UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that some of the later stills are related to the movements of vehicles in and out of the horseshoe. I just don't see why we would be seeing some of these that were taken at 5am and after unless these people may have seen those vehicles.

I am guessing that some of the later stills are related to the movements of vehicles in and out of the horseshoe. I just don't see why we would be seeing some of these that were taken at 5am and after unless these people may have seen those vehicles.

Even if they did see the vehicles there's zero chance of them remembering now. I'm not sure any useful information will come out even if every person is identified

JMO

Sorry, just catching up on this thread. I have tried and failed to find the link to Nicola's discussion with college students that I have seen on here. Did it say Corrie had been on cctv in his car? Or could the drinking be something that Corrie mentioned during the phone call to his brother?

Here is the link: http://www.rwsfm.co.uk/findcorrie-the-latest/

Just listened to it again and she only says he is seen walking from the car not specifically seen drinking in the car. I wonder where that info came from then? A witness presumably.

I also have to point again the difference in times given. On the above (from 8th Nov) she says he parks up at about 22:00 but the Find Corrie FAQ it still says he left the base around 22:00.

BBC Look East has a video clip retracing the sightings - search for them on FB.

Even if they did see the vehicles there's zero chance of them remembering now. I'm not sure any useful information will come out even if every person is identified

JMO

I don't disagree, to see images weeks and weeks after hoping to jog someones memory is very poor

It's very possible. I just wonder given his personality and the fact he was still heavy with drink, he couldn't keep still and quiet for that long with so much foot traffic?

Then there is the phone. During this wait he could have made texts/calls yet apparently the 03:08 picture text is the last communication. As an aside I still find it puzzling he didn't let his mates know via text/call he had been asked to leave Flex. They didn't know he had been and nor did they try contact him either.

Re the phone: Corrie had been in 2 bars before he went to Flex. He may have done this - gone round the usual watering holes - because he couldn't get a reply to find out where his mates were. If his friends were already in the nightclub they may not have heard/felt phones on vibrate going off. Hence he may not have bothered contacting them when he left the club as they wouldn't pick up messages til later. And if he already had something arranged for later did it matter? Maybe he wouldn't have stayed to closing time anyway if he didn't want his mates giving him banter and trying to tag along if he headed off with an "I've got other plans."

Sorry, just catching up on this thread. I have tried and failed to find the link to Nicola's discussion with college students that I have seen on here. Did it say Corrie had been on cctv in his car? Or could the drinking be something that Corrie mentioned during the phone call to his brother?

I think that's what was said, and I think the documentary said that Corrie was seen in the disabled bay by CCTV.

I'm also wondering if....in the earliest press conferences and media reports it's said that Corrie was in his quarters alone, drinking and on the phone to Darroch, and then Corrie drives in alone to BSE. But then the police have got the CCTV of Corrie in that parking space 40 minutes or so earlier, which means that while Darroch thought he was talking to Corrie in his quarters, Corrie was actually in the car having a drink and chatting on the phone.

We've also heard 'speculation' that Corrie might not have driven in alone. What if, at the beginning of the phone call, Darroch thinks Corrie's in his quarters, and Corrie turned around to someone and said, "bye mate, I'll catch you up in a few after I've finished on the phone". To Darroch that would be a guy at the base going into BSE separately from Corrie. But if it's actually occurring in the parking space, then that would fit with Corrie driving in with someone else in the car? I have no evidence such an aside took place, nor that anyone was in the car. But if they were, would the police have necessarily corrected Nicola's assumption that Corrie drove in alone?

I find that often when you have conflicting info that each piece is true to the person telling it. And this speculation would explain why we have a claim that Corrie drove in alone *and* an unsubstantiated counter-claim that he didn't?

I think that's what was said, and I think the documentary said that Corrie was seen in the disabled bay by CCTV.

I'm also wondering if....in the earliest press conferences and media reports it's said that Corrie was in his quarters alone, drinking and on the phone to Darroch, and then Corrie drives in alone to BSE. But then the police have got the CCTV of Corrie in that parking space 40 minutes or so earlier, which means that while Darroch thought he was talking to Corrie in his quarters, Corrie was actually in the car having a drink and chatting on the phone.

We've also heard 'speculation' that Corrie might not have driven in alone. What if, at the beginning of the phone call, Darroch thinks Corrie's in his quarters, and Corrie turned around to someone and said, "bye mate, I'll catch you up in a few after I've finished on the phone". To Darroch that would be a guy at the base going into BSE separately from Corrie. But if it's actually occurring in the parking space, then that would fit with Corrie driving in with someone else in the car? I have no evidence such an aside took place, nor that anyone was in the car. But if they were, would the police have necessarily corrected Nicola's assumption that Corrie drove in alone?

I find that often when you have conflicting info that each piece is true to the person telling it. And this speculation would explain why we have a claim that Corrie drove in alone *and* an unsubstantiated counter-claim that he didn't?

Reasonable explanation EXCEPT, why wouldn't his mate have come forward and told the family/police that he was in the car with Corrie. I think we need to ignore speculation on someone else going into BSE with him as we have nothing but hearsay to corroborate that fact.

I don't know if the video can be embedded here, but it's near the top of the Look East FB page but that code won't do it for sure. So I'm just adding the link for nerdgirl :)

https://www.facebook.com/bbclookeast

Thanks - was just trying to have a url that went directly to the video, which I can only find on FB at the moment, but was having trouble getting it to work.

Re the phone: Corrie had been in 2 bars before he went to Flex. He may have done this - gone round the usual watering holes - because he couldn't get a reply to find out where his mates were. If his friends were already in the nightclub they may not have heard/felt phones on vibrate going off. Hence he may not have bothered contacting them when he left the club as they wouldn't pick up messages til later. And if he already had something arranged for later did it matter? Maybe he wouldn't have stayed to closing time anyway if he didn't want his mates giving him banter and trying to tag along if he headed off with an "I've got other plans."

I'm sure the link earlier of Nicola visiting collages says he did meet his mates in so bar. Or maybe it was codarose's post in the last thread

Reasonable explanation EXCEPT, why wouldn't his mate have come forward and told the family/police that he was in the car with Corrie. I think we need to ignore speculation on someone else going into BSE with him as we have nothing but hearsay to corroborate that fact.

Yes, that's fair enough, and is how I am treating a lot of the information anyway.

But the first paragraph does also come with an explanation for the timing discrepancies which were alluded to by someone on the previous page of this thread.

It could be known to the police but they want to avoid pressure or harassment for the person in the car especially if they think him being there is irrelevant to the case and events?

Thanks. I watched it earlier this evening but don't think there was anything new there. Almost all the details we've been chewing over for the past 8 weeks were left out, but that was inevitable I guess given the length of the programme.

Yes, that's fair enough, and is how I am treating a lot of the information anyway.

But the first paragraph does also come with an explanation for the timing discrepancies which were alluded to by someone on the previous page of this thread.

Yes, I thought that yesterday when I went back and rewatched the first press conference where Darroch gives a brief outline of the numerous short calls in breaks, and then the long call. He said during the log call Corrie was listening to music and getting ready to go out. I thought that must have been car radio and Darroch just didn't know at that point. I was interested in that call being initiated by Darroch not Corrie, thinking about his state of mind. We've thought depressed, drinking alone in a car, needing family support, but I now think it wasn't anything of the sort. Another poster said that this long call Darroch mentions wasn't the final call though, although I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

I am 99% certain the bin lorry driver (unless actually involved with a serious crime in this incident) would have come forward by now and admitted giving Corrie a lift if he had knowingly done so. No way on this earth would he have kept quiet for so long unless he is completely heartless.

according to bbc east news all 4 vehicles have been identified, checked and discounted!!

We don't know if that person has come forward to the police. I think that if there was a second person the police have known that from the start. It's not likley to me that this person would be telling randoms in BSE without telling the police if they had been in the car.. There may well by CCTV of them leaving the car on Robert Boby Way. Equally there could be someone trying to insert themselves in the case by lying about being in the car but that doesn't seem too likely to me as it could so easily be disproved

JMO there was a passenger and he left he car when Corrie started chatting on the phone and has been discounted by the police as having nothing to do with Corrie's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member