Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My guess would be that he left England many years ago, but returned to die there, for whatever reason. Because of the time passed nobody who once knew him recognized him.

This is how I'm thinking too.

But I'm mystified by why he chose the moors, especially as we know the last stage of his journey began in London. He didn't choose the moors because he wanted to die in a beautiful rural spot. We have plenty of those in this country, places that aren't creepy. The moors, especially in the winter feel desolate, lonely, foreboding. Maybe that's why he chose them?. :thinking: I can't help but think he had some connection to the area at one time.
And why did he choose strychnine.

Again, I think the fellow was a strychnine abuser whose death was per deliberate overdose; tolerance might well give way to an easeful death, and the folding of arms as described here.

The lack of tattoos? Means nothing. Home is the sailor from the sea.

"Desolate, lonely, foreboding," the moors seem particularly a destination for a suicide; in its way an impossibly romantic one.

Yes if he was depressed, for example, the moors seems a fitting choice to lie down and die.

Regarding why his journey started in London, maybe he arrived there from overseas? (But they would then have him on camera at some airport or train station, wouldn't they?)

update on this case:
According to news, the UID fingerprints did not find a match in Pakistan databases. This rules him out as a Pakistani citizen.
http://saddind.co.uk/mystery-case-of-man-on-the-moors-continues/

I wonder when that process started and whether it is restricted to babies born in Pakistan or whether fingerprinting is also carried out for anyone who is naturalised.

Given Neil's estimated age range, he was probably born between 1940 and 1950.

It's possible he was born in the subcontinent before India and Pakistan became independent.

There were Brits who chose to stay on and live out their lives in the newly independent countries. These were mostly those coming up to retirement who didn't have enough pension or savings to be able to ensure a decent standard of living back in the UK but could live on comfortably there on their resources, but some younger technical people stayed on such as engineers. If he'd been born there under the Raj his British citizenship could have been complicated and he could have fallen through the bureaucratic cracks. Perhaps a British subject rather than a British citizen, naturalised as an Indian or Pakistani citizen perhaps decades later when he needed a passport or resurrected his Britishness in order to avoid military service overseas.

Dunno. I'm just trying to think of ways he might have slipped between the cracks.

Either he was living in the UK in the run-up to his death (in which case why has nobody identified him?) or he legally entered the UK on a passport issued in the past 10 years. This is assuming he didn't enter on a false passport, of course.

Maybe Dovestone purposely put the pills in bottles from Pakistan to throw off identification? imo.

Maybe Dovestone purposely put the pills in bottles from Pakistan to throw off identification? imo.

The metal plate in his leg was also traced to Pakistan:
Some plates and implants used in surgery have batch numbers, making it easy for them to be traced. Others are stamped with the name of the manufacturer.

On this one, there was not a number but there was a name - Treu-Dynamic, a company based in Sialkot in Pakistan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-e8c6cbab-da44-4a3c-8f9b-c4fccd53dd24

Disappointing that he's not on the Pakistan database, grrrrrr!

Since Lori Ruff (USA) has just been ID'd after 6 years I have psted an SOS on her thread to see if any UID fans want to come and have a nosy.

He could have been living in India and went over to Pakistan for the surgery. Maybe they should check visas given to Caucasians during the time he had the surgery. Photo would have to have been submitted when applying for a visa, so somewhere in Pakistan this guy's face must be on file!

He might have had one for a few years already :/ this really is an interesting case!

This is how I'm thinking too.

But I'm mystified by why he chose the moors, especially as we know the last stage of his journey began in London. He didn't choose the moors because he wanted to die in a beautiful rural spot. We have plenty of those in this country, places that aren't creepy. The moors, especially in the winter feel desolate, lonely, foreboding. Maybe that's why he chose them?. :thinking: I can't help but think he had some connection to the area at one time.
And why did he choose strychnine.

Maybe he had a thing about Wuthering Heights and wanted to meet his Cathy?

Somehow I think he was most recently a Londoner; out of the Smoke and into the fog.

Here are the visa requirements for entering the UK by non-UK citizens:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_United_Kingdom

As a matter of interest, there has been a very recent proposal for the UK, Canada, Australia and NZ to join together in a new free travel, residence and work zone, building on our shared Anglosphere heritage. This would replace the existing one for the UK vis a vis the EU when we finally Brexit.

I can't believe this guy is still UID! Really sad that someone can die alone and (apparently) unmourned 😢

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I can't believe this guy is still UID! Really sad that someone can die alone and (apparently) unmourned ��

We're mourning him! Honoring his life and marking his passage.

In terms of the man's ID, I think he will turn out to be a person of British ancestry and citizenship but resident in Pakistan. I may have missed this but has he had DNA testing for ancestry ie mitochodrial...?

In terms of the man's ID, I think he will turn out to be a person of British ancestry and citizenship but resident in Pakistan. I may have missed this but has he had DNA testing for ancestry ie mitochodrial...?

But then, as Elainera said, there should be a visa photo of him somewhere. No idea what tourist figures are like for Pakistan , could be a needle in a haystack. I'd love to think somewhere over there is a team of people diligently working through visa pictures, if not they should send them to us!

But then, as Elainera said, there should be a visa photo of him somewhere. No idea what tourist figures are like for Pakistan , could be a needle in a haystack. I'd love to think somewhere over there is a team of people diligently working through visa pictures, if not they should send them to us!

They should right? We would get right on it!

But actually, thinking about this some more ... I guess the problem probably lies with how and for how long this particular kind of data is stored in Pakistan. Depending on when (how far back) he applied for a visa, his picture and information might not have been stored in digital format but only on paper, and long been thrown out. I live in India and it has only been over the last 5 years or so that visa applications can be filled out online, and all necessary supporting papers get scanned in. Before that everything was only done with pen and paper. And even now, I have to provide the same documents every year again (for my visa extension) because they don't store and keep what I provided last year. Big hassle :facepalm: I would think the situation is similar in Pakistan, if not worse. Do we know when his surgery was done?

They should right? We would get right on it!

But actually, thinking about this some more ... I guess the problem probably lies with how and for how long this particular kind of data is stored in Pakistan. Depending on when (how far back) he applied for a visa, his picture and information might not have been stored in digital format but only on paper, and long been thrown out. I live in India and it has only been over the last 5 years or so that visa applications can be filled out online, and all necessary supporting papers get scanned in. Before that everything was only done with pen and paper. And even now, I have to provide the same documents every year again (for my visa extension) because they don't store and keep what I provided last year. Big hassle :facepalm: I would think the situation is similar in Pakistan, if not worse. Do we know when his surgery was done?

Not sure when surgery was done, also how old was the prescription bottle? I thought they'd narrowed down the surgery to just a handful of hospitals/surgeons. Are they doing isotope testing? Questions questions, I'm sure there are answers within the thread but I'm having a total mind blank!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back