Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good catch, CMC. Zoopla thinks the house has almost doubled in value since 2006, so that supports my theory that he would notw be priced out of returning, even if he hadn't spent it all abroad.

Good catch, CMC. Zoopla thinks the house has almost doubled in value since 2006, so that supports my theory that he would notw be priced out of returning, even if he hadn't spent it all abroad.

Yes, worth around £410k now, for a 2 bed terrace - London you are crazy!!!

PS Ellmau, have you double checked the address, seems to check out but if I've got it wrong I'll delete previous link...

My dad grew up in streatham, although he is a fair bit older than DL.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So we know he was a Londoner, lived a quiet life in Streatham for 35+ years, worked as a croupier, sold the house for £220k in 2006 and emigrated to Pakistan. He probably had no mortgage so would have had all that money to keep him going.

I wonder why Pakistan? Most people his age and at that time would have gone to somewhere like Spain, so Pakistan seems an unusual choice. Was there a link?
It is a bizarre choice. And then we also had the original detective who stated that DL looked Indian/Pakistani. Has that been firmly disregarded now?

Interesting that his passport was ten years old, presumably applied for when he emigrated, and would have needed renewing. I think you can do that from Pakistan, but maybe he didn't have all the paperwork he needed (like, say, his birth certificate ;)) and that could have been a reason to return to the UK?

If he had found his time in Pakistan could not be extended visa wise, he might have found that rising property prices here meant he couldn't resume his old life and that could have led him to make the decision he did? Just a thought.

Not that his ld life sounds much fun. The Sun has tracked him down: no link to the aristocracy, I'm afraid - he was a croupier from Streatham who never had visitors.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/27263...le-visitor-in-34-years-say-london-neighbours/
From The Sun story "But Det Sgt John Coleman, who led the case, is still puzzled by several aspects.

Among them are why Mr Lytton was not wearing his glasses when he died, why he had no loose change in his pocket, where he spent the night after landing at Heathrow and why he bought a return train ticket to Manchester from London if he intended to kill himself."

😕 mysterious

My dad grew up in streatham, although he is a fair bit older than DL.

jslk, if you can (hope he is still with us) out of interest ask your dad if there was/is much of a Pakistani community in Streatham, he lived near Streatham Vale Park. I've been looking at emigration figures for UK to Pakistan but struggling to find out how many white British moved there. It wouldn't have been work-related as gambling is illegal over there.

I've also been looking at why some of the roads in Lahore have English place names, and while I can't find a reason for Lytton Road, some of the others are named after Brits who were there in the late 19th century. Fits nicely with our findings about the "other" Lytton family and their Bengal connections.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1203718

This line makes me sad: 'I knew he had gone away when he sold his house but I never knew where.' I find it strange that you could live next to someone for over 30 years, see their house up for sale, and not ask where they're going. Maybe one of the other neighbours or an ex-colleague will come forward now that it's all over the papers.

My two key questions right now are: WHY was he in Pakistan? And WHY was he in Lancashire?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sioner-no-visitor-34-years.html#ixzz4X47IaLL8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting that his passport was ten years old, presumably applied for when he emigrated, and would have needed renewing. I think you can do that from Pakistan, but maybe he didn't have all the paperwork he needed (like, say, his birth certificate ;)) and that could have been a reason to return to the UK?

If he had found his time in Pakistan could not be extended visa wise, he might have found that rising property prices here meant he couldn't resume his old life and that could have led him to make the decision he did? Just a thought.

Not that his ld life sounds much fun. The Sun has tracked him down: no link to the aristocracy, I'm afraid - he was a croupier from Streatham who never had visitors.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/27263...le-visitor-in-34-years-say-london-neighbours/

I discovered the address in streatham yesterday, nice house, sold in 2006 which fits with Mr Lyttons travels - Also I grew up in south london, and work there now, and there is a large pakistan population and many pakistan nationals who came here during the 50's/60's often went on to buy property

A man who was found poisoned on a moor may have lived illegally in Pakistan and left just before his visa ran out. sources in Pakistan told The Times yesterday that Mr Lytton had “repeated visa issues”. It is believed that he may have stayed in the country illegally at times and left for the UK because his visa was about to expire.

Mr Lytton, who was not religious, may have been persuaded to move by a Pakistani friend in London, although he allegedly never learnt the local language during his time in the country.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/saddleworth-moor-man-had-visa-problems-0n08xgx79

When translations go bad....... :giggle:

• Saddleworth Moor dying thriller *advertiser censored* David Lytton ‘didn’t have a single vacationer inward 34 years’ state London neighbours
  • Saddleworth Moor loss of life thriller man David Lytton ‘didn’t have a single customer in 34 years’ say London neighbours
  • Margaret D, eighty one, stated she had known Mr Lytton for 34 years as his next-door neighbour and on no account seen him receiving any agency. “David was once an actually quiet, non-public man. I by no means saw him with a just right friend or any chums — and i evidently didn’t see any domestic".
  • Mr Lytton had travelled from the marvel spot to kill himself
  • His physique was once came upon by way of a member of the general public the next day to come

https://inewsn.com/saddleworth-moor...oner-inward-34-years-state-london-neighbours/

I think that this man would be appalled if he knew all of the hoopla surrounding his death. It seems he lived a life alone and may well have preferred it that way. He went out of his way to plan his death to be private and it is anything but.

Some people are content to be alone, that is their choice, and I feel sad for him that his plan was foiled.

46 Lilian Road?

Yes Lilian Road - It was weird how I came to the conclusion but on doing some digging it made a lot of sense, I didnt want to post about it incase there was a possibility I was wrong - but seems i wasnt

I think that this man would be appalled if he knew all of the hoopla surrounding his death. It seems he lived a life alone and may well have preferred it that way. He went out of his way to plan his death to be private and it is anything but.

Some people are content to be alone, that is their choice, and I feel sad for him that his plan was foiled.

I know what you mean, but I guess when your death is going to end up costing thousands of £'s worth of investigation (paid for by the public purse) AND be mysterious, there are going to be people who are interested.

He could have just kept his passport with him, his family would have been notified, there might have been a small piece in the local rag, and that would have been that.

Yes Lilian Road - It was weird how I came to the conclusion but on doing some digging it made a lot of sense, I didnt want to post about it incase there was a possibility I was wrong - but seems i wasnt

So I'm interested, how did you? (assuming it was before the neighbours name was mentioned)

jslk, if you can (hope he is still with us) out of interest ask your dad if there was/is much of a Pakistani community in Streatham, he lived near Streatham Vale Park. I've been looking at emigration figures for UK to Pakistan but struggling to find out how many white British moved there. It wouldn't have been work-related as gambling is illegal over there.

Tooting Bec has always been very well known for its pakistani community, and streatham is about a mile from Tooting Bec, its accessible very easily on foot from Tooting Bec or by bus - Take a look on google streetview at what Tooting Bec looks like, lots and lots of asian/pakistan shops restaurants and other businesses. Gradually the pakistan community started to spread out into areas like streatham, tooting broadway, mitcham

I know what you mean, but I guess when your death is going to end up costing thousands of £'s worth of investigation (paid for by the public purse) AND be mysterious, there are going to be people who are interested.

He could have just kept his passport with him, his family would have been notified, there might have been a small piece in the local rag, and that would have been that.

Agreed! His manner of death was surely going to cause a 'hoopla'. An overdose in a random hotel is one thing, poisoning yourself mysteriously on a hill after so much travelling is something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back