UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
This is the door taken tonight with the unlocked catch marked.

The royal family rightly don't comment on ongoing police investigations.

Succinctly:
Everything so far (more so that the other six threads) adds up.

My doubts are (and they're lessening rapidly to be honest) that, he never had a desire or EVER did have a desire to go AWOL until he was forced into it through a set of circumstances.
I hear what Scorpio is saying but absent from the Mob is the same as absent from life. Only a military type would understand that sentiment.

As a military type I get that sentiment and agree with you

Secondly, put yourself in the picture and Corrie's mindset. He's had a busy week. He's been looking forward to a night out for awhile. He's made arrangements with the lads but has missed his lift. He doesn't want to pay for a taxi in to BSE and reluctantly takes his precious car into BSE where it'll be left overnight. He's worried about it. His concentration is constantly being diverted with his calls to his brother. He's drinking in his car to play catch up. Incidentally, a sign clearly states that this area is an alcohol free zone which presumably is why he sought the comfort of the interior of his car? Also, the speculation of the party might come into play here. Why have alcohol in the car and then go to a pub or night club? Could his intentions later on that evening definitely be a party afterwards? I'm thinking a strong possibility.
attachment.php
He's ejected from the club. His mind is elsewhere. The effects of alcohol are starting to grip him. He's making calls to secure his lift home? He makes contact and arranges a collection AT 0300!!!!!! in the 'Horseshoe' and sits and waits in Hughes Electrical for his lift.
It's now 0308 and an exchange of dialogue occurs on his phone (image?). His lift hasn't arrived yet and it's gone 0315.

IT'S ONLY NOW THAT CORRIE REALISES THAT HE ISNT SITTING IN THE 'HORSESHOE' area but is sitting in Hughes doorway!!
Take a look at the road layout on my image and the similarities of the structured area. See the confusion?

This leads me to a different take on our 0330 collection time. Firstly, who finishes work BEFORE 0300? It would mean that they would finish at 0230 or before to be able to collect him. This proposition presumes the collecting driver is 20-30 minutes away which also means BM/MIL is looking favourable again.

...and secondly, it would explain Corrie's little jog into the 'Horseshoe' area. It doesn't explain the phone or the missing part though but then again we're still trying to figure that out anyway.
attachment.php

Just a thought ,unless there is evidence that he went a local shop to buy alcohol wouldnt he already have it in his car ( i have vodka in my mind but dont know if this is true).This tells me he was intending going to a party later or perhaps someones house to drink.otherwise why have it in the car.i wonder if he had no intention of drinking in the car but when he got involved in a long convo with bro he started drinking it so he wouldnt be playing catchup with his mates.who carries alcohol in the car with the intention of parking up and drinking it? Hope this makes sense

OR a vehicle could have driven LEGALLY down Looms Lane, turning left at the T Junction into Northgate Street which comes out at the same roundabout to join up with the red route. Checking your CCTV map, I don't believe there are any cameras on that route either?

If you mean leaving from Short Brackland and going past McD's and the Cornhill to get to Looms Lane then that wouldn't be "legal" for a car but also there is the Cornhill (still?) CCTV that would catch it doing so at least.

Interesting studying the one way system in BSE and the only legit or legal way to get a car to the horseshoe area is via Cadney Lane (which is the least obvious road ever!) or via a convoluted route via Looms lane and Well Street. I'm thinking if Corrie left via car then that car was already parked when Corrie went in there. Maybe Corrie knew the car was parked there and so waited 2 hours for the owner to turn up and cop a lift? Or it was known by him to be park up there but turned up too late (over slept?) and then something else happened.

attachment.php
This is taken from beside the door .The horseshoe which is to the right of the bright light on the wall is about 50 feet up from the door.
Hope this helps.

Could have been a prearranged signal to say 'this is me, I need collecting'. The double image could explain it I suppose. I don't subscribe to that just yet. I think the decision may have been made on the hoof and in the car when he realised he'd been compromised with a drunk driver perhaps?

The one thing that struck me from day one was that the Pizza guy stated that he had grown to know Corrie, he often came into Mama Mia's but he was usually with his American friend. My immediate thought was where was his American friend that night? Maybe he had agreed to pick Corrie up that night which might be why Corrie's phone was linked to the Barton Mills mast.

I personally know nothing about going AWOL, but I do know that, if I was planning to disappear, I would cover my tracks and disappear when least expected. Nobody would suspect Corrie following a night out, but what perfect circumstances to make an exit!

Great pictures, rodgerthelodger. Just out of curiosity...are there any vehicles parked in the horseshoe area itself or do you know if cars park there at night regularly?

Apart from the shadow that looks like a figure in the top left which isn't a figure, the dark figure walking past the door and a glass of Coffe Latte advertised for 99p on the flip board (all of which we spoke of at length in the last thread).....not sure?

The dark hooded figure of a person walking past the glass door has the same posture and build of Corrie. The stoop to his shoulders and head tipped forward. I would be very interested to know the time of this cctv which is a matter of meters from the last sighting. Perhaps his disappearance was planned. Why did his family wait 5 days before coming to Bury St Edmunds??? Is this normal behaviour for someone who's Son/ Brother is reported missing. Didn't Darroch wonder why Corrie has disappeared from contact bearing in mind they spoke 4-6 times the previous day and as it seems spoke to each other every day!

