UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode/IP33 1EA

I found something interesting from the link Gardener supplied back on page 4 regarding crime stats in the area. In Sep 2016, three reports of "theft from body" were reported in Bury, one off Brentgovel St. Is there any way we can get more info on this incident to see if it's related?

There's a little bit more information on the police.uk website - interactive map, filterable by crime type. You can click on the crimes to see the current investigation status, but not a great deal more info than that.

CCTV clip 2:

[video=vimeo;188268494]https://vimeo.com/188268494[/video]

Seeing this again with a better idea of the geography of this little area, it's obvious to me that if a vehicle came from the left, from Short Brackland, the camera would clearly see the driver, and maybe get a glimpse of whether there was a passenger or not. If the vehicle then turned in the horseshoe and emerged, a passenger would be on the side nearest the camera.

Similarly if a vehicle came towards the camera, both driver and any passenger would be seen clearly. If it again pulls into and then out of the horseshoe the passenger would be clearly seen by the camera.

So I'm guessing that the point of interest is whether a vehicle came into the horseshoe with only a driver visible but then left with someone clearly in the passenger seat.

Sorry if that seems a bit obvious but this may be what they're looking for - ie a vehicle which came out of the blind spot with a passenger it didn't have going in.

Thanks, I just find it incredible that no trace of Corrie has been found 8 weeks later, I just also find it very strange that the police are not showing the unidentified people to the media, some of these people are likely to live elsewhere so people in BSE may not recognise them anyway, the photos/cctv needs to be shared nationwide, that way they have a better chance of someone recognising these people.

It's so that locals have chance to rule themselves out without splashing their faces nationwide. It's also to minimise the number of people calling in saying "looks like my mate Dave, he lives 200 miles away but it really looks like him". Frustrating as it is for us I can understand why they do it. I think once they have narrowed the 32/23 down to just a few they might just let the images go public.

Shame it's taken so long but it would take a lot of work to match up all the people, cameras and timings into a good enough film to show :(

I've had another stroll around the area Corrie was last seen (on google streetmap). It is quite an open area really, the CCTV images made me think it was quite small and closed off.

If anyone else has a look (or a local knows) is that a CCTV camera above a lamp on what I believe is the rear of Museum building ? It would face the bike rack I think ?

I would expect that there are quite a few private CCTV cameras around there frankly. There is the back of the museum, rear of a jewellers alone that might have them as that must be a vulnerable area for break ins.

This would all be good news in the search, but takes time to go through no doubt.

Nicola has just posted:

"URGENT UPDATE.
AT SUCH SHORT NOTICE WE CANNOT HAVE THE POLICE HUB UP FOR TOMORROW (Wednesday) IT WILL NOW BE UP ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY"

I think, TBH, that dating apps are a godsend to psychopaths, sex attackers and their ilk. I imagine we will be hearing about a lot of murders and attacks linked to their use in the coming years.

Therefore we really should not rule out a straight or gay hookup for Corrie unless something very convincing emerges to the contrary.

Nicola told me that it was possible he had arranged to meet someone through a phone app. She also said he went on alot of dates only shortly after speaking to girls online.

I am confused, if Corrie's car was nearby, why didn't he go to it & get in it to have a sleep? This must confirm that somebody took him or an accident happened. (Not sure if this has been mentioned as it is my first post, I haven't read all 5 threads yet...)

Because the vast majority of Servicemen know that to have a set of keys on you whilst asleep drunk in a car constitutes a criminal offence. He is in possession of his vehicle.
Interestingly though this didn't cross his mind when he was allegedly sat in his car drinking earlier on in the evening. Hmmmm.

Seeing this again with a better idea of the geography of this little area, it's obvious to me that if a vehicle came from the left, from Short Brackland, the camera would clearly see the driver, and maybe get a glimpse of whether there was a passenger or not. If the vehicle then turned in the horseshoe and emerged, a passenger would be on the side nearest the camera.

