UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they were doing searches, they also assumed he was walking back to Honington. If in actual fact he was planning to go to Mildenhall and began walking that would be the A1101, which is why I am now wondering where they have searched. It may be on the find corrie website so I'll have a look.

I could have sworn they searched Barton mills side. I did have a look on the sulsar website but I think information isn't really in any clear order or place so it's hard to gauge

My maths may be rusty so forgive me...
34.5 minutes total of 30 second 'Horseshoe' footage (Greenwoods sweep).138 minutes total of 1 minute 30 second footage of the 'Eyelet' (Greenwoods sweep).
276 minutes of total footage of Greenwoods CCTV from 0324-0800.

Haha, nice one! Thanks for that. I made a boo-boo and gave you bad info though sorry, I think it's actually 30 seconds from every 2 mins 30.

Angle 1: St John's (30 secs)
Angle 2: Brentgrovel towards the Grapes (30 secs, 1 min tot)
Angle 3: Ground beneath Greenwoods camera (shot #7 in CCTV identification footage) (30 secs, 1 min 30 tot)
Angle 4: Gregg's Alley (I call it that because you can't see the Horseshoe in this angle) (30 secs, 2 min tot)
Angle 5: Horseshoe (30 secs, 2 min 30 tot)

Angle 3 is not fully validated, but we can deduce from the way the footage is cut (one clip shows Angle 1 to 2, another clip shows angle 4 to 5, and at end of footage we see angle 3 and there's only the Greenwoods camera in that location to see that angle).

Additional footage could come from the Grapes camera (Corrie eating kebab CCTV) but we know nothing about that one as far as I'm aware, because it may also be on an auto-rotation, so unclear how many angles/time has lapsed between each. It wouldn't get great images though, being so far away.

And personally still maintain it may never have started in the Horseshoe at all (ie a car, so never entered any shot ever). What if Corrie looked into the Horseshoe but the car was actually parked in that OTHER horseshoe that's literally round the corner in Short Brackland (another rear of shops, with lots of cars parked in it on Street View, not far from the 'open door' of the back of a pub/kitchen). If that "other" horseshoe was fairly empty at night, perfect place for a car to do a 3 point turn, park up, etc. From the moments we see Corrie walk to the bins, assuming the CCTV moves to Angle 1 seconds later, he then has 2 mins to walk 10 metres out of shot in the Short Brack direction to not be seen on CCTV again.

Thank you for that, I'm terrible with the mast stuff! Would you say then that the ping times we have are when that mast has switched to a stronger signal?

No I think it constantly pings every mast that's available so in theory there will be a point that it switches from one to another but pinpointing that to an exact geographical location would probably be quite hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc - no history of mental health issues and no money worries

I too watched the interview and I do not recall her saying any such thing. I recall her saying that they are putting as many resources into finding him as they would if it were a murder investigation. This has an entirely different meaning IMO. I stand corrected if I misheard what she was saying.
I'm only going off memory myself Mel F....Apologies if I worded wrong guys.

Doc - went to Mamma Mia every 2/3 weeks according to the owner

Is it possible that instead of turning right down the B1106 towards the A134 and Honington (fastest walking route according to Google Maps) that he could have taken the wrong exit at the roundabout and gone down the road (also says B1106 on Google Maps) that runs parallel to the A1101? That would take him in the same direction as Barton Mills although I'm not sure how far he would have to travel to ping the tower there. He would eventually reach the A1101 anyway.

Another question: If a phone is submerged in water how long would it take to die? Would it continue pinging until 8:00 AM if Corrie ended up in a body of water, or would it die sooner than that?

When they were doing searches, they also assumed he was walking back to Honington. If in actual fact he was planning to go to Mildenhall and began walking that would be the A1101, which is why I am now wondering where they have searched. It may be on the find corrie website so I'll have a look.

There should be some information on the location of the searches in the police updates on the Suffolk constabulary website. My recollection is that they did search around the Fiveways roundabout, but I don't remember if they did the entire route . Sulsar might also have a page with more search details.

Doc - police women says no links found between Corrie & Marham attempted abduction, it was looked at early on

My maths may be rusty so forgive me...
34.5 minutes total of 30 second 'Horseshoe' footage (Greenwoods sweep).138 minutes total of 1 minute 30 second footage of the 'Eyelet' (Greenwoods sweep).
276 minutes of total footage of Greenwoods CCTV from 0324-0800.

I think we have to be careful here....Is it absolute fact the Greenwoods camera is/was on a set sweep only? Like I have said before I do believe these cameras have pre-sets as well as fully programmable "tours" but I still wonder if in addition there is some sort of motion detection also set? If you look at the 3rd clip in the CCTV released it is looking down St John Street and as soon as the group of three people are 'in frame' the camera quickly pans round as if it detected them.

Could have just been perfectly timed but we don't actually know for sure.

Doc - can police get information from dating apps on his phone? they refuse to answer that

Is there any reason Corrie couldn't have walked to Barton mills in those times scales? Bury to bm is almost 12 miles away. To ping the mast you only have to be in the radius, so minus 3 miles. That gives an hour and a half to walk 9 miles. Apparently an average person can walk 8 miles in around two hours. I'd assume bury has a bigger mast radius? So we're looking at an hour to get out of the bury mast radius and half an hour from there to enter the Barton mills radius.

I would say it's certainly possible given that I don't know how the pings work, in terms of if the timings are accurate, whether they ping straight away when you enter or leave a mast radius etc.

My partner has done a 7 mile tab today so I'll ask how long on average it takes them. The only reason I'd sway to it being unlikely is the amount of drink Corrie had had. I'm not sure he would keep up the speed needed to do the journey that quickly. But I'm not sure it's impossible?

Of course then you'd have to wonder why the hell he was walking in the wrong direction home!

If the police can completely discount the phone pings being the result of Corrie walking then they either have evidence he was separated from his phone or they have evidence of a third party. Surely until they rule one out they can't categorically say there was no third party? And they don't have the phone.

Average walking speed is between 10 to 12 minute miles. If that helps.

Doc - FAMILY say you cannot leave teh area without being caught on CCTV (this was emphasised, not police)

There should be some information on the location of the searches in the police updates on the Suffolk constabulary website. My recollection is that they did search around the Fiveways roundabout, but I don't remember if they did the entire route . Sulsar might also have a page with more search details.

Is it my imagination of have the RAF not been very active in searches? I seem to recall that they did get involve in the early days when the assumption was that Corrie had come a cropper somewhere between BSE and Honington, but since then zilch.

Or have I missed something?

Doc - Nicola says if anyone could be locked up in a house for all this time, it would be Corrie (no idea what she means by this??)

Is it possible that instead of turning right down the B1106 towards the A134 and Honington (fastest walking route according to Google Maps) that he could have taken the wrong exit at the roundabout and gone down the road (also says B1106 on Google Maps) that runs parallel to the A1101? That would take him in the same direction as Barton Mills although I'm not sure how far he would have to travel to ping the tower there. He would eventually reach the A1101 anyway.

Another question: If a phone is submerged in water how long would it take to die? Would it continue pinging until 8:00 AM if Corrie ended up in a body of water, or would it die sooner than that?

I suppose that's down to each individual phone, I read he had a Nokia Lumia which I don't believe is water/splashproof so probably as long as it took for the water to get into the circuitry.

Another interesting aspect is how the data they collected from the phone pings was interpreted. I read they say the phone was moving at 12mph on average. Did they calculate the speed of travel in relation to roads, for example it took x time for the phone to travel from A to B, when done by the fastest road that means he travelled at an average of 12mph ruling out the journey by foot. However, if he travelled off road by foot and as the crow flies he would get to the same location in the same time just not by the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc - Nicola says if anyone could be locked up in a house for all this time, it would be Corrie (no idea what she means by this??)

I think she is trying to keep hope alive. So desperately sad seeing that hope fading in everyone else.

Well, that documentary didn't shed any light on anything really.

I think she is trying to keep hope alive. So desperately sad seeing that hope fading in everyone else.

I just wondered why Corrie, out of anyone, would be teh type to be locked against his will in a house for 10 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme