UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,all about evidence......no evidence = no case...

While this is completely correct.....

Any one of the 23 outstanding people could have vital evidence so you would think given there is seemingly no CCTV or physical evidence so far it would be priority number one to trace these people?

Instead the Police seem to be dragging their feet and going as slowly as possible!

Could be a very good reason why this is so but it sure is frustrating and the family also seem frustrated.

Yes sharpening pencils and polishing their shoes no doubt....

I think you are being naive if you think that's all they are doing. I think Tony hit the nail on the head when he said resources are tight and that's hampering the investigation...To Corrie's family he is the most important person to spend the resources on but there are so many others crimes going on that the police do have to share what they have between cases. I don't know what they are doing as I'm not privy to that, there may well have been mistakes but I believe they are desperate to find him too.

But the camera in cctv2 in the only camera that covers the horseshoe area, and that rotates shortbrackland street has only private CCTV , we have no evidence how it would be inposible to walk out,

This has been bugging me too, but I think I worked it out.

CCTV2 (the one nearest the bins) is on a rotate, 210 seconds to sweep right round if I remember correctly. We thought that meant it only covered the bins for 42 seconds so a getaway would be straight forward. Except there is private CCTV on Short B so apparently that's been ruled out, and the CCTV1 camera would catch him if he turned back the way he came in ie back towards the doorway and pub. Which leaves walking straight forward along Brentgovel St...

Now, I can't find the map to hand but I'm pretty sure there was a camera marked on either Buttermarket or High Baxter both of which meet Brentgovel, and there is also McD's in that direction. Perhaps, by process of elimination, they know he cannot feasibly have walked off in any of those directions without being filmed. It'[s the only reason I can think why they're being SO sure and why door knocks weren't done on Short B. I think they've known from early on that he didn't get past those bins.

Thank god Corrie wasn't wearing dark coloured clothing, it must have been much easier identifying where he wasn't

We/I can only go by what Tony says. He knows more than us at least. He says only by way of a 'Kennedy magic bullet' could he avoid the cameras.

Also the cameras can/do rotate but we don't know in what setting they were in. I think it possible they have 'smart' software that allows them to follow anything moving if/when it breaches a certain defined zone/rule. I think JamesKing said all but three of BSE's cameras were automatic so I wonder why the first CCTV footage was following Corrie? If it was one of the three that can be manually controlled why was it following Corrie with many others in the footage?

The first camera is one of the "manual" ones
The point tho is "field of view". And for that you only need two cameras to capture everything you need. Although one would need to be more "enhanced". But that's all.

As to what Uncle Tony has said. We have asked quite deep questions re the cameras.
And Tony has responded to those questions. And he was using the same "language".

For me... the cameras saw.

I think the police first wanted to "find Corrie" and then "pull in the likely suspects". It is easier to "link" the two crime scenes that way.

Obviously, Corrie has yet to be found. So they are going for the other half of the equation. It's not the favoured route... but it does also provide results ....and convictions.

While this is completely correct.....

Any one of the 23 outstanding people could have vital evidence so you would think given there is seemingly no CCTV or physical evidence so far it would be priority number one to trace these people?.

• 39 People have been detected on CCTV in the ‘Horeshoe’ general area in the target time window.
  • 16 have been positively identified.
  • 23 remain unidentified.
  • 9 of those who remain unidentified are described as “a person in dark clothing”.
If you think about it logically of the 23 that remain unidentified, 9 of them are in dark clothing....which Corrie wasn't. So that would mean that only 14 need to be identified! The net is closing me thinks!

hi emmie....it's great that you are going over to Bury to help Corrie's family at this difficult time....the kind side of human nature far, far outweighs the negatives&nutters imo

I reckon it's definitely worthwhile you going into hub to view footage and the fact it'll be unlikely you'll recognise the unidentified is a good thing! Rather than desperately looking at faces in the hope of recognition, your mind will be open to look at the behaviour of people there. You can look at the way the viewers are acting and listen to comments...at the very least you will get more of a 'feel' of the situation just by being there. It will also be interesting to walk the last steps seen of Corrie cctv and see that bloomin' bin area in actuality.

OT I live on other side of the world now but grew upin small town Newent, Gloucestershire and we sometimes went for Sunday walks inthe Cotswolds

All being well with wrapping up work early, I will be heading to Bury for the weekend with a friend on Friday afternoon.
My main purpose for travelling across, is to help hand out leaflets with/for Nicola & persuade people to go into the Police hub.

We're then planning a spot of Rambling on Saturday & Sunday.

I'm a bit hesitant to go into the hub myself and view the footage, especially if they are busy. As I'm all the way over in Gloucestershire at the moment, I don't want to waste police time looking at footage when I know it's highly unlikely I will recognise anyone.
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been bugging me too, but I think I worked it out.

CCTV2 (the one nearest the bins) is on a rotate, 210 seconds to sweep right round if I remember correctly. We thought that meant it only covered the bins for 42 seconds so a getaway would be straight forward. Except there is private CCTV on Short B so apparently that's been ruled out, and the CCTV1 camera would catch him if he turned back the way he came in ie back towards the doorway and pub. Which leaves walking straight forward along Brentgovel St...

Now, I can't find the map to hand but I'm pretty sure there was a camera marked on either Buttermarket or High Baxter both of which meet Brentgovel, and there is also McD's in that direction. Perhaps, by process of elimination, they know he cannot feasibly have walked off in any of those directions without being filmed. It'[s the only reason I can think why they're being SO sure and why door knocks weren't done on Short B. I think they've known from early on that he didn't get past those bins.

Thank god Corrie wasn't wearing dark coloured clothing, it must have been much easier identifying where he wasn't

The manual camera looks over the "Greenwoods" camera.
That's how it's done.

The other cameras (off in other positions) merely prove Corrie could not walk off from that area.

Once you establish the fact he didn't leave, the two cameras (either in turn or insequence) show the "comings and goings".

Hence you have "The cars" and "The people".

Note....and the second camera, whilst on rotation and unable to see "all the time", can see something that has been missed by many !

The shadows in Short Brackland.
It is surprisingly well lit around there. And lit forwards. The reason why Corries shadow disappears is because he walks on the pavement and close to the tree. But anything "out of sight" of the camera and that is in the road...can be seen.
The second camera can confirm what the first camera sees.

I know it was discussed before but I don't know if anyone confirmed this. Is there anyone on the forum able to attend the hub Thursday or Friday and pick up any information for us here to discuss? Also, I wonder if the police will allow people to take pictures of the 23, i'd assume not, but if they did would the images be allowed to be shared here, without breaching any rules?
I was going in the morning but now that's scrapped I will go Thursday evening. Its going to be manic in BSE with the arrival of the Christmas Market and its first official day is this Thursday which is more than likely the reason its being delayed tomorrow as it will attract more visitors over the latter half of the week with thousands of extra visitors to the town.
I can ask questions BUT whether I get answers or not is another thing but give me a list and I will write them down, I'll ask if i can get stills off the video but you just know the answer will be no :/

• 39 People have been detected on CCTV in the ‘Horeshoe’ general area in the target time window.
  • 9 of those who remain unidentified are described as “a person in dark clothing”.
If you think about it logically of the 23 that remain unidentified, 9 of them are in dark clothing....which Corrie wasn't. So that would mean that only 14 need to be identified! The net is closing me thinks!

But they're not trying to identify Corrie, they're trying to get those 23 people to come forward to clarify whether or not they witnessed anything, it's about what wasn't seen as much as what was.

"4 minute man" (now there's a nickname!) is the main one, he needs tracking down, he is the one most likely to have seen or heard something. If he doesn't come forward, well, that's a bit hinky.

And remember, you're only looking at those "possibly associated with a vehicle".

Leaving "unwillingly" would mean "they'd have to be out of the car".
If the phone was "dumped", you'd also be "out of the car".

The net is indeed tightening me thinks.

But the camera in cctv2 in the only camera that covers the horseshoe area, and that rotates shortbrackland street has only private CCTV , we have no evidence how it would be inposible to walk out,

It does rotate, I know. We don't know if the second CCTV camera did turn away or if it did, how long it took to return.

Like I said previously these cameras *could* be 'smart' in the sense they are normally in automatic (or patrol if you will) mode but if a subject (car, person) breaks a set rule or strays into a defined area it would then track that subject and not be on automatic preset any more.

Not saying it is the case here but it could be and is why Tony is so sure Corrie didn't leave that bin area because the camera remained looking there for a much longer period.

Cast list

(people who possibly had contact with Corrie in approximate chronological order)

Corrie's RAF mates that he was out with
Bar staff in early pubs
Man he had possible words with in Flex
Flex bouncers
Homeless man
Take away owner
Man in black LXXVIII tshirt who played rock paper scissors
Person who spoke to Corrie in doorway
4 minute man.

Ah yes sweet Mikaeel kular was also the reason I initially signed up to websleuths. Horrific. Poor boy!

The manual camera looks over the "Greenwoods" camera.
That's how it's done.

The other cameras (off in other positions) merely prove Corrie could not walk off from that area.

Once you establish the fact he didn't leave, the two cameras (either in turn or insequence) show the "comings and goings".

Hence you have "The cars" and "The people".

Note....and the second camera, whilst on rotation and unable to see "all the time", can see something that has been missed by many !

The shadows in Short Brackland.
It is surprisingly well lit around there. And lit forwards. The reason why Corries shadow disappears is because he walks on the pavement and close to the tree. But anything "out of sight" of the camera and that is in the road...can be seen.
The second camera can confirm what the first camera sees.
So shortbreckland street would be inposible to walk down with out being seen even if cctv2 missed him the others in short Breckland would have seen hin,

Cast list

(people who possibly had contact with Corrie in approximate chronological order)

Corrie's RAF mates that he was out with
Bar staff in early pubs
Man he had possible words with in Flex
Flex bouncers
Homeless man
Take away owner
Man in black LXXVIII tshirt who played rock paper scissors
Person who spoke to Corrie in doorway
4 minute man.

What about Mildenhall Man?

Oh, remind me who mildenhall man is?? Also, I thought the same about the last 23 suspects - surely they are looking at all of them, not ones that looked like Corrie?

Tony has just verified under a FB post that recording or photos of the images will not be an option at the hub. I figured as much.

Oh, remind me who mildenhall man is?? Also, I thought the same about the last 23 suspects - surely they are looking at all of them, not ones that looked like Corrie?

Isn't Mildenhall man the US guy in black teeshirt in the takeaway joint...

So shortbreckland street would be inposible to walk down with out being seen even if cctv2 missed him the others in short Breckland would have seen hin,

It's "IF" the two cameras missed him. Theoretically they could have. But now I don't believe they did. And the obvious one, isn't the obvious one.

And then you have another on SB that he'd have to pass. Again, theoretically it could be passed (if it's not on or pointing 90 degrees the other way).

So, in theory "Yes". But probable, "No".

I think they are attempting to trace "witnesses" who were around the area at the time. Not called suspects at this time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member