Similarly if a vehicle came towards the camera, both driver and any passenger would be seen clearly. If it again pulls into and then out of the horseshoe the passenger would be clearly seen by the camera.

So I'm guessing that the point of interest is whether a vehicle came into the horseshoe with only a driver visible but then left with someone clearly in the passenger seat.

Sorry if that seems a bit obvious but this may be what they're looking for - ie a vehicle which came out of the blind spot with a passenger it didn't have going in.
We automatically assume a right hand drive vehicle.

Thanks, I just find it incredible that no trace of Corrie has been found 8 weeks later, I just also find it very strange that the police are not showing the unidentified people to the media, some of these people are likely to live elsewhere so people in BSE may not recognise them anyway, the photos/cctv needs to be shared nationwide, that way they have a better chance of someone recognising these people.

I thought that too but in Tony's FB update on the 20/11 he stated we can expect to see TV media appeals in the next few days. Maybe they suspect those involved to be local so just want to show the people of BSE first to stagger the response and make it more manageable?

We automatically assume a right hand drive vehicle.

Yes indeed. I've been thinking for a week or so now that if the car they are interested in happened to be a left hand drive one that would implicate a US serviceman (or his bored wife), in which case Suffolk Police might be having to build a case that would satisfy the US military authorities. I don't know whether handing over a US serviceman for questioning would amount to a form of extradition.

No, they would hold no "diplomatic immunity", it would be "the Law of the land".

It would more likely be, thus far they only have "unidentified potential suspects" and their motivation may not be fully know.
As it's only "circumstantial" at the moment (they were in a car and in the area Corrie was last seen in) the case remains as a "Missing Persons".

Nicola has just posted:

"URGENT UPDATE.
AT SUCH SHORT NOTICE WE CANNOT HAVE THE POLICE HUB UP FOR TOMORROW (Wednesday) IT WILL NOW BE UP ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY"

I hope there may be good reasons for this?? i.e. New information / leads to follow up on?

Also just to add that Corrie's car was a two-seater convertible, with seats that don't recline, it would be like trying to fall asleep on an aeroplane and maybe the temptation to just drive home while still drunk would be too great.

I understand it is an offence to get into a car whilst drunk, being the owner and in possession of the keys. You can be arrested for intending to drive the car. I might be wrong though. Just certain people have been arrested for the same. Also from Flex nightclub Corrie's car would have been relatively close. He walked down to Mama Mia's and if intending to walk home as suggested, he moved to finish his takeaway off in Hughes entrance. He then slept for around 2 hours. We don't actually know what plans he had. He may have been killing time if he had arranged to meet someone. If wanting to meet up in a quiet private area, he/they chose the right spot.

Hi I'm new to this site and have a question for you. Probably going to think it's silly/been asked before but going to ask anyway. Has anyone asked Nicola or has it been spoken off, was Corrie seen on CCTV having a wee in Hughes doorway ? or on route to horseshoe area? Might help establish if he was indeed looking for a quite corner or if something else took him over to the area not seen on CCTV :)

Because the vast majority of Servicemen know that to have a set of keys on you whilst asleep drunk in a car constitutes a criminal offence. He is in possession of his vehicle.
Interestingly though this didn't cross his mind when he was allegedly sat in his car drinking earlier on in the evening. Hmmmm.

I think that means we can probably dismiss the idea that not wanting to break the law was the reason for not sleeping in the car. Someone pointed out that it would be a very uncomfortable car to try and sleep in so maybe he just didn't want to be cramped up in the car or as Nicola says the falling asleep wasn'y intended it had never crossed his mind to return to the car for a nap

JMO

I thought that too but in Tony's FB update on the 20/11 he stated we can expect to see TV media appeals in the next few days. Maybe they suspect those involved to be local so just want to show the people of BSE first to stagger the response and make it more manageable?

That's good to hear, I wonder if that will include photos of the unidentified 23, I know we discussed whether this would be allowed on the last thread. Let's hope that it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234