UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is all very odd. There does seem to be something about this person that is making the Police extremely nervous about showing him. At least that is the impression I'm getting rightly or wrongly.

It could be the police know who they are but the footage is the only thing they have on the assumed culprit so it makes more sense for them to not release the footage and just freak the person out with continued discussion about the cctv instead. If they release the footage they could be playing all their cards prematurely.

Again a quick clarification:
The rehabilitation property is on Lower Baxter Street, not on Short Brackland, it is subject to curfew.

I agree with the suggestion that a small scale drug deal, the sorts of which may be conducted in the relative open, would be unlikely to incur a kidnap attempt if stumbled upon.

The very nature of Bury st Edmunds is such that anything sex trade related is unlikely, especially that close to town.

I don't think Corrie was buying drugs himself because your "dealer" is unlikely to live 2 hours away, especially if you live a fairly closeted lifestyle of Airbase and Bury Town, so why would he wait? And with both a drugs/ paid for sex angle, are we really of the belief that he would rather spend his "taxi" money on such services rather than just go back to his dog etc.

The ever changing terminology and slowing of information leads me to suspect that this is a case of a young man panicking about information pertaining to either or a criminal act committed/ sex life revelation leaking to his family and employer, and as such has done what many of us would do at his age, run away from our troubles, however he didn't bank on the mumsnet brigade creating such noise.
c

I am with you on this one, all very logical.

Yet they show others that are also identified? They didn't even blur any of those out? The first CCTV had the Grapes people blurred out....

If they have identified him/her why have they not asked for a chat?
My guess is legs is the lurker. If running man has id'd legs they will show legs the stills/cctv of lurker and say "is this you". If yes, then they will ask "did you see him" and show stills/cctv of corrie. Hopefully they will then have something. I am only surmising how this works and that it is a process of elimination until you are left with info about what happened. Whether we will or should be privy to this I very much doubt until there is something concrete. The last we heard is 23 need to come forward-9 in dark clothing. Could those 9 all be the one person wandering up and down and in and out of doorways and the bin area? I don't think that is fully known yet. I am mystified at the length of time it is taking.

It could be the police know who they are but the footage is the only thing they have on the assumed culprit so it makes more sense for them to not release the footage and just freak the person out with continued discussion about the cctv instead. If they release the footage they could be playing all their cards prematurely.

I'm really not sure the Police would play those sort of games TBH. As far as we know this person is a potential witness just like all the others so if they did know who it is they would just invite them to have a chat (if they didn't come forward themselves).

Question: Have the Police officially acknowledged publicly this person exists?

I'm really not sure the Police would play those sort of games TBH. As far as we know this person is a potential witness just like all the others so if they did know who it is they would just invite them to have a chat (if they didn't come forward themselves).

Question: Have the Police officially acknowledged publicly this person exists?
Well they showed him/her on cctv both at the mcdonalds hub and the BSE pod so have left it to the viewers to determine that haven't they?

Well they showed him/her on cctv both at the mcdonalds hub and the BSE pod so have left it to the viewers to determine that haven't they?

Even that is pretty sketchy though. Like I say the walking on eggshells over this person is very, very odd. The question is why?

Just my two pennies worth re drugs and nefarious activities:

In a past life, when I was part of a 'party community' I no longer subscribe too, 20 years ago now, but I doubt much has really changed as per the mentality, I remember the main dealer sold a couple GBH and they both ended up on life support. No-one was apparently prepared to 'grass' him up, as he was an 'alright guy' and everyone liked him. He hadn't hurt them on purpose, it was their own fault for taking it in the first place mentality, wrong place wrong time, just one of those things. No-one could care less about the anguish of the family, what it took for those people to recover, or had any kind of responsibility towards seeing the right thing done!! if anything similar did happen to corrie, ie drug deal gone bad, accidental overdose, accident under the influence, altercation with a drug dealer, I'm not convinced that anyone will come forward if they follow the same opinions :(

as regards walking into a nefarious situation, random things do happen anytime anywhere. I remember walking my dog around the same period through a normal street that was a combination of one/two bedroomed flats and family homes. As my dog and I approached the end of the road /dead end, I saw two large, shiny cars parked alongside each other. As I approached, two men got out the car on the right, wearing, I kid you not, black suits, black ties and black shades, 1 was carrying a briefcase. Then out the car alongside, stepped another two men, also wearing black suits, black ties and black shades, 1 carrying a briefcase. The car on the right popped its boot open, and both men placed their respective briefcases in the boot. I just remember feeling completely bemused by the scene that seemed like something out of Reservoir dogs!! The 4 men turned to stare at me as I walked past, Christ knows what was going on, but nothing good I can tell you. So bizarre things can happen at random in the most unexpected places, this was at 6pm on a weekday evening!

I'm torn between the above, ie him walking into something totally unexpected; a drug deal gone bad; overdose, accident under the influence; accident ie he was having a pee, stepped out from behind the bins straight into the path of a car pulling out from the area, got hit, they paniced as they were up to something illegal and it just got worse from there; jumping onto the back of the lorry for a lift after it had weighed its bins and jumping off somewhere on the way home and having an accident, so the driver never knew he was there; or collected by a friend/taxi, dropped off and having an accident on the way trying to get home, and someone feeling guilty as hell but not wanting to come forward in case they're implicated because they left him, when really they shouldn't have as they knew he was not in a fit state. So many possible theories......

