UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this statement particularly confusing.

".... there are now only 10 unidentified individuals remaining, following the Pod CCTV review. Investigation to discount those who were identified continues".

Has this now changed from MisPer ?

Are the people now in the CCTV "Potential Suspects" that are to be investigated and the discounted (or not, as the case maybe) ?

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

It's not a great leap of imagination James to think that the person who collected Corrie could have been combining their imminent posting/detachment with Corrie's birthday bash. They could be in a sandy region as we speak thus making it difficult to 'interview'. Meanwhile, Corrie is house sitting for 4-6 months. Very, very easy and doable scenario. We've all possibly done it in the past (military types).

Good morning,
I'm a long time lurker but felt I may have something to add here.
l'm not sure that the police have a right to seize a vehicle without evidence of a crime being committed. Does anyone know the rules?
Could it be that they have indeed identified the further 3 vehicles but haven't been allowed to search one or more by the owner(s) and it is this which is preventing them being ruled out.

The images on camera only prove the cars were in existence on that morning....

....maybe one doesn't exist anymore ?

The police are being very quiet about these vehicles- they must think that one of these vehicles have played a part and are playing cards close to their chest as it were
jmo

The images on camera only prove the cars were in existence on that morning....

....maybe one doesn't exist anymore ?

Im not sure what the rules are? How did the Mcaans get their hire car searched? They must have used some legislation for that to happen (or is it different rules under Portuguese law?), (I'm not sure who was in charge at that time?) but surely you can ask the owners permission surely just to rule it out if an enquiry. If 3 owners say yes, 1 says no? Then there's a line in itself....?

Maybe the ping was at 5, yet the phone was on till 8? Sorry i
dont know much about phones so apologies if incorrect guess. How often do phones ping over towers? At they pass? At a regular frequency? Or a combo of the 2?

I found this helpful, and the chap does seem to be quite techie:

https://www.quora.com/How-often-does-a-Cell-phone-ping-the-towers

If this is correct, it seems that in order for there to be "data" up to 8am (per the police), the phone had to be actively in use or had to have data switched on so things were happening automatically in the background.

I don't think that's correct is it? How can we be sure of that?

No, it's not correct. It was confusion caused by differences in what the family say and what the police said.

If the police say they have data from the phone as late as 8am then the family's claim of 5am is useless, confusing and misleading.

The police are being very quiet about these vehicles- they must think that one of these vehicles have played a part and are playing cards close to their chest as it were
jmo
Well why the spotlight on the bin lorry and not these vehicles? Did the movements of any of them also roughly correlate to the phone pings? Did corrie exit the horseshoe over those buildings as Colin Sutton suggested in his video linked earlier in this thread? If I was a friend or relative I would definitely be wanting answers and tear apart that whole day if necessary.

So 4 months is important? What would happen then? We are at 2.5 months now so what could any penalty be at the moment?

The 4 months isn't necessarily important. It's more about damage limitation at present i would have thought. As i said, he could probably be explained in house as being on annual leave, training, compassionate leave, detachment etc... When that time runs out (I used a 4-6 month example), then it will be elevated in status I would have thought to AWOL. That's when it gets real for him. As callous as it is, in the military Corrie is just an asset on paper. In real terms I'm guessing his mucker a are doing a fine balancing act between saving his career/establishing his whereabouts/damage limitation and looking after his welfare.
I would have thought at the moment the <modsnip> would get a slap on the wrist, disgraced, extra inhouse duties, jankers and told 'You've been a very naughty boy'.

Why is the public search being arranged for 2 weeks time and not sooner?

A very good question, considering that is the weekend before Christmas when, with the best will in the world, many people are likely to have other calls on their time.

Midsummers day, please could you explain to me the 4 -6 month and six days time period that you referenced, as I am not understanding. Discussing it again with my person he says that after 48hrs they would legally have to class someone as AWOL unless they have evidence to the contrary (ie: that something has happened to them), and that is according to the Armed Forces act of 2009, which applies to the RAF also.

Because we can't read tone or intent on this limited medium please let me make clear that I am not asking snippily or contentiously, just with a desire to genuinely understand, and an acknowledgement that I could be completely wrong. Thank you very much :)

Not entirely correct:

the Gt Blakenham site is owned by Bolton Brothers, across the road is the SITA owned waste to energy site.

FCC environmental are the only company to tip in Mildenhall. They could possibly allow Biffa to tip here

Viridor have a facility in Thetford.

Biffa tip recycling at Newmarket (Ellgia/AJ Thompson site).

Lackford site is owned by Culford Waste who do take some Biffa general waste, but not recycling.

The most likely scenario is that the driver shuttles up the A11 to tip in Newmarket if it's recycling (as per the posts in forums 2 and 3).

Also to note, the Great Blakenham sorting place is also known as the "Viridor" Waste sorting place? And Viridor appear to operate also out of "Lackford Landfill Site" which is between Bury and Barton Mills. Although the map doesn't seem to show any particular facility or much really. As someone mentioned this is probably commercial waste going from the rear of the Horseshoe (not household) so a company like Viridor could be the ones with the lorry. Unless someone can confirm it as a council waste collection, both options are on the table. And if it's Viridor there's a number of places they could be headed after Mildenhall - Lackford or Blakenham... ? Looks like they have distinctivly blue lorries, and the others presumably council ones are white - no idea if they all use the same facilities. But what we do know is that we have potentially 3 sites now that could be what is coined the "final destination", the "landfill", the wherever the bin lorry ended its journey. Clarification would be nice. Was it Mildenhall WRC, Lackford Landfill or Blakenham...? Well I realize the bin lorry is effectively "dismissed" but I don't think it should be. It's still got a lot of questions attached, and so far it's the only vehicle we've had any info about.

Thank you James - you're a star and maybe I'm not as far round the bend as I thought I was.

So if the police say they have data up to 8am, why are the family saying 5am?
Hmmmm. Perhaps it's a genuine mistake. Perhaps not. Are there any other mismatches I am now wondering. We have to go with the police data.

Thank you. Clearly I have been confused over this for some time.

So, in connection with the bin lorry movements:

3.23am - Corrie is last seen atentering the Horseshoe
4.00am - The bin lorry arrives to empty the bin (+/- 5 mins?)
4.20am - Bin lorry driver reports seeing the teenagers nearby
4.20am - Bin lorry sets off towards Barton Mills, trundling along at a fairly sedate pace.
4.50am - Bin lorry arrives at Barton Mills (guesstimate) to make another pickup
5.00am - Last signal from Corrie's phone, after which it goes dead.

Any corrections to the timeline?

OK, on this basis it's possible that the phone was in the bin lorry and that either the pickup of further waste at Barton Mills/Mildenhall damaged the phone and caused it to stop working or the battery ran out.

0430am - Corrie's phone leaves the BSE mast area (approx 5km radius).
0458am - Corri's phone enters the BM mast area (approx 5km radius).
0800am (approx) - Last signal from Corrie's phone in BM mast area.

Its important to not that the speed of a HGV/LGV (bin lorry) would be recorded on the tachograph uplink. Also, on A roads by law it would be limited to a maximum speed of 40mph so an over speed (speeding) would be registered as an illegality and flagged up).
Additionally, bare in mind the radius of the mast 'signal acceptance' area. Just because BSE is 12 miles from BM doesn't mean to say that the signal has to travel that far. The total distance of 12 miles, minus signal acceptance areas of 3 miles each (6 miles) means the signal ONLY has to travel 6 miles to register from one to the other.

I think another reason for the missing persons status might also be that the earliest suspicions were probably that Corrie had an accident on his way back from BSE in the early hours of Saturday morning.

But just to address the part here where Nicola said Corrie had walked that route before. That assertion was later retracted as if it had never been made.

I believe that was because Nicola and Darroch were getting their info on Corrie's night out behaviour from the other lads at the base and one of them mentioned that sometimes lads might walk home, and Nicola assumed that included Corrie, but was later corrected that Corrie had never done that walk himself.

The other option is actually that Corrie had done that walk and the RAF didn't want that known in case terrorists decided to lay in wait along that route for guys walking home after a night out, so all the statements get retracted and orders go out to everyone on base that they are not to walk that route in future but must always get a taxi or lift with a known friend.

It was said early on that jumping on the back of a bin lorry or getting a lift from a random stranger could easily be something that Corrie might do...his family wouldn't be shocked if they found out he did do something like that. But the route the lorry took has been searched, and it's been mentioned that there was a camera on the Fiveways roundabout that saw the bin lorry but no Corrie hanging on the back, so that option has not really been discussed as much the past few weeks simply the signs that ought to point to that haven't been found.

As a Police Officer, Nicola must be well aware of providing factual information. I therefore don't buy the fact that his walking home was an assumption based on comments from lads at the base.
If this was the case then surely the reply would be 'I am told by his friends at the base that he did walk back'.

I remember seeing another statement which I can't comment on as not certain where I read it.

Good morning,
I'm a long time lurker but felt I may have something to add here.
l'm not sure that the police have a right to seize a vehicle without evidence of a crime being committed. Does anyone know the rules?
Could it be that they have indeed identified the further 3 vehicles but haven't been allowed to search one or more by the owner(s) and it is this which is preventing them being ruled out.
Morning clevercat. Welcome to the asylum. Good point. They seized the bin lorry presumably with this evidence of the phone pings so if the vehicles where a similar timeline couldn't they do the same?

0430am - Corrie's phone leaves the BSE mast area (approx 5km radius).
0458am - Corri's phone enters the BM mast area (approx 5km radius).
0800am (approx) - Last signal from Corrie's phone in BM mast area.

Its important to not that the speed of a HGV/LGV (bin lorry) would be recorded on the tachograph uplink. Also, on A roads by law it would be limited to a maximum speed of 40mph so an over speed (speeding) would be registered as an illegality and flagged up).
Additionally, bare in mind the radius of the mast 'signal acceptance' area. Just because BSE is 12 miles from BM doesn't mean to say that the signal has to travel that far. The total distance of 12 miles, minus signal acceptance areas of 3 miles each (6 miles) means the signal ONLY has to travel 6 miles to register from one to the other.

BBM

But this means that the phone travelled only 6 miles in almost half an hour.

Yet we were told that the bin lorry did not stop on its journey from BSE to BM.

Am I going bonkers?

We've all done that but corrie sat in his car on a public road (robert boby way) drinking while chatting for nearly an hour. Have any of us done that? I don't think so. Midsummer, does that road have cctv by the way? I think we should go right back to when they all left the base -how many, how many cars, were some designated drivers, where did the others park, when did the others leave and did designated driver drive back or did they get taxis, when did they all go back and get their cars the next day etc. We've spent enough time wasting it on the bin lorry surely?
It's obviously going to be difficult (and illegal) to have a drink on camp and then drive to Robert Roby Way. That would explain him preloading when he got there before meeting his mates. There are street signs forbidding the consumption of alcohol on the street which explains him drinking in the car.
attachment.php

Unsure about cctv on Robert Roby Way.
Two cars (three including Corrie's).

Again, I think the bin lorry is an irrelevance and a red herring at the moment. Just coincidental.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 135
Absolutely correct Melmoth.

So that means it MUST be a third party with a different vehicle heading towards the BM mast area at least, and staking in it until 0800 or Corrie's phone staying in it until 0800.

the T/S/D equations suggest a 'slow ride'. That really only matches a fast cycle, milk float, combine harvester, moped or a drunk driver. Given that the best option is a car.....looks to me like a drunk driver coming from a party to collect Corrie. JMO
Or could be a young or inexperienced driver. I first passed my test age 24 and so proud went out to pick up a friend and went out together for the evening. I picked up my friend and took them home. This was rural country lanes in the dark suddenly with noone sitting next to me once I was heading home. Suddenly behind me I saw the blue light. I stopped and the policeman questioned me. I explained and they asked if they could look in theboot so I got out and opened it. They were satisfied and I asked why did u stop me" and they said "you were driving very slowly". This is why I am adding this as a suggestion. No link just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95