UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midsummer, please could you put the 'eyelet' on Purple's edmundos pic with ur pen thingy? Also, is that Looms lane opposite? Just so those of us who don't know BSE can be sure where we are talking about. Also cctv locations of that area? All the maps are on older threads now.

While not the police it does say on the updates the police have tested ways out to see if it's possible
The TW updates you mean? Anyone got a link to where the police have categorically said this please ?

If we're think usaf they could just be out of the country opposed to missing

We are assuming its an American...it could be someone else from abroad,living/working in this country and could just ditch his job and get another in a different part of the UK.

Corrie in the meantime, his appearance would've changed and keeping low for a while until it all dies down.

Who knows?

I don't believe the police ever have. In at least 2 of their statements they say "There isn’t 100% CCTV coverage in the area" by which I think they are describing the horseshoe. (See early Oct posts at https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague )

So the police say there isn't 100% coverage. It's really just TW that keeps on saying there is, or words to that effect. TW for some reason also speaks on the police and military's behalf on this subject, saying something like "it's virtually impossible and has been tested that you can't leave without being seen". Suspect if you ask me, it looks easy enough to use Short Brackland and never be seen by a CCTV camera.

All it would take is a bin lorry parked at a specific angle in the horseshoe, for someone to walk over to Short Brackland undetected (viewed from the Greenwoods CCTV camera) then stick to the left hand side of the road to not be seen by the rear Cornhill car-park camera, and then as discussed from this PDF:

Bury CCTV locations (note, these are the main system ones, not private company ones)

... there aren't any of the major CCTV camera's on that side of town at all. You can get up to the ring road without passing any. So this "inner and outer ring" and "virtually impossible" claim IMO, is a wee bit horse-*advertiser censored*. It'd be nice to get official word from the Police or military and not just TW on this matter, because he could be saying that to make someone feel guilty that they are definitely on CCTV so come forward (when perhaps they're not, cos it's clearly not all sunshine and lollipops - it's actually quite easy to avoid detection)

I was under the assumption that short brackland was covered by private cctv

The TW updates you mean? Anyone got a link to where the police have categorically said this please ?

Yes Tony's updates. The police to my knowledge have never categorically stated this.

I'm grasping at straws now but as anyone looked up about body language (don't laugh) I have with hands in pockets can mean Bordem, cold and if heads down and shoulders little hunched and brought down means insecurities. Folding arms means defensive shield and a feeling of being vunerable.

Midsummer, please could you put the 'eyelet' on Purple's edmundos pic with ur pen thingy? Also, is that Looms lane opposite? Just so those of us who don't know BSE can be sure where we are talking about. Also cctv locations of that area? All the maps are on older threads now.

Not a hope..
hi roger. Could u clarify which is Loons lane?

We are assuming its an American...it could be someone else from abroad,living/working in this country and could just ditch his job and get another in a different part of the UK.

Corrie in the meantime, his appearance would've changed and keeping low for a while until it all dies down.

Who knows?

Absolutely. It is just an assumption based on the phone pings and the ease I guess to "disappear" back to America but it would work with most other people too I imagine.

I'm grasping at straws now but as anyone looked up about body language (don't laugh) I have with hands in pockets can mean Bordem, cold and if heads down and shoulders little hunched and brought down means insecurities. Folding arms means defensive shield and a feeling of being vunerable.

I've always thought his body language suggests he's walking towards someone. When I meet someone for example in front of a shop in the city, when you get to the point where you can see them but can't talk to them and you're walking towards them it's really awkward, you don't want to just stare at them lol. So you make some kind of acknowledgement they're there and then you look like an idiot looking about and pretending something else has caught your eye or just trying not to scarily stare at the person you're walking towards haha

@ dcflag: Don't think so. Beyond the Cornhill it's all residential houses. Not typically places you stick CCTV cameras...

You can quite easily go up Short Brackland (one way) onto Orchard Street (one way) then onto Churh Row (one way) then Canon Street --- no CCTV cameras at all, as I say it's just houses. I see one private looking one, pointing inwards to a yard. But also remember some folks use "fake" CCTV cameras as deterrents.

I'd "imagine" there is CCTV at that first roundabout or the larger one for the dual carriageway, but I can't personally see them on street view (though have only briefly checked).

If we refer to the PDF, then we can see both roundabouts are uncovered by the main CCTV system. Leaving only private, and the problem there is that, private CCTV (like the Cornhill rear one) is intended to record certain business things like a car park, a yard, a door ... not the general public on roundabouts!!

@ dcflag: Don't think so. Beyond the Cornhill it's all residential houses. Not typically places you stick CCTV cameras...

You can quite easily go up Short Brackland (one way) onto Orchard Street (one way) then onto Churh Row (one way) then Canon Street --- no CCTV cameras at all, as I say it's just houses. I see one private looking one, pointing inwards to a yard. But also remember some folks use "fake" CCTV cameras as deterrents.

I'd "imagine" there is CCTV at that first roundabout or the larger one for the dual carriageway, but I can't personally see them on street view (though have only briefly checked).

If we refer to the PDF, then we can see both roundabouts are uncovered by the main CCTV system. Leaving only private, and the problem there is that, private CCTV (like the Cornhill rear one) is intended to record certain business things like a car park, a yard, a door ... not the general public on roundabouts!!

That's an interesting point and may be why it's difficult to track a vehicle also.

The idea you cannot leave the horseshoe without being detected has been BS from the start IMO. It's only now that I see it's probably being touted like that to make someone feel guilty that they are "caught red handed on CCTV" in an effort to get them to come forward. The reality is they probably got away scott free. The other issue is that they wouldn't even have to TRY to evade CCTV for them to fall into the 80% likelihood of being able to anyway.

Greenwoods CCTV cam looks at Corrie's alley for 30 seconds and then elsewhere for 1min 30. If you ain't seen in that 30 seconds, you can go wherever you like from the Horseshoe up Short Brackland and never be seen again. ONLY if you go up towards Greenwoods (like 4 min lurker) or past Cornhill (like running man) will you actually be definitively seen on CCTV again.

Why is Corrie not seen on Greenwoods CCTV after 3.24am? Cos for every 2 minutes of footage it's only looking at the horseshoe for 30 seconds. Someone may do the math and work out how much time that actually equals between 3.30 and 8am. If he and other party (if involved) never went past Cornhill, there's a seriously high chance they'd never be detected again. Personally I feel foot and vehicle could both still be in play, because you can "evade" the horseshoe CCTV on either, and evade the CCTV further out from the horseshoe also on either foot or car.

Yes.
I haven't mentioned this earlier because I really don't know where I'm going with it. He could easily have asked one of the lads at Honington to take him to pick his car up the next day and if that was the case we can probably disregard what plans he'd made to pick it up. But if it was someone else, who possibly came in from the BM/Mildenhall direction, maybe he'd arranged to stay there overnight.

As I say I don't really know where I'm going with this. But I'd be interested to find out by what means he usually picked up his car when he'd driven in to BSE the night before. Taxi? Walk? Mate from Honington? Mate from elsewhere?

You can refer back to the Police and Family Press Conference on the 3rd of October for the answers to those questions.

The "conclusion" that maybe drawn is "unusual".

I don't think Corrie has walked home to Camp before.
If he is with friends, then they likely all go back together in a taxi.
When not with friends, he arranges a lift, then gets back.

The difficultly is, you have to answer the "standard questions".
What happened. How did it happen. Who was involved.

I would go along with the idea that Corrie waited in BSE for 2 hours.
That would indicate a meeting.
A meeting indicates, it was something "pre-arranged".
He could have been heading to that meeting.

If that speculation is followed, then the question is "Why hasn't the person with whom he was meeting come forward to say Corrie never arrived". The conclusion then is, "....because they were involved in whatever has happened".

Since no one appears to know what a possible meeting could have been about, then we hit a brick wall.

The logical steps therefore would be to discover "when" a possible "pre-arranged meeting" could have been arranged. Again another brick wall. Five minutes before ? Three hours before ? In the last week ?

The "how" it was arranged, may throw some light on the situation. However again, a brick wall. Was it over the phone or in person ? Was it by a call, text, whatsapp, an app ?

In these situations, anything could be considered. And I include Kidnap in those "possible" scenarios. It is not beyond possibility that his previous actions and activities were known...and taken advantage of. But then again, everything else is also possible

Corrie just been on ITV news I only got it as it was going off so didn't see full thing and you no I cant offer a link still trying to work it out :(

cheers Tricksy well its spreading like wild fire see what a bit of cash can do they have struggled with publicity over this now moneys involved its popping up here there and everywhere. Lets hope it doesn't bring to many cranks out and it actually leads to some positive news x

I have to say I believe a third party. But if it were possible to evade cctv on foot I'd have to wonder if this isn't a tragic accident or purposefully done by Corrie. If evaded on foot it makes things that much harder.

I think it really comes down to what your personal opinions are on how he got out of the horseshoe area.

I'm right in thinking dogs have been used around bse? Or was this just in specific areas? Could this lend more weight to a vehicle theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024