Any locals know if Any car scrapes have been reported Barton Mills, Mildenhall, BSE area? If not, any roundabouts with unusual tyre marks on them or bends along the A1101 where a drunk driver could have misjudged a bend and overshot slightly and thus damaging the sump? Look for oil leaks, gouges on kerbstones on bends etc...

The one thing that struck me from day one was that the Pizza guy stated that he had grown to know Corrie, he often came into Mama Mia's but he was usually with his American friend. My immediate thought was where was his American friend that night? Maybe he had agreed to pick Corrie up that night which might be why Corrie's phone was linked to the Barton Mills mast.

I personally know nothing about going AWOL, but I do know that, if I was planning to disappear, I would cover my tracks and disappear when least expected. Nobody would suspect Corrie following a night out, but what perfect circumstances to make an exit!

Yes, I have also wondered about the American Friend since day dot. He was mentioned very early on, around the same time the police thought Corrie might have been wandering round Mildenhall. Who is he? Where was he that night? If he wasn't out was he a good enough friend to pick his mate up and take him home at 4am?

The one thing that struck me from day one was that the Pizza guy stated that he had grown to know Corrie, he often came into Mama Mia's but he was usually with his American friend. My immediate thought was where was his American friend that night? Maybe he had agreed to pick Corrie up that night which might be why Corrie's phone was linked to the

I have said that all along. Doesn't mean it wasn't carefully planned.

attachment.php
This is the door taken tonight with the unlocked catch marked.

Thank you, Roger - you're amazing, traipsing out in the dark to get pics for us :). Is this door typical of a restaurant or business's back entrance - to take in deliveries and maybe cut through the kitchen to take the trash out to the bins? I couldn't tell from the photos if it was a storage locker, like a shed, for maintenance or if you could actually enter the restaurant from this door?

No updates from family / media since the pod was in BSE last week. It's all gone very quiet.

Out of interest, I visited the Police Pod last week and was very disappointed with the clarity of the CCTV. There were only 6 seats with 3 rows of 2 and the front 4 seats watched the footage on the big screen, while the back 2 watched on a laptop.
The footage was numbered but in random order which made it difficult to identify times, location together with scrutinising blurred figures.
At the end, somebody had asked to look at the footage again of a couple of people which he thought he recognised. I waited and watched but was surprised to see that it was so much clearer on the laptop! On the big screen, all I saw were 2 blurred figures while you could actually see what the individuals were wearing on the laptop! I was so disappointed.
Anyway, I asked the Police Officer present to confirm which clip showed the 4 minute man and she confirmed that they had NOT shown this footage.

It does seem like the police did not take the pod seriously, unfortunately, from all that we've heard. Is it common for a pod to be set up by the police? I've just never seen or heard of one before so I'm wondering if this is a special circumstance or if it's something they've use in the past?

Great pictures, rodgerthelodger. Just out of curiosity...are there any vehicles parked in the horseshoe area itself or do you know if cars park there at night regularly?
There were cars there when I went about 6-30pm and several people milling about, I felt uncomfortable taking photos tbh.
There is a car park opposite the door which is for staff of Cornhill walk, I took a photo of it anyway to give a clearer picture of the area but the Horseshoe I didn't take any of, it didn't seem right.
attachment.php

Polo, I've not heard the part of his American friend being a regular visitor to Mama Mia's with him (I'll go back and re-read early articles) but that could very well explain the 3:30 pick up time if his friend was out with mates in a different town that night and could only come pick up Corrie when he left the other group? I guess there's a chance he could be hiding out at his friend's house (assuming he lives off base) all this time?

Well I would still like to be told 'officially' (by a Police statement) that it is not possible to exit that bin area without being seen on CCTV.

From your map MidsummersDay (thanks) there is very little CCTV towards the eastern or north eastern side of the town, though I appreciate this only shows council operated CCTV.

If Corrie went thataway then he is really off the radar imo.

Let's hope for a family update soon.

Nicola has stated it has been proven by both military and police that it would be 100% impossible to leave the horseshoe on foot without being seen by one of the 10 cameras and that it is also impossible for a vehicle to exit unseen. She said that there were 4 vehicles that left the area so from that you have to conclude that one of those vehicles is the key to Corrie's disappearance. I would imagine they are working to trace one or more of the cars and/or who was in possession of that vehicle that night. I will be surprised if this isn't something to do with drugs in some way or another. There's no way I can see him being the perpetrator or gone awol.

Polo, I've not heard the part of his American friend being a regular visitor to Mama Mia's with him (I'll go back and re-read early articles) but that could very well explain the 3:30 pick up time if his friend was out with mates in a different town that night and could only come pick up Corrie when he left the other group? I guess there's a chance he could be hiding out at his friend's house (assuming he lives off base) all this time?

A T [name redacted], who works in Pizza Mama Mia, became friendly with Corrie after he began dropping in for a kebab on regular nights out. He said there was nothing unusual about the night Corrie went missing and that police have been unable to find anything fruitful from the takeaway’s CCTV footage. He said: “Corrie is my friend. He came in here maybe every two weeks for food when he was out. He usually came in with an American guy from the base. There wasn’t anything different about him or the way he was acting when he came in that night. He was always just friendly and normal. I don’t know what has happened, but I hope they find him soon.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/police-refuse-rule-out-abduction-9001708

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amoody22