UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, other than the fact that they love Corrie so very much (and it's completely understandable), why are the family so sure that a third party is involved? Could they have some information that the police don't have?

You'd have to hope in the spirit of finding him asap they have had complete clarity with the police. After all you can hardly critisise them based on them not knowing knowledge you've not provided.

Let's hope tonight sheds some more light on this.

His father and grandfather were visibly upset and very emotional during The Press Conference. His grandfather stating he didn't think he would see him again. Nicola as always composed but has used very strongly the word betrayal. If they feel he is being held against his will by female, male, or group, it may have prompted the reward money from his dad's side of the family and subsequently the Crowd Funding appeal from his mum's side. I feel that they have been told something by the Police in the past few days, or realised there is no new information or leads by the Police and that this has led them to the actions taken by them yesterday. The searches by Sulsar seem to have stopped or are certainly very quiet. I do feel the Police don't have any leads, and if they don't, they will scale back the resources, just my personal opinion. Everything we have been told came via Uncle Tony, from Website updates, not from the Police, latterly. Initially they were much more forthcoming in information. The no faith in the Police has been rumbling for some time now, in statements, and newspaper coverage and I wonder if this has led to a complete breakdown in communication and information from the Police. I am excluding his dad and grandparents, as they seemed to praise the work done to date, certainly more PC in what they said. My own personal opinion is that he is not AWOL by choice. The maps by Midsummer and contributions by James King, DC Flag and others too numerous to mention here are superb, all with little information to go on. This reminds me that Tony implied in his last statement on the website, that they were getting little information themselves. From the cameras and angles, he could have left that area unseen, a short walk on foot and picked up in a car or picked up without the horseshoe cameras seeing the car. He could also have exited in a car and come to harm in natural circumstances, on leaving the car, and been missed by the searchers as has happened with the American lady who went missing in Scotland. She had been missed in the official searches and was found by private searches. JMO and instead of watching, contributing.

Thank you. Susan's case always pops up every now and then in my mind purely because the police completely missed her when really they should have found her during searches. I'm hoping for things to be a little clearer after the docu as I'm starting to get a bit dizzy with all the facts or lack of!

Very plausible NorthernLight.

So, other than the fact that they love Corrie so very much (and it's completely understandable), why are the family so sure that a third party is involved? Could they have some information that the police don't have?
I don't see how they could have...I think it's pure hope that someone's got him and are keeping him alive hetty...

You'd have to hope in the spirit of finding him asap they have had complete clarity with the police. After all you can hardly critisise them based on them not knowing knowledge you've not provided.

Let's hope tonight sheds some more light on this.

I meant more in terms of the family discovering something that the police have not, rather than them failing to share info from the start, but of course all that you have said would still apply in that scenario.

Gah so we're back to
'he walked into the horseshoe and vanished'

his phone pinged somewhere 12 miles out of BSE

then went off

The Mirror story didn't read to me like an investigative piece, more like a journalist/writer doing a run through.

Police always seem to me to hold things close to their chest and not say more than the minimum. So if the police say they have no evidence of a third party, then that says to me they have no CCTV footage of Corrie getting in a car, no eyewitness reports of Corrie getting into a car or a fight, and no one coming forward to report that they've seen or heard something or given Corrie a lift.

If the police search the horseshoe, investigate the bin lorry, check all this CCTV, do all the searches (in conjunction with Sulsar, the RAF and other agencies), talk to everyone they can, and still have no hard evidence or leads, how does anyone expect them to 'find' Corrie? In most cases a missing person would have been found through exactly this work.

A thought I've just had is that I'm still not clear on what the rubbish collection was. If it was a recycling collection that went down a hand-sorting conveyor line, wouldn't electronic items such as phones go into a box for recycling of electronics and not into landfill or incinerator piles? And that would probably mean it the phone would be on a ship to China with the case stripped off and landfilled/incinerated.

Very plausible NorthernLight.

I don't see how they could have...I think it's pure hope that someone's got him and are keeping him alive hetty...

That's what I think redsnapper86. They (and I don't blame them) want to believe Corrie is alive and stay positive, anything else would be just to awful to contemplate.

I know nothing about the RAF (or any Services) apart from what I read, but surely if there was even the slightest suspicion/chance that Corrie has been abducted the RAF or MOD would step in?

I fear - as I always have - that Corrie evaded the CCTV (not deliberately) and did attempt to walk back.

He could have hitched a lift en route or part way of course.

What I haven't understood is the lack of searching.

The Mirror story didn't read to me like an investigative piece, more like a journalist/writer doing a run through.

Police always seem to me to hold things close to their chest and not say more than the minimum. So if the police say they have no evidence of a third party, then that says to me they have no CCTV footage of Corrie getting in a car, no eyewitness reports of Corrie getting into a car or a fight, and no one coming forward to report that they've seen or heard something or given Corrie a lift.

If the police search the horseshoe, investigate the bin lorry, check all this CCTV, do all the searches (in conjunction with Sulsar, the RAF and other agencies), talk to everyone they can, and still have no hard evidence or leads, how does anyone expect them to 'find' Corrie? In most cases a missing person would have been found through exactly this work.

A thought I've just had is that I'm still not clear on what the rubbish collection was. If it was a recycling collection that went down a hand-sorting conveyor line, wouldn't electronic items such as phones go into a box for recycling of electronics and not into landfill or incinerator piles? And that would probably mean it the phone would be on a ship to China with the case stripped off and landfilled/incinerated.

I wonder if the vehicles have perhaps been eliminated. It's a hard one to call but the police certainly seem to be thinking differently to the family.

The only issue I have with the walking is the phone pings. It's not impossible his phone ended up in a bin accidentally but I find it implausible.

Unless we're looking at a deliberate binning and attempting to walk home/another ulterior motive that I'm sure the family are equally likely to want to discount.

Perhaps hitch hiking is the key.

I don't know, I've been convinced also there's third party involvement but if there's no evidence what can you say? I was watching the mark duggan docu the other day (yesterday?) and they were saying how DNA and forensic evidence can't prove you didn't do something. In relation to none of his DNA on the gun, it didn't mean he didn't hold it. If that makes sense.

It feels like we're back to the start. Police saying no third party involvement means he walked out of that horseshoe

Does anyone know of a map of the areas searched so far or could we possibly obtain or find a link? For example were any areas along the A1101 searched? (The obvious route from BSE to BM based on the phone pings)

Can someone run through the pings again? If I remember rightly, the first part we thought he was walking? Then it's stationery for an hour? Then he's in a car, then it stops again and goes off. Was that right?

A thought I've just had is that I'm still not clear on what the rubbish collection was. If it was a recycling collection that went down a hand-sorting conveyor line, wouldn't electronic items such as phones go into a box for recycling of electronics and not into landfill or incinerator piles? And that would probably mean it the phone would be on a ship to China with the case stripped off and landfilled/incinerated.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know of a map of the areas searched so far or could we possibly obtain or find a link? For example were any areas along the A1101 searched? (The obvious route from BSE to BM based on the phone pings)

I think sulsar has more detail on search areas, I'll have a look

The phone pinged goodbye from the BSE mast at 0430 and pinged hello to the BM mast at 0458 remaining there till 0800 when it stopped. Correct me if that is wrong anyone please. There is some info at beginning of this thread and a couple of theories. I'll have a look back.

The phone pinged goodbye from the BSE mast at 0430 and pinged hello to the BM mast at 0458 remaining there till 0800 when it stopped. Correct me if that is wrong anyone please. There is some info at beginning of this thread and a couple of theories. I'll have a look back.

So that first hour we can anticipate him walking? Ugh cant remember the phone timeline

I know nothing about the RAF (or any Services) apart from what I read, but surely if there was even the slightest suspicion/chance that Corrie has been abducted the RAF or MOD would step in?

I fear - as I always have - that Corrie evaded the CCTV (not deliberately) and did attempt to walk back.

He could have hitched a lift en route or part way of course.

What I haven't understood is the lack of searching.

I agree with the fact that if there was even the slightest evidence pointing to an abduction, the MOD would be involved. To investigate any military personnel abducted would be their area and jurisdiction, to my knowledge.

I am also leaning towards him walking back and sadly was hit by a car by a driver who had taken his eyes off the road for a second and didn't realise he'd hit a person, rather assuming it was an animal.
Or someone hit him whilst drink driving and simply hasn't come forward.
The pings, IMO, can be explained if Corrie was on the edge of the BSE mast when the phone pinged and he then crossed over into the BM mast range fairly shortly afterwards. The masts, as I understand, have a wide range.
That is unless police evidence has established the location to a very small area. Maybe they have, I don't know.

Maybe, like others have previously stated, Corrie got a lift part way and was then ejected from the vehicle for one reason or another and the RTA theory then kicks in.

May I also suggest that the family have been leaning towards trapping a perpetrator, by possibly a series of veiled threats, for want of a better expression.
Maybe they are convinced that a third party was involved and with the case updates by Tony, it has been a way of trying to "eek" the suspect out, making him/her feel the pressure and that the net was closing in, the hope being that he/she would crack. Alluding to facts that whilst the family weren't 100% sure of, may have served to break the perpetrators silence.
Please, please don't take offence to these comments, they're just thoughts I've had and aren't facts or accusations.
Please feel free to pull my ideas apart! ;-) Though I'm sure the Forces tv this evening will probably blow it all out of the water anyway!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

I think sulsar has more detail on search areas, I'll have a look

I think this is where the Police may suffer from lack of manpower. Searches need great deal or manpower and organization. I would think Sulsar need to be advised by the Police of the preferred or most likely areas to search?
I understand that privately organized searches have been mentioned. Again these need to be coordinated with Police, and there is the always the chance that important forensic evidence may be missed or contaminated by hundreds of members of the public wandering about. OIMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle