UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something (don't have time to go through all the posts I've missed) but in that Express report, under the pic of Corrie it says 'police forensics found no evidence of blood on the young man's recovered phone'
Have they found his phone or is this shoddy reporting like the cars have been traced and discounted?
I thought that too...they also quote this...“We know that his mobile phone was probably carried in a bin lorry from here to Barton Mills, which is quite a few miles away.
“Did he put his phone on the top of a bin and then it fell inside? Or did someone throw it in the bin?

This hasn't been confirmed that it WAS in the bin lorry has it??

Have I missed something (don't have time to go through all the posts I've missed) but in that Express report, under the pic of Corrie it says 'police forensics found no evidence of blood on the young man's recovered phone'
Have they found his phone or is this shoddy reporting like the cars have been traced and discounted?
I thought that too...they also quote this...“We know that his mobile phone was probably carried in a bin lorry from here to Barton Mills, which is quite a few miles away.
“Did he put his phone on the top of a bin and then it fell inside? Or did someone throw it in the bin?

Last phone ping at BSE mast area was 0430.
Phone entered BM mast area 0458.
Phone stopped working at BM mast area at approx 0800.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The family have given clarification many times, but for obvious reasons we cannot source it. The police have never given any definitive times for the phone pings themselves. All you can glean from the police statement is that the phone wasn't is bse from around 4.30am and that it went in the Barton mills/mildenhall direction. According to the families 4.30am bse ping and 4.58am ping in bm this matches each other in my opinion.

I'm not sure where the clarification is needed. The bin lorry was definately in bse at 4.20 so for the police to have even considered the phone to be in the bin lorry the phone couldn't have pinged bm at 4.30
The family website says it disconnected at 0500. The police say 0800. Plus the 4.30 to 8.00 statement and I don't know the origin of the 0458 or the 28 minutes. Forgive me I am a stickler for details.

Is it meant to say "no evidence of blood OR the young mans phone"? (not sure where the 'recovered' bit fits in)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - given how much apparent information we are receiving from the family and the press (though not much from the police) much of it is misleading. Quantity over quality I think.

I don't think it's meant to say that as the word recovered wouldn't be there (unless that's meant to say 'unrecovered') I don't suppose it'd be the first time a newspaper editor can't do their job properly ��

BBM in that case we know nothing more than that Corrie was last seen at 3.24 and to our knowledge hasn't been seen since :tantrum:

And isn't that frankly gobsmacking considering he's been missing for 11 weeks? He might as well have thumbed a lift in the TARDIS or slipped through the back of a wardrobe for all we know of what happened after 3.26am.

The family website says it disconnected at 0500. The police say 0800. Plus the 4.30 to 8.00 statement and I don't know the origin of the 0458 or the 28 minutes. Forgive me I am a stickler for details.

Can someone remind me the source of the police 8am disconnection info? I have the family 5am source (here, for anyone else looking) but can't find the police saying the phone disconnected at 8am.

Not sure but I read it as that's the assumed scenario given the evidence found so far (I too have always thought just his phone went with the lorry) and the family will be privy to more info than we are. Well you'd think so!

so I have a question
If the Mildenhall HWRC is where the rubbish gets sorted, where is the other stop TW mentions in his 20th Nov update

'
  • The Bin Lorry. The bin Lorry collected 1 bin. Recycling waste. The lorry had cameras on it, but they are for viewing only, not recording. The bin it collected was weighed when it was lifted into the back, showing only 11kg of material was in it (Corrie is around 85Kg). It then drove to its next pick up in Mildenhall, then on to the recycling centre. It did pass by Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills, but we know for certain that it did not stop at any point on its journey from BSE to the next pick up or its final destination.'

There hasn't been any information on this second pick up. Nor any factual information on where the Recycling Centre that the lorry terminated. There really has been so little factual info given out, because there is so little available imo.

