UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going AWOL you would never take your car unless you want to be found before you barely have time to leave the county.

I think a lot of us think of different things when we think of AWOL. We have heard through the threads plenty of stories of guys going AWOL who just go home and either sit on the sofa for a year or maybe even find some cash-in-hand work. I think it's good for us all to have different perceptions of AWOL because they won't all be identical, so we should consider various 'types' of AWOL?

Corrie had an entire weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to drive that car with no one looking for him. So, say he wanted to go to some place several hundred miles away, then driving the car to Cambridge/London/Birmingham and then leaving it in a car park and getting on a train with the bag of clothes (after having changed clothes) could still make sense?

I also feel that the money is problematic. Even if Corrie had a friend's place to go to and they got supermarket deliveries...someone has to pay for this, and Corrie apparently has no clothes and a very healthy appetite and no money, and no bank withdrawls since he went missing. If Corrie has a friend about the same size, then they could loan him some clothes. They could maybe pick up some clothes from a charity shop. But it's still considerable expenses for the average person to do this kind of favour for a friend? If Corrie does have a friend doing this, then I can only hope that Corrie will get in touch with his family and let them know he's okay.

Corrie had an entire weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to drive that car with no one looking for him. So, say he wanted to go to some place several hundred miles away, then driving the car to Cambridge/London/Birmingham and then leaving it in a car park and getting on a train with the bag of clothes (after having changed clothes) could still make sense?

I thought the car was found days later exactly where he left it near Waitrose?

And if you were already thinking of not coming back, then why lock the puppy in the bathroom? If you're not coming back, then it doesn't matter if the puppy messes in the bedroom, and then there's more chance of someone hearing the puppy barking and getting access to it sooner.

RSBM - I didn't know the puppy was in the bathroom? The bathrooms would be communal (lockable from inside only) so it is the best place to leave is so it could be looked after by others. AWOL or not it could mean that he might have had plans to stay away for a night or two.

If he turned down the offer of a lift back to base, surely that would mean he anticipated having one? So he wanders off and falls asleep thus missing that lift. So can we safely assume that he arranged another, asks them to return for him? Assumedly saying that the horseshoe has the closest accessible road access to collect him?

Hello 1st post ... just a thought on this missing 1hr, if he had a lift at 3:35 could he then have stopped at a 24hr supermarket in BSE, still in that mast area, to get drinks supplies etc before heading to the party?

Hello 1st post ... just a thought on this missing 1hr, if he had a lift at 3:35 could he then have stopped at a 24hr supermarket in BSE, still in that mast area, to get drinks supplies etc before heading to the party?

Certainly possible, especially as there's a 24 hour Tesco between where he was last seen and the A14, actually on the A1101 which would be the direct route to Barton Mills.

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/?bID=2166

Whether he really would be heading to a party at that time, arriving in the BM/Mildenhall area just before 5am, is another matter.

Certainly possible, especially as there's a 24 hour Tesco between where he was last seen and the A14, actually on the A1101 which would be the direct route to Barton Mills.

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/?bID=2166

Whether he really would be heading to a party at that time, arriving in the BM/Mildenhall area just before 5am, is another matter.

Does anyone know if that Tesco has CCTVs?

Welcome Sybil, Yeah thats possible too. The last BSE phone ping was supposedly at 0430 and anything that fits in with that is possible. I was trying to work out how he (or his phone) would travel approx 3 miles in an hour followed by 5 miles in 28 minutes and that was what I came up with. Its not based on anything except the phone pings.

I know the feeling with misinformation but I think we're forgetting just how many times it's been emphasised he did not leave the horseshoe on foot.

Let's take the bin lorry out, pretend it never happened, what do we have?

He turns into an area with no cctv. He is not seen walking out but there are vehicle possibilities. His phone is traced to Barton mills/mildenhall.

The horseshoe is holding much speculation because of the way it's been reported to us but surely, take away the confusion the fact is he went to Barton mills/mildenhall? I'm sure as with most raf honington lads they've been to raf mildenhall, it's a familiar place, not unusual for raf lads to go there, he would definitely know people there.

If the bin lorry was taken completely out of the equation it puts the case in a whole new light don't you think?

If he turned down the offer of a lift back to base, surely that would mean he anticipated having one? So he wanders off and falls asleep thus missing that lift. So can we safely assume that he arranged another, asks them to return for him? Assumedly saying that the horseshoe has the closest accessible road access to collect him?

I have heard that someone in the pizza place offered him a lift, but is this factual? Where did this statement come from?

I wouldnt say safely on any of it just theory. So he turned the early lift down, slept thru or missed the 2nd lift then went to horseshoe to make sure, maybe called them to come back and either waited or set off on foot to meet them either way evading the cctv. As long as it fits those pings. Somebody had that phone with them anyway didn't they?

I know the feeling with misinformation but I think we're forgetting just how many times it's been emphasised he did not leave the horseshoe on foot.

Let's take the bin lorry out, pretend it never happened, what do we have?

He turns into an area with no cctv. He is not seen walking out but there are vehicle possibilities. His phone is traced to Barton mills/mildenhall.

The horseshoe is holding much speculation because of the way it's been reported to us but surely, take away the confusion the fact is he went to Barton mills/mildenhall? I'm sure as with most raf honington lads they've been to raf mildenhall, it's a familiar place, not unusual for raf lads to go there, he would definitely know people there.

If the bin lorry was taken completely out of the equation it puts the case in a whole new light don't you think?
Absolutely and also take away the assumption he couldnt leave on foot. He wasn't seen leaving on foot is a different thing entirely. Only the phone pings are definate and the fact that he entered the bin area.

I think I read that although there was not cctv covering the whole horse shoe area, the cctv that leads away from the horseshoe area has all been checked, in all areas, and he is not seen walking away on any of them, so he may have evaded the horseshoe cctv but could not evade any of the others, after all, the assumption being that the police can put all the cctv together to make the bigger picture iykwim

will try and find source

Did corrie have credit or debit cards. His records could show if he was purchasing stuff at any late night joints.

So we now know that when he walked into the bin area that there was no sign of anyone in the horseshoe area and there was nothing to suggest that he had any familiarity with any of the vehicles in that area, which means that 4 minute man was not in the area when Corrie went in. It doesn't look like he sees anything in particular when he turns in the area on the CCTV but whether that steps area at the back is hidden from view I don't know. Police have downloaded all phone activity up to the point of his phone going off so they have a lot of evidence now, they just need to go through it all. Running man identified but not interviewed, the person running man passes identified but not interviewed. Hopefully, once police get through what they have answers will be forthcoming, fingers crossed!

Absolutely and also take away the assumption he couldnt leave on foot. He wasn't seen leaving on foot is a different thing entirely. Only the phone pings are definate and the fact that he entered the bin area.

For me the fact that he wasn't seen leaving on foot before the bin lorry arrives is a big thing. I'm happy to trust that the information on the website regarding the testing been done in regards to leaving on foot and I'm pretty happy in my mind that a vehicle is the only way Corrie could have exited the horseshoe.

We've gone through so many theories, some needing a huge insane amount of assumptions but raf mildenhall is one that really doesn't take too many jumps and fits with the vehicle scenario and phone data. It also fits with the assumption he left willingly with someone he knew.

After that it's back to the wild assumptions I'm afraid we've touched on some of the crazier things military men may do, drink fuelled and corries recent birthday could indict a reason to be a bit more out there (im talking about the initiation style speculation) it's well known usaf frequent the dogging areas so that's also another possible destination or activity.

For me this theory fits the facts we have, makes the least assumptions and seems pretty logical. Mildenhall is also closer to thetford forest I believe. I previously discounted accidental in my mind because I felt it would be a stretch to say (for example) he was hit by a car and the person would actively hide him opposed to driving off, but if you factor being on or around raf mildenhall that would give an added motivation to cover an accidental death. Even something as simple as choking on sick, a natural death (as sometimes people do have underlying health conditions they don't know about) it doesn't have to be violent or premeditated.

This is all just my opinion of course.

IMO it is highly unlikely that the phone will have been separated from Corrie. What are the chances of Corrie's phone ending up in somebody else's vehicle while at the same time Corrie disappears in an unrelated incident?

IMO it is highly unlikely that the phone will have been separated from Corrie. What are the chances of Corrie's phone ending up in somebody else's vehicle while at the same time Corrie disappears in an unrelated incident?
Good point when u put it like that unless it was deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!