). You could sit just outside the camp gates on AWOL and no one could force you into work ( human rights), you can be arrested by civilian police (but they can't secure the vehicle doors or handcuff you, and could therefore jump out at any traffic lights) and taken back to work to face sentencing. There are cases of people working legally whilst AWOL. SSAFA offer this advice
SSAFA AWOL support line

Service Personnel who are absent without leave (AWOL) can now speak in complete confidence to the SSAFA AWOL Support Line Worker

Tel: 01380 738137 9.00 - 10.00am Monday to Friday

(answering machine for call back outside these times).
AWOL itself isn't a reason to cut off all ties to your life and family - depression perhaps, but not hating your job type running away.

Great post! I think too many people have watched too many TV dramas and films about military life to understand the reality.

Absolutely. We could be looking at the bin lorry, a Greggs delivery lorry, a transit van and a motorbike.
Or the bike, that was asked for in the original posters - that I still struggle to get my head past. I did, and was convinced he was meeting someone, but the mention of vehicles, opens more avenues in my head.

AWOL is dangerous because you are alluding to very negative things about Corrie.....As such, I think AWOL portrays Corrie in a negative light, and I don't support that theory. Or maybe it's that I don't WANT to support that theory, if you know what I mean?....;)

I agree, neither do I. Per Ardua. ;)

Or the bike, that was asked for in the original posters - that I still struggle to get my head past. I did, and was convinced he was meeting someone, but the mention of vehicles, opens more avenues in my head.

The wrong way car could also suggest not local?

Vehicle could also suggest a bin lorry, delivery truck and two cars. Or bin lorry transit van a bike and a car. I don't think it changes much except maybe limit the possibilties.

...and then we try to define "known".

How "known" is known ?

Enough to call and say "I'm here early".
But is that possible from the "third party's" situation (be that whatever).

And turning that on it's head...Corrie clearly decided that he would have a night out "first". Is that because "meeting earlier" was not possible for the "third party".

And then the "lateness of the hour" to meet. I am inclined to rule out "married woman". It just doesn't sit with the situation.

That build up to the 0330 time slot is weighing on my mind. Who or what finishes before that time to get to that area for 0330? If you finish work 20 miles away that's a 30 minute journey time into BSE. 20 mile radius from BSE is...BM, Mildenhall...?, ?, & ?

That build up to the 0330 time slot is weighing on my mind. Who or what finishes before that time to get to that area for 0330? If you finish work 20 miles away that's a 30 minute journey time into BSE. 20 mile radius from BSE is...BM, Mildenhall...?, ?, & ?

It could even be he arranged he lift once he'd gotten his food, so sitting and eating was waiting for someone to drive some distance to get him?

Thanks for that.....interesting and really good to see from that perspective. Area is smaller than I'd thought and more open.

The way the cars were parked at this time of day is not exactly conducive to a bin lorry getting in to lift and tip all those bins!

I'd assume (I'm not overly local) that the cars are parked there during working hours and it's empty at night when workers have gone home

Stowmarket - 15 miles SE and 21 minutes
Sudbury - 17 miles S and 30 minutes
Haverhill - 18 miles SW and 30 minutes
Thetford - 13 miles N and 24 minutes

You could argue that awol only fits with what we know of the character and family relationship with Corrie. Let's be honest, none of us know him. None of his friends or colleagues have come forward with personal information. I understand especially from the military perspective it's not something you want to tar anyone with, so I think while I agree with you he's unlikely awol, it can't ever be completely eliminated until we have some evidence of foul play.

As for the phone, let's think a minute. Why would a phone go in a recycling bin (full of cardboard and paper presumably)?

If you're minimising your chances of getting caught causing harm to someone would you scatter the evidence doubling your chances of being caught? The pings aren't overly accurate, just because they show it could have been in the bin lorry it equally could have travelled close to Barton mills in any of the may other roads in that direction. It may have not been gone to Barton mills it only has to ping the mast.

I'm thinking he had his phone and the battery went dead. I've never had a phone battery last all day until 5am!

Lack of evidence doesn't support a struggle theory. You have to think he must have had a plan for the night, he wasn't going to sleep in the city all night (Nicola confirmed he didn't mean to fall asleep and he didn't sleep long) so he's either planning to meet someone or planning to walk home. How would meeting someone and waiting two hours benefit him more than getting a taxi home?

If you believe he met someone you have a few options

1) someone he knows that he verbally arranged the lift with
2) someone he knows he arrange the lift with over the phone
3) someone he doesn't know he arranged a meeting with through an app

Which one benefits him sitting outside early hours of the morning in the cold instead of getting a taxi home?

What it comes down to is this, you can't enter or exit that loading bay unseen. You just can't. So if you see Corrie enter, you see Corrie exit. Tony has explained how they indemnify people by gait , measurements of sizes etc so we can assume none of the unidentified are Corrie. To get Corrie out "unseen" would require a vehicle. We have vehicles on cctv so it has to be one of them. The unidentified are most likely witnesses, if you can get a witness to corroborate Corrie getting into a car that's vital evidence.

For anyone unsure about the area shown on cctv the find Corrie website has a video someone has taken that walk from the takeaway down to the doorway he sat in and then to the loading bay.

Two things have just suddenly struck me. Firstly, I'm wondering if he used cardboard boxes to rest on on the floor to keep the cold away from him. It's an old FA trick so he'd be aware of that. If so, it's not a giant leap from phone slipping from pocket, consciensous Corrie folding the cardboard up and shoving the lot (including phone) into the cardboard bin.

Secondly, if I'd have been in the nightclub I'd more than likely had have enough money in my pocket to share a taxi home with the lads or at least with someone I'd just met. That theory is all well and good until you get thrown out. That suggests more money than usual as it's an early bath for you sunshine. If he'd have secured a lift back prior to his kebab shop visit, I'd give serious consideration to 'eating' my remaining taxi fare in the form of a large supper too. What I'm eluding to is a suggestion that he made arrangements for a lift to (?) BEFORE he entered the kebab shop at 0100.

Thanks, I just wanted to check it wasn't a rumour. I've no idea what would lead to a car driving the wrong way down a one way street. Maybe if you're not aware of cctv you'd think you could get away with unusual behaviour unnoticed?

Or maybe it was someone that isn't familiar with the area...

Two things have just suddenly struck me. Firstly, I'm wondering if he used cardboard boxes to rest on on the floor to keep the cold away from him. It's an old FA trick so he'd be aware of that. If so, it's not a giant leap from phone slipping from pocket, consciensous Corrie folding the cardboard up and shoving the lot (including phone) into the cardboard bin.

Secondly, if I'd have been in the nightclub I'd more than likely had have enough money in my pocket to share a taxi home with the lads or at least with someone I'd just met. That theory is all well and good until you get thrown out. That suggests more money than usual as it's an early bath for you sunshine. If he'd have secured a lift back prior to his kebab shop visit, I'd give serious consideration to 'eating' my remaining taxi fare in the form of a large supper too. What I'm eluding to is a suggestion that he made arrangements for a lift to (?) BEFORE he entered the kebab shop at 0100.
Fair point, well made. I have certainly never been of the opinion it was a lack of money that stopped him getting back to base - first he had enough to stay out later (night culled early), second purchasing a large amount of food - if you are hungry and skint, get the minimum and a taxi.

http://forces.tv/62611837

"The footage shows two people in the area of Bury St Edmunds between 3am and 8am on Saturday 24 September - around the time of the last confirmed sighting of Corrie at 3.25am."

This is a bit unclear but is the fact that there were 2 people new information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966