UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point we are at, is pretty much summed up by Corrie's grandparents in their appeal.

1. He entered Short Brackland at 0325 and disappeared.

2. It appears he could have been meeting someone, which probably explains why he remained in Bury St Edmunds for 2 hrs.

What happened in the Horseshoe area is unclear to us.
With whom he was meeting is unknown to us.
What happened subsequently is a mystery to everyone.

It is also clear that there has been a total and complete breakdown in the relationship between Nicola/Tony and the Suffolk Police.

It is also evident that there is no unity in the appeals made by either parent in their search for Corrie.

No link has been established between Corrie's disappearance, the bin lorry and his phone, other than the phone pinging in Barton and the bin lorry's route subsequent route from the horseshoe area.

CCTV shows several unidentified people still remain unaccounted.
And that 3 vehicles have been identified but it is unknown what the term "identified" actually means, in respect to these vehicles.

From an outsider looking in, key to this case is with whom was Corrie meeting, if indeed he was meeting someone. Information that would throw some light on that is not be shared, if it is indeed such information is known.

The Suffolk police have responded to Nicola's comments saying that they were "surprised" and "disappointed" by Nicola's comments, adding "we are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation", thus confirming that the case is still classed as a Missing Persons Enquiry.

Reference (the police ACC comments)
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-38221073

Correct. Where do we go from now without locking the thread? We have covered every angle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the point we are at, is pretty much summed up by Corrie's grandparents in their appeal.

1. He entered Short Brackland at 0325 and disappeared.

2. It appears he could have been meeting someone, which probably explains why he remained in Bury St Edmunds for 2 hrs.

What happened in the Horseshoe area is unclear to us.
With whom he was meeting is unknown to us.
What happened subsequently is a mystery to everyone.

It is also clear that there has been a total and complete breakdown in the relationship between Nicola/Tony and the Suffolk Police.

It is also evident that there is no unity in the appeals made by either parent in their search for Corrie.

No link has been established between Corrie's disappearance, the bin lorry and his phone, other than the phone pinging in Barton and the bin lorry's route subsequent route from the horseshoe area.

CCTV shows several unidentified people still remain unaccounted.
And that 3 vehicles have been identified but it is unknown what the term "identified" actually means, in respect to these vehicles.

From an outsider looking in, key to this case is with whom was Corrie meeting, if indeed he was meeting someone. Information that would throw some light on that is not being shared, if it is indeed such information is known.

The Suffolk police have responded to Nicola's comments saying that they were "surprised" and "disappointed" by Nicola's comments, adding "we are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation", thus confirming that the case is still classed as a Missing Persons Enquiry.

Reference (the police ACC comments)
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-38221073

Excellent summation - thank you

The only other thing I can add at this moment in time is this question.

If he was going to meet someone later on that night (and that seems to explain the 2 hr wait) and he was NOT expecting to get kicked out of the night club....then why didn't he call them and meet them earlier ?

The relevance of the wait (if he had pre-arranged a meeting) is completely over-looked.

Why 0330 ?

If he did leave in a car, then was it parked there or did it arrive ?

Was he meeting someone in the horseshoe and the car driver knew it was there he was meeting this person ?

The meeting seems surreptitious in nature, due to it's timing and it's unknown nature (and possibly it's location, although the location provides an easy route into town and an easy route out of town, avoiding much of the One Way System around Bury).

What time does flex finish? How long a walk is it from Flex to the horseshoe? Was the lift therefore arranged because he was ejected from the club, or prearranged - who says he would have stayed until closing? His intention may have always been to leave early, after all, it was usual practice to make their own way home after a night out

if he was meeting someone, why the horseshoe? Was it a secret meet up? Could that explain the sheepish, double checking behaviour at such a secluded location?

Watching the cctv footage again, it looks like he does his skip, looks into the horseshoe, his body language does appear to look at tho he's recognised something/someone of interest, he then looks down the street towards the camera, back the other way, then back down said street. Would you be looking up and down the street in such a way just going for a wee? Or would you be being so thorough as you wanted to make sure that nooone you knew saw you? Just musing

edited to reflect this is not based on any assumptions of sexual preference, just trying to understand the behaviour,

As regards Nicola's feelings of betrayal, I wonder if the police have changed their minds about issuing the stills of cctv images, or is she referring to the possibility that they've got no further with investigating the cars or talking to the 13 people recently identified

again, just musing.

Watching the cctv footage again, it looks like he does his skip, looks into the horseshoe, his body language does appear to look at tho he's recognised something/someone of interest, he then looks down the street towards the camera, back the other way, then back down said street. Would you be looking up and down the street in such a way just going for a wee? Or would you be being so thorough as you wanted to make sure that nooone you knew saw you? Just musing

edited to reflect this is not based on any assumptions of sexual preference, just trying to understand the behaviour,

Everything we have seen and heard fits in with my original and long standing theory. Of course, there are a few missing elements that have not been released by the police (footage etc) but it all stands right with me.
Why did Corrie refuse a free lift home? Because he had plans.
Why did Corrie sit and eat his food in town without going home?
Because he had plans.
Why did Corrie go down a side street to meet the person in the car instead of just meeting them in the main area where he had spent so much time anyway?
Because he didn't want them to be seen.

These of course are of my own opinion.

Is it correct that the street to the right of McDonalds (I think that's what it's called) is covered by CCTV cameras? Would that be council ones or ones in shops?

The only other thing I can add at this moment in time is this question.

If he was going to meet someone later on that night (and that seems to explain the 2 hr wait) and he was NOT expecting to get kicked out of the night club....then why didn't he call them and meet them earlier ?

The relevance of the wait (if he had pre-arranged a meeting) is completely over-looked.

Why 0330 ?

If he did leave in a car, then was it parked there or did it arrive ?

Was he meeting someone in the horseshoe and the car driver knew it was there he was meeting this person ?

The meeting seems surreptitious in nature, due to it's timing and it's unknown nature (and possibly it's location, although the location provides an easy route into town and an easy route out of town, avoiding much of the One Way System around Bury).

a meet arranged at that time, I would have to assume either the other person was working, they had a ways to travel, or they were staying in the club they were in until closing at 3.

Right I need to remember I have children to feed lol, need to move away from the screen....

I am beginning to think that he met someone, (male/female/friend/hook-up, Ive no idea which) and went willingly into a vehicle to a property somewhere. That's where he was maybe killed, by accident or in a fight or on purpose. That property will be where the forensic evidence will be and hold all the clues.

I was going to post this just before we got closed so here we go with my theory why Nicola feels betrayed. Look at still 3 of the cctv pod footage. Its so quick that I missed it until bestie pointed it out to me. It's a blue car parked around the corner from hughes according to bestie. I couldn't work out why it was in there along with still 7. Then I remember the police and all media saying the cctv first issued was the last sighting. So the horseshoe footing may not strictly be the last sighting? Maybe that is why Nicola feels betrayed. If that blue car is the one that picked corrie it would make sense why he was waiting in that doorway and make sense why the car is shown in still 3. I couldn't see why the gay angle or grindr theories would make her feel betrayed either. What do others think? It would also make sensewhy we hhaven't been shown him leaving the doorway.JMO

a meet arranged at that time, I would have to assume either the other person was working, they had a ways to travel, or they were staying in the club they were in until closing at 3.
Or they were on duty if they were military?

From the justgiving page:The Police investigation team, through a combination of lack of resources, intransigence and incompetence have failed to capture and process vital evidence and still lack the basic resources to efficiently process a tiny number of phone calls per week.

I'd say intransigence means the police are following lines of enquiry that the family deem rediculous or unimportant. So that could be they feel gay websites and apps like Grindr aren't worth the resources, or it could be the police are looking for him in the bury area when the family feel he has to be further out because he didn't leave on foot, it could be that the police are looking into the families movements on that night as it wouldn't be the first time a family have been "betrayed" by being treated as a suspect.

I think the police have an idea of events and the family don't agree with them hence the frustration. Perhaps Nicola feels something is being overlooked because it doesn't fit in with the polices theory?

I'll wait for this documentary and see what I feel the point of it is. Yesterday's reward and damning interview got them 12k in donations so far, let's see what the focus and purpose of the docu is and what facts it holds (and what betrayal is shown)

From the justgiving page:The Police investigation team, through a combination of lack of resources, intransigence and incompetence have failed to capture and process vital evidence and still lack the basic resources to efficiently process a tiny number of phone calls per week.

I'd say intransigence means the police are following lines of enquiry that the family deem rediculous or unimportant. So that could be they feel gay websites and apps like Grindr aren't worth the resources, or it could be the police are looking for him in the bury area when the family feel he has to be further out because he didn't leave on foot, it could be that the police are looking into the families movements on that night as it wouldn't be the first time a family have been "betrayed" by being treated as a suspect.

I think the police have an idea of events and the family don't agree with them hence the frustration. Perhaps Nicola feels something is being overlooked because it doesn't fit in with the polices theory?

I'll wait for this documentary and see what I feel the point of it is. Yesterday's reward and damning interview got them 12k in donations so far, let's see what the focus and purpose of the docu is and what facts it holds (and what betrayal is shown)

Can anyone confirm that the 7pm sky listing on forces tv is listed as the news for half an hour? I have it set to record

I was going to post this just before we got closed so here we go with my theory why Nicola feels betrayed. Look at still 3 of the cctv pod footage. Its so quick that I missed it until bestie pointed it out to me. It's a blue car parked around the corner from hughes according to bestie. I couldn't work out why it was in there along with still 7. Then I remember the police and all media saying the cctv first issued was the last sighting. So the horseshoe footing may not strictly be the last sighting? Maybe that is why Nicola feels betrayed. If that blue car is the one that picked corrie it would make sense why he was waiting in that doorway and make sense why the car is shown in still 3. I couldn't see why the gay angle or grindr theories would make her feel betrayed either. What do others think? It would also make sensewhy we hhaven't been shown him leaving the doorway.JMO

So in your opinion, did the police see him go in to this blue car? I can't find the footage clips in my post nightshift haze do you have a link?

Assuming the betrayal happened before the documentary was recorded? Or we can hope it was updated. But Nicola had the opportunity to share her reasons on the news last night, and didn't. Makes me think it's something almost 'slanderous' in nature, as to why she's so angry. Then you're looking at two different directions, poor process etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal