UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster said under a comment on the FB page that the person in dark clothing could be a security guard as they wear black and Tony responded:-

Tony Wringe: It doesn't say they were wearing black - it says "people in dark clothing" these are black & white images of people at night. Could be grey, blue etc.

Someone then asked if the images are black / white why was the grapes footage clearly showing Corries colour of clothing:-

Tony Wringe: Different cameras. The people seen on the HD colour camera can be described by the colour of their clothes. The ones on the lower quality, black & white cameras only appear to be in light or dark coloured clothes.

The fact Corrie was wearing light coloured clothing helped i'd imagine when reviewing the low quality CCTV, the footage would have been even harder to determine if it was him or not had he been wearing dark clothes. TBH this 'low quality' footage sounds grainy.

I don't know how to quote a past post, but this is in reference to the "putting AWOL to bed post".

I asked my close family member, whose extremely recent job was working directly in this situation (with men who went AWOL) and thus was trained in the legalities and specifics. If a service person is discovered to be AWOL they can be arrested by civilian police (even if they are sitting outside the base, as was quoted) who will indeed have the legal right to handcuff them. They will then be taken to a civilian police station and detained until they can be put into civilian court at which point they will be handed over to military custody, from which they will appear before the judge advocate who will decide wether they will be remanded or not depending on the severity of the case. Service personnel sign a legally binding contract when they enlist. It is therefore classed as a crime to go AWOL. These are new rules which came into force in 2009 and mean that there is more civilian involvement in the process than there was previously.

And on that basis, it must be pre planned, non local- only an idiot would leave no evidence, but drive out down a one way street. I know where to pick up hidden from view, but not how to drive away- although writing it, it doesn't make sense, maybe it was just some random in the area.

Unless the person wasn't intending to kill/hurt. It could still be an accidental death, hook up gone wrong or even someone capable of harm but who didn't plan on it, maybe provoked etc etc

If you weren't planning on breaking the law you probably wouldn't be too fussed being caught the wrong way on a one way street

A poster said under a comment on the FB page that the person in dark clothing could be a security guard as they wear black and Tony responded:-

Tony Wringe: It doesn't say they were wearing black - it says "people in dark clothing" these are black & white images of people at night. Could be grey, blue etc.

Someone then asked if the images are black / white why was the grapes footage clearly showing Corries colour of clothing:-

Tony Wringe: Different cameras. The people seen on the HD colour camera can be described by the colour of their clothes. The ones on the lower quality, black & white cameras only appear to be in light or dark coloured clothes.

Both of the CCTV cameras we have seen footage of Corrie are colour though, right? Which camera are these people seen on and where were they? It seems not on Brentgovel Street/Short Brackland?

Unless the private CCTV camera is what is being talked about?

I don't know how to quote a past post, but this is in reference to the "putting AWOL to bed post".

I asked my close family member, whose extremely recent job was working directly in this situation (with men who went AWOL) and thus was trained in the legalities and specifics. If a service person is discovered to be AWOL they can be arrested by civilian police (even if they are sitting outside the base, as was quoted) who will indeed have the legal right to handcuff them. They will then be taken to a civilian police station and detained until they can be put into civilian court at which point they will be handed over to military custody, from which they will appear before the judge advocate who will decide wether they will be remanded or not depending on the severity of the case. Service personnel sign a legally binding contract when they enlist. It is therefore classed as a crime to go AWOL. These are new rules which came into force in 2009 and mean that there is more civilian involvement in the process than there was previously.
Often not what happens though, also speaking from experience. He wouldn't hide to go AWOL.

Both of the CCTV cameras we have seen footage of Corrie are colour though, right? Which camera are these people seen on and where were they? It seems not on Brentgovel Street/Short Brackland?

Unless the private CCTV camera is what is being talked about?

Hang on a minute yeah you are correct both of the CCTV footage we have seen are in colour. The poster just said could the person in dark clothing leaving the horseshoe area be a security guard in black. I don't know if any private CCTV would have been available from this area. If so, wouldn't they then have more footage of Corrie? The horseshoe area isn't what is described as short brackland / Brentgovel St. is it? Maybe it is just an oversight on Tony's part and rather than correcting the poster on the area he instead focused on the clothing and correcting people's views on it not having to be black. Although for what it's worth I bet it is black clothing....

Hmmm....a very good point. If your familiar with the area you usually have a regular route. If you're not familiar with the area then it's usually a case of not your normal route. That supports my theory of an 'out of towner' if this vehicle was involved?

Depends on a few things before we could say the driver was from out of town. Was the driver being impatient, was another route blocked and the driver didn't want to wait, did the driver have a need to drive down the one way street, was it the quickest way out of the area, does it happen a lot on that road especially at those times.

We need to know which street it was but if it was cannon street (and we have mentioned this briefly way back) then it looks like the quickest way to the roundabout.

Well, it's certainly what happened here, at an extremely busy facility. For example there was the young man who had been AWOL for several years (unbeknown to his new wife) and was at the airport about to go on honeymoon and was arrested when they checked his passport because it flashed up in the system that he was AWOL.

Well, it's certainly what happened here, at an extremely busy facility. For example there was the young man who had been AWOL for several years (unbeknown to his new wife) and was at the airport about to go on honeymoon and was arrested when they checked his passport because it flashed up in the system that he was AWOL.
Half of my point exactly - years on the run, new wife etc, hardly reason to hide from family.

Hang on a minute yeah you are correct both of the CCTV footage we have seen are in colour. The poster just said could the person in dark clothing leaving the horseshoe area be a security guard in black. I don't know if any private CCTV would have been available from this area. If so, wouldn't they then have more footage of Corrie? The horseshoe area isn't what is described as short brackland / Brentgovel St. is it? Maybe it is just an oversight on Tony's part and rather than correcting the poster on the area he instead focused on the clothing and correcting people's views on it not having to be black. Although for what it's worth I bet it is black clothing....

It is odd that all of a sudden we're being told about black and white footage. I would think all the council cameras in the immediate area are colour (though the cameras do have the option to record in B/W I believe). Also, Tony has used the the phrase 'horseshoe general area' so that could mean surrounding streets for a lot of the 23 people?

Thank you for clarifying goape - I couldn't discern from the FB site whether Tony had ever clarified that a D notice was in force or not. It would appear that one is not in force then? It doesn't detract from the fact that none of Corrie's superiors, colleagues or friends from the base have been on record at all about Corrie. And with good reason. But they are going to be the ones to shed most light on the events of the evening and Corrie's background.

On a side note, in one of the initial appeals weeks ago, Nicola asked for people to look out for various things, including his phone, but she also mentioned a bike. The family have been adament that he did not leave on foot, and the consensus has been that he must have left by one of the three cars/vehicles, judging by the discussion here and on FB. So has the bike theory been discarded does anyone know?

That's fair enough, but it wasn't the point I was addressing, with respect, I was simply showing that Civilian police do have the legal right to intervene, detain, arrest in these cases, use handcuffs etc..and they do actively do these things.

AWOL is dangerous because you are alluding to very negative things about Corrie.

RSBM

Playing catch-up on today's posts but want to address this AWOL thing while I think about it.

AWOL doesn't have to mean AWOL from the RAF/Army/etc - it can just as easily mean "AWOL from life". And to me it isn't "alluding to very negative things about Corrie" - it's trying to find a possible explanation for what currently (to the general public at least) is a mystery.

To make it clearer perhaps, I suffer at times from very very low, dark periods. I've lost count of the number of times I've considered going "AWOL from life". I almost crave just disappearing from everyone and everything I know and disappearing. But, ask my family/friends, and they would say "she would never just disappear, she's not like that, we're close" (etc). There would never be as much interest in me missing as there has been for Corrie, so whilst me coming back would be tough, for him it would be so damned difficult, if he has gone AWOL, because on top of anything else he might be feeling there would be the overwhelming guilt of what he had put his loved ones through.

I guess what I am getting at is that we can never truly know someone and their deepest thoughts and what we believe to true very often isn't. People put on faces, families & friends can be oblivious or on the flip side cover up for their loved ones. Oh and AWOL doesn't just refer to disappearing from a job in the Forces.

It is odd that all of a sudden we're being told about black and white footage. I would think all the council cameras in the immediate area are colour (though the cameras do have the option to record in B/W I believe). Also, Tony has used the the phrase 'horseshoe general area' so that could mean surrounding streets for a lot of the 23 people?

Sexy, drugs and rock n roll !!!

It has to be one of the three ?
And all in colour vision.

Remember the family is in turmoil. This is a real "live as it is" case, so I doubt Uncle Tony will tell "the truth" ! And why the hell should he. He is playing "cat and mouse"... and the cat usually wins.

RSBM

Playing catch-up on today's posts but want to address this AWOL thing while I think about it.

AWOL doesn't have to mean AWOL from the RAF/Army/etc - it can just as easily mean "AWOL from life". And to me it isn't "alluding to very negative things about Corrie" - it's trying to find a possible explanation for what currently (to the general public at least) is a mystery.

To make it clearer perhaps, I suffer at times from very very low, dark periods. I've lost count of the number of times I've considered going "AWOL from life". I almost crave just disappearing from everyone and everything I know and disappearing. But, ask my family/friends, and they would say "she would never just disappear, she's not like that, we're close" (etc). There would never be as much interest in me missing as there has been for Corrie, so whilst me coming back would be tough, for him it would be so damned difficult, if he has gone AWOL, because on top of anything else he might be feeling there would be the overwhelming guilt of what he had put his loved ones through.

I guess what I am getting at is that we can never truly know someone and their deepest thoughts and what we believe to true very often isn't. People put on faces, families & friends can be oblivious or on the flip side cover up for their loved ones. Oh and AWOL doesn't just refer to disappearing from a job in the Forces.

Thanks for sharing that, Purplepixii. That's the kind of AWOL possibility that had gone through my mind for Corrie too.

Sexy, drugs and rock n roll !!!

It has to be one of the three ?
And all in colour vision.

Remember the family is in turmoil. This is a real "live as it is" case, so I doubt Uncle Tony will tell "the truth" ! And why the hell should he. He is playing "cat and mouse"... and the cat usually wins.

So you think the family are interpreting things differently to the Police and as they are silent, the info we have got from the family isn't quite right?

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here. I find it hard to work out what you say in a lot of your posts! (class dunce here..)

@Purplepixii

Thanks so much for sharing your personal feelings.....empathy allows for grey areas

Logical black 'n white thinkers (family aside) insist - "he wouldn't do this because of ...." when actually he could've done just about anything! I realise these statements are attempting to narrow down the possibilities but, really, the most far-fetched plot in the world could be correct

Some say "people just don't disappear" of course we know people do just that....i've read many cases where someone has vanished from sight with no definite clues as to what occurred. (most cases this is homicide without evidence)

So you think the family are interpreting things differently to the Police and as they are silent, the info we have got from the family isn't quite right?

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here. I find it hard to work out what you say in a lot of your posts! (class dunce here..)

I think what JamesKing means in his last post is that the family's aim, by using Facebook and any other media/social outlets, is to quite simply find Corrie. Used simply as tools, in whatever way, to achieve that goal as quickly and effectively as possible.
The information released, appeals & "updates" aren't necessarily, if at all, done to update and inform the public.
Tony, is a very intelligent guy, utilising Facebook "updates" as a veil to eek out the perpetrator by dropping hints, misinforming and either lulling him/her into a false sense of security so the perpetrator slips up or by showing the perpetrator that the net is closing in which would make him/her crack or panic and make hasty/miscalculated decisions.
When it comes to finding one of your own, you quite rightly, do whatever you have to do, by whatever (legal) means necessary and if that means telling a few lies to 65000 Facebook followers to catch 1 person who's taken your nephew, so be it.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what JamesKing means in his last post is that the family's aim, by using Facebook and any other media/social outlets, is to quite simply find Corrie. Used simply as tools, in whatever way, to achieve that goal as quickly and effectively as possible.
The information released, appeals & "updates" aren't necessarily, if at all, done to update and inform the public.
Tony, is a very intelligent guy, utilising Facebook "updates" as a veil to eek out the perpetrator by dropping hints, misinforming and either lulling him/her into a false sense of security so the perpetrator slips up or by showing the perpetrator that the net is closing in which would make him/her crack or panic and make hasty/miscalculated decisions.
When it comes to finding one of your own, you quite rightly, do whatever you have to do, by whatever (legal) means necessary and if that means telling a few lies to 65000 Facebook followers to catch 1 person who's taken your nephew, so be it.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And good on him too. I genuinely hope for the best outcome possible for the family. Let's hope whatever tony has formulated in his head in regards to the fb works.

I think the distinct lack of info coupled with the drip feeding on Facebook shows they're very busy behind the scenes. We won't get an inkling something big is about to happen until it hits the news, as it should be.

Thank you for clarifying goape - I couldn't discern from the FB site whether Tony had ever clarified that a D notice was in force or not. It would appear that one is not in force then? It doesn't detract from the fact that none of Corrie's superiors, colleagues or friends from the base have been on record at all about Corrie. And with good reason. But they are going to be the ones to shed most light on the events of the evening and Corrie's background.

On a side note, in one of the initial appeals weeks ago, Nicola asked for people to look out for various things, including his phone, but she also mentioned a bike. The family have been adament that he did not leave on foot, and the consensus has been that he must have left by one of the three cars/vehicles, judging by the discussion here and on FB. So has the bike theory been discarded does anyone know?

I believe his CO or OC did make a statement. They will be working closely with the police and sharing anything that could provide insight into Corrie's character, none of which will be made public, because the public don't need to have an insight into Corrie's character because they are not expected to solve the case but simply to provide evidence to help the police to do so. Anything negative about Corrie's background, character or behaviour could be detrimental if shared with the public and make them less likely to take the case to heart, or quick to make negative assumptions about what has happened.

Regarding the bike Nicola had responded at one point saying it was only added in case he had taken possession of a bike and that it was to make people think about anything unusual. I also believe someone posted that they owned the bike that was nearby and had it in their possession and the police were aware but I can't back this up as its impossible to find comments on the fb page and many have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie