UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are attempting to trace "witnesses" who were around the area at the time. Not suspects ;)

I guess they know who they're trying to trace by now.
And their "status" in the enquiry.

I am beginning to think the "status" of the enquiry has changed also.

Sorry! No idea what happened there! I meant wasn't the guy with the black t-shirt traced and spoken to a while ago...?

And yes you are right, witnesses is what I meant!

Tony has just verified under a FB post that recording or photos of the images will not be an option at the hub. I figured as much.

Can't help but think Tony is reading this forum (or did someone just happen to ask the question over there?) If you are reading here Tony, know that we wish you and yours our heartfelt support at this awful time <3

Ah yes sweet Mikaeel kular was also the reason I initially signed up to websleuths. Horrific. Poor boy!

I've just checked and actually I signed up before he died and lurked for ages before that, but I'm pretty sure his case was my first post. And shortly afterwards MH370 vanished and I was hooked!

And remember, you're only looking at those "possibly associated with a vehicle".

Leaving "unwillingly" would mean "they'd have to be out of the car".
If the phone was "dumped", you'd also be "out of the car".

The net is indeed tightening me thinks.

Correctamundo. You're on my wavelength.

Correctamundo. You're on my wavelength.
they are looking for all people on CCTV seen around the horseshoe area, only people out of a car, ware did you read that, is it your assumption or fact that they are only looking for people from cars,

attachment.php

Just had another interesting thought. The distance from BSE to BM is approx 10 miles. We're led to believe that the speed could only have been matched by a vehicle and possibly the bin lorry.
That theory can be blown straight out of the water when you consider the car option. If the car drove straight towards the BM mast area it would be far quicker than a lorry. IF however it was trying to dispose of its contents then an alternate route would be a better option. A main road would attract too much attention! Take a look at my new image. The red circle is the BM mast area 3-5kms). The red highlighted roads are routes from BSE to BM area mast coverage. The purple highlighted vehicular tracks are routes where I'd want to get rid of the contents of my car AND it would extend the 20 minute journey time too!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 203
they are looking for all people on CCTV seen around the horseshoe area, only people out of a car, ware did you read that, is it your assumption or fact that they are only looking for people from cars,
Where did I suggest this please?

I guess they know who they're trying to trace by now.
And their "status" in the enquiry.

I am beginning to think the "status" of the enquiry has changed also.

Here is where I get confused.

Tony has said/insisted Corrie left via vehicle and that all 3 vehicles are identified (I take this to mean they know who the owners are) ergo they have the DVLA licence pictures of said people and can match it to the CCTV footage if that person also got out of the vehicle in view of CCTV.

If I'm right about all the above and the Police do know who they seek:

1, Why is the CCTV hub being done again?

2, Why no arrest? It is very unlike UK Police to tiptoe around like this from other cases I've seen. Especially if the "status" has now changed from a missing person.

It just seems by now they have all the pieces they need but just aren't ready to go in for the arrest....Why?

Here is where I get confused.

Tony has said/insisted Corrie left via vehicle and that all 3 vehicles are identified (I take this to mean they know who the owners are) ergo they have the DVLA licence pictures of said people and can match it to the CCTV footage if that person also got out of the vehicle in view of CCTV.

If I'm right about all the above and the Police do know who they seek:

1, Why is the CCTV hub being done again?

2, Why no arrest? It is very unlike UK Police to tiptoe around like this from other cases I've seen. Especially if the "status" has now changed from a missing person.

It just seems by now they have all the pieces they need but just aren't ready to go in for the arrest....Why?

I agree, it's not like our police to tiptoe around, on the contrary they can be a bit premature and even heavy handed on the arrest front compared to their US counterparts. I just don't know if it's the military and/or US connection that has been a game changer.

I agree, it's not like our police to tiptoe around, on the contrary they can be a bit premature and even heavy handed on the arrest front compared to their US counterparts. I just don't know if it's the military and/or US connection that has been a game changer.

Regretably, I've been thinking this for awhile. :(

attachment.php

Just had another interesting thought. The distance from BSE to BM is approx 10 miles. We're led to believe that the speed could only have been matched by a vehicle and possibly the bin lorry.
That theory can be blown straight out of the water when you consider the car option. If the car drove straight towards the BM mast area it would be far quicker than a lorry. IF however it was trying to dispose of its contents then an alternate route would be a better option. A main road would attract too much attention! Take a look at my new image. The red circle is the BM mast area 3-5kms). The red highlighted roads are routes from BSE to BM area mast coverage. The purple highlighted vehicular tracks are routes where I'd want to get rid of the contents of my car AND it would extend the 20 minute journey time too!

When I look at that map I think anywhere along the Flempton Lackford Icklingham road is a possibility,(many you have highlighted) there's so many tracks and small roads with woods coming off from the main one. I've driven along there many times and I hate it, the villages are small and in between them is total blackness, to stop anywhere along there at night outside the villages you would have to be nuts.
you know when you are driving in the dark and are scared to look in your rear view mirror-that's me on that road.

I was going in the morning but now that's scrapped I will go Thursday evening. Its going to be manic in BSE with the arrival of the Christmas Market and its first official day is this Thursday which is more than likely the reason its being delayed tomorrow as it will attract more visitors over the latter half of the week with thousands of extra visitors to the town.
I can ask questions BUT whether I get answers or not is another thing but give me a list and I will write them down, I'll ask if i can get stills off the video but you just know the answer will be no :/

Why on on earth would they stop anyone taking stills of the video if they're SO desperate to identify these people?

Also, 23 people seem such a lot! Corrie entered the bin area at 03:24 and the lorry driver never saw him there, so why would anyone else have seen him - and these 23 people obviously weren't passing through the bin area at the same time Corrie was. What's the point of trying to identify them, because it sounds very much like they were the general public caught on film going about their business - hours after Corrie entered the area and then left.

Have the family requested the police to take the hub there? Because the police seem VERY disinterested in trying to search for him. They're not making any statements to the press in order to ask people for help in finding him, and that speaks volumes.

Do you suppose the Police POD will allow for people to watch proper CCTV or just the two 20 second clips already released?

It would be interesting to see the 4 identified vehicles, what type of vehicles they are (one presumably the bin lorry). I'd also personally want to study the 5 or so minutes immediately after where 20 second clip of CCTV #2 ends. I myself would also look for video interference, lights, other anomalies (I'm good at studying video pixels but it's not like they ever give us the chance...) There are numerous other things too, like the Timecode... has it been manipulated by the police? etc...

As for the investigation, I suppose it all hinges on those 3 vehicles right now that are still being investigated? If CCTV #2 never sees him depart, and judging by the back-doors of businesses there, it makes one of those 3 cars the only logical explanation in my mind. For the record, I get a "taking a pee" vibe from CCTV #2 rather than a 3am Tinder date. Something someone said earlier in the thread, you really don't need to have your hands out your pockets any more than 1 second before you intend to pee.... sly peeing guy stuff IMO ;)

Anyway it's interesting to see how it's come along since last checking in (in thread 1 I think...), to this small back area of some shops where he literally seems to vanish. Of course, it's sad he's not found and there is still no conclusion. The best context & detail seems to be coming from findcorrie.co.uk ... the CCTV and official statements (and media coverage) are all pretty lame and obfuscating.

I will throw in one other tidbit. The bins in the Horseshoe area could well be the Gregg's bins. Gregg's bins are well known for being chock full of unopened sandwiches, donuts and a variety of other things that are still perfectly edible. When I was homeless for a short period, I would hit the Gregg's bins at 3am. I remember one night packing about 20 sandwiches into my rucksack. It'd be interesting to know if that particular Gregg's is known to locals as being a source for late night sandwiches (yes, from the bins). We know Corrie was hungry that night, and he disappears next to bins that may be containing food.

I think someone else mentioned a homeless man in the area possibly even talking to Corrie? Not sure about that but if Corrie asked a homeless person about somewhere to get food late at night, they might just suggest Gregg's bins. That is another explanation for him looking that little bit uneasy in CCTV #2... who'd want to be caught going thru Gregg's bin for a sandwich? Well, just thought I'd put that out there. Maybe I'm the only person who's ever done that...! Beyond peeing, beyond meeting someone in a car etc, Gregg's bins food is another possible explanation for his interest in that area, at the very least.

Someone local may want to probe that, see what the bins contain on weekday and weekend nights. No idea where that info could lead, but it's info we don't currently have/know. Those bins are related to one or some of the businesses round there, so the waste is typically going to be similar day in day out. We know the bin lorry tipped 15kg of something from bins taken in that area, but no detail beyond that from what I've read (or not read). The bin lorry has been apart of this since Day 1, and whilst there have been some very, very brief mentions about the load that was tipped into landfill, no specifics about what it would have been - which is why I say probing those bins might be useful, cos then we'll know the kind of stuff that was being tipped into landfill in that 15kg load. Probably not as important as the 3 "yet to be investigated" cars tho...

I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't expect to go into the hub and see the full 4 and a half hours of cctv footage. I think it's more likely to be either chopped up bits of people walking through the area, just 20 seconds or so in length so that you do have an idea of gait and physique as well as clothing, in order to help identify those 23 people, and not to do sleuthing on behaviour or anything like that. I think they'd purposely try to edit to leave out anything like that.

If the police know who a vehicle belongs to, I doubt that they will include vehicles in the footage.

The Greggs bin thing is kind of interesting if there are homeless people around. I don't want to sound like I'm negatively stereotyping, people have all sorts of reasons for being on the street and I don't believe they are bad people, it's just that something has gone wrong in their life that they couldn't fix at the time. However, some people on the streets do have mental health problems and they're unlikely to be taking meds for those conditions while on the street. I don't think Corrie was looking for more food after all that he got from the takeaway, but if a homeless person with a mental health condition saw him rummaging around in a bin (maybe for a lost phone) it's remotely possible that could trigger a response, like someone's stealing the food right out of your mouth, and that could turn to violence. But, if that had happened, I think the person would just hurry away after, leaving the injured person in situ.

I also like what you've said, Markymint, about the covert pee and taking your hands out of your pockets at the last second. That makes a lot of sense. Really good post there with multiple insightful thoughts.

I'll throw this in the mix....which is a puzzle to a couple here.

He waits, but does he/did he communicate (then or prior) ?
App's may be indeed be "encrypted", but that only applies to "the servers" and not to "a handset".

So why throw a phone in a bin (that may not have been collected until much later...maybe even late Saturday afternoon) if it could possibly contain traceable information ?

To say, they didn't want to be traced is applicable...but so far they haven't been traced. Not after the Barton area at least.

Unwillingly or willingly.... it doesn't matter, when considering the subject of being traced.

Dumping a phone would point more to a "random attack". A person completely unknown. Or a person who provided "fake" information, which would be stored on the handset.

Going willingly, Corrie would more than likely would mean "he and his phone" travelled together to the Barton area.

Going unwillingly, the above still applies.

The only reason to "dump a phone" early on, is if it fell from his pocket during a completely random attack. And then "the bin" is the nearest thing in which to dispose of it.

But in any other situation, it is more likely the phone carried some kind of information.

If he was waiting (and we don't know if he was), there may have been the possibility of communication between people. However small, however fake. It would still be on his handset.

Unwillingly = dispose of the phone later
Willingly = dispose of the phone later

I think we have to "think" in terms of "premeditated" or "random".

The only reason to "dump a phone" early on, is if it fell from his pocket during a completely random attack. And then "the bin" is the nearest thing in which to dispose of it.

I think we have to "think" in terms of "premeditated" or "random".

RSBM

You know what other scenario fits the above?

AWOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Police Hub will attract the perpetrator(s), to see what CCTV they have and whether they have been spotted? If I were LE I would definitely have a camera or two viewing the viewers.

Do we know if all the other bins have been forensically checked for Corrie? We obviously know THE bin has been checked, we've gone around in circles for endless pages about it, but how do we know he wasn't in another one? He wasn't reported missing until Monday, and presumably the police weren't exactly proactive in tracing him at first because at that time it was just a grown man who hadn't showed for work. So what's to say his phone didn't go in one bin, and him in another that was collected before police traced him to that area? If it wasn't recycling the chances of it being checked before going to an incinerator or landfill are minimal. He would never have to visibly leave the area then. Not in a car or on foot.

RSBM

You know what other scenario fits the above?

AWOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the problem....

....there an "many" scenario's that fit (given what is known and not known), it just depends on what "spin" is put on them, to make them fit.

Not knowing "how" the phone travelled is one of the major problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member