UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the phone pinged Barton Mills mast around 4.20 and the bin lorry driver saw the three teens near the cornhill at 4.20 (possibly can be corroborated by CCTV) then the bin lorry is not part of the events! JMO

Except the times keep changing - now its 4.58 for BM mast ping! fgs!

No Melmoth. The phone entered the BM mast area at 0458 and died at approximately 0800.

Agreed. This point has been clarified. Unfortunately the family's official site says the phone died at around 5am, hence the confusion.

No Melmoth. The phone entered the BM mast area at 0458 and died at approximately 0800.

or 0400. Or 0420. Or 0430 ...and then quit. Or quit at 0800

The art of "misdirection". Fire in loads of data in, no one will know whats going on.

or 0400. Or 0420. Or 0430 ...and then quit. Or quit at 0800

The art of "misdirection". Fire in loads of data in, no one will know whats going on.

I'll trust the police going forward, I think.

At the moment if the family say that grass is green, I'm going to stick my head out of the window to check.

The images on camera only prove the cars were in existence on that morning....

....maybe one doesn't exist anymore ?
....and maybe that's the reason why the police were interested in the scrapyard near Mildenhall?

BBM

But this means that the phone travelled only 6 miles in almost half an hour.

Yet we were told that the bin lorry did not stop on its journey from BSE to BM.

Am I going bonkers?
No you're not. I live in a rural village 7 miles from nearest town and we have never done it (drive I mean) in less than 20 minutes. It could mean rural back roads avoiding cctv like midsummers maps show earlier in thread or slowness due to previous speculative reasons surmised.

It's obviously going to be difficult (and illegal) to have a drink on camp and then drive to Robert Roby Way. That would explain him preloading when he got there before meeting his mates. There are street signs forbidding the consumption of alcohol on the street which explains him drinking in the car.
attachment.php

Unsure about cctv on Robert Roby Way.
Two cars (three including Corrie's).

Again, I think the bin lorry is an irrelevance and a red herring at the moment. Just coincidental.
Thanks midsummer. So how many went out in each car? Is this a layby on Robert Boby? ( it looks like it) Did everyone park here or just Corrie? Anyone know for sure?

Are there sources for any of this, or is it just speculation?

A bit of both, I think. It was reliably reported much earlier that the police were searching somewhere or something at Beck Row, and I pointed out that there was a scrap yard just north of there. The two seem to have been conflated.

A bit of both, I think. It was reliably reported much earlier that the police were searching somewhere or something at Beck Row, and I pointed out that there was a scrap yard just north of there. The two seem to have been conflated.

Thanks - I remember the Beck Row search being in the media, just nothing specific about a scrap yard or a particular field.

Thanks - I remember the Beck Row search being in the media, just nothing specific about a scrap yard or a particular field.

IIRC it was just local chatter? Interestingly on the link I posted the media had the heads up on the search ('later today') yet we didn't get any pictures from the search AFAIK?

IIRC it was just local chatter? Interestingly on the link I posted the media had the heads up on the search ('later today') yet we didn't get any pictures from the search AFAIK?

Yes, seems to be local rumour .... strange that it was initially reported in media then not mentioned again. No mention on Suffolk Police website either (though it mentions the road closure earlier that same day).

Yes, seems to be local rumour .... strange that it was initially reported in media then not mentioned again. No mention on Suffolk Police website either (though it mentions the road closure earlier that same day).

It does seem from a Google search that the link I posted is the only source. A local Fife paper then picked it up about 1hr 25 minutes later. Odd!

Thanks midsummer. So how many went out in each car? Is this a layby on Robert Boby? ( it looks like it) Did everyone park here or just Corrie? Anyone know for sure?
The parking on Robert Boby Way is a long lay-by with parking for around 12 vehicles. It's always very difficult to get a space as it's free parking from 9 - 5 for 1 hour and probably the only free parking area in the town in the evening.

Unless....Corrie was in the vehicle WITH his phone, he was dropped at one place and his phone was discarded at another?

No you're not. I live in a rural village 7 miles from nearest town and we have never done it (drive I mean) in less than 20 minutes. It could mean rural back roads avoiding cctv like midsummers maps show earlier in thread or slowness due to previous speculative reasons surmised.

No you're not. The A1101 (road from Bury to Fiveways roundabout/Barton Mills) is a slow road with quite a few bends (and accidents through people driving too fast :-( ). There are also a number of 30mph speed limits through the villages (Fornham All Saints, Hengrave, Flempton, Lackford and Icklingham). Icklingham is a 'long' village so quite a long 30mph stretch. I live on this road about 6 miles out of Bury and driving to Bury in the morning, leaving home just before 6 am it takes me at least 15 mins (and that's with foot on the pedal between 30mph signs!) so a bin lorry/large vehicle/slow vehicle would IMO take longer.

Unless....Corrie was in the vehicle WITH his phone, he was dropped at one place and his phone was discarded at another?

Could be anything at the moment.....

To me. A "wait" suggests a "meeting".
And a "meeting" suggests "willingly" going somewhere.

So, he, his phone, the car and the driver ...could easily all have been in the Barton Mills area together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie