UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the old style Nokia Lumia 435 is bound to die eventually. He was on it all morning and afternoon talking to Darroch amongst others, then sending picture images at 0308. After all, who owns a charger for a Nokia Lumia 435...?

We could make the assumption then that mildenhall/bm is the "last" place Corrie was in and the roads between bse and bm aren't really relevant?

Who does he know in bm/mildenhall? Where could he have stayed? Parties or back to the elusive dogging site? All assumptions of course but seemingly no less relevant than searching between bse and bm.

It wouldn't even necessarily have to be an illegal taxi, anyone who's lost a phone or wallet in a taxi knows it can be hard to find the lost items again (and therefore it can be hard to work out which driver did which fare etc) The taxi could have dropped Corrie and others somewhere with no incident and then leave. If driving a taxi all night during a Friday you're unlikely to remember every person you've driven about and if bse is frequented by usaf mildenhall wouldn't necessarily be a strange trip to make. Yes he wore distinctive clothing but I wouldn't say it's so distinctive you'd necessarily remember it?
What I meant was that he may have been picked by illegal taxi who wouldn't want to come forward. he'd had a lot of food and could have been sick, taxi driver demands money to clean car , there could be an argument. Corrie left somewhere by taxi driver and no phone as I think he left his black phone on top of the black bin. What happens afterwards could be him getting lost with no phone or light and an accident. it's only my theory...

If we're going to make the assumption Corrie got into a vehicle for a planned lift by someone he knew, what would constitute "knowing someone"

How likely is it to be someone military/a non military friend/someone he's never physically met before but have spoken to previously?

I think this is where you have to think about what his motives really were. Would it be too presumptuous to say he wasn't intending on going home?

I have been thinking more along the lines of military person or persons just because the lack of information given to the general public would the military have more say than the police in such a case?

I'm not sure the likelihood of an illegal taxi being in the horseshoe but it's definitely a possibilty

And the old style Nokia Lumia 435 is bound to die eventually. He was on it all morning and afternoon talking to Darroch amongst others, then sending picture images at 0308. After all, who owns a charger for a Nokia Lumia 435...?

Not sure if that was a serious question, but thanks to an EC initiative most modern mobile phones (including the Nokia 435) use micro-USB chargers . I have a whole bunch of micro-USB cables hanging on a hook on my wall because they're used for just about everything :)

That's allowed if you have booked it private hire should not accept flags off the street

That makes sense. Doesn't mean that someone couldn't have pre booked or phoned and booked the next available taxi from short brackland though?

Is he really going to hang round for two hours to wait for a taxi? More likely an arranged lift...

Is he really going to hang round for two hours to wait for a taxi? More likely an arranged lift...

Of course not, unless the pre arranged lift was a taxi. For example the usaf man offered him a lift but that would have been a taxi? Perhaps if someone was working that night they had a pre booked taxi home. If you were waiting for a person before getting a taxi there would be a wait.

I'm really confused, why are we back to talking about 8am? from the Find Corrie website faqs Was his phoned checked? Yes his phone records have been checked.Phone Triangulation, traced his phone travelling from Bury St Edmunds to the Barton Mills area, at a speed that could only be achieved by a vehicle.
It last pinged the mast about 5am when it was either turned off/ran out of battery/damaged.

Just to clarify (and it's important), the phone left the BSE mast area at approx 0430. It was picked up by the BM mast area at 0458 where it stayed. The phone stopped 'updating' at around 0800. It's presumed by the police that this is because it was either switched off, destroyed or the battery expired.

Or maybe he nodded off (or passed out, as most people would describe it!), as has been said all along, then called a taxi when he woke up?

My only issue with a phone/app booked taxi is that if there was anything taxi-like in the CCTV, surely the police would have checked the local firms to get details of bookings in that time and in that area?

Or maybe he nodded off (or passed out, as most people would describe it!), as has been said all along, then called a taxi when he woke up?

My only issue with a phone/app booked taxi is that if there was anything taxi-like in the CCTV, surely the police would have checked the local firms to get details of bookings in that time and in that area?

Unless it was an illegal taxi? But yeah I've digressed so far from my original point. My original point was is there confirmation from the taxi driver that usaf takeaway man did in fact get a taxi with a girl, and is there anyone except him who can corroborate he offered Corrie a lift and it was declined?

I guess because there's no evidence the phone was separated (and if it weren't for the bin lorry people wouldn't have considered it) it really looks as if there's the mildenhall usaf connection (to me)

That makes sense. Doesn't mean that someone couldn't have pre booked or phoned and booked the next available taxi from short brackland though?

Yes it's fine if it has been pre booked but, they are no supposed to accept flags, done that on a few occasions flagged one down with nobody in it they do stop if they can.

My 7 mile journey is never in busy times and I read that Girls would be during Suffolk rush hour, if there is one. Correct me if I am wrong Girl please?

Hi Shiressleuth, very little, if any, traffic at 6.00 am on my route, just the odd car. Before the rush hour here.

Even if he didn't intend on becoming a misper, he didn't seem to be going back to base (according to phone data anyway)

Also if it was planned better to go missing on the fri/sat as he didn't have to be on duty till the mon just don't think he would have left the puppy.

Also if it was planned better to go missing on the fri/sat as he didn't have to be on duty till the mon just don't think he would have left the puppy.

I've touched on the puppy before. I don't think it's unusual to intentionally leave it overnight in a safe place.

I think it is strange to leave it a whole weekend however if we were working with Corrie intentionally leaving and not coming back (awol) you could argue he isn't thinking logically, or that he felt the puppy would be better off, that it would be found by colleagues and well cared for, maybe even that he intends to go back for the dog.

I just don't think the puppy gives any indication to be honest either way.

Hi Shiressleuth, very little, if any, traffic at 6.00 am on my route, just the odd car. Before the rush hour here.
Ok cheers. I've had dog walking and animal feeding to do also had to go in to town so double checked my journey. Very little traffic, sunday tea time, quite frosty, journey both ways was 8 miles and 20 mins so is 24mph, same as Girl. So what happened about the possible hour between the two mast pings? I can't read the new map. Was 0400 incorrect for the last BSE mast ping?

0430am - Corrie's phone leaves the BSE mast area (approx 5km radius).
0458am - Corri's phone enters the BM mast area (approx 5km radius).
0800am (approx) - Last signal from Corrie's phone in BM mast area.

Its important to not that the speed of a HGV/LGV (bin lorry) would be recorded on the tachograph uplink. Also, on A roads by law it would be limited to a maximum speed of 40mph so an over speed (speeding) would be registered as an illegality and flagged up).
Additionally, bare in mind the radius of the mast 'signal acceptance' area. Just because BSE is 12 miles from BM doesn't mean to say that the signal has to travel that far. The total distance of 12 miles, minus signal acceptance areas of 3 miles each (6 miles) means the signal ONLY has to travel 6 miles to register from one to the other.

What bothers me with this timeline is I can't figure out why the phone takes an hour to leave the BSE mast area. Was the bin lorry doing other pickups in the BSE area for an hour before traveling on to Barton Mills? Or was the phone still on Corrie's person, which would mean Corrie stayed there for an hour? If we're hypothesizing that Corrie was picked up by a car at around 3.30, which ultimately went to the Barton Mills mast area, then what was happening for that missing hour?

I see the police timings as being very loose. I don't know which times are 'correct', but I have been working on the assumption that the times given by the police do encompass the actual times, even if they're not stating actual times. I thought the first timings we were given by the police were of the phone going from BSE to BM in the 4 to 4.30 timeframe, which put Corrie's phone in that loading bay for half an hour before the bin lorry turned up and then drove on to Barton Mills/Mildenhall. But we can't see any evidence from the CCTV of the few people picked out for the pod footage to suggest that anyone saw anything in the loading bay that made them look over there, so we've thought Corrie probably left the loading bay in a vehicle (or possibly on foot if he could evade the CCTV cameras) within about five minutes of entering the loading bay, which would be approx. 3.30.

I feel like I'm rambling now, but if you go by other timelines, then the time Corrie's phone stays on the BSE mast seems to be even longer, but if Corrie was picked up by a vehicle, then why this stop-start-stop-start pattern? Why get picked up from the horseshoe then stay in the BSE area for up to an hour, and then move to the Barton Mills/Mildenhall area?

I wasn't putting any stock in the mention of the bin lorry driver spotting the teens at 4.20 because everywhere else seemed to say they were only picked up by CCTV. If it was the bin lorry driver and he was still doing pickups in BSE until 4.30, that would explain the phone timings. Believe me, I hate the bin lorry as much as anyone else, but if the phone was in the bin lorry and the bin lorry was in BSE until 4.30approx, then that matches the pings on some of the more specific timelines. And if the bin lorry wasn't in BSE until 4.30 (and wasn't how the teens were sighted) then I would think Corrie was more likely with his phone and was somewhere in the BSE mast area for an hour before moving on. This could be a very key time. This could be where something 'happened' and went wrong, and the ping to Barton Mills/Mildenhall are Corrie and his phone but post-traumatic injury as opposed to voluntary movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654