UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to find him, you would think so would nt you yorkshire. It seems to be all deliberately misleading. The cctv for instance is not 100% but is 25% unless motion is detected .

'Missing: #FindCorrie' tonight on Forces TV.

We take an in-depth look at the investigation to find Corrie McKeague.

Corrie's station commander spoke exclusively to us about his disappearance.

Tune in for the full documentary tonight at 1900(GMT)... Sky 264/Virgin 244/Freesat 652

so hopefully we'll get the RAF take on this

I was just thinking that if the police conclude that (a) there is no evidence of foul play and (b) they have run out of lines of enquiry for the present, and the family do go ahead with engaging a PI, then it seems likely that in the near future only lines of enquiry acceptable to the family are likely to be pursued. And if a PI's enquiries lead him in a direction the family is not happy with he may be told to ignore them or find himself paid off.

This could go very quiet methinks.
It already has I think. Everyone must be just letting it all permeate the grey matter before commenting.

DC

The Find Corrie section is part of the 7pm news on the Forces TV channel, which is available on Sky, Virgin & Freesat. It's not a Sky News item.

Makes sense! Thank tou I'll catch it online

I don't know what more anyone can do? Can the family have access to the cctv? I suppose a Pi team can knock doors, talk to people, but there are 3 vehicles to be tracked down, surely only the police can do that as you'd need a search warrant etc, such a mess of a situation really

OK, so are we now going to revisit the possibility that Corrie COULD have walked out of the horseshoe without been captured by any of the cameras.

I questioned a while back about how Tony was able to come to conclusion he couldn't have done without having real time access to all of the private CCTVs and physically testing every possible scenario. IMO this hasn't been done and so I'm going to work on the basis that Corrie could have walked out unless we have concrete proof otherwise
It seems he could have walked, ridden, climbed, driven, been driven out and it could have been willingly or unwillingly to coincide with the 04.30 ping when his phone left the BSE mast. The phone pings seem to be all we have now and I am still not certain about them, especially as I now I have doubts which footage is actually his last sighting?

I was just thinking that if the police conclude that (a) there is no evidence of foul play and (b) they have run out of lines of enquiry for the present, and the family do go ahead with engaging a PI, then it seems likely that in the near future only lines of enquiry acceptable to the family are likely to be pursued. And if a PI's enquiries lead him in a direction the family is not happy with he may be told to ignore them or find himself paid off.

This could go very quiet methinks.

I'm curious as to how a PI operates, if anyone can help. For example, how does it work liaising with the police? To what evidence already collected would they be allowed access?

If a PI has to kind of 'start over' with interviews etc, doesn't it just delay moving forward?

Maybe what some in the group are saying is right maybe the police have there own links and evidence and are pointing there direction at the sexuality nature or even turning on the family themselves I just cant get what Nicola said in that interview out my head was a very powerful statement. Something a clearly upset her trust is a major thing to lose and with her being a fellow officer was they untrusting Nicola and the family ?

I don't know what more anyone can do? Can the family have access to the cctv? I suppose a Pi team can knock doors, talk to people, but there are 3 vehicles to be tracked down, surely only the police can do that as you'd need a search warrant etc, such a mess of a situation really

To be honest I really struggle to see what a PI can realistically achieve in this case that the police haven't.

Yes, a PI can knock on doors but if this was worth doing the police would have done so.

A PI can legally obtain registration details of a vehicle only if he is a member of the ABI as he can apply to a specific ABI member firm which has legal access to the DVLA's database. If those vehicles are traceable the police will have traced them.

A PI could try to talk to Corrie's friends in the RAF and USAF but at best they will tell him only what the police already know.

I just find it very strange that a serving police officer is looking to hire a PI.

Reading through again, I don't think there's enough speed of the going through of the witness statements, so vital information is being lost/ignored, as the family see it.

In all fairness the only things the police could say that they had categorically carried out was a 15acre search, which I thought in the main was carried out by Sulsar anyway!

The police are in a sticky situation as there is no evidence of foul play. How long do they go on with this. No matter how much we speculate, add ideas. The fact remains , no evidence. So people are saying about lack of funding resources ect but is this not an example of a waste of police resources? Sorry if it sounds callous and my observation only.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I see what you're saying but when the police said they were using all resources that they would use "in a murder enquiry" but have yet to follow up with leads, it doesn't support their statement.

I'm curious as to how a PI operates, if anyone can help. For example, how does it work liaising with the police? To what evidence already collected would they be allowed access?

If a PI has to kind of 'start over' with interviews etc, doesn't it just delay moving forward?

I believe the police will have little to do with them. You have to understand that unlike the US, where becoming a PI is regulated in almost all states and with, usually, quite stringent registration requirements, there is no regulation of the industry in the UK. There are a lot of cowboys out there as became apparent during the News of the World (illegal) phonetapping scandal a few years ago.

In the wake of that, there was a proposal to bring the PI industry within the scope of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) which regulates a number of sectors including close protection (bodyguards), door supervision (bouncers) vehicle clamping and so on. The proposal would have required applicants for registration to have a minimum of a Level 3 vocational qualification in professional investigation and meet a number of criteria for registration. However this is rather on the back burner for the time being, not least because the government's attention is elsewhere at present.

Having said that there are a number of reputable agencies, including those run by ex-police and ex-military types, and I do hope the family appoints such a firm.

I see what you're saying but when the police said they were using all resources that they would use "in a murder enquiry" but have yet to follow up with leads, it doesn't support their statement.

But who have said who's been interviewed and who haven't? The family, the same family who have said you 100% can't walk out of the horseshoe without being seen which the police have not confirmed.

I don't think the police are anywhere near as incompentent as they've been made out to be. I refuse to believe they've done searched, the cctv and that's barely it. Things do take time and it is difficult but I don't know that it wouldn't constitute as being "betrayed" you know?

This is the link http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016...ning-corrie-disappeared-go-on-show-to-public/
And this is a still of the blue car
edd5bbca68df4659d0f0344970eef10b.png

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

What do people have on the thoughts of the blue car? I know it has cropped up a few times and salvage yard has been mentioned do people think as to whether forensics have been done on the car has it ever been searched? I do have the memory span of a goldfish :( and too much to trawl through to find any answers Thanks

To be honest I really struggle to see what a PI can realistically achieve in this case that the police haven't.

Yes, a PI can knock on doors but if this was worth doing the police would have done so.

A PI can legally obtain registration details of a vehicle only if he is a member of the ABI as he can apply to a specific ABI member firm which has legal access to the DVLA's database. If those vehicles are traceable the police will have traced them.

A PI could try to talk to Corrie's friends in the RAF and USAF but at best they will tell him only what the police already know.

I just find it very strange that a serving police officer is looking to hire a PI.

The family undoubtedly have been keeping their own records of leads, information shared by police, and other statements to give the PI a good head start on the case. Let's hope the PI is prior MoD and still has connections on the force, or a good prior relationship with local police, so that evidence doesn't "go missing" as mentioned earlier on this thread.

I agree it's strange. What are they hoping a pi to do. Would they have access to all current evidence and info? Plus if they find anything wouldn't they have to turn it over to the police? If there's no regulations are you not breaking the law by getting involved in an investigation? Could this not compromise the investigation? Should this pi find anything how would they process or test anything without breaking the law (assuming they have resources)

What do people have on the thoughts of the blue car? I know it has cropped up a few times and salvage yard has been mentioned do people think as to whether forensics have been done on the car has it ever been searched? I do have the memory span of a goldfish :( and too much to trawl through to find any answers Thanks

I don't really have any. Unless it moved he couldn't have gotten in it? (I think!)

IMO that if you put your faith in the police and they say to Nicola Corrie cant walk out that horseshoe without been seen you would TRUST them but if like Nicola has done spoken to locals who have more knowledge and maybe little proof that you can infact walk out that horseshoe mmmm

Maybe what some in the group are saying is right maybe the police have there own links and evidence and are pointing there direction at the sexuality nature or even turning on the family themselves I just cant get what Nicola said in that interview out my head was a very powerful statement. Something a clearly upset her trust is a major thing to lose and with her being a fellow officer was they untrusting Nicola and the family ?

In my opinion, if the police thought that Corrie was AWOL, they would have put the family under some level of surveillance. Perhaps the family found out and feel the resources should have been channeled elsewhere, as well as obviously feeling somewhat insulted that they were under scrutiny. However, under the circumstances of apparently no evidence of foul play and no body, I wouldn't be surprised if the police had done that & I don't see why they wouldn't.

Perhaps the police have decided not to release the stills/images of the outstanding suspects/witnesses to the family. I don't believe the family would yet be in possession of those images and they had announced that they would be released this week and added to the website. If they feel the images would help massively but the police have now decided to withhold them, I can see why that would deeply upset the family & lead to them feeling betrayed.

One other thought is that if Corrie was involved in drugs and the police are going down that route.
The family may feel that it's not something Corrie would ever do and feel that pursuing those lines of enquiry are pointless, despite certain information possibly pointing to the contrary.

I'm not however, convinced that the family would feel "betrayed" by the police wishing to pursue a line of investigation which would involve Corrie being confirmed as gay/bi.
I know if it were my child, I wouldn't give a flying **** if, in the course of recovering my missing son, the police discovered & confirmed he was gay/bi/sleeping with someone's wife or husband/a drug addict or a frikkin closet marmite lover!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95