There hasn't been any information on this second pick up. Nor any factual information on where the Recycling Centre that the lorry terminated. There really has been so little factual info given out, because there is so little available imo.

what I really should have said was that this second stop has not been factored into the timeline on the previous page

Very detailed! Are you able to link your sources, or would you like us all to chip in with finding the relevant links?
That would be good. Also corries last cctv sighting at 0325 should be added. Adding sources will highlight differences and adding Est for the estimates maybe.

Regarding time taken to collect bin. I have biffa also collect my recycling but it is bagged at work. It's nearly always a single driver and can range from ridiculously early till late hours of night. They also take varying amounts of time to collect even 2 bags (we pay per bag). From where I sit I can see them do paper work in the cab and they can be sitting there from 2mins to 10 so I can imagine if they have an industrial bin to collect that may also take longer.

Just to add that if they are full or due to traffic they are unable to collect they will do a clean up on another day at a random time.

When I have called biffa re missed pick ups or errors they know when it was collected to the time or should of been collected by looking direct at system. I think they try to run quite a tight ship.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

what I really should have said was that this second stop has not been factored into the timeline on the previous page
Especially if he took as long on the second stop as the BSE one plus a break in mcD that could be another hour easy.

so I have a question
If the Mildenhall HWRC is where the rubbish gets sorted, where is the other stop TW mentions in his 20th Nov update

'
  • The Bin Lorry. The bin Lorry collected 1 bin. Recycling waste. The lorry had cameras on it, but they are for viewing only, not recording. The bin it collected was weighed when it was lifted into the back, showing only 11kg of material was in it (Corrie is around 85Kg). It then drove to its next pick up in Mildenhall, then on to the recycling centre. It did pass by Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills, but we know for certain that it did not stop at any point on its journey from BSE to the next pick up or its final destination.'

Do we know for sure it was BIFFA? In the horseshoe there is one blue bin which I think must be council as there is nothing on it to define otherwise. This is labelled as ICandy Cardboard Only. There are at least 2 BIFFA General Waste bins and 2 BIFFA Dry Mixed Recycling bins. If it was BIFFA collecting the dry mixed recycling then why not empty both bins? Unless of course there was nothing in the 2nd bin?

Right. I phoned Suffolk County Council and enquired about the Mildenhall Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Horse's mouth and all that.

This is what they told me:

1. The centre is NOT open other than at the hours publicised on the website.
2. It does take some commercial or trade waste but only from local small businesses if they have the appropriate permit from SCC.
3. It does NOT accept any waste from any large commercial organisations.
4. NO users have access, or a key to access the site, outside of official opening hours.

I think this finally knocks on the head any idea that the bin lorry could have been making a pick up from, or leaving waste at, the Mildenhall HWRC.

Or have they got the phone and not admitted it perhaps JMO?

Do we know for sure it was BIFFA? In the horseshoe there is one blue bin which I think must be council as there is nothing on it to define otherwise. This is labelled as ICandy Cardboard Only. There are at least 2 BIFFA General Waste bins and 2 BIFFA Dry Mixed Recycling bins. If it was BIFFA collecting the dry mixed recycling then why not empty both bins? Unless of course there was nothing in the 2nd bin?

I don't think I've ever seen a quote from the family confirming that it was Biffa.
If it was, and given that the emptied bin was only part full (I am assuming that from the 11kg(?) weight, then that surely means the other one was empty.

If the bin was weighed at 11kg that only rules out corrie being inside the bin, could he still have been in the lorry?

I think this young man was unfortunately at the wrong place at the right time and crossed the path of someone doing something they could not afford to be witnessed

Right. I phoned Suffolk County Council and enquired about the Mildenhall Household Waste Recycling Centre.

2. It does take some commercial or trade waste but only from local small businesses if they have the appropriate permit from SCC.
4. NO users have access, or a key to access the site, outside of official opening hours.

I think this finally knocks on the head any idea that the bin lorry could have been making a pick up from, or leaving waste at, the Mildenhall HWRC.

:yourock:

:yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member