Even that is pretty sketchy though. Like I say the walking on eggshells over this person is very, very odd. The question is why?
I don't think they are doing that but I think they have to be sure before they pull anyone. At the moment there is no crime. People are perfectly within their rights to be on the streets be it walking home, waiting to meet someone going in to shelter from rain or cold or to sleep. After all they are only doing what corrie himself was doing - hanging around for a couple of hours or only minutes in some cases. There's no law against that.

It is odd. Compare it to Claudia Lawrence's case CCTV shown on a moving vehicle for all to see, quick, what some would deem early heavy handed arrests, pubs searched and houses of suspects searched- all released and no further forward in the case. Repeat this a few times over the years and still no further forwards. Her character, sex life, potential sex life and everything else have been scrutinised, none of which has helped. Maybe the opposite approach may be more successful, the police at any given time will try their best based on the latest training guidance and advice, based on experience from previous cases and with the staffing that they have.
Im not great at theories, I have lots, most of them as woolly as the next one and all with serious doubts. I would love someone to fine tooth comb analyse just the police statements (trying to ignore what we have been told by family) and see what theories that would bring about and what unanswered questions we then have.

Well eejay that would have freaked me out but I would have done same as you. At the end of the day it's not against the law to be driving a etc (what u said). The police have a massive job there I'm afraid. My dogs always bark at anyone suspicious so they would have created at them and I would have had to drag them by quickly anyway.

One thing I wonder is why corrie wasn't with "his American friend from the base". Could it have been the American friend having the party? Maybe he was shipping out and it was a leaving party? If the takeaway guy says corrie was usually with him, corrie's friends would know him too wouldn't they? Maybe that's who corrie sent the photo too as he had told him Darroch was coming down the following weekend?

I've heard no murmurings of four minute lurker being identified (although running man has so that might be helpful in regards to the lurker) I was also under the impression lurker was pointed out in the pod on the first day but not the second day. Whether they've showed anyone the footage of them leaving the horseshoe I don't know. You'd think they have more than just legs, in fact we know they do.

I have just remembered something else that the officer at the pod said. She confirmed that it wasn't clear where the 4 minute man had come from and that it might not have been from the horseshoe.

I also contacted the police today to ask if there was any chance of seeing a couple of the CCTV clips in more detail. The reply was that they will be publishing those who are not yet identified next week, both in the papers and on the Suffolk Constabulary website.

I have just remembered something else that the officer at the pod said. She confirmed that it wasn't clear where the 4 minute man had come from and that it might not have been from the horseshoe.

I also contacted the police today to ask if there was any chance of seeing a couple of the CCTV clips in more detail. The reply was that they will be publishing those who are not yet identified next week, both in the papers and on the Suffolk Constabulary website.

well that's interesting, wonder if they'll post that missing clip, or any clips of the cars?

Polo as you saw the pod, can you also clarify that some of the cc tv timings were possibly 5 minutes out in the camera times?

Hello. I'm new to this thread. I'm sorry I've not been able to read all 31 pages on my phone.
This is probably stupid but do u think corrie could have attempted to cycle home? Maybe there was a bike abandoned in the horseshoe area. Maybe he took it but worried about being seen and either climbed over the steps shown in the horseshoe area? Maybe his phones in the bin because he climbed on the bin to get up and it fell out his pocket? Sorry if stupid

One would hope they did that in the first week or two into the investigation.

If the cars "departed", then they must have arrived ?
Since the police (via the family) say they have seen cars, then one assumes this is from 0325 onwards.

Why not say if "he arrived and departed" ?

We can only deal in "known facts". And we don't know them all.

1. Corrie appears to be waiting.
2. The strongest suspicion is that he left in a car.
3. His phone transmitted from the Barton area.

Note... there is no "matching" confirmation as to "what time was it in the Barton area". The police said "upto 0800". The family say "it last transmitted at 0420". The calculation of the phone moving is approx 28 minutes. The bin lorry arrived around 0400 ish (give or take).

None of these times match (although "phone data" isn't accurate).
But there are "unclear" discrepancies here.

And "hi everyone".

<modsnip>

i've kinda bought into your waiting theory but what happens next??

Hello. I'm new to this thread. I'm sorry I've not been able to read all 31 pages on my phone.
This is probably stupid but do u think corrie could have attempted to cycle home? Maybe there was a bike abandoned in the horseshoe area. Maybe he took it but worried about being seen and either climbed over the steps shown in the horseshoe area? Maybe his phones in the bin because he climbed on the bin to get up and it fell out his pocket? Sorry if stupid

I don't know what you mean by climbed over the steps but he would have been picked up on cctv leaving the area so unless we're talking different clothes and motorbike helmet I'd say no.

hi munchy, welcome. Not stupid at all I don't think the bike thing has ever been clarified tbh and 3 vehicles leaving have not been clarified yet either by anyone as to whether one was a bike. I think the stairs up have been checked tho. Phone in bin ? No one knows.

So can u not climb up and over those stairs seen in the horseshoe area? The black metal ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie