UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundamental flaws as I see them:

Does the 'lurking figure' have the gait of an individual who could cause significant harm to a 90kg squaddie? Would they be able to get them in to the bin as a dead weight?

If an attack did occur then surely DNA would be in the horseshoe area or somebody would have been alerted to the ensuing struggle to hide the body. Even the three teenagers would struggle between them.

If Corrie was put inside a different bin then for his body to go unnoticed by staff members there must have been a pre-9am collection, to which there has been no mention.

The random pickup- it should be made clear that the horseshoe area is not directly accessible by vehicle, it forms part of a pedestrianised zone. Locals might nip through from Short Brackland to Looms Lane area but a sat Nav would not suggest this route to his location. So therefore a potential perp is likely local.

If the police suspected that a murder had occurred that was so random, then warnings to the public would have been highly visible.

I actually don't see a plausible possibility unless the DNA gathering was corrupted but that's not an assumption we can work with.
attachment.php

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 171
Any thoughts on the figure on the very very left hand corner of the indoor shots? In all of them I think so must have been loitering
Looks static in all of the indoor shots. I'm guessing a internal cardboard display or external traffic bollard?

When was the general waste collected during that weekend?

Focus right now is on identifying, interviewing and eliminating the people captured on cctv in area until 8.00am

It was mentioned that 3 vehicles + bin lorry were on footage in immediate area, in same timeframe and were being investigated

Am I wrong in thinking if that small number of vehicles had been fully checked out by now then some statement would've been made to say they'd been investigated and eliminated, if that indeed was the case...

....or should the public just expect to hear (next to) nothing..?

Focus right now is on identifying, interviewing and eliminating the people captured on cctv in area until 8.00am

It was mentioned that 3 vehicles + bin lorry were on footage in immediate area, in same timeframe and were being investigated

Am I wrong in thinking if that small number of vehicles had been fully checked out by now then some statement would've been made to say they'd been investigated and eliminated, if that indeed was the case...

....or should the public just expect to hear (next to) nothing..?

It's kind of hard to say. You would hope they would say if eliminated but when they haven't confirmed the type of vehicle or any details whatsoever aside from there are these vehicles I don't think we can expect to be in the know about them.

Should the find something the first we'll hear about it is when they arrest someone no doubt.

If you put it all together in time order it might tell a story.

I'm wondering if this is all a psychological trick by the police to show the suspect/suspects that they know it was them and have a lot of footage of them. Exposing it to the public would be surely messing with the suspects head.

But the police AREN'T showing it to the public. It hasn't been on the national news or online national newspapers, and isn't it the family themselves who requested that the police bring the hub down? Nicola asked the police, I read it somewhere. I would say the reason the police haven't shown the footage to the public, is that besides not being able to determine who the people are (quality is grainy and poor) those 23 people are just going about their business. The only clear image is of the man running, who resembles Corrie himself. Are their no times with these images?

i also suspect that the police have other ideas where Corrie's got to; hence them not highlighting his disappearance.

Has it also occurred to anyone, that if there's a fairly large movement of people people in that area at those early hours of the morning (clubgoers making their way home, workers going home, early starters en route to their jobs) that it's incredible not ONE person heard or saw a struggle, fight, kidnap...nothing? Which is highly significant. Of course, they wouldn't notice Corrie if he just walked, jogged, ran or hopped in a car...he'd go unnoticed...but the f he was attacked someone would have seen or heard something. The amount of people in the area makes that clear.

Agreed and it just goes to show how interesting it's been to get this extra footage, narrowing down timings, seeing possible witnesses etc....and to think there was a twit around denigrating the validity of viewing this cctv

Shame it wasn't released previously....but is there a genuine, tactical reason for this..?

Well, whoever this twit was that you're referring to seems to be on the ball, because this CCTV image hasn't thrown anything up. All that's been spotted is a man running (who resembles Corrie himself) and who was spotted at around 04:30 - half an hour AFTER Corrie's phone pinged in Barton, and the other shapes/shadows remind of when people stare at clouds and see shapes - because they try to.

IMO.......Corrie was looking back,from the way he had come,"as if",,there was somebody ??/ something?? there,that had attracted his attention.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe Corrie was looking at the camera? The camera was a sweeping one, which I'm sure he knew, and as it changes direction I believe about every 4 minutes (?) maybe he was timing himself....

People are so quick to dismiss he's gone of his own volition, but no-one knows him, and when people do decide to go AWOL from life or the services, they don't usually tell their families. Sometimes they might, though....

Dismissing this possibility simply because you don't WANT to believe it is incredibly narrow-minded.

The FACT is, in most cases when someone is murdered or has met with an accident, or commits suicide, their body is usually found within a matter of weeks. Occasionally they're never found, but statistics show that is rare.

Regarding the video from the pod today - isn't it odd how we were told repeatedly that we would not be able to view the footage unless we were there in person? Nothing was going to be online.

Then this small clip showed up on iTv's site and looks like it was shot from someone's hidden cell phone (with the coughing in the background, voices from other viewers, etc.). The police don't seem to be complaining, so how can we get them to release the other 10 minutes of cctv footage? Would any kind of online campaign work?

Yay I can see the figures....I put my glasses on!

(jk the enhanced images worked, thanks again)

edit to ask: is blue line figure lurking in shadows....could've been hanging around there over crucial time period as opposed to the other people who just walk/run past the area..?

I believe that there's several homeless people in the vicinity, and then you also have the nightclubbers hanging around (like Corrie himself did) som elf whom could be drunk and just wandering slowly as they make their way home. Also, as this figure could well be drunk, or just unstable on his feet, it's highly unlikely he could ambush someone.

Well, whoever this twit was that you're referring to seems to be on the ball, because this CCTV image hasn't thrown anything up. All that's been spotted is a man running (who resembles Corrie himself) and who was spotted at around 04:30 - half an hour AFTER Corrie's phone pinged in Barton, and the other shapes/shadows remind of when people stare at clouds and see shapes - because they try to.

I'm the "twit" [emoji23]

The CCTV footage will keep people busy, imagining all sorts from mostly grainy images which, if they beared any sort of real relevance we would have seen long ago.
Remember, the CCTV footage wasn't significant enough for the police to release to the general public, I seen a direct quote from jake who set up the FB page that the footage wasn't supposed to be out in the media as it is innocent members of the public.
I think it has done a very good job of keeping the public busy, therefore raising more awareness yet, fooling the perp into thinking that they have no leads.
There is a post further up which talks about Corrie possibly being stabbed, if that was the case, even weeks later there would still be traces of that somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That it's not a designated parking or walking area. A sat Nav would take someone to the car park at buttermarket and finish the route on foot. Only a local would know to cut through

Regarding the video from the pod today - isn't it odd how we were told repeatedly that we would not be able to view the footage unless we were there in person? Nothing was going to be online.

Then this small clip showed up on iTv's site and looks like it was shot from someone's hidden cell phone (with the coughing in the background, voices from other viewers, etc.). The police don't seem to be complaining, so how can we get them to release the other 10 minutes of cctv footage? Would any kind of online campaign work?

I think it's a case of the police and media working together to pique interest in the hub, and get people who are local to go to the hub and see the extra ten minutes of footage *with* a police officer present who can hear them saying, "oh, that looks a bit like my mate Fred".

I doubt very much it was secret cellphone footage, I think ITV would only put it out with the permission of the police, and the police have told them exactly which snippets they're happy to be shown on the local news, knowing that those snippets are going to be shared on social media (the family's FB page, this forum, people who live in the BSE area sharing to friends on FB).

I believe the running man video to be 0340.

That it's not a designated parking or walking area. A sat Nav would take someone to the car park at buttermarket and finish the route on foot. Only a local would know to cut through
Are you referring to my map Pilgrim?
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 195
There seems to be cctv from the shopping centre, Adnams beers and spirits, Edmundo Lounge, Moyses Hall museum in addition to the council cctv. there may be private cctv on Short Brackland.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20161125_093249.png
    20161125_093249.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 139
Yes, so the end point of short Brackland is a dead end for route planning and parking is prohibited, therefore anybody requiring direction would have arrived at the buttermarket area of town, directly facing superdrug etc.
Only a local would know that you can actually cross from Short Brackland in to the horseshoe area and then leave, albeit illegally down towards Looms Lane past McDonald's on your right.
The intricacies of the 1 way system mean it is an odd meeting point, likewise Corrie wasn't hugely familiar with Bury so why not meet in the middle of town.
My feeling is that the area had been selected ahead of time to facilitate an AWOL scenario....

QUOTE=MidsummersDay;12956705]Are you referring to my map Pilgrim?
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Well... I'm struggling to follow any of this "new cctv". Infact, I'm struggling to find any of it !

Is it released (in some kind of order) on the "official" FindCorrie webpage.... or is it just "leaked" in some kind of adhoc fashion over the facebook page.

Is there a "drunken elf" ? For heavens sake, if they can't find a "drunken elf" then I don't think they'll be able to find anyone !

No idea "what" the police strategy is. But they must have one. At least I hope they do.

Maybe it is "mass confusion" to the point no one knows who anyone is suppose to be identifying ....and they get to the point they can't identify themselves ! (And the elf can't remember if he was dressed an elf or a chicken).

Any news about "the three vehicles" ? Is it still suspected that Corrie left in a car ? Or is that "old news" !

Or is it that they think now he didn't leave until much later. I see there is "much fury" being vented with regard to the cctv only being viewed up until 0800am. Is this real fury or another "strategy" in play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic