UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea but I wonder if the family have found out the police spent significant time investigating them for potentially helping him go AWOL when the family had been told they were looking into the CCTV and other leads but were low on resources. That's just an opinion.
The police would have to look into all possibilities including awol. Welcome by the way.

What I find strange is the conflict of praise the other is negative in police input. One has a funding page the other offers reward on own. Based on the two observations is there a divide? Surely if anyone needed support it would be two pensioners. IMO it appears fractured.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

IIRC, Nicola's camp praised the police publicly several times - until she no longer could. My mom always said, "you get more bees with honey..."

It wouldn't surprise me if our continuing exploration of the possibility is the real reason the family have disparaged WS.

Because we're wrong or because we're making them confront a thought they hadn't previously had? I can imagine both being somewhat uncomfortable.

It wouldn't surprise me if our continuing exploration of the possibility is the real reason the family have disparaged WS.

(Removed, sorry - my comment didn't come out the way I meant it. No disrespect to anyone intended...)

<modsnip>

I find the site a lot easier to navigate & manage by using the Tapatalk app. HTH

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Until it appears on the website or in MSM its is purely hearsay that Corrie is gay and was using Grindr. Please do not take it as fact.

Yes I tend to agree. I know it's 2016 but there is still a lot of hatred towards being gay...I know a lot of people who would be absolutely horrified if their son or daughter was gay and say they would disown them

Yes I tend to agree. I know it's 2016 but there is still a lot of hatred towards being gay...I know a lot of people who would be absolutely horrified if their son or daughter was gay and say they would disown them

If Corrie is gay, I have to wonder why he didn't tell his mum. Or, seemingly, anyone else in his immediate family.

Or insisting on investigating a gay angle against the wishes of the family.
they have to investigate all angles awol gay straight accident etc don't they and presumably they are still doing so? Could even have been blackmail who the heck knows at this moment?

If Corrie is gay, I have to wonder why he didn't tell his mum. Or, seemingly, anyone else in his immediate family.

Possibly for the same reason gay men marry women & vice-versa. Just because it's now "acceptable" to be any sexuality of choice doesn't mean that (a) your family / loved ones will accept it and, perhaps more importantly, (b) you don't want to accept it yourself. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who said he didn't?

Of course we don't know. We don't know that he's gay at all.

But Nicola's absolute denial of the possibility at a press conference many weeks ago makes it very unlikely that she knew.

Possibly for the same reason gay men marry women & vice-versa. Just because it's now "acceptable" to be any sexuality of choice doesn't mean that (a) your family / loved ones will accept it and, perhaps more importantly,

That's really what I've been skirting round - the idea that Corrie coming out would have been decidedly unwelcome to one or more members of the family.

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

just a gentle reminder......

Today's events have really turned this case on its head. Could a private investigation alongside a police investigation hinder the police investigation. Are they compromising the polices ability to do their job by doing this? I'll be interested to see the family speak out about what exactly has happened. Betrayed is such a strong word with strong connotations

That's really what I've been skirting round - the idea that Corrie coming out would have been decidedly unwelcome to one or more members of the family.

I think generally speaking its in fact easier to come out as gay, as opposed to bisexual.

I think we do have to be careful here, just because a man, takes care of his appearance and appears to be fairly flamboyant in nature, it doesn't automatically make him gay....

Today's events have really turned this case on its head. Could a private investigation alongside a police investigation hinder the police investigation. Are they compromising the polices ability to do their job by doing this? I'll be interested to see the family speak out about what exactly has happened. Betrayed is such a strong word with strong connotations

I think a private investigator is a great idea - people might talk more freely to the PI versus the police. And I agree with you also, "betrayal" is such a strong, cold word - far surpasses the "disappointment" felt earlier, more personal even.

MOD NOTE:

Again, the Facebook page is OFF LIMITS. You may not discuss or reference this page AT ALL. This includes thinly veiled descriptions such as "the page that can't be mentioned," or "the time out page," or whatever other way you try to disguise it. For our purposes, it does not exist. Period.

Websleuths does not permit discussion of rumors or gossip. You may not post about something you've "heard," regardless of who you heard it from.

Speculation is fine as long as it is based on known facts. If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM, findcorrie.co.uk) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

Crowd funding pages may not be linked on Websleuths.

If you have a concern about a post or see a post in violation of Websleuths' Rules or TOS, please hit the alert button to report it. Do not quote or reply to the post. Just report it and scroll on by.

When posts in violation are not reported, but rather quoted and continuously discussed, this is what causes the need for temporary closure of the thread. To avoid thread closures, simply post in accordance of the rules, and report any posts that do not.

Continuing to post with a disregard for the rules may result in a loss of posting privileges.

Thank you.

I've been nightshift last night so will try and catch up before I go to bed! Looks like yesterday was an interesting development day all round!

I think the point we are at, is pretty much summed up by Corrie's grandparents in their appeal.

1. He entered Short Brackland at 0325 and disappeared.

2. It appears he could have been meeting someone, which probably explains why he remained in Bury St Edmunds for 2 hrs.

What happened in the Horseshoe area is unclear to us.
With whom he was meeting is unknown to us.
What happened subsequently is a mystery to everyone.

It is also clear that there has been a total and complete breakdown in the relationship between Nicola/Tony and the Suffolk Police.

It is also evident that there is no unity in the appeals made by either parent in their search for Corrie.

No link has been established between Corrie's disappearance, the bin lorry and his phone, other than the phone pinging in Barton and the bin lorry's route subsequent route from the horseshoe area.

CCTV shows several unidentified people still remain unaccounted.
And that 3 vehicles have been identified but it is unknown what the term "identified" actually means, in respect to these vehicles.

From an outsider looking in, key to this case is with whom was Corrie meeting, if indeed he was meeting someone. Information that would throw some light on that is not being shared, if it is indeed such information is known.

The Suffolk police have responded to Nicola's comments saying that they were "surprised" and "disappointed" by Nicola's comments, adding "we are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation", thus confirming that the case is still classed as a Missing Persons Enquiry.

Reference (the police ACC comments)
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-38221073

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads