UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was totally unable to leave on foot it only leaves a vehicle doesn't it?

I still feel there might be a chance Corrie did swing himself into the cardboard collection bin lorry.

It was clean, it would give him a lift partway (and here I will add I believe it is possible an expected lift was missed/didn't arrive).
Yes there are cameras on the lorry, but if he had jumped on as it was leaving I doubt he'd be noticed then he could jump onto all that dry, clean cardboard. He wouldn't be seen on CCTV either if he was inside before it left.

Got himself out at say the roundabout (would he have sat nav on his phone so he knew where he was?)
In the process of exiting he dropped/lost his phone which may account for the later pings.

He then tried to walk the rest of the way back to base and unfortunately has succumbed to an accident probably in water.

My alternative thought is that he got a lift part way back to base, then the above happened. I cannot understand why the driver of this lift (in this scenario) hasn't come forward though.

I would like some searches from his base working back to where that bin lorry took a different direction.

I would love to hear "found safe and well", but that doesn't happen often enough sadly.

Obviously I can't say for sure, but the biffa recycling lorrys that collect from mine aren't a lorry shape as such. There's loads of little compression boxes and it's not overly big. You couldn't get in it in any case.

Have we heard anything regarding identification of the two bodies discovered in last couple of days? Identification could hold off further updates maybe?

Manchester has no details confirmed as yet except male. No age range.

Obviously I can't say for sure, but the biffa recycling lorrys that collect from mine aren't a lorry shape as such. There's loads of little compression boxes and it's not overly big. You couldn't get in it in any case.

Yes I do take your point. I've searched online to try and see the size of lorries that are used here, but no luck.
This would be professional waste as opposed to residential waste though, and looking at the recycling site they look quite big.

eta: Bear in mind that the loads are weighed, so it must be quite a big vehicle.

If C just wanted a lift, could it be possible?

RIP James Nicholls. Tragic, but good that it isn't Corrie, that's a relief, thanks for the update. The search continues... as does the speculation (even mine) ;)

Yes I do take your point. I've searched online to try and see the size of lorries that are used here, but no luck.
This would be professional waste as opposed to residential waste though, and looking at the recycling site they look quite big.

For some reason I don't have residential bins. We have the big bins similar to pictures in the horseshoe except they're council and not biffa. No idea why biffa were here collecting them to be honest! I did take a photo I'll see if I've still got it and if I can work out how to post. It's not a great one though as it was just leaving

Edit- I can't find it anymore!

For some reason I don't have residential bins. We have the big bins similar to pictures in the horseshoe except they're council and not biffa. No idea why biffa were here collecting them to be honest! I did take a photo I'll see if I've still got it and if I can work out how to post. It's not a great one though as it was just leaving

Edit- I can't find it anymore!

I was thinking something like this?

Biffa-collection-truck-1024x683.jpg

If he was totally unable to leave on foot it only leaves a vehicle doesn't it?

I still feel there might be a chance Corrie did swing himself into the cardboard collection bin lorry.

It was clean, it would give him a lift partway (and here I will add I believe it is possible an expected lift was missed/didn't arrive).
Yes there are cameras on the lorry, but if he had jumped on as it was leaving I doubt he'd be noticed then he could jump onto all that dry, clean cardboard. He wouldn't be seen on CCTV either if he was inside before it left.

Got himself out at say the roundabout (would he have sat nav on his phone so he knew where he was?)
In the process of exiting he dropped/lost his phone which may account for the later pings.

But he wouldn't of known where the bin lorry was heading...

Something that strikes me is how early on in the investigation the bin lorry was identified. I'm inclined to think there was a reason for this, and I do think it is likely that Corrie's phone was in it, though he was not.

So here's one potential scenario which both accommodates that and explains how Corrie might have come to leave the horseshoe area in a vehicle.

Corrie enters the horseshoe area with the intention of having a pee. Already in the area is a parked car and driver. Corrie puts his phone on top of the bin whilst he has a pee. As soon as he has finished, the driver of the car attracts his attention for some purpose; lecturing him on urinating in public/ asking for directions / whatever. They get into a conversation.

The bin lorry arrives whilst they are talking, and takes Corrie's phone away with the bin. He realises what has happened almost immediately, but too late to stop it.

At this point, the driver of the car tells him to hop in; they'll follow the lorry and flag it down. Corrie may even have made the suggestion himself.

From here, there are a number of possibilities:

1) Corrie had the tremendous misfortune to have stumbled upon someone with pre-existing criminal intentions, who took opportunistic advantage of the situation to abduct and kill him. This would be a tremendous coincidence, but it's not impossible.

2) there was no initial malicious intention on the part of the driver, but there was an argument en route; perhaps Corrie was sick in the car, and was ejected, possibly forcibly. This could have happened in the middle of nowhere; Corrie tried to make his way back on foot but met with an accident and has not been found. The driver hasn't come forward because they feel guilty about abandoning him, especially if physical force was involved.

3) nothing untoward took place involving the driver; he dropped Corrie off somewhere, perhaps after Corrie had decided that pursuing the bin lorry was a bit of a wild goose chase and he might as well write the phone off and go home. From here, it's the same scenario as in 2; Corrie met with an accident whilst walking home. The driver hasn't come forward, not for any reasons relating to Corrie, but because they don't want police attention on their activities in the earlier part of the night, for whatever reason.

The only slight snag to this theory is that the conversation between Corrie and the driver would have had to have been a fairly lengthy one, if the bin lorry didn't arrive until around 4am. But I'm not sure if we ever had that time definitely confirmed, did we? I think we know his phone was still pinging a mast in central BSE at 4am, but that would allow the bin lorry to have exited the horseshoe area somewhat earlier.

all caught up thank you for the well wishes :) wasn't something I wanted to experience at the tender age of 40 but hey hoo....... Back to Corrie Ive caught up and I see there has been no new update yet but some very interesting suggestions and does make you think of the possibilities of what could of gone wrong. I have also read the Adrian Lynch case what a sad ending to that young man :(.......... I have some thought about the drugs as you no my boy is from army background he has close friends in Raf one of the boys ive known him personally since he wasin primary school then he joined the Raf this lad as such a good head on his shoulders and came home one weekend my boy went out with him he did Coke my boy was so shocked I also gobsmacked and I said I cant believe he would risk his career for a dabble.... His mum and dad would be very disappointed and I know they don't know so what I'm saying is anything is possible you don't really know what your kids could end up doing as a lot try to impress and are put in a position were they want to be one of the guys

But he wouldn't of known where the bin lorry was heading...

Maybe he (wrongly) assumed it was heading to Mildenhall recycling centre ? Only a suggestion of possibilities.

No doubt the Police have much information on those vehicles that left, and wil eventually have traced the route cars took.

I was thinking something like this?

View attachment 105445

It was a lot smaller and had like little boxes on it like compression or something. The boxes weren't really big enough to get in.

In terms of the bin lorry the driver has been interviewed so they would know. The cctv wouldn't have been the last sighting the lorry would. So we can't really say the bin lorry driver saw him at all.

I tend to believe scenario 3 might have happened..

Something that strikes me is how early on in the investigation the bin lorry was identified. I'm inclined to think there was a reason for this, and I do think it is likely that Corrie's phone was in it, though he was not.

So here's one potential scenario which both accommodates that and explains how Corrie might have come to leave the horseshoe area in a vehicle.

Corrie enters the horseshoe area with the intention of having a pee. Already in the area is a parked car and driver. Corrie puts his phone on top of the bin whilst he has a pee. As soon as he has finished, the driver of the car attracts his attention for some purpose; lecturing him on urinating in public/ asking for directions / whatever. They get into a conversation.

The bin lorry arrives whilst they are talking, and takes Corrie's phone away with the bin. He realises what has happened almost immediately, but too late to stop it.

At this point, the driver of the car tells him to hop in; they'll follow the lorry and flag it down. Corrie may even have made the suggestion himself.

From here, there are a number of possibilities:

1) Corrie had the tremendous misfortune to have stumbled upon someone with pre-existing criminal intentions, who took opportunistic advantage of the situation to abduct and kill him. This would be a tremendous coincidence, but it's not impossible.

2) there was no initial malicious intention on the part of the driver, but there was an argument en route; perhaps Corrie was sick in the car, and was ejected, possibly forcibly. This could have happened in the middle of nowhere; Corrie tried to make his way back on foot but met with an accident and has not been found. The driver hasn't come forward because they feel guilty about abandoning him, especially if physical force was involved.

3) nothing untoward took place involving the driver; he dropped Corrie off somewhere, perhaps after Corrie had decided that pursuing the bin lorry was a bit of a wild goose chase and he might as well write the phone off and go home. From here, it's the same scenario as in 2; Corrie met with an accident whilst walking home. The driver hasn't come forward, not for any reasons relating to Corrie, but because they don't want police attention on their activities in the earlier part of the night, for whatever reason.

The only slight snag to this theory is that the conversation between Corrie and the driver would have had to have been a fairly lengthy one, if the bin lorry didn't arrive until around 4am. But I'm not sure if we ever had that time definitely confirmed, did we? I think we know his phone was still pinging a mast in central BSE at 4am, but that would allow the bin lorry to have exited the horseshoe area somewhat earlier.

Maybe he (wrongly) assumed it was heading to Mildenhall recycling centre ? Only a suggestion of possibilities.

No doubt the Police have much information on those vehicles that left, and wil eventually have traced the route cars took.

One would hope they did that in the first week or two into the investigation.

If the cars "departed", then they must have arrived ?
Since the police (via the family) say they have seen cars, then one assumes this is from 0325 onwards.

Why not say if "he arrived and departed" ?

We can only deal in "known facts". And we don't know them all.

1. Corrie appears to be waiting.
2. The strongest suspicion is that he left in a car.
3. His phone transmitted from the Barton area.

Note... there is no "matching" confirmation as to "what time was it in the Barton area". The police said "upto 0800". The family say "it last transmitted at 0420". The calculation of the phone moving is approx 28 minutes. The bin lorry arrived around 0400 ish (give or take).

None of these times match (although "phone data" isn't accurate).
But there are "unclear" discrepancies here.

And "hi everyone".

It's not a huge one, but keep in mind that I'm still not convinced by the claims that Corrie couldn't have left on foot.
And I won't be convinced until I hear a member of Suffolk Constabulary say it, or something like "Corrie can only have left the area in/on a vehicle".
My thoughts about this case seem to change hourly though!

IMO, until all of the unidentified are identified, then there is still potential for Corrie to have left on foot. The quality of the footage is so poor that you cannot categorically state that those pictured are definitely not Corrie.

As suggested earlier perhaps? Driven underground through an impossible position by the mumsnet brigade.

Possibly being blackmailed, by someone who has 'compromising' photos/ information??
A former 'hook-up' threatening to expose him to RAF bosses or family.
Spurned lover/revenge *advertiser censored* situation?

(This has crossed my mind because it has just happened to someone I know, & caused her tremendous psychological distress)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. What thread number and page number was that from? I want to go back and review them. It was gonna take me forever - I was stillonly on thread 1 page 24.
Midsummer, do you know what thread and page number that was from? Thanks again.

Midsummer, do you know what thread and page number that was from? Thanks again.

Page number is no use as we all have different 'posts per page' settings (default is 10, mine is 50, max is 100 I think!), so if you're ever referring to a post please use the # number.

Hi all,
Another newbie here! I've been lurking for a while as I have links to the forces (ex-husband served 24 years in the Army) and have also family living in BSE for 40 years... and this has me stumped!
Just wanted to add my bit... drugs are a real 'thing' in the forces. My ex was completely anti-drugs and used to be in charge of the tests (usually done on Monday mornings or after long summer/Christmas leave periods) but when we split up I dated another soldier (different regiment, lower rank) who I caught taking coke, along with all his squadron, every weekend like it was going out of fashion! Call me a goody two shoes but I was AMAZED as I thought it was a dismissable offence, plus you're handling live ammo! Apparently if you were 'in the know' you'd get a tip off when a test was due so you'd know to have a drug free weekend.
Apologies for this not being particularly Corrie related, just wanted to mention it as I wouldn't rule drugs out after having seen it first hand.

I don't know Shire, I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't show all the footage on both days unless the people in the footage had come forward, then if the Police had spoken to them, there would be no need to show the footage on the second day/

When they showed the footage in the pod on the Thursday, they explained that it was the original footage and that a number of those shown had already been identified.
So why not show the 4 min lurker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member