Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

Exactly. That half hour gap could have been the bin lorry rumbling along a largely empty road at around 12mph OR a car with Corrie and his phone in pulling over for a period of time for some reason or other before going on.

If they were heading for a party and had already been drinking, maybe Corrie or the driver felt really sick and stopped to throw up.

Or, IF this was Corrie being assisted to go AWOL, time for the car to pull over for quarter of an hour or so and the driver ask, "Are you sure you want to do this, mate? There's still time to change your mind." Or time for Corrie to change clothes into something less noticeable.

As I've previously said, I do not think the phone was in the bin lorry. So I'm really looking for a scenario in which it would take the phone an apparent half hour to cover 6 miles. As we've both said, a car stopping for a while in the middle of nowhere between the mast catchment areas would provide that scenario.
So the vehicle with corrie, phone and driver stops in the dead zone for some reason . Wouldnt these times of the last pings on the BSE mast and the subsequent first pings on the BM mast be known? Work out how far apart in time they are and see if they equate to a deadzone, compare to the deadzone map on all the vehicle routes out and see if another wait is indicated? Search there? Do we have these times ? and of course I am theorising with all this .

So the vehicle with corrie, phone and driver stops in the dead zone for some reason . Wouldnt these times of the last pings on the BSE mast and the subsequent first pings on the BM mast be known? Work out how far apart in time they are and see if they equate to a deadzone, compare to the deadzone map on all the vehicle routes out and see if another wait is indicated? Search there? Do we have these times ? and of course I am theorising with all this .

Someone has posted a section of OS map several times with the approximate radii of the footprints of the masts in question along with the farewell and hello times which shows both the time gap and the dead zone between the masts.

Would somebody please oblige?

I have searched and searched but can't find the maps posted with the mast radius circled in red. Can some super-duper helpful person repost them for me so I can screenshot them? TIA!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

What time of day are these journeys though? The bin lorry was doing it at between 4.30am and 5am when there would be very little other traffic on the road.
My 7 mile journey is never in busy times and I read that Girls would be during Suffolk rush hour, if there is one. Correct me if I am wrong Girl please?

I think I saw them on the family website . Will have a look. Yep they are on the 20 nov update "vehicle". Could someone link those maps? I cant do that on my mobile. My screen is also too small to properly view these.

I have searched and searched but can't find the maps posted with the mast radius circled in red. Can some super-duper helpful person repost them for me so I can screenshot them? TIA!

I want to say it was midsummer who posted if that helps at all

But wouldn't that then show stationary for a time on the tower pings? The reason it was initially matched to the bin lorry route was because? I thought it was because it hadn't stopped? Were
attachment.php
he police or family the original source for this? Can we pin this down fps?

Take another look at my rough approximate mast areas. Remember, these are rough and based on the prescribed 3 mile radius for each...
attachment.php

The second image looks at suggested routes INTO THE BM MAST AREA by vehicles (not the bin lorry as it's been established that it took the A1101 route).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 127
If we're going to make the assumption Corrie got into a vehicle for a planned lift by someone he knew, what would constitute "knowing someone"

How likely is it to be someone military/a non military friend/someone he's never physically met before but have spoken to previously?

I think this is where you have to think about what his motives really were. Would it be too presumptuous to say he wasn't intending on going home?

I think I saw them on the family website . Will have a look. Yep they are on the 20 nov update "vehicle". Could someone link those maps? I cant do that on my mobile. My screen is also too small to properly view these.

Thanks all. The maps on the website may be more exact. I can't see them or midsummers version in enough detail so will have to leave it to those of you with big screens.
Edit. Can see the circles and the times on midsummers maps. Is 0400 and 0458 the phone pings for BSE mast and BM mast midsummer? Meaning an hour with no signal? That's a long time between the masts isn't it? Has to indicate a stop if those times are right doesn't it?

This has been brought up before and we've speculated on it but AFAIK there has never been anything about it from the police.

That may be true, but every mast has a maximum range beyond which it cannot be reached by the phone. Otherwise you could never ben out of range or not get a signal. From memory of previous posts on the subject, I believe there are three different powers or sizes of masts with different footprint radii.

In additions to my images and mast area comments. You have to bare in mind that the mast may not give 100% coverage. For example, my initial research suggests that there is very limited coverage (if any at all) around the old Celtic Iron Age farm and Fordham areas. Additionally, a large stretch of road leading towards the BM mast is exceptionally limited if not none existent.

On October 2nd the police said that they believe Corrie may have been in the Mildenhall area between 4.30-8am. Would they, using all manner of whizzy, super-technology, have been able to pinpoint his phone to Mildenhall? Or would it be more likely a CCTV capture or something else???
Apologies if this has been asked previously, Im struggling to search the threads at the moment

If we're going to make the assumption Corrie got into a vehicle for a planned lift by someone he knew, what would constitute "knowing someone"

How likely is it to be someone military/a non military friend/someone he's never physically met before but have spoken to previously?

I think this is where you have to think about what his motives really were. Would it be too presumptuous to say he wasn't intending on going home?

I think we can speculate it was arranged. It could have been for the weekend, for a party, a casual hook up, someone finishing work at 3.30, awol, many reasons, so until a vehicle can be tied to the known events it will not be clear imo. I guess this is the issue and why he hasn't been found yet.

Take another look at my rough approximate mast areas. Remember, these are rough and based on the prescribed 3 mile radius for each...
attachment.php

Hang on a sec. If I read this correctly, Corrie's phone signed off from BSE mast at 4am and onto the BM mast at 4.58am?

If so, there's a time gap of almost one hour to be accounted for, not half an hour.

Even weirder.

On October 2nd the police said that they believe Corrie may have been in the Mildenhall area between 4.30-8am. Would they, using all manner of whizzy, super-technology, have been able to pinpoint his phone to Mildenhall? Or would it be more likely a CCTV capture or something else???
Apologies if this has been asked previously, Im struggling to search the threads at the moment

To pinpoint location you need to do triangulation. I'd be talking out of my bum if I went any further but I think it needs to be done as the phone is transmitting and there are strict laws about it.

My last paragraph related to the tachograph of the bin lorry which will show if the bin lorry has stopped, speed it's driving etc. So if you know the speed it's driving and that it didn't stop you could make a good guess of what time the bin lorry hit the bm mast using the departure time from bse on cctv.

I'm not sure the police could ping the lorry drivers phone, seems to be a lot of strict rules in place (probably given the hacking scandal)

12th November;" Option 3 – Analysis into option 3 continues. This includes further, technical analysis of the bin lorry’s movements using experts from SCIT analysing Tachograph data for example, and technical analysis of the possibility of a phone moving with it." Showing them looking at tachograph data

This is an example of the OLD analogue tachograph system that every vehicle above a certain weight HAS to have by law. The Working Time Directive (WTD applicable to Mobile Workers) enhances this through EEC regulations and directives. Many in the industry suggest that the UK Drivers Hours system is suffice and the additional meddling by the EEC system only complicates it further. Even drivers find it confusing. REMEMBER, THIS IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.

1. Your name (surname and first name). Filled in before driving.
2. The place where you started work. Filled in before driving.
3. The place where you finished work. Filled in after driving.
4. Start date. Fill in today's date before you start driving.
5. Finish date. Fill in after you finish driving.
6. The registration number of your vehicle. Filled in before driving.
7. The odometer reading at the end of the day.
8. The odometer reading at the start of the day.
9. Opening reading subtracted from closing reading equals total daily kilometres travelled.
At the beginning of the day the driver must fill in 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8. At the end of the day the driver must fill in 3, 5 and 7.
If he/she something out, they may be taken to court. By law, they keep their original charts with them to produce for inspection by enforcement staff on request. This could be roadside checks by VOSA, Police, Emergency Services, Transport Managers etc.
Again, by law they MUST carry tachograph charts for the current day and the previous 28 calendar days.
This old analogue system of paper circular discs has been superseded by the new electronic 'digicard' (bit like a credit card) but the legislation remains the same.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 21
Of course the drugs is a theory although there is absolutely no evidence to support this theory in that nothing has been said by anyone that he was a drug user. However, its an odd time to be scoring drugs isn't it 3.30am after you have been out. Also, its apparent he's quite drunk so surely the thinking that he could get busted would surely happen in the cold light of day when he is sober not whilst still intoxicated, I doubt repercussions of behaviour would cross his mind in that state and we know that he didn't return to the barracks so for me this isn't it.

How I read it is that Corrie's phone came within range of the BM mast at 4.58am and remained there until 8am.

Now as I understand it (and I could be wrong) phones ping a mast when they come within its range, a sort of "Hello!", and ping when they leave to say "Farewell!".

If the phone is completely silent, ie no calls, text messages, emails or any other activity going on, they will not ping again until they need to, eg to confirm their whereabouts for some sort of communication. A call comes in. A tweet goes out. An app updates.

IF there is no activity to cause a ping, the phone would only be in contact with the mast to say Farewell. From the info we have, it appears the Corrie's phone did NOT sign off from the BM mast so was still in its area when it died at around 8am.

So if the police have evidence of activity on the phone up to 8am that's almost certainly because it was active in some way. That doesn't have to be deliberately made communication such as a call or tweet, it could simply be that an email comes in or suchlike.

Quite a few weeks ago the Police were asking for sightings of Corrie in the BM area up to 8am, so to me that means they thought it very possible that he was with his phone until it died.

Thanks all. The maps on the website may be more exact. I can't see them or midsummers version in enough detail so will have to leave it to those of you with big screens.
Edit. Can see the circles and the times on midsummers maps. Is 0400 and 0458 the phone pings for BSE mast and BM mast midsummer? Meaning an hour with no signal? That's a long time between the masts isn't it? Has to indicate a stop if those times are right doesn't it?
I've edited my previous post and show it here as it is mimicking melmoths query about this hour. Are these correct timings?

Would it be too presumptuous to say he wasn't intending on going home?

No, it wouldn't. The more I look at this the more likely it seems to me to have been planned.

I've been thinking about this in terms of him going missing for 4-6 months, because 3 months from his last known sighting takes us to Christmas Eve. A week later will be Hogmanay. If he really has gone AWOL, the Christmas and New Year period are going to be very hard for him, on his own and unable to contact his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanzzzzz83