UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it wouldn't. The more I look at this the more likely it seems to me to have been planned.

I've been thinking about this in terms of him going missing for 4-6 months, because 3 months from his last known sighting takes us to Christmas Eve. A week later will be Hogmanay. If he really has gone AWOL, the Christmas and New Year period are going to be very hard for him, on his own and unable to contact his family.

Even if he didn't intend on becoming a misper, he didn't seem to be going back to base (according to phone data anyway)

I've edited my previous post and show it here as it is mimicking melmoths query about this hour. Are these correct timings?
The bm ping is 4.58 that's correct. The bse ping I cannot find confirmation of. I personally thought it was closer to 4.30 but I have no source (certainly nothing I can use here) so I can only say bm is right.

Thinking logically to be assumed in the bin lorry you'd think the bse ping would be near the time the lorry left?

If we're going to make the assumption Corrie got into a vehicle for a planned lift by someone he knew, what would constitute "knowing someone"

How likely is it to be someone military/a non military friend/someone he's never physically met before but have spoken to previously?

I think this is where you have to think about what his motives really were. Would it be too presumptuous to say he wasn't intending on going home?
Think about it logically. This is speculation but join up the dots.
The inferences suggest that he's waiting for a lift out of BSE at 0130 onwards (0330?). He MUST have had prior contact with the driver to arrange that. Be it taxi, private car or otherwise. The phone travels from BSE towards BM at a steady rate. We know this from the ping updates (am I the only one seeing the big picture lol?). It stops within the BM mast footprint either battery expiry, turned off or damaged. It's also inferred that he party's in that direction occasionally. There are other married accommodation and single accommodation facilities in that area.

How I read it is that Corrie's phone came within range of the BM mast at 4.58am and remained there until 8am.

Now as I understand it (and I could be wrong) phones ping a mast when they come within its range, a sort of "Hello!", and ping when they leave to say "Farewell!".

If the phone is completely silent, ie no calls, text messages, emails or any other activity going on, they will not ping again until they need to, eg to confirm their whereabouts for some sort of communication. A call comes in. A tweet goes out. An app updates.

IF there is no activity to cause a ping, the phone would only be in contact with the mast to say Farewell. From the info we have, it appears the Corrie's phone did NOT sign off from the BM mast so was still in its area when it died at around 8am.

So if the police have evidence of activity on the phone up to 8am that's almost certainly because it was active in some way. That doesn't have to be deliberately made communication such as a call or tweet, it could simply be that an email comes in or suchlike.

Quite a few weeks ago the Police were asking for sightings of Corrie in the BM area up to 8am, so to me that means they thought it very possible that he was with his phone until it died.

So if this is correct you can't say if anyone was using the phone just that it was on until 8am and didn't leave the bm before 8am?

I met a friend earlier and didn't realise her wee boy was there until I got in her car as she has tinted windows. That made me think about the possibility that he could have been in a car with blacked out windows and even if seen on cctv, he wouldn't be seen. Also, Snapchat and WhatsApp seem impossible to retrieve messages from. found this article about Snapchat
http://valleywag.gawker.com/heres-how-cops-get-your-snapchat-history-573064832

Thanks all. The maps on the website may be more exact. I can't see them or midsummers version in enough detail so will have to leave it to those of you with big screens.
Edit. Can see the circles and the times on midsummers maps. Is 0400 and 0458 the phone pings for BSE mast and BM mast midsummer? Meaning an hour with no signal? That's a long time between the masts isn't it? Has to indicate a stop if those times are right doesn't it?

Map image timings now updated.

Think about it logically. This is speculation but join up the dots.
The inferences suggest that he's waiting for a lift out of BSE at 0130 onwards (0330?). He MUST have had prior contact with the driver to arrange that. Be it taxi, private car or otherwise. The phone travels from BSE towards BM at a steady rate. We know this from the ping updates (am I the only one seeing the big picture lol?). It stops within the BM mast footprint either battery expiry, turned off or damaged. It's also inferred that he party's in that direction occasionally. There are other married accommodation and single accommodation facilities in that area.

Can't fault it. If we make the assumption he went willingly with a known person and wasn't going back to honington the phone certainly suggests he went to Barton mills and stayed within mast radius until 8am at least. And bm mast radius includes parts of mildenhall.

attachment.php
Hang on a sec. If I read this correctly, Corrie's phone signed off from BSE mast at 4am and onto the BM mast at 4.58am?

If so, there's a time gap of almost one hour to be accounted for, not half an hour.

Even weirder.

Melmoth you are correct. I am wrong, my images need updating as they were based on 'family' statements. Il sort another one out.
Admin please remove ORIGINAL map NOT this new timed map image. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 127
Where is mildenhalls usaf base in relation to the mast?

And what conformation is there the usaf in the takeaway got a taxi with a girl, was it ever checked out with the taxi driver? Did anyone aside from the usaf man confirm he offered Corrie a lift and he declined?

How do we know there wasn't a taxi in the horseshoe? Hence the term "vehicle" remembering there's no proof he was separated from his phone so to say he was is an assumption.

A taxi would also observe speed limits and not be driving too erratically.

How I read it is that Corrie's phone came within range of the BM mast at 4.58am and remained there until 8am.

Now as I understand it (and I could be wrong) phones ping a mast when they come within its range, a sort of "Hello!", and ping when they leave to say "Farewell!".

If the phone is completely silent, ie no calls, text messages, emails or any other activity going on, they will not ping again until they need to, eg to confirm their whereabouts for some sort of communication. A call comes in. A tweet goes out. An app updates.

IF there is no activity to cause a ping, the phone would only be in contact with the mast to say Farewell. From the info we have, it appears the Corrie's phone did NOT sign off from the BM mast so was still in its area when it died at around 8am.

So if the police have evidence of activity on the phone up to 8am that's almost certainly because it was active in some way. That doesn't have to be deliberately made communication such as a call or tweet, it could simply be that an email comes in or suchlike.

Quite a few weeks ago the Police were asking for sightings of Corrie in the BM area up to 8am, so to me that means they thought it very possible that he was with his phone until it died.

So the last ping/signal from Corries phone was at 8am on the BM last.
Do we know/is it possible to tell if it was a "farewell I'm leaving this mast radius" type ping or "the battery going flat type ping"?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

The mast is on the main roundabout. Mildenhall village is within range of the mast. Part of the base and part of Beck Row are NW of the mast and also in range.

How do we know there wasn't a taxi in the horseshoe?hence the term "vehicle"

Good spot. I don't think we mentioned a taxi when trying to work out previously what "vehicles" might have encompassed.

Strictly speaking, you cannot phone to order a taxi, and a minicab is not supposed to pick passengers up off the street.

So could we be looking at an Uber vehicle?

And what conformation is there the usaf in the takeaway got a taxi with a girl, was it ever checked out with the taxi driver? Did anyone aside from the usaf man confirm he offered Corrie a lift and he declined?

How do we know there wasn't a taxi in the horseshoe?hence the term "vehicle"

Unfortunately, I cannot recall/surmise on the source of information that Corrie was offered a lift by an American guy in Mamma Mia, though I had read it somewhere too.
At the time, I also asked that question, as to whether anyone had corroborated that the lift was offered and then subsequently declined?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

I'm really confused, why are we back to talking about 8am? from the Find Corrie website faqs Was his phoned checked? Yes his phone records have been checked.Phone Triangulation, traced his phone travelling from Bury St Edmunds to the Barton Mills area, at a speed that could only be achieved by a vehicle.
It last pinged the mast about 5am when it was either turned off/ran out of battery/damaged.

The mast is on the main roundabout. Mildenhall village is within range of the mast. Part of the base and part of Beck Row are NW of the mast and also in range.

Good spot. I don't think we mentioned a taxi when trying to work out previously what "vehicles" might have encompassed.

Strictly speaking, you cannot phone to order a taxi, and a minicab is not supposed to pick passengers up off the street.

So could we be looking at an Uber vehicle?

I've phoned taxis and been picked up off the street before?

A while back I suggested illegal taxi, perhaps sick in taxi, fight over money to clean taxi scenario.

I'm really confused, why are we back to talking about 8am? from the Find Corrie website faqs Was his phoned checked? Yes his phone records have been checked.Phone Triangulation, traced his phone travelling from Bury St Edmunds to the Barton Mills area, at a speed that could only be achieved by a vehicle.
It last pinged the mast about 5am when it was either turned off/ran out of battery/damaged.

You're right I can't see any details on times of pings on the website.

Would it be unusual for a phone to die at 5am? Espiscally one running its internet to be getting app data incoming.

A while back I suggested illegal taxi, perhaps sick in taxi, fight over money to clean taxi scenario.

It wouldn't even necessarily have to be an illegal taxi, anyone who's lost a phone or wallet in a taxi knows it can be hard to find the lost items again (and therefore it can be hard to work out which driver did which fare etc) The taxi could have dropped Corrie and others somewhere with no incident and then leave. If driving a taxi all night during a Friday you're unlikely to remember every person you've driven about and if bse is frequented by usaf mildenhall wouldn't necessarily be a strange trip to make. Yes he wore distinctive clothing but I wouldn't say it's so distinctive you'd necessarily remember it?

Can't fault it. If we make the assumption he went willingly with a known person and wasn't going back to honington the phone certainly suggests he went to Barton mills and stayed within mast radius until 8am at least. And bm mast radius includes parts of mildenhall.
And the old style Nokia Lumia 435 is bound to die eventually. He was on it all morning and afternoon talking to Darroch amongst others, then sending picture images at 0308. After all, who owns a charger for a Nokia Lumia 